blood moonlit
For Mateo <3
Paige Berkley

Age: 22 | Height: 5' 3" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 2 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 9 - Int: 0
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
We were supposed to be just friends
Depending on what kind of mood and situation-ship I'm in
Her laugh is infectious and bright, catching Mateo as he sways backwards into her, "Good. Otherwise I would have had to cause a scene." Paige drawls right back, turning each cheek towards him to accept his kisses then planting ones of her own respectively. "I know. I've been busy. Forgive me?" Batting long lashes up at him, the attuned can't keep her smile at bay even as he scolds her, the energy humming through the air mixing with the smoke that's waking up her nerves in the most delightful ways.

"Stop it. You have me beat. Torchline looks good on you. Yesss... Let's!" Tangling her arm with his, Paige finishes the last of her drink and discards the empty glass on a table, tugging him towards the bar and ordering them both two shots. "I have something new I think you'll like if you're wanting a little bit of an upper." Paige drops her voice as to not be overheard, arching a brow as she pulls out a small metal capsule from seemingly nowhere given that there is way too much skin on display for her to have a proper place to hide it.
paige
code by sky
Mateo Taliesin
Botanist

Age: 23 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 25 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 17 - Int: 0
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
Mateo
who are these people?
I just woke up in my underwear
"Forgive me, but I am not sure you could cause much more of a scene at this party than is already being caused," Mateo tells Paige with a sly smile, approaching the bar with her arm in arm and leaning casually against it as their shots are arranged. Mateo's is already halfway to his lips by the time she mentions an upper, the botanist raising his eyebrows at her, half impressed, half judgemental.

"You know how I feel about outside narcotics, bella," he says, even if the little capsule she produces is very interesting, and his resolve crumbles before it even had a chance to form. "What is it?" he asks, his voice dropping to match her tone. "Either way, you know I will rub anything on my gums once." Wink... wink?
no liquor left on the shelf
I should probably introduce myself
Paige Berkley

Age: 22 | Height: 5' 3" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Glancing around the tavern, Paige purses her lips before letting out a resigned sigh, "You're probably right. I don't know that I can compete with everything else that's happening here." She leans against the bar, eyes locked on Mateo as she rolls the little canister between her fingers, letting it glint in the light even as he chastises her.

"It's all on the up and up. Flora gave me the go ahead." And that was the truth. They'd tested it together and had an absolutely wonderful time. She doesn't have to work hard to convince him and her lips curl into a feline grin. "I call it Lightseeker. Produces feelings of euphoria, very light visuals, and just makes most things feel good." Paige explains, untwisting the top of the canister, revealing the shimmery white powder inside. "You want a taste? Then we can dance the night away."
paige
code by sky
Mateo Taliesin
Botanist

Age: 23 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Mateo
who are these people?
"Were it any other night in any other bar, I have no doubt that you could put them all to shame," Mateo assures Paige with a smirk, warmly grasping her shoulder as if to apologise that she cannot be The Drama in a room full of it. He can only hum a reluctant acceptance for Flora's go ahead. Mateo, naturally, is not opposed to any drugs in any format, it's just that he believes he makes the best ones.

The Lightseeker, though, will need to be tested to confirm whether it lives up to Paige's hype. "Sounds like a less intense version of Snapdragon," he admits, and given that he's currently on the downswing from what he's taken before stepping through the Hanged Man's doors, a top up is very, very suitable.

"Obviously," he purrs, ordering another shot and gesturing for her to go right ahead.

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: OOC Account | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
bones, bones, bones, bones, bones, bones, bones, bones, bones, bones, bones, bones, bones, bones.

You've encountered the OG random event! This allows you to skip one levelling requirement with the character in this thread. (Unfortunately does not count for characters over level 10, how sad.)
Paige Berkley

Change author:
Paige only allows herself to pout a moment longer as Mateo gives her all the reassurance she needs, soaking in his attention, "You're right. I absolutely could, but pretty hard to compete with three demigods. One of which having fucked almost everyone in this room." She gives him an apologetic look, knowing that two of those demigods are his parents, even if they've kept to themselves relatively recently.

The attuned would be incredibly inclined to agree with the botanist. It's partially why she wants him to try it, believing there is room for some improvement and knowing if anyone could figure out where that improvement lies, it was him. "Exactly what I'm going for. A lighter alternative for those who don't want to dabble in the harder stuff." A more lucrative party drug if you will. "Tell me what you think, yeah? Want to start moving this and I can't do that without your approval." Because when it came down to it, Paige would always run things by him in the end.

Smirking at his agreement, she produces a little spoon necklace from the inside of her blouse, scooping a little into his shot and giving it a stir with her finger as it dissolves, turning it into a shimmery concoction. Doing the same to her own, Paige stows the canister and clinks her glass against his before downing it in one go.
paige
code by sky
Mateo Taliesin
Botanist

Change author:
Mateo
who are these people?
"If only I could boast a reputation like that," Mateo laments, sinking down onto his barstool and watching with seasoned interest as Paige spikes their shots. Back in Stormbreak he's been a few places where he's arguably fucked everyone in the room, but it looks as though Torchline is untouched ground as of yet. "Look at you, dabbling in narcotics," he says, a touch of pride in his voice as he holds up the shot to watch the shimmering whirlpool her finger has created.

"Well, here is to getting fucked up," he chimes, clinking his glass against hers and promptly shooting it back as well. He feels as though he might have wanted to rub the powder on his gums or snort it from the counter, but this works as well, and he slips an arm around Paige's waist as he rises from the barstool again. "Now I believe you said something about dancing."
Paige Berkley

Change author:
"We can work on changing it. Sow your wild oats and all that." Paige grins, spiking their drinks and passing it over in one smooth motion. Despite how it might seem, the attuned was also fairly reserved with her exploits. There was only one person in particular who had her attention and she was currently locked in conversation with about twenty other people. Grinning up at Mateo, the attuned clinks her drink with his, waggling her eyebrows, "Learned from the best."

With that she downed the liquid and grabbed his hand as he slips his arm through her own, tugging him out towards the dance floor, "Absolutely." She twirls, back pressing against his front as the music already begins to thud through her veins, swirling through her head as she moves in time with the music. "So how are things? How's Ever?" Her words are slightly slurred, lost in the tempo as her head falls back against his broad shoulder.
paige
code by sky
Mateo Taliesin
Botanist

Change author:
Mateo
who are these people?
"There is a plant joke in there somewhere, I just know it," Mateo informs his friend with a wicked smile; he's sown more than wild oats in his time and so on, har har har. Either way, Paige certainly has learned from the best, and, not knowing that she's more focused on his sister (but honestly, tonight of all nights, he can hardly blame her), he leads them out onto the dancefloor.

The drugs hit his system in time with the beat, or so it feels, the botanist closing his eyes to better feel and hear everything as his body shifts and moves. "Never better," he says; his words don't slur so much as his accent gets a lot thicker, but it's practically the same thing. "I believe Ever is out by the bonfire. He did not like all the people, here. Too crowded." His laughter chimes out like a bell; he'd hate this.
Paige Berkley

Change author:
"I couldn't resist." Paige retorts, acknowledging his particular line of work and the inuendo without a hint of shame in her eyes as she returns his grin. The Attuned might have her long term sights set on Flora, but here and now, she's wrapped up in Mateo and would anyone gaze upon them they would seem utterly smitten.

Her laugh is bright, seeming to make the colors around her shift as she hooks her arms in a loop over his shoulders, vibrating with the new tone of his voice. She's always liked his accent. Like the way he talks to her. Even if it's how he talks to most people. It didn't really matter to Paige. "I saw him. I told him I missed him and he said something about not being a lady." She giggles, shaking her head as her hips undulate and shift, feet moving in a seemingly complicated pattern between his and yet never stepping on his toes.

Fingers trail through his curls as her head tilts, eyes shining and pupils blown wide, "Wanna know a secret? I always thought you were going to be my first kiss when we were kids." It's one of those silly things you share as you get older. When nothing really matters anymore and the words are of little consequence. Her smile is bright and her blood shimmering, nerves vibrating with each pulse of music and brush of his body against hers, "Kinda sad you weren't."
paige
code by sky
Mateo Taliesin
Botanist

Change author:
Mateo
who are these people?
"About not being a lady?" Mateo repeats with a musical chuckle. "I do hope he was referring to himself. You are quite the lady, carissima." If he were more sober he'd also be wondering why Everest felt he needed to affirm his own not-ladyhood, if that is indeed what he was doing. Alas, as his eyes open the bar seems to throb with colour in time with the music, and Paige drapes against him, painted in watercolours with lips that blush like fire.

His head tilts back as her fingers tease through his curls, the botanist letting his hands run down the ladder of her ribcage and along the hourglass of her hips. "Oho?" He raises his eyebrows, tilting his head at her as they sway and move together. "And who was your first kiss, if it was not me? I could always make up for lost time, if you like." Flashing her a devious smile, he leans in and lowers his voice a fraction. "I am probably a much better kisser now than I was then, if it helps."
Paige Berkley

Change author:
Paige can't help her giggle, snuggling closer to him as they dance beneath the pulsing lights that swim on the edge of her peripheries, "I believe he was." Comes her easy confirmation, feeling a flush rise on her cheeks that's surely a mix from the drugs and his compliments warming her blood, making her stomach swoop. "You think so?" She croons, nails scratching lightly at his scalp, fingers sinking deeper into his curls and tangling there.

Goosebumps erupt in the wake of his touch, rolling over her skin like a wave as a breath escapes through parted lips, teeth catching it at the last moment. "Nate." An unfamiliar name to him and someone of little consequence, but her nose wrinkles as she says it, clear distaste coloring her tone. Though his offer causes her brows to raise, a Cheshire grin curling on her lips as she somehow presses closer, tugging gently at his curls. "Really? You'd kiss me now?" It isn't that she's surprised by the offer, given just who she's talking to. "It does soothe the sting a bit. I'm probably better now than I was then too."
paige
code by sky
Mateo Taliesin
Botanist

Change author:
Mateo
who are these people?
The nails against his scalp and the tug of his curls sends a bolt of something hot and electric down the length of his spine, and Mateo swears he can practically see the blue-white flash of it out of the corner of his eye. Breath catching and fingers clutching her closer, it's of no surprise to onlookers that they seem wrapped up in each other; between the blissed-out light show and the pulse of Paige's body against his own, they very much are.

"Nate," he repeats, the name ringing no bells (or maybe distant ones that don't matter), and Mateo scrunches his nose and shrugs; clearly they are of no importance, otherwise they'd still be in Paige's life. Here and now, though, she's lighting up the room in a halo of gold that swims and wavers, and he hums his easy confirmation.

"There is only one way to find out, no?" he reasons, one hand splaying out against her lower back as if to catch her against him; at the same time the botanist leans in to eliminate the distance between them. His kiss mimics the heady and euphoric beat of the drugs and the music, lips soft and tongue writing the lyrics to songs that don't yet exist.