[se] idle and wild
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Online
Change author:
MP: 10254
Deimos
Dare we know the halo's hanging low
The Sword had long since returned from the Climb with his obsidian wares, but between every other multitude, mission, and necessity within the region, he’d had little time to put them to use. Deciding to utilize what little free time he had that afternoon, instead of marching straight to the barracks to bark orders at warriors, he sat along their newly installed porch, listening to Belial nap below his feet, and Zuriel chew hay nearby.

Retrieving the blackened mineral from his bag of holding, he stared at it for a little while, studious, turning it over in his fingers or laying it along his palm, before beginning some sketches along parchment. It could make a decent sized ring, with more to spare for other projects or fundamentals; or perhaps outfit a necklace, bangle, contribute to the hilt of a blade…

Gazing upward, Deimos instantly spotted Hotaru nearby, further down the road. Probably unfortunate for her, but he angled his booming, rumbling voice capabilities towards her, and even then, she wouldn’t be able to escape or evade his Attuned bond. “Ru,” he called, as a means of both distraction and irritation. “What did you use your Climb wares for?” Presuming, of course, that she’d wandered into that midst and snagged some.
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
all the things I once ran from, I now bring as close as I can
Unfortunate indeed. They live on the same road which is very convenient on most days, but on others they are both subjected to the whims and wiles of the other. It appears today will be one such day for Hotaru, as Deimos’ booming voice startles her as it breaks through the otherwise quiet street. Though it’s tempting to pretend she hadn’t heard him, the topic is a little too enticing, so she abandons her plans and instead changes course to head for his porch.

Heedless of their neighbors (who at this point are begrudgingly accustomed to the antics of the long time best friends) Ru shouts back as she walks. “I commissioned an anklet, got the rubies polished. Just need to inlay them now. Did you mine the obsidian?” Likely the obsidian, unless he’d gone with Evie. Nearing the porch, the Valkyrie peers at the item in his hand, half-shifting her eyes to assist. Yep, obsidian. “What plans do you have so far?”
HOTARU
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Deimos
He half-wondered if she’d plainly ignore his yell, turn about or raise her head like a cat, and nearly expected it. His eyes widened in a more jovial, juvenile, and boyish manner as she applied to his attempts at attention, shouting in return. Luckily the hours wouldn’t impact the rest of the neighborhood, and he’d long since given over to indifference over rolled eyes or grumpy features plastered in their direction. At least, for the time being, their only antics on display were exuberance and loud noises - and the broad glint of his grin.

Commissioning an anklet, with polished rubies, seemed a very Ru-like inclination, and he shrugged his shoulders, unsurprised. Notions of himself fashioning such a thing were beyond capability or mental image, however. “Yes,” nudging the larger piece of obsidian across the table for her to peer and gaze upon. There were chairs available to her as well, if she sought to indulge in some comforts along the porch. “I had several,” and he shoved the parchment of papers her way too – including the necklace, bangle, hilt of a blade, or a new addition since they’d begun talking, some portions of a belt.
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Admiring the new porch as she ventures closer, pleased she can see this new addition more plainly than the others where she had to wait to visit inside, Ru blinks the snowglare out of her eyes as its shade welcomes her and adjusts her vision to see the offerings Deimos slides across the table for her perusal. Like a magpie she gives into the urge to pick it up and play with it immediately, rolling it in her fingers and examining its quality with an eye nearly keen enough from years of quality fashion and jewelry to be on par with the gemologists of their region. "You have a wonderful piece here, and quite large too." Sitting, she gently places the stone back down and instead leans over the table to peer at his sketches, the familiar strokes and notes making her lips twitch in a smile.

"You have plenty of weapons, so I would be disinclined to say a pommel piece. A belt or bracelet would be nice, and you could always enchant it." He is not averse to wearing accessories in her experience, but a cuff or belt would weather more in a fight than a finely strung obsidian-stone bracelet. "Or perhaps a pendant? Usually, I see obsidian in small, bead-like strings, but you have a good deal of flexibility here." Now it's making her itch to finish her own anklet however, which doesn't bode well for her ambiguous plans for the day.
HOTARU
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos
Ru’s assessment was all he needed, but he inclined his head anyway, watching her perusal and study. Content that her nature seemed at ease, for the moment, he permitted the length of their conversation to meander away from any broken sentiments, and to the notions at hand. Mockingly offended with a brief snort, scoff, and grunt of surprise at the statement of plenty of weapons, the belt portions seemed to reel around his cranium more so now too. “You can never have too many weapons,” came along thereafter, wrinkling his nose as he applied to more of the sketching and belt design. Simplistic, for his own tastes.

With already one pendant dangling around his neck, usually tucked against his chest for any sudden lies, and a bracelet potentially getting in the way, he settled more into the former notions. “A belt then.” Outlining a few more brushstrokes of charcoal amidst the designs, his gaze eventually meandered back to her. “And what about yours?” An inquiry meant to draw out her own particulars and statements – presuming some height of fashion piece to accommodate the Valkyrie’s presence.
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Her grin is closed-mouth and mischievous, clearly disagreeing with him but content to allow him his delusions. Hotaru has always been more inclined to her magic than any weapons, though she is more than proficient in a wide array of them (mostly because of Deimos).

Crossing her legs comfortably and reclining in the chair, she indulges for a moment in watching him sketch in silence, enjoying the distant sound of birds and the pervasive sunshine beyond the shade of the porch. It is a peaceful moment, one she will never tire of being surprised by. She hopes she never grows used to it, so that she will appreciate it every time a new one comes along.

He pulls her from her thoughts with his question, and Ru procures her rubies and empty anklet she'd commissioned to lay them on the table for him to peruse. "Red is not exactly my color, so keeping it on my ankle is my current plan. Though I've been toying with the idea of enchanting it to silence my footsteps." She has her wings for aerial moments, but they could not always be used. "Though I am still considering my options." Whatever she chooses, she will ask Frey if it can be done.
HOTARU
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos
Her lack of response, other than the mischievous air, caused a moment of bristling tendencies – because he had nothing to argue against but her residual stare. Scoffing and mulishly raising his jawline, he eventually gave way to her own silence, and considered himself right on the matter.

At least these were tranquil and serene moments – not blistering, not scorching, not unfurling from other seams. Days like these had been somewhat plentiful in acts of restoration, though the Sword always kept a watchful eye upon the Valkyrie. Sometimes it was out of habit and always out of love; appreciating instances where she could have a reprieve.

While he began calculating his next motion into creation, his gaze slipped to the rubies, and the calculations behind upcoming potentials. Leaning back in his chair for a moment, a smirk drew along his features. “Intending to return to old tricks?” Days of Thiefdom, of information, of stealthy procedures and walking amidst the shadows; a cloak and dagger machination.
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
He can consider himself correct all he wants, his stubbornness is all the more endearing for how wrong he is. Considering he has the Halovian armory, his own stash in his home, and personal enchanted weapons, Ru believes he's two steps from an intervention. If she were feeling more mischievous she would perhaps ask if he would have to make an additional room for a nursery because of his refusal to let go of his curated collection, but instead she merely lets him feel the echoes of those juvenile emotions to ensure he does not feel he has won too easily.

It shouldn't surprise her anymore that he can read her so easily, but she narrows her eyes slightly at him anyway just to be contentious. "Perhaps," she harrumphs, though her lips twitch against her will, abating moments later. "It has certainly been on my mind. I suspect Flora is establishing something of her own, though she has been vague about it." Which only makes her prouder to have birthed such a perfect mini-me. "Though I did consider that it would be useful in battle as well." Allowing for sneak attacks, or even to dissuade beasts and animals from focusing on her as opposed to her fellows.
HOTARU
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos
Even without the words, there were emotions reeling through bonds enough to sway his eyes narrowed and mutinous; before turning his nose downwards to study other facets and sketch further. And probably sticking his tongue out at her, for very juvenile effects.

Persisting in his charcoal outline of impending belts, he waited for her acceptance of the inevitable, or at least, a forthright notion to her own patterns. They could snag and laugh at his all day, but truth be told, she had some telltale signs of operations too. His cheeks dimpled at her harrumph, without an ‘I told you so’ made into the midst; silent, there in the brief instance of Attuned rites regardless. “If she is taking over the Hanged Man…,” which had its own reputation for secrets and aloofness, then it more so fit the routine.

Leaving those notions to meander where they lay, his brow arched at her notions for usefulness in battle. “And to challenge your students.” For not a day went by, he was certain, that Ru didn’t relish in surprising or outwitting them. He was much the same.
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
The dart of his tongue, no matter how subtle, would have been unveiled by the bond regardless. Hotaru casts her eyes quickly up and down the street to ensure it's empty (vain to the very end) before giving in and sticking her tongue out right back.

With her anklet on the table in front of her she can hardly find a reason to avoid working on it and begins to put the rubies into the empty pockets, tightening the prongs down with one blunt talon in lieu of tools. Humming her agreement in regards to his implications about The Hanged Man, Hotaru does not look up from her work. Doesn't need to after so many long years at his side. "I wonder if she'll approach me about it. She hasn't yet. Missed opportunity if you ask me," she chuckles, having more than earned her arrogance when it comes to thievery.

Snickering just as he had assumed, Ru's grin becomes positively wicked. "Exactly. I can't let them get rusty, and I'm not above using items to keep them on their toes as opposed to magic." They were the ones who needed to practice their magic during those lessons, not her.
HOTARU
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos
Incredulous, he arched an innocent brow, and pretended to ignore her antics, opting to forgo that they were vastly similar to his own moments before. Instead, he developed a lofty sort of air, feline-esque, and began to hone in his creative machinations, hands spread, beginning to unfurl the gilded angles and lines of the impending belt.

They worked simultaneously, concentration blending and bending, and when he was finished with the initial portions, leaving portions of the onyx belt open to place the obsidian within, he snorted at her indication of missed opportunities. “As long as she is not intending to have any ‘spy’ business here,” recalling, remembering Sunjata’s stupefying guild arrangements, and then all the other platitudes – like fire, thereafter.

He glanced up to watch her progress with the rubies, and the natural snicker volleying forth. Alternating into a curl and wrinkle of his nose, his head tilted vaguely. “You could always do something with invisibility too.”
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Recalling all that had come about from that particular realization many years ago, Hotaru cannot summon a smile, and merely fits another stone into her anklet. "As far as I'm aware she's entirely focusing on thievery, but given her newfound hatred for Harper I doubt she'll have the desire for information given she won't want to use it for their benefit." Here she does snort a laugh, because her daughter's sudden vitriol was deeply amusing for Ru to witness given it was like looking into a mirror.

Invisibility is another notion, though it makes her quiet yet again. This time recalling a hair tie that sits in her drawer, useful but too sentimental to use. Something Wessex had given her before...before. "It would be far easier to wear than a cloak," she admits, seeing the logic in it. "And I could always have it on me." Seeing the piece of jewelry with new eyes now, she sighs dramatically and cinches another stone beneath the prongs. "Now I don't know. I haven't seen Frey in ages, I need to make it worth it."
HOTARU
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos
Beginning to fit the piece of obsidian against metal and leather, he lifted his brow, following the course of questions. While pleased to hear she wouldn’t be following in the absurd and stupefying footsteps of the Flood, he was missing some other parameters of suddenly spun abhorrence. Though a snort laced its way through his chest, given how easily both of them settled into wrath, depending on the cause, blight, and circumstance. “Why the vitriol towards Harper?” From what he knew of the man – save very little – he was polite, if a little goofy.

He listened thereafter to other musing thoughts, content to give advice, tangents, or plausible ideas over items. “Not something you would have to snag at a moment’s notice,” agreeing with the sentiments, as he fixed the blackened element into the middle of the belt. “Could activate it with something simple.”
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Why indeed, the story is quite short but not lacking in drama. "She ran for Governor in Torchline. Or, Queen. Whatever they call themselves now." Ru doesn't care about the semantics. "Harper ran against her. She used her family and connections as leverage, and Harper refuted them as far as I understand. Not exactly soft-handedly." But then again, given her daughter's general disposition and the way most everyone bent to her whims, maybe that was an exaggeration. This much is translated by the way she half-rolls her eyes and shrugs slightly. "Now she has decreed an eternal grudge against him." Something Hotaru completely understands given she has started and upheld such feuds in her own lifetime.

Pleased with the idea, Hotaru cinches in the last ruby and holds up the anklet by one end, watching the stones glimmer in the grey-toned light of Halo's snowy suburbs. "I'll have to pick Frey's brain on activation options. It's a good idea." Whether she'll stick with it is another question; Hotaru's mind is as fickle as her heart sometimes.
HOTARU