liar lover
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake
Owner of The Hanged Man / Queen of Torchline

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 30 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 34 - Int: 1
SPICE - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 3059
i could be the reason you can't sleep at night
Doing anything during midday was a bad idea during LongHeat, but that was more or less precisely Flora's reasoning for heading out during the hottest part of the day. She figured that most of the really predatory and murdery things on the island would be asleep, making it all the easier for her to sneak up on them. That, or if this turned out to be a terrible idea perhaps they'd be too sun-snoozy to bother chasing her too much.

Either way.

Having flirted her way into borrowing a small dingy and then further flirted her way into having someone row it for her, Flora arrived on the little island without having broken a sweat yet. With a large sunhat to protect her face from the worst of the heat and massive sunglasses to cut down the glare, the Doubletake stepped onto the island that was rumoured to actually be a sentient thing without much concern. She had her compass with her if things went truly tits up, after all.
the Maverick
Theocrat of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 35 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3061
I used to hold your haunted neck; I know I'll miss you if I close my eyes
In this heat, Flora is correct; most predatory and murdery things on the island are asleep. And those that are not are either, like the Doubletake, coming to explore in the relative quiet... or hunting them. She'll get a good distance into the strange, pale expanse of bone and crimson flora before a crunching sound begins to echo in the distance. Curious, though, that it seems to occur almost rhythmically, and a fraction of a second after every one of her footsteps.

She might get a hint of iron on the breeze or a strange, alien sense of not being alone, when all at once the crunching simply stops. And a mere metre or two behind the Doubletake, an impatient monster has his dark gaze fixed over her shoulder. "Don't move," Danta purrs, his voice little more than a soft rumble under his breath. It would be wrong to say that there's no sense in his eyes, because he's absolutely present and accounted for.

He's just busy, and there's no time to settle his human mask back in place lest his prey escape.
Dantalion
Horns: Diamond - they look very similar to #2 in this image.
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Having inherited none of her father's predatory instincts but all of his reckless confidence, Flora moved through this strange alien biome with hardly more than a second thought. Of the thoughts she did have, many were around whether or not Mateo might find the things she was passing by interesting or not, whether any of this would be useful for her guild or tavern, and if just maybe she should have invited someone like Jack along. So much was she wrapped up in the hum of her own thoughts that the rhythmic crunching went entirely unnoticed. It was only when the serpentine whisper of Danta's voice snaked through the heat that it occurred to Flora that perhaps she should have taken more precautions.

Straightening suddenly, her shoulders pulling together as her chin rose, Flora set down one of her feet which had been in midstep. "And why not?" She wonders, her fingers reaching toward her invisibility ring. "If you're back there with my mother..."
the Maverick

Age: 35 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
"No, not today," Danta purrs, sidling forward until he's almost pressed up against her back, even if his eyes are still pinned on something in the collection of bone and leaves. "You are being hunted," he informs her; it's not by him, if that's what you're thinking. Stretching an arm out towards the dense foliage just out of Flora's direct eyeline, if she looks close she might just see a flash of green and purple rosettes in movement, or the twitch of whiskers in the undergrowth.

"Tide jaguar," Danta murmurs. "I learned their name just the other day. Unless you want to be eaten, or you want to fight me for it, I'd get out of the way." Because who else but an Ancient in his bloodlust would willingly put himself in the pathway of a fellow predator, right?
Dantalion
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
Rolling her eyes, because what a line, Flora is nearly in the process of turning to fix Danta with her most skeptical and charming gaze, when the movement of his arm stops her. "Wh-" But then she sees it; the flash of purple amidst the green, the glint of black behind a swath of gold. Though her lips part to say something more, her hands have instinctively reached for the ancient, clutching around his midsection as if he might suddenly sprout wings to fly them both to safety.

"Fight you? Wh-" Deciding it best not to argue, Flora's groping fingers soften and opt to engage her invisibility ring as she slides to the side. "What are you going to do?" She whispers, aqua eyes pinned on the place she'd recently seen the large cat with such intensity that the world began to swim and pulse making it impossible for her really to focus on much of anything.
the Maverick

Change author:
While, ordinarily, Danta would have welcomed the touch from any pretty woman - and if it isn't obvious, he's not at all fussed by the whole mother-daughter thing - today is markedly different. It's almost as though the Ancient is here but still somehow far away, and as Flora gropes about his middle, he's in the process of trying to guide her out of the way when she kindly pulls her disappearing act.

As for what he's going to do, Danta barely has time to say, "Eat," when the tide jaguar (presumably bamboozled and upset by its vanishing prey) makes its move and leaps from the undergrowth.

The collision between man and feline is quick and violent, and although by all rights the jaguar is sleek and equipped to kill and maim with ease, no one seems to have informed Danta. With none of the inhibition that might have made him slow or unnecessarily cautious, the Ancient will come out of the scuffle with more than one deep cut along his chest and shoulders, but he'll also have a dead tide jaguar at his feet.

And if Flora is still there, that's her problem, because he proceeds to show that his fangs aren't just sexy accessories, falling upon the big cat and tearing into its fur to get to the flesh beneath.
Dantalion
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
Invisible as she is, the comical widening of Flora's eyes and mouth into perfect Os goes thankfully unseen, as does the way she nearly trips over her own feet at the presence of the large cat. The mewling sound she makes in the back of her throat absolutely doesn't though, nor the way she nearly begins to hyperventilate as Danta does his own disappearing act of sorts before her, going from man to blur of limbs and fangs.

"Are you-" She begins to ask before Danta is on his knees astride the cat and eating it. Deciding she'd have much preferred the ancient to have been between her mother's thighs (Hotaru might be her mother, but the woman was a sight to behold), the girl begins to shake her head before backing away.

Another thought has her pausing though, and, given that she's invisible and presumably out of harm's way, she opts to slink forward a few steps to watch. Was he really eating it raw? Was he eating all of it?

Did it turn him on?
the Maverick

Change author:
The answers to those questions are, in order, yes, no, and sort of. Having torn through the pelt of the jaguar, by the time Danta sits back from it he's nothing short of a mess, mouth and throat bathed crimson, his bare chest beneath his coat very much the same (the only difference being, of course, that it's from his blood). If Flora wants to look look, she'll notice that he's flayed away a fair bit of muscle and sinew to consume, as well as cracking through ribs to devour the jaguar's heart.

Hearing little more than the rush of his own pulse in his ears, it's a further minute or so before the Ancient seems to come back to himself, rolling his shoulders and stretching mightily, still astride the carcass of the jaguar. Everything about him screams that's better, and it's an almost docile monster that glances around, just remembering that Flora had been there a moment or two ago.
Dantalion
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
Biting at her lower lip as she watches, Flora has convinced herself that Danta is going to strip his clothes off after this and fuck the poor dead creature. It isn't something she particularly wants to see, but she sort of wants to know if it's going to happen, such that she's absolutely still within the ancient's vicinity as he...finishes?

Frowning, and not altruistic enough to be bothered by the fact that her guildmate had seemingly wounded himself in his efforts, Flora clears her throat slightly before slipping off the ring and appearing a few feet (or however far she needed to be in order to be out of the splash zone) ahead of Danta. "Well, there goes my suggestion of us going swimming." She says with a laugh, aiming to show just how utterly cool she was about the monstrous act she'd just witnessed. "Y'know, because no swimming right after eating?"
the Maverick

Change author:
Glancing around at the flash of movement, Danta's smile is filled with its usual pomp and charm, and he lets out a deep sigh that's as content as it is lamenting. "I suppose we'll have to occupy our time here with something else for a bit, then," he says, rising to his feet over the jaguar and gazing down at it, tilting his head. "Shame," he says. "They really are beautiful, close up."

Nodding at the half stripped pelt, not to mention the claws and fangs and other potential valuables on the creature, Danta glances to his guildmistress (and ooh, he likes that) questioningly. "Anything worth taking from it?" he wants to know. "What are you doing out here, anyway?"
Dantalion
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
Taking a step forward though doing her best not to get near enough to Danta that the blood still beading off of him might transfer on to her, Flora folds her arms across her chest and peers down at the thing. "Huh. My brother's friend has that shift." She murmurs, tilting her head. "If it had been an attuned..." Decided that the question wasn't worth finishing, Flora just pulls in a breath and shrugs.

"Well, those aren't really the cleanest cuts you've made." She says, nodding at the jagged tears across the feline's pelt. 'But I bet my mom wouldn't turn down a pair of mittens made from it." Flora adds, her words holding no small amount of bite amidst the playfulness. Quite what she thinks about the show her mother and Danta had put on the dance floor, was confusing even to Flora.

'I have to find something poisonous to stab.' She answers. "Is that poisonous?' Nodding toward the Jaguar, Flora's grin suddenly turns a touch menacing. "Are you?"
the Maverick

Change author:
"Then I wouldn't know." Danta finishes her sentence far too cheerfully, shrugging his shoulders. "Besides, it was hunting you while I was hunting it, so unless your brother's friend was trying to murder you, I think we're good." Nudging the jaguar's carcass with the toe of his boot, the Ancient tilts his head. "I think Attuned turn back when they fall unconscious, anyways," he adds, though for whose benefit is questionable. (Spoiler alert: he doesn't care, so it's not his own).

"Oh? Then I suppose I will be making her some mittens," he murmurs, taking a knife from his boot to strip whatever salvageable parts of the pelt that he can. "Do I detect a hint of a hidden opinion there?" he wonders, grinning at the bite he can hear in her voice. "What's wrong, worried you'll have to call me daddy?"

As for stabbings and poison, Danta tilts his had. "Guess we'll find out in an hour or so," he says, of whether the jaguar was poisonous. "Afraid I'm not, though. Bet there are scorpions here you could find, though."
Dantalion
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
"Me?" Flora wonders naively. "Why me? I'm not..." She gestures around as if expecting a wild flock of chickens to suddenly appear that she might make her point. "..like, part of its diet."

Given that Flora seemed to like older men (#DaddyIssues) and that her mother was objectively quite the MILF around Torchline, it should be no surprise at all to anyone with half a brain that at some point there would be a bit of overlap. Flora wasn't even ignorant of this possibility, she just hadn't been expecting it so soon. "Ewwwwwuh." She sneers, as if this might take Danta down a peg or three, before she raises an eyebrow somewhat challengingly and her tone becomes sickly sweet. "Given your performance last time, I think you'd be more of a dad." Flora continues. "One of those socks with sandals, types."

Grinning, the Doubletake glances around as if expecting a scorpion to just..appear. Given how few of her quests she'd actually completed prior to this, it was honestly a wonder she was attempting this at all. "What do scorpions even like?" She wonders, eyes narrowed at the foliage.
the Maverick

Change author:
"Pretty sure they don't much care if you're part of their diet. You must have looked like an easy kill." Danta bobs his eyebrows at her, because they both ought to know by now that he's being a shit for the sake of it. "Either that or it was starving. Didn't seem all that skinny, though." He should know, given that he's covered in its blood and picking bits of it out of his teeth.

As for his performance last time, he haughtily straightens up and hauls the (arguably gorgeous) pelt over his shoulder, before stepping up to walk with Flora. "I'll ask your mother what she prefers to call me," he decides with a smile that bares fangs, nudging his hip against the Doubletake's as he walks past.

He approaches a cluster of rocks that are warm to the touch in the dappled sunlight, nodding for Flora to go ahead and investigate if she wants to. "They eat insects, snakes sometimes I bet. Even each other. They like to hide in places like this."
Dantalion