Afternoon Daydreams
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9427
Hotaru

Having arrived early to make good on her promise of staying in Torchline longer to visit her daughter and attend the reopening of the Hanged Man, Hotaru reintegrates into Torchline like a hel to water. Golden skinned and in a flattering bikini, she meanders around the line of merchants on the beach that offer sun hats, sparse drinks, food, and beach wear. Nothing particularly catches her eye, but that doesn’t mean something won’t.

Little golden rings decorate her hands, and a ribbon tickles down her spine where it holds her hair up in a ponytail. It’s rewarding to be recognized by a few people on the beach who recall her from her time living in Torchline, and Ru shares a few brief conversations with them as she pokes around at a stall with body jewelry. Something to make an impression at the grand opening would be nice…
soak me in your moonshine
and fuck me on fire
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
George Shepherd
Thief

Age: 31 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Torchline was known for several things, chief among them its beaches. And while George normally didn't spend much time there - less clothing meant that picking pockets was much harder - every now and then, he had a craving for some sun and sand.

So it was that on this particular day, he found himself on the Ahi Coast, dressed only in swim trunks (and feeling decidedly naked without the myriad knives he usually kept on his person), leaning against a palm tree and taking in the sight of the many beachgoers. He had his eye on a couple who had disappeared into the waves, not paying the least bit of attention to the goods they'd left on the shore, when a flash of gold caught his eye. Gold that stood out starkly to him against the tan skin and blonde hair and  - well, well, well. Someone to make the beach interesting, or so it seemed to George.

As the woman poked around at a stand of body jewelry, George pushed off his palm tree and sauntered over, wondering if this venture was even going to be worth his while. After all, a woman in a bikini, while alluring, was not his usual mark. Still, she was pretty, and it was hot, and flirting with an attractive woman seemed a great deal more fun than trying to steal odd bits and bobs from random people, so...

"I think this one," he murmured as he stepped up next to her, picking out a particularly flattering necklace. "Not too gold and gaudy, know what I mean?"
xoxo, George
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Hotaru

His approach is not unnoticed given how in tune her senses are, though she merely registers him as a background presence until he comes up behind her directly. Because of it she doesn’t flinch, merely tilting her head slightly his way as he leans in close and points out a necklace that she takes the time to peruse before turning. A sheen of gold enters her heterochromatic eyes and flickers away a moment later as her eyes meet his; whether it is the cat or the falcon is unclear, but she feels it rise to the surface with an intrigued tickle.

“You have a very keen eye for quality,” she compliments, her ever-regal tones at odd with the relaxed manner of speaking most Torchers adopt but smooth and sweet all the same. A tiny uptick begins in the corner of her mouth, almost lazy. “You must either be married, a merchant, or…” turning slightly, she tilts her head, golden hair cascading over one slim shoulder as she smiles playfully, inviting him in on the joke, “you’ve crafted a perfect pick up tactic.” Then, because she won’t spoil him with too much immediate attention, Ru turns to the seller (who is shamelessly eavesdropping) and points to the same piece with a comely smile. “This one please. Boxed, if you will.” The exchange of money is swift from the small, gilded clutch in her hand. Money is of no consequence to Hotaru.

Then she turns fully to him and presents her free hand, mismatched eyes aglitter with intrigue. “I’m Hotaru. Who should I thank for such fine advice?”
and fuck me on fire
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
George Shepherd
Thief

Age: 31 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
So she wasn't as easy to surprise as, say, Flora; an interesting but not entirely unwelcome bit of knowledge to be tucked away for later use. Her heterochromatic eyes darted up to meet his squarely, and he offered a charming smile, his own eyes dancing with mischief. "My ma always said I had an eye for fashion," he agreed with a wink. "But I'm just a humble merchant." Humble. Right.

She turned back to the seller, who immediately boxed up the necklace in exchange for the woman's money (which, George noted, came freely from a gilded purse). He was just trying to decide if it was worth trying to snatch a ring while the merchant was distracted when the woman turned back to him. Again, he flashed a disarming smile, a good enough thief not to give himself away by looking guilty. "George Shepherd, at your service," he said with a theatrical bow. "It is truly a pleasure."

He straightened from his bow, all good-natured mischief. "At the risk of being overtly obvious with my pick up tactics," he added with a wink. "Do you come here often?"
xoxo, George
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Hotaru

He is even more intriguing up close and personal, and certainly doesn’t fail to keep her attention when he opens his mouth. She cannot say the same for many of the other men in Torchline, so why not entertain the encounter a bit further? “Humble, hm? A downfall for a merchant if you ask me.” It’s clear by the slant of her mouth that she’s being playful, counting on his wit to keep up.

The seller hands over the box expediently, which is always a pleasant experience. Tucking it into her hand alongside her clutch, the Valkyrie turns right as the newly named George bows dramatically. Laughing lightly, bell-like, she sweeps her hair back over her shoulder and gestures to the open beach to allow the merchant to peddle his wares to other customers. Assuming he follows, Ru finds an open space for them to stand a few steps away, too intrigued to go too far.

“The pleasure is mine, I assure you.” It would be easy to say something akin to low hanging fruit such as ‘the pleasure is mine handsome’ or some other come on, but Ru prefers the long game too much these days. “I used to live here some time ago. Now I’m merely visiting for a week. Yourself?” She tilts her head like a bird of prey, which is not far from the truth.
and fuck me on fire
George Shepherd
Thief

Change author:
"Ah, but that's where you're wrong," he said, all earnestness and play. "The humble merchant is the discerning merchant." And so he was. The items he procured were only of the finest make and were only available for the finest clients.

It took but a moment for the seller to hand Hotaru her bundle, which she tucked away beside the clutch in her hand. As George bowed, she laughed, a pleasant, bell-like sound that had the thief looking up with a crooked grin. He straightened, following her the few steps away to allow other customers access to the jewelry stand.

"What a shame that we never crossed paths," he said mournfully. "And when I've lived here all my life, too." Torchline born and bred, and proud of it, particularly when the region was beginning to look more and more lively. "What's brought you back to us, if you don't mind my asking?"
xoxo, George
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Hotaru

Enthralled by the way he disagrees with her, Ru can’t help the way her playful smirk twitches into something more like the beginnings of a grin. It surprises her to feel it. These days she seeks out bed partners for a single night and nothing more, and their wit has never been top of her list for importance. “Oh? Then surely you must tell me what you sell. I’m a woman who only enjoys the best quality of,” here her eyes flick from his feet to his head in a subtle flicker, keeping it swift, everything really.” Her ensuing smile intentionally emphasizes innocence, as if daring him to call her out on her ogling.

Amused by his charming bemoaning, Ru winks. “Don’t mourn the loss, I’m here now aren’t I? All the best arrivals are fashionably late.” Comfortably popping her hip out, Ru contents herself with standing and conversing, happy to change her plans on the fly. “My daughter is taking over the Hanged Man. You might know her, her name is Flora.” And though she isn’t exactly counting on trying for the man’s attentions, she doesn’t want to scare him away so quickly so she adds, “I live in Halo so I decided to arrive early and peruse the new seasonal fashion beforehand. She promised some potential new faces to chat up, though her taste is…questionable.” The fond roll of her eyes makes it clear Hotaru won’t tread on Flora’s toes, but she’s willing to tease the young woman out of earshot. Either way, it’s clear Ru doesn’t mind advertising her own single life. Given how boring that life is of late there was no sense in being defensive about it.
and fuck me on fire
George Shepherd
Thief

Change author:
What did he sell? It would be easier to tell her what he didn't sell - a list that was painfully short. As her gaze flickered from his head to his toes in a subtle display, he couldn't help the way his crooked grin widened. "Then why don't you tell me what you're looking for, and I'll find exactly what you need?" he proposed, raising an eyebrow at her. This was turning out to be far more fun than he'd anticipated.

The news that Flora was her daughter took him aback, though he did well not to show it. Hotaru didn't look old enough to have a daughter like Flora, but then, he'd heard of kids asking the gods to age up and other such things. He supposed it was possible, although the possibility made him mildly uncomfortable. Just how young was Flora, anyway? "Ah, Flora," he said instead, nodding sagely. "Of course. I was with her just the other day in the Hanged Man. She's done well with the place," he added truthfully. Her modern take on the bar, in addition to her plans for the back room... well, George was a fan, to say the least.

But in terms of allure, he had to admit that Hotaru had the edge on her daughter there. Where Flora was an obvious tease, Hotaru seemed to have more fun with wit. And that suited George just fine. He did his best to look a little wounded, though his eyes still twinkled playfully. "And here I thought we were getting along so well," he complained after her comment about Flora's questionable taste.
xoxo, George
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Hotaru

Oh, he has given her exactly what she needs to pin his type, and her eyes are nearly slight with the satisfaction of finding the right scent trail. “My my, you grow more interesting by the moment George,” she purrs, clearly enticed. “I have been in the market for strength suppression devices if you ever find one. I have quite the exotic array to offer in trade if you do.” It’s a very, very high ask, and Ru knows it; which is precisely why she says it. It is a double-edged blade of informing him of her tastes, as well as confirming she had something just as valuable already in her possession to trade.

It’s no surprise he knows Flora. Given her daughter has grown into the equivalent of an exact replica of Ru’s sordid youth, it would be more of a miracle if he didn’t know her. She’s equally unsurprised to know her daughter has spruced up the Hanged Man, though her expression is clearly pleased to hear the man speak well of her only remaining child. Though it’s not so intriguing as his flirtations of course - she may prefer wit to teasing as he’d noted, but even she could not resist such blatant openings.

“If you’re in her sights I may have to admit she has developed some better judgment,” she laughs, taken aback to find it’s a sincere expression of her amusement. Damn but he’s charming, it’s a delightful change of pace. “Though she has always preferred older men. Shame that, she tries to steal all the good ones from the more deserving.” Winking, Ru can’t help the little smirk that forms on her face at their banter. Perhaps she should visit Torchline more often if these are the types to be found.
and fuck me on fire
George Shepherd
Thief

Change author:
George grinned crookedly as Hotaru practically purred beside him. He raised an eyebrow at her request, running down a list in the back of his mind as to where such a device might be found. "And should I find one, I can find you in Halo?" he asked to confirm her whereabouts - as much for himself as for business. One thing was for sure: George was certainly going to be prioritizing such an alluring woman's request.

She was, perhaps, even more intriguing than her daughter. Flora, at least, was easy to pin down. Flirtatious and coy, but it had been clear that she'd wanted something from him. Hotaru, though... well, she might share some similar qualities with her daughter, but he'd yet to figure out her angle.

Unsure how he felt about being called an 'older man,' George merely winked. He leaned closer, as though sharing a secret, and if it brought him closer to Hotaru, then all the better. "She must not be a very good thief, then."
xoxo, George
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Hotaru

“Of course. I’m the Headmistress of the Arcane Academy, shouldn’t be hard to find me.” It’s definitely a flaunt, but it’s worded without the intonation of a humble brag - which makes it all the more of one surely to be so calm with the delivery. It’s also a great tactic for finding Abandoned without pressuring them into revealing their status, though right now that’s just a secondary bonus.

He won’t find her angle anytime soon unless she has gotten rusty, though if he objects to the idea of being called an older man he certainly won’t want to know just how young Flora is. Much like Hotaru, she carries herself with the confidence of an older woman - especially if you didn’t have a keen eye. As he leans in she angles herself closer and tilts her head upward to account for their difference in stature, though it’s clear by the relaxed, confident pose she has kept this entire time that her diminutive frame does not hold her back in any way. “She still has much to learn from me,” she croons in agreement, expression deeply pleased with his flattery as she playfully allows another peek at her metaphorical hand - clearly the type to be amenable to the notion of thievery. “Though you’re rather underdressed for getting my claws in you. On you is a different story, though…” trailing off, she shrugs elegantly and winks at him, “I must say, currently your body is the least of my interests with everything else to compare to. Now I’m the one regretting we did not meet earlier.”
and fuck me on fire
George Shepherd
Thief

Change author:
He filed the information away in the back of his mind amidst the other information he'd managed to glean so far from their brief interaction. He was glad now that he hadn't simply tried to steal from her - although it had been a distinct possibility. This was turning out to be much more interesting. And, if he were an enterprising thief (and he was), she could turn into more than just a pretty face. It was always nice to make a good impression on a potential new client, after all.

And it seemed that Hotaru had more in common with her daughter than just good looks and flirtation, which was better for George all around.

"Ah, but what was it you said earlier? You are, I believe, fashionably late, which is to say that you're right on time." It was something he'd learned early on in life: pretty women were never late, but they always kept you waiting. He straightened with a grin. "As for the rest, well, my body and I are yours to command."
xoxo, George
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Hotaru

By her estimation he knows slightly more about her than the other way around, but it’s a disadvantage she’s willing to entertain for the moment. It could prove to be useful in lowering his guard or piquing his interest in what she could offer a man of his caliber and career. Not just becoming a client, but someone with their own skills to offer in trade.

She must either be rusty or he must be more in her league than she’d estimated, because as he straightens she finds herself privately disappointed. Though if his offer is to be believed, she will not have to remain that way for long. “You’re a dangerous man George. I like it; though you shouldn’t promise yourself so lightly to my whims. I don’t have a reputation to tarnish here anymore, but you still do.” Her grin is almost sharklike, though her mismatched irises gleam with playfulness like a large cat keeping its claws carefully retracted before tussling.

Gesturing with a tilt of her head back down the beach, Ru turns halfway, coquettishly eyeing him over her shoulder. “If you have the time, maybe a drink and a dip or a bit of mayhem?” Whatever the world presented to her. It was their oyster and all that.
and fuck me on fire
George Shepherd
Thief

Change author:
Ah, but let's not bring George's illustrious reputation into this, shall we? After all, the man was a thief. There was just that, for one: his reputation as a man who could get to things that were otherwise inaccessible - for a price, of course. There was his reputation for discretion, his penchant for secrets - after all, he needed to be able to find the things his clients wanted, didn't he? And there was, perhaps, a certain reputation for being, as Hotaru had so easily surmised, a dangerous man.

In other words, it sounded like Hotaru would be more likely to add to his reputation than to tarnish it.

"I have all the time in the world for you, love," he said with a chuckle, catching up to her and offering his arm, should she choose to take it. Either way, he used his other hand to shield his eyes as he looked up the beach, getting his bearings for where they were in relation to various waypoints with which he was familiar. "There's a little bar not too far up the beach, if a drink's what you're after," he suggested. It was popular with the locals, but he knew the owner, and he usually got a good deal on his drinks as a result.
xoxo, George