let there be cosmos
For Safrin
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 9824
We're lost in the space between
who we are and all that we're trying to be

The days spun like clockwork and then not at all with other sporadic necessities; and the Sword had grown accustomed again to putting the Halo, the citizens, the guild, and his loved ones foremost. But the message conveyed to him meant he’d been remiss in not just tending to his own existence, but a favored deity’s as well. Perhaps another evaluation (or workaholic intervention) was in order; but he rounded along to the familiar lines of the shrine by the Citadel first.

Following a path he knew well, he snagged at the item made, created, and concocted for her; an elaborate hairpiece, comb embossed and embedded with starlit hues and colors; reflections of a sky close to the mountains. Placing it amongst the many other offerings, Deimos bowed his head, with a deep, residual rumble to follow. “Safrin, my apologies in taking so long.” Uncertain as to her reasoning behind the motive of messages through the courier, he could only reflect upon the amount of time in between visits, partaking almost in an inward grimace. Considering how often he thought being left alone a favorable thing, he had to wonder if the heralds didn’t feel the same way. “I trust you are well?”

DEIMOS
Stop trying to show how to save our souls
It takes dying to know
How to live as ghosts

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
every bait and switch was a work of art
What lingering chill has found its way into the corners of the Citadel is instantly banished as starlight fills up the room. The candles which had been lit do not waver or wink out with the rush of celestial warmth, but instead pulse brighter and brighter still, as if having been replaced by pinpoints of starlight themselves. Covered in lace and with a smile on her perfectly painted lips, Safrin appears in a dulcet plume of lavender smoke.

"Deimos," She says warmly, and though with her other followers she might instantly have swept them into a hug, with the Sword she merely raises her gaze to meet his own and offers him an endearing smile. "It has been far too long." She adds by way of agreeing, before gesturing for him to come closer.

"Tell me, how have things been in Halo?"
you're the one prize i'd cheat to win
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:

The chill was traded for starlight, pervading and surrounding the room, and he unfurled a long, slow breath at the essence of it. Standing taut and straight, he followed the pinpoints of celestial embodiment until his gaze landed firmly on Safrin, and he returned her warm smile.

He managed to summon another inhalation at her accord and agreement, brow arching slightly, pondering if she was waiting for the reasoning – but it would come out in the following inquiry and speech. “Busy,” first and foremost, with a wry grin settling along the corner of his mouth. “But active and thriving,” given over with a note of pride in his voice – content with how the land had prospered since the war.

DEIMOS
It takes dying to know
How to live as ghosts

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Eyebrows raised as if Deimos might add a touch more than that, the goddess can only chuckle under her breath and roll her eyes endearingly. "I suppose having little to say only proves that things are going well, mmm?" She replies, one eye nearly closing in a wink before she laughs and shakes her head.

"I had a thought...I know you're finishing up on some business for Frey-" Safrin would not, of course, say anything more about her fellow herald given how little she thought of her counterpart. "-but I thought when that was finished perhaps you might call upon my services for Halo." Turning toward Deimos, chin lifted and her smile friendly, the goddess shrugs as if this was merely a casual request. "So much of Halo remains dark during the colder months, perhaps we could do something about that. Out in the Tundra we could create small fires made of stars for any caught out in the vastness to take heat next to, or even constellations overhead so that none will ever be lost and unable to find their way back to the Citadel.."
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:

Safrin knew him better than that – the less Deimos could say, the better, in the Sword’s mind. For the cheeky, near wink, he gave a dimpled smile in response, and then tilted his head to listen to the goddess’s notions.

He found he was surprised at her wanting to be called upon – what with her avid dedication to Torchline – but perhaps he shouldn’t have been. The herald was also renowned for seeking the attentions of many; but her touch hadn’t quite flickered over Halo, save for his or Sah’s conversations about her outlooks and alterations for their livelihoods. If there was something else behind the speculation, he didn’t say anything.

Instead, he appealed to the suggestions – for they were apt, and something the mountain region could easily make use of. “They are wonderful and promising ideas. I can bring them back to our council, though I do not see why they would refuse.” His eyes flickered along the Citadel walls, before resting upon her again, mind already beginning to contort over the facets of stars across the tundra plains. “Did you need anything else from me?”

DEIMOS
It takes dying to know
How to live as ghosts

Change author:
'Are you in such a hurry to leave?' Safrin wonders, though of course she knew Deimos better. 'Only to mention that the possibility of becoming a demigod is still open to you. Given how far you've come already...your strength would be truly unmatched.' He knew the cost of course, pledging his love and fealty to her in a way which was without any doubt, but surely the benefits outweighed any potential downsides.

Not that Safrin saw any, of course.

"Bear it in mind." She murmurs with a gentle shake of her head to suggest that he needn't answer now. "I shall look for you when your work with Frey is finished, mmmm?" So saying Safrin glides forward, clasping her hands against Deimos's broad shoulders and giving a gentle squeeze that he would feel as a pulse of starlight resonating within his bones.

~FIN