hide from the heavens with me
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 14 - Strg: 58 - Dext: 70 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
RONIN
the darkstar
light is easy to love.
The night rolls on.

The bonfire crackles out its music and the drinks continue to flow freely; conversations are had, both mundane and unexpected, and it's about damn time Ronin found his husband.

He's had enough to drink that his bones feel warm and light, and while it might not last for long, he's happy to ride the feeling out while it's here. And whilst he can't see through walls or the crowd, and he's not privy to the sort of aura-reading abilities possessed by a certain ex-Spyglass, there's something about the Lullaby that always draws Ronin in, like two magnets seeking each other out in the dark.

Such is the case when the Supernova simply appears beside Remi all of a sudden, a gentle hand sneaking around his middle to draw him back against his chest. "I missed you," he murmurs, lips pressed to the other man's ear. "Come and have a drink with me."
show me your darkness.
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 60 - Endr: 100 - Luck: 93 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
the lullaby
Love isn't all that it seems
I did you wrong
Though some might scoff at him for it - Flora and Mateo to be sure - if Remi's life were to be characterized as simply time spent with Ronin and time spent without, he wouldn't correct it. That he felt little joy in the moments spent outside of the Supernova's orbit might be seen largely as some failing on Remi's part wasn't something he'd even deign to comment on. Love always looked different from the outside looking in, and it had been years since the Lullaby was concerned with the way others viewed him.

Whatever Tal had been saying was rendered instantly incoherent by the press of Ronin's hand. Lifting his own and fitting it instinctively between the huntsman's, no doubt Ronin will feel the immediate ease with which Remi relaxes back against him, his head lolling back to rest against Ronin's shoulder as his eyes slip shut.

Sorry not sorry Tal, conversation over.

Gods I thought you'd never ask. Remi thinks, that he might not have to shout above the crowd and the band's melody weaving between various conversations. I will grab us a bottle. So thinking, Remi turns in Ronin's arm and presses his lips with soft determination against his husband's. He both sighs into the gesture as much as he feels happy tension rise in his shoulders and when he pulls back it's with a blush dusting over his dimples and a crooked smile.
I'll stay here with you
Until this dream is gone
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
light is easy to love.
Oof, sorry Tal. Didn't see you there.

And he won't see you either now that Remi is in his sights, Ronin happily blinkered by his husband's presence. Gently swaying with the other man slouched back against him, he might be completely out of sync with the beat of the music, but the band may as well not be there for all it matters to the Supernova.

Joke's on you, because I wasn't asking, he purrs into Remi's mind, releasing him just enough to fall into the offered kiss, tasting liquor and small-talk in equal amounts on the Lullaby's tongue, and he knows which one is his husband's preferred vintage. I will get us a seat, he sings back, drawing away with whiskey-sweet softness in his eyes and a kiss blown on the heels of the other man's departure.

When Remi acquires his bottle and returns, he'll find Ronin sequestered away at a corner table that seems to have been shunned by the party-goers for not being in the thick of it. Which makes it perfect for a bit of canoodling and people watching, if you ask him.
show me your darkness.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
the lullaby
I did you wrong
The temptation to slip from his bones and simply melt against Ronin is almost too strong to refuse, though the former ascended's in the room (looking at you Isla, even if he absolutely isn't) will know what ultimately keeps Remi corporeal. There is an intimacy that comes from the ability to become, but it's at the loss of every other sense. The whiskey-sweetness of Ronin's lips and the smell of bonfire and charm wafting from the Supernova; the press of Ronin's fingertips in a way which was both so frustratingly gentle and suggestive all at the same time. As a spirit wrapped tightly around Ronin's heart, he'd not be able to feel any of it.

Wordlessly Remi moved toward the bar, and though he was very much human just now, the crowd seemed to part to allow him through as if he had been a wraith. Snatching a bottle of something dark and likely to burn going down, Remi turned to spy the corner of the room his husband had apparently chosen for them. Inhaling deeply and making a mental promise that he wouldn't ruin his daughter's party by roaring at everyone to get out so that he might fuck the Supernova right where he sat, the Lullaby questioned his ability to keep such a vow as he made his way over.

Sliding into the booth, Remi places the bottle on the table with one hand as the other slides down the length of Ronin's thigh. Squeezing just above the huntsman's knee as he cast a look around, the Lullaby leans over as if meaning to whisper something inconsequential to his husband. "Suddenly this feels not unlike our wedding night." He murmurs, still gazing out into the Tavern. "A crowd of people enjoying themselves, and all I can think of is you." So saying, the Lullaby lets himself look over his shoulder, drinking Ronin in with a soft inhale.
I'll stay here with you
Until this dream is gone
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
light is easy to love.
"I distinctly remember there being more fireworks on our wedding night," Ronin objects with a fierce smile that knows the innuendo he's just made, and as Remi sidles in next to him, his arm slips along the Lullaby's broad shoulders to rest comfortably around them, the gesture as casual as it is quietly possessive. "I think there was a great deal more fumbling with our keys to get into the guildhouse, too," he adds. "...And buckles. Lots of buckles."

This last part is delivered with his lips pressed to the shell of Remi's ear, as if to turn this stroll down memory lane into a sprint that ends with their clothes littering the floor of the tavern. Though Ronin's eyes are still on the crowd under the guise of general people watching, the topography of his husband's body is something he can navigate blind, and his free hand slips down to cover Remi's own.

"How was it, though? Your foray into the role of charming socialite?" He nips softly at the other man's earlobe. "Did you make sure to ask about the weather? That is always a hit."
show me your darkness.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
the lullaby
I did you wrong
"It is still early." Remi counters with a slight tilt of his head. "I would not be surprised at all if Flora has contracted Ianto for that very purpose." Fuck, that would have been smart. Inhaling deeply as images of their wedding night dance behind his slightly narrowed eyes, the Lullaby exhales a shaky stream of air that nevertheless tries to be steady. "So very many buckles." He agrees with a slight shiver as if Ronin's words were shards of ice sliding down his spine only to burst pleasantly into flame.

With his teeth clenched slightly, Remi's fingers spread to allow Ronin's to slip between them, yet the pads of his fingers remain pressed firmly around the huntsman's knee. Before them the crowd is a whorl of colour and movement that Remi can't seem to focus on but for the man at his side, no matter how hard he tries. He can see Flora sat with..Isla? Oh, and Mateo at the bar with Maeve's young niece. He can see-

-the thought is cut off abruptly by the pinch of Ronin's teeth against his ear and gods he isn't sure at all he'll be able to sit still much longer much less keep the promise he'd made to himself. "I...did not do that." Remi admits a touch stiffly, if only because of the monumental effort it takes not to simply shove the Supernova down onto the bench seat and pry his thighs apart. "The weather seems like a terrible thing to talk about, though." He manages, his fingers squeezing even as he leans his cheek in further toward his husband.

"How was your chat with Sunjata?" Maybe Ronin would say that the pair were BFFs again and that the Flood was coming over lunch. That would probably be enough to distract the Lullaby for a few seconds, at least.
I'll stay here with you
Until this dream is gone
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
light is easy to love.
"I'll let you know if I spot any spontaneous dicks in the sky," Ronin assures Remi, his fingers walking up and along his shoulder so he might graze a thumb over the back of his neck, even as his other hand laces and locks over his husband's, as if to anchor it against his knee. Blue eyes briefly take in the familiar faces he can see the Lullaby gazing at - especially Mateo and whatever he just mixed into his drink - but like the other man, his attention on anyone else is fleeting at best.

It's a fine tightwalk they cross together, and Ronin knows better than most how far to push Remi in one of these moods. As quickly as he might be able to push his partner into feral need and questionable decisions (something the Supernova is not immune to either, for the record), not only are they tragically in the presence of their children, but half the fun is in the prelude.

Exchanging teeth for soft lips, he presses a slow and indulgent kiss to Remi's cheek and lets his head loll against the other man's shoulder. "It absolutely is," he says of weather chit-chat. "But everyone knows how to talk about the weather, so it's a safe topic," he adds with a shrug of his shoulder. "Needless to say, Sunjata and I did not talk about the weather."

Scoffing and finding a soft curl against Remi's hairline to tease his thumb around, Ronin closes his eyes to better soak in his husband's presence. "We asked how things were with each other. I shamefully told him that I considered my life perfect. And we discussed our families."
show me your darkness.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
the lullaby
I did you wrong
"Do they now." Remi wonders a touch skeptically if only because there's nothing that strikes him as being more useless and mundane than filling any stretch of silence with talk about the weather. But then, that's why Ronin was the charming one and he was the Grinch up on the mountain these days.

Just as he thought it might, talk of Sunjata has Remi's blood cooling significantly despite the warmth of Ronin's head against his shoulder and the way the Supernova's fingers weave between his curls. "Ah." Finding his shoulders tensing, Remi reaches for the bottle he'd brought to the table, removing the cork with one partially taloned finger. Though it had been his idea, the Lullaby couldn't have said what he expected from Ronin and Sunjata's conversation, nor what he'd even hoped the outcome might be. Bringing the bottle to his lips, Remi closed his eyes and let the amber fire flow down his throat in a desperate attempt to temper the rising tension.

"I will be honest, it is strange for me to see you two together again. Nearly our marriage ended over a fight that involved him, and he was part of the reason you almost died in Stormbreak." Remi admitted in a soft voice, careful not to let their conversation be overheard by curious ears. "But-" He paused, his words lingering like the fragile threads of a cobweb as the Lullaby tilts his head as much as he's able given Ronin's head on his shoulder. "If you want to be friends again, I do not want to stop you. I may just..." Remi's fingers tightened around Ronin's, pulsing with a mix of affection and guardedness. "..be a bit grumpy about it in the beginning."
I'll stay here with you
Until this dream is gone
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
light is easy to love.
Shifting enough to let Remi take the hit of liquor that he needs - because the gods know he understands that feeling - Ronin squeezes his husband's hand atop his knee, before clasping it and bringing it to his waiting lips. "You are irresistible to me when you're like this, you know," he whispers against his knuckles. A perfect balance between softness and steel, like a blade wrapped in silk, moments like this remind the Supernova of the fragile heart that still beats in a body made strong by hardship and necessity.

"I told him that he is free to write me," he says of Sunjata. "So not friends, exactly. Just... an open door, for now." Pressing a second kiss against the Lullaby's fingers, Ronin only releases his hand at last so he might reach out and tilt Remi's chin towards him. "You will still come first, though," he murmurs. "Always, even if you are a bit grumpy." Smiling, he leans in to brush his nose against the other man's.

"Besides," he adds, "you have to deal with my moods whenever Hotaru walks by. I'd be a hypocrite not to let you feel how you feel."
show me your darkness.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
the lullaby
I did you wrong
"What, when I am unfairly jealous and slightly murdery?" Raising a brow and unable to help the low scoff of laughter that pushes past his lips, Remi sighs and gives his head a little shake. He was torn between wanting his husband to be happy and reconnect with old friends and the primal possessiveness and vindictiveness stemming from the damage Sunjata had inflicted upon Stormbreak and their marriage. It was a battle raging within him, and given the literal predators lurking in the caverns of the Lullaby's soul, such a battle was likely not to have a peaceful outcome.

With unfocused green eyes, Remi peers down at his husband. Feeling himself soften instantly, the Lullaby closes his eyes for a moment as he nods. "I love you the most." He whispers, nose brushing Ronin's and lips whispering softly over the Supernova's skin. "And I know loving you means occasionally sharing you, so..."

Mention of Hotaru has the final bit of tension fading from Remi's shoulders and he finds himself grinning despite how thorny he'd been only seconds before. Speaking of..."I thought he was with Isla..?" Nodding slightly to where the Flood and the Valkyrie were seated outside, hands on cheeks and seemingly deep in conversation, Remi raises a brow that Ronin would likely feel rather than see.
I'll stay here with you
Until this dream is gone
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
light is easy to love.
"Especially when you are unfairly jealous and slightly murdery," Ronin says, his words warped by the force of his smile, even as he accepts liquor sweet kisses from his husband's lips. "And I you," he replies, never tiring of reaffirming his love to the other man; in fact, with just enough alcohol in his blood to spike his thoughts with impulsiveness, Ronin wonders briefly whether they ought to have a third wedding at the Cordillera.

Thankfully, talk of the Valkyrie pairs with Remi melting back into his usual self, and he's distracted from his somewhat problematic thoughts. "Mm...?" Following Remi's gaze, the Taliesins are practically cheek to cheek as they survey the party from their clandestine corner, Ronin slipping his arm comfortably back around his husband so he might relax and watch things play out.

"I thought she was with Tal," he murmurs, furrowng his brow and wondering if this is an excuse to lose his shit under the guise of protecting a friend. Belatedly catching on to what Remi has actually said, he shakes his head softly. "Apparently they were just in similar circumstances after the war," he says. "Varus, he didn't make it."
show me your darkness.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
the lullaby
I did you wrong
'I did too.' Remi confirms; such was the topic of conversation between he and the courier before Ronin had swooped in and saved him from having to make any more small talk on his own. "But apparently he thinks of her like a sister." Narrowing his eyes a touch mischievously, Remi inclines his head just enough that Ronin might feel his skepticism. "And yet when I asked him about it he seemed close to having a heart attack, so.." The Lullaby snorts under his breath, and though he's quite sure Ronin won't want to hear it or worse, think it, Remi adds: "As if someone like Tal could ever be a match for her." Hotaru was a lioness, whatever Ronin thought of her, and Tal? Tal was like one of those small birds that ate the bacteria from the inside of the mouths of hippos. Useful? Absolutely. But outside of a fairytale, not the sort of creature that ended up with a lioness.

'Who?' A specific brand of indecision warbles from the Lullaby then, as his mind groped for the hole in his memories that he knew existed even if he couldn't possibly feel the boundary of it in his thoughts. "..did I know that?" He wonders with a soft frown, having no way of knowing if Varus and Isla was a part of his past that he'd removed, or whether this was new information.
I'll stay here with you
Until this dream is gone
Ronin Taliesin
the Supernova

Change author:
RONIN
the darkstar
light is easy to love.
"A sister, huh." Ronin sounds wickedly amused at that, and he's right back to his regular canoodling self as he turns his head to nibble at Remi's cheekbone. "We don't kink shame, husband," he whispers. Apparently they do gossip, though, and if there's ever a reason to persuade Remi out to more social gatherings, it's this. You know, apart from the part where Hotaru is too good for Tal, apparently. "I will have you know that the Courier is a fine, upstanding gentleman," he says.

Awkward as hell, maybe, but still. "In retrospect, though, you're probably right." Tal's far too good a man for someone as conniving as Hotaru. His opinion shines through the bond they share such that he doesn't need to say it out loud, and so Ronin lets his raised hackles speak for themselves, letting them smooth out only at the prickle of confusion from Remi.

"I don't know," he confesses, furrowing his brow. "I suppose if you never met him in person..." Maybe he was erased along with Isla? "Either way, they were together. I suppose after the war, though, she and Sunjata must have run into each other." No Nate, no Varus. They were alone but alone together, or something like that.
show me your darkness.
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
the lullaby
I did you wrong
Remi's face contorted into a grimace, his personal proclivities notwithstanding, he drew a firm line when it came to anything remotely resembling incest. Or, imagined incest? Anyway. "I do not disagree with you about that, however.." Remi's fingertips pulse against Ronin's knee once more. "What part of upstanding gentleman strikes you as Hotaru's type?" Given that her history thus far had included Sunjata, Nate, and himself? If he even counted, which, given the static-like shards of annoyance prickling out from the huntsman, he apparently did.

Deepening his frown, Remi struggled to concentrate, as if he could will his erased memories to reassemble themselves. "It is hard to think about, but...it seems like some things have been removed along with memories of Isla if only so that the hole is not so obvious if that makes sense?" It was hard to think about, let alone articulate, but the hollow emptiness that now occupied the space where Isla resided in his mind seemed to have been obscured somewhat, causing other peripheral details to blur in Remi's thoughts.

"Oh." Given what he vaguely knew about the significance of Isla in his life, combined with his thoughts about Sunjata, he should have been furious about the pairing. Yet, all he could muster was a distant nod, his lower lip slightly puckered as he looked within himself for a reason to care. Finding none at all, he instead nodded toward Jack and Phoebe. "You know, that might actually do her some good." He said in a low voice.
I'll stay here with you
Until this dream is gone