someone to save me
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 21 - Int:
TARAK - Mythical - Griffin (Fire Breath)
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
Sohalia
The afternoon was bright and sunny, all the better for exploring Aumakua. Soh had wandered out of Harper's door this morning with a certain shyness and hesitation, but after some time of meandering through Torchline without incident, she had managed to relax a bit. Now, she stepped daintily through the glittering sands, admiring the way they shone even in the brightest part of the day. In the distance, a lighthouse stood sentinel. The books she'd read indicated that it was lit by magic at the top; legends told of great disaster should the light ever go out.

Soh felt that she could relate to the great stone building, her own light having been dimmed by recent events. With the faintest of bruises still visible on her face from the attack in Stormbreak, she had but to look in the mirror to remind herself that all was not rainbows and butterflies. There was darkness in the world, and it only took a drop to paint over one's rosy view of the world.

Finding a spot where she could sit in peace, Soh spread her skirts and sat, tucking her legs beneath herself gracefully. For the moment, she simply sat, looking out over the sands and the sea, contemplating its beauty and how she could best capture it on paper.
there's no life without you here
Paige Berkley

Age: 22 | Height: 5' 3" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 9 - Int: 0
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Paige
'Cause there were pages turned with the bridges burned
Paige watched the newcomer sit herself down, spreading her skirts in a way that screamed prim and proper, causing the attuned to arch a brow. Her head cocked to the side, lips twitching around her lit cigarette, taking a long draw as she stood up. Not bothering to put it out, she wound her way towards the stranger, head cocking to the side as she came to stand to the side of the woman. "I don't think I've seen you around before." Noy entirely true. She knew who she was vaguely. A friend of Jude's and as a friend of Jude's that meant she was up for scrutiny given that Jude was her dearest cousin.

Blowing out a plume of smoke, Paige cut her eyes down to the blonde, "Name's Paige. You are..?" She trailed off, waiting for her to supply the information she was looking for of her own volition before Paige showed her what exactly she knew already.
Everything you lose is a step you take
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Sohalia
Prim and proper was a good way to describe Soh, who was uncomfortable even with some of the styles of dress she tended to see in Torchline, especially in Longheat. She herself preferred longer skirts and dresses, and perhaps the occasional outfit of pants and a loose blouse. She did, however, love bright colors, and today she was dressed in a white top tucked into a yellow skirt, her hair tied up with a matching ribbon.

While Soh either knew or knew of Jude's immediate family, but she wasn't what one might call familiar with cousins, so when Paige strolled up to find her sitting on the beach, she didn't immediately place the other young woman. She was pretty, though, and Soh smiled up at her, shielding her eyes against the sun, seemingly unbothered by the way Paige cut her eyes down towards her. Any worries she had were tucked away into the back of her mind, banished from the forefront in favor of presenting a pleasant and friendly persona. "Hi, Paige!" she said, bubbly and bright. "I'm Sohalia. It's a pleasure."
Paige Berkley

Age: 22 | Height: 5' 3" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 9 - Int: 0
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Paige
'Cause there were pages turned with the bridges burned
Her brows lift at the response, almost curling her lips at the candy sweet chirp that came from the other girl. Gods, she was chipper. Paige took another deep drag from her cigarette, smirking as she looked down at her, "Oh I know who you are. You're the one Jude's been talking about non-stop." She mentions it casually. As if it isn't a big deal that she happens to know about their involvement. Maybe it isn't, but that isn't for the attuned to say.

Keeping her emotions carefully walled away from the other girl, having sensed that tell-tale prickle at the back of her neck, the girl shifts to stand in front of her and blocking the sun as a result. "You here for long or just passing through...?"
Everything you lose is a step you take
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Change author:
Sohalia
"Hopefully good things," Soh said with a laugh. That Jude had been talking about her nonstop was neither here nor there; when she was in Torchline, they were nearly inseparable, and she talked of him frequently when they were apart, too. She tilted her head to one side. "But you have me at a disadvantage. How do you know Jude?"

Soh wasn't one to keep her emotions in check, generally; she was a bit of an open book, having never really learned to hide them. So the sudden gratefulness when Paige shifted to block the sun was likely felt, regardless of whether Soh wanted it to be or not. "I'm just visiting," she said, trying not to think of the reason for that, unease seeping back into her mind. "I'm from Stormbreak. I'll have to go back in a few days."