[se] I'm not here to learn
for Son!
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 1 - Strg: 62 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 63 - Luck: 62 - Int:
FANGORN - Mythical - Vampire Gourd SILA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Melita
yes, yes, I am wild
I am the wind that makes breathing hard
The sand under her feet was warm and a balm; a rush to her senses as she ran across its surface, calling after her dragon, and looking back over her shoulder for her vampire gourd. Spirited and rampant, chaotic and frenetic, mercurial and capricious, boundless and never quite undone; the Honeybee was a diligent force across the beach as they searched for their prey.

“Flush ‘em!” She called to Sila, and the little bronze beast persisted, gliding along the salty, sea breeze, as the birds above flashed their brilliant bills and fabulous feathers. In reality, she’d only wanted some of the plumage for her arrows; but since they’d been harassing (existing) her companion, it was only fair they’d be consumed too.

From there, she drew her bow, narrowing her sights upon the beasts – moving targets, a practice in precision.
I am the ocean and the battered shore
I will be the passion of thunder, a howl of fury
Soleil Lovi
Adv

Age: 20 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 2 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 2 - Int:
DIANA - Regular - Arctic Wolf
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667

Soleil
In your warmth the sun was put to shame
If you asked me to, I would still run to you
Soleil is also hunting today, if only because it’s cheaper and easier than trading in the markets. Given she has been exploring Torchline for a few days now and had already indulged in a shopping spree, she has been running a little low on tradable items. If she’s smart about it, and she usually is, she’ll be able to harvest the feathers and bones to restock her coin and use the meat for her dinner.

Unluckily, she is unknowingly stalking the same prey as someone else. It’s not unsurprising however - Soleil doesn’t know these lands nearly as well as Halo, has yet to determine which fields are owned versus which are open for hunting and stalking.

With her own bow drawn (her father had insisted she bring it on her adventures, which she’ll have to thank him for later) she has to resist the eternal animal instinct inside that has never waned in all her years living without fur and fangs that insist she break their necks with her teeth. As she is drawing back, another woman’s voice calls out and Sol instinctively bunkers down, not wanting a stray arrow to wound her if her movement draws the hunter’s eye.

She needn’t worry, because a dragon streaks past and sends the birds scattering into the sky in a blur of feathers. Cursing, Sol strikes a straggler down swiftly to loose her arrow, and then waits for the carnage to ensue from the other hunter and presumed safety to descends before she emerges from the brush in a cloud of curls and long brown legs. “Shit, sorry! Didn’t catch you from downwind.” Jogging closer she slings her bow comfortably over her shoulder and grins at the redhead. “You’ve got a crazy amount of talent! How long have you been shooting?” The gleam of her vivid amber eyes makes it clear she’s sincerely fawning, content to ignore the felled birds for a moment.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Age: 26 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Melita
yes, yes, I am wild
There were only a few indignant squawks before the beasts began to fall, one after the other. Some Sila caught in her maw, others Fangorn bobbled after, on promises of portions later, and the Cheshire grin enveloping her features only diminished for a ‘whoop’ of victory. Snagging her arrows back, she was immediately distracted by a rush from the bushes – hands instinctively returning to her weapon with a tight grasp –

Only to whip her head around and see it was a younger woman, rampaging from the void.

Blinking, brow arching, as if she was trying to figure out how the youth had been huddled up in there, all the restless entanglements flickered away the moment a compliment was extended to her. “Oh, thanks. Ummm, since I was pretty young,” and trying not to die in another land. “What about you?” her head motioning towards the weapon in the stranger’s hands – trying to parse through appearances, uncertain if she’d seen the girl before.
Soleil

Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by:
Change author:
MP: 0

Soleil
A bit of a storm of a person, Soleil is accustomed to taking people off guard, and doesn't seem to mind at all the way Melita fumbles and hesitates as the tension in her shoulders slightly dissipates. Sol could have anticipated such an answer, vagueness included, but she doesn't let it deter her from being a good conversationalist.

"Around nine I think? Training bows and the like." Close enough now, the young woman sticks her hand out with a sunny grin that reads excitement and mischief in equal measures. "I'm Soleil!" Tilting her head back at the birds on the ground without breaking eye contact, she adjusts her bow into a more comfortable position on her shoulder. "What were you hunting them for? I need some meat to trade, I've got my eye on this pack of firecrackers in the market personally." The twinkle only gleams brighter in her eyes. Exploding things in Halo is not uncommon given it had once been a mining town (before the cannibals) but there are far more fun things to blow up here. "Though we have different colored arrows so we shouldn't have to worry about mixing them up." Also known as, Soleil didn't want the other woman to assume she would try to sneak off with one of her rightful kills.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
Melita
yes, yes, I am wild
Ah well, the Honeybee had her beat by a couple of years, but only because of near death experiences and wretched hellholes for living arrangements. Realizing trauma and survival were not reasons for competition, the youth instead listened to the other - Soleil - as Fangorn and Sila swept along the birds, snagging them in efforts to ensure their meal in proper order too.

Her eyes flickered back and forth between companions and person, before settling on Soleil fully, once discussions began over trade and meat. “For my arrows, mostly, and meat,” for there was always room to make more, and she liked a dazzling array of colors as she lit up the void. A fraction of a smirk glimmered on her features though, the moment the firecrackers were mentioned. “I know a merchant who sells some massive ones.” For prime explosions and scary noises.

Anyway.

“All right. Show off then.” And she pointed towards the remainder of the flock, stupidly hovering nearby.
Soleil

Played by:
Change author:

Soleil
Her answer about using the hels for meat conflicts with what Hadama had told her, but Soleil merely puts it down to gossip or Mer tastebuds being different from landwalkers and moves on easily. Meat is meat, Soleil has never been picky. Besides, the notion of massive fireworks is far more intriguing, her golden eyes practically turning to slits with the force of her massive eager grin. "Can I convince you to share your dealer?" Because if it was Soleil she'd be keeping that hush hush. Then again, the girl hadn't even shared her own name yet, so maybe it really will be a challenge to weasel it out of her.

Maybe in a minute though, because Sol isn't one to back down from a challenge even if she's not much of a show-off. Winking and spinning away, Soleil blows a curl off her forehead and deftly slips an arrow from her quiver to nock it like second nature. A bit different from other stances, she squats low like a hunting dog, bow slightly angled to the side instead of drawn perfectly to her shoulder. Either way it seems to work for her, because the first arrow spears through a bird flawlessly, dropping it straight to the sand. The flock scatters into the sky again - though, still stupidly, not going far - and Soleil pulls another arrow in swift succession to knock a second bird out of the sky as it tries to beat gravity fast enough to avoid its fate. Straightening from her crouch, Soleil grins over her shoulder. "Think that's enough to retrieve them now?"
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
Melita
yes, yes, I am wild
“Of course,” came along with another Cheshire grin; nearly fanged in its expression, as if everyone should've been able to acquire large and loud explosives. “I’m Melita, by the way. This is Fangorn and Sila,” pointing to each companion respectfully. The gourd made a rumble and the dragon approached only the Honeybee with caution, though content with the latest sprawl of falling birds to be distracted and out of her residual shyness.

Then Soleil put on a show – a different approach Melita had yet to see from any archer. Studying the way the younger girl drew into a stance, she watched with vague curiosity, intending to see how the motions altered or changed depending on methods. They seemed effective, for no sooner had the arrow been unleashed did it spear and flail through the bird, and again, spiraling back upon the beach with a dull thud.

“Nice,” she murmured. “Where did you learn?” For the technique alone. Nodding her assent, she moved forward to snag and collect her own, while her companions did the same – especially Fangorn, the vines eagerly ready and willing. Making conversation, the Honeybee persisted. “Think I can make a nice trade for a charm setting too.”
Soleil

Played by:
Change author:

Soleil
Accustomed to being surrounded on nearly all sides by companions, Soleil shoots a toothy smile at both as they are named, committing each to memory as surely as Melita's own. They're an eclectic bunch, but she decides then and there that she likes them.

With her little moment in the sun complete, Soleil slings her bow over her shoulder and doesn't bother with the sand that clings to her bare legs. "My dad. We live in Halo but my brother and I lived here for a bit before he found us after the Voice's portal spit us out." Thus explaining in one easy go why her stance differs and why she's back in Torchline.

Trailing after Melita, she picks out her own kills based on the flocking made of ningo feathers and begins neatly pulling the arrows free, tying up the feet and attaching them to her belt. "A charm? Is it for Dygra's festival?" It has been the talk of the season, though Soleil has not done any of the requirements herself nor is she intent on going to the festival at the end of the season.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
Melita
yes, yes, I am wild
Snagging at all her kills and hoisting them into her palm by their feathers, before plucking out ones she’d like to keep, the insinuations between Soleil’s statements caught the Honeybee by surprise. “Oh. You’re another Outlander?” She hadn’t heard of many anymore, not the way they all used to tumble within Caido – some luckily coinciding with others of their own brethren, and many others alone and wary. She’d heard of the Voice tampering with how and why, and then of course, not being there any longer put the kibosh on the whole thing.

The upcoming entertainment was a whole other thing. “Yeah. Figured I’d go. Probably going to be some kind of fuckery though,” because most of the festivals were, and Melita had learned some amount. “I’ll show you where the fireworks dude is.” That way they could make their trades and maneuver about. Making a ‘follow me’ gesture with all her birds, and then the ensuing motion of companions doing much the same, Melita made her way towards the market in the distance.
Soleil

Played by:
Change author:

Soleil
'Another' tips her off in the same way, and Sol flicks her amber eyes Melita's way, equally surprised. In Halo in particular there are few Outlanders given most weren't accustomed to the climate, but the inner circle of her family and friends were all Outlanders. "Yeah, you too?" Flicking a curl out of her face, she quirks a small smile. "Dad was adamant we not age for years after all our friends did, so I guess I seem a little late to the party." And, despite her persistent joviality, she feels it. Left behind, solitary, still figuring all this shit out.

Giggling a little at the crudeness of her words, practically infatuated already with the cool older girl, Soleil slides into step beside her immediately the moment the offer is made. "Exactly why I don't want to go. Besides, I haven't met many people yet and not everyone is a social butterfly. I don't want to be stuck with a plate in my hand watching everyone pair off." She's extroverted enough to try, but it seems like a waste of energy to her.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
Melita
yes, yes, I am wild
At least they could make conversation as they walked, her bare feet pressing into the warm sand with all the air of comfort and embers, like she’d been there her entire life. “Yeah. There’s a couple of us still about.” Her uncle, Hotaru, and a few others registered in her mind – like Remi, Ronin, and such. The ones who’d survived and managed to gain some sort of foothold along this earth.

The whole aging thing rang a bell though, because she could distinctly remember Jude being much younger. “Did you go to a Frey shrine or something?” Considering her maturity level seemed capped at about age fourteen, the Honeybee had never given the notions much thought.

While Sila flew on ahead and Fangorn jumped and bobbed and bounded along her ankles, her head tilted vaguely, hands moving as she talked. “Oh, yeah, like the bar opening we had here. Gods, got there late and they’d already all pissed off.” Humming a little, unbothered by the exchange as they got closer and closer to the market, she shrugged. “There will always be more anyway.”
Soleil

Played by:
Change author:

Soleil
Soleil wonders if the others aren't about because they died or if they just fucked off and Melita didn't keep track of them. In Caido, both answers were incredibly common. Considering both are also a bit depressing, she doesn't bother asking.

"Yeah, I did. Had to be old enough to decide for myself first. I'm sure people disagree with it as much as others support it, but I was one of the few kids in Halo and it frankly sucked." She shrugs a brown shoulder loosely, unafraid to admit it. Halo was already smaller than most of the other regions despite its physical size so she'd been immensely lonely.

Enamored with the way Melita's hands and body move so expressively as she talks, Soleil snorts a laugh at her complaints, and then bites onto her tongue to prevent more lest she offend the girl. "I can only imagine it's worse with alcohol." She isn't interested in the stuff herself but she has seen the sort of idiocy it inspires in people. "But hey, next time just send me a letter or something and I'll be your wingman!" Who cares if they've known each other for all of an hour? Soleil would even do it for free, surely that must be enticing.
Melita Najya
the Honeybee

Change author:
Melita
yes, yes, I am wild
Giving nothing more to the Outlander tale, other than exchanging nuances that they were both of similar origin, her attention went to the speculation of shrine-aging. “Ah, gotcha.” There weren’t a shit ton of children here either, and the ones that had been, like Paige, Flora, or Enzo, had advanced quickly through the same process. Probably still meant they were all on the same maturity wavelengths as Melita anyway.

Entering the market and easily swerving her way through the crowds, she held her game aloft, and Sila alongside, so Soleil would be able to spot them, in case they became separated. Glancing back to ensure she hadn’t lost the youth, she persisted with a wrinkle to her nose. “Yeah,” as if she wasn’t a complete lunatic with liquor either. Soleil inspired a laugh though, as soon as she announced notions via a letter. “Sure.”

Agreements made, the Honeybee turned another corner, and proudly presented the fireworks kiosk nestled into a few others – inconspicuous – with a wave of her hands in ta-da formation. “Here we are!”
Soleil

Played by:
Change author:

Soleil
As they enter the market - quite busy given it's the middle of the day - Soleil appreciates Melita holding her game aloft so she has a good way to track her when people shove between them here and there. Luckily it's usually just someone being there and gone, not truly separating them for more than a moment and allowing their conversation to continue.

Whether or not the Honeybee will take her up on the offer, Soleil is glad to have made it. As they arrive at the merchant she brightens, hands propping on both hips as she gleefully takes in the array of stock. Only to slowly turn her head towards Melita, mischief shining out of every pore.

"Hey...wanna set them off together?" Soleil has a waistband full of trading material and a desire to see things go boom. She suspects Melita will be a wonderful partner in crime.

- Fin!