let me leave or let me love you
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 21 - Int:
TARAK - Mythical - Griffin (Fire Breath)
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
Sohalia
This is a gift, it comes with a price
Who is the lamb and who is the knife?
Sohalia sat at the edge of the hot springs, her legs tucked neatly beside her and her skirts fanned out just so. Today, she wore a pretty white blouse that bared her collarbones and a red skirt that fell to her ankles, and she wore her long blonde hair in waves down her back. She'd selected her outfit with a great deal more care than usual. While she'd never thought herself particularly vain, the effort she'd put into her appearance today was a testament to her excitement and eagerness to impress the young man she was meeting.

A few letters exchanged and here she was, at the Eye of the Storm, waiting for Koa. She'd arrived early, this being one of her favorite places in Stormbreak, for a little sketching. Just now, by the edge of the springs, she made a pretty picture, her hair tucked in front of a shoulder, baring the side of her neck; her head bowed over a journal with the slightest of frowns on her face as she concentrated on getting her proportions just so; her eyes flicking up every now and then to capture the details around her before trying to put them down on paper.

She hadn't meant to get so wrapped up in her drawing, but she was so focused on her work that she didn't notice the time, and she didn't hear when someone approached behind her.
Midas is king and he holds me so tight
And turns me to gold in the sunlight
Koa Carpenter
Dragoon

Age: 22 | Height: 6 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 28 - Int:
PIPSQUEAK - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: shark Offline
Change author:
MP: 2580

I always thought I might be bad
Now I'm sure that it's true

Our hero is ready to sweep a girl off her feet. He's armed with a picnic basket, flowers, a bottle of wine - everything you could ask for, plus a hundred-watt smile. He's dressed up, or attempted to, donning a short-sleeved linen shirt in salmon as well as some nicer-than-usual dark jeans, all of which is finished off with signature sunglasses pushed up in his hair. He's trying hard is what I'm saying, and it certainly shows. The boy cleans up well, if not often.

Though not nearly as well as her.

Though Koa sees Soh immediately, he waits to approach, content, for some number of passing heartbeats, to simply watch her work. Even from behind he finds her radiant, her blonde curls captivating as they cascade down her back, her slender shoulders pulled forward attentively, the shock of her red skirt pooling out like passion, like blood. It makes for a picture so beautiful he's loathe to interrupt it, and yet there is nothing that could possibly keep him away from her just now.

His attempt to sneak up on her is somewhat thwarted by Pip's excited trill, the dragon leaping from her companion to scurry into Sohalia's lap, blissfully uncaring at the havoc she may wreak on any art supplies. Koa's takes advantage to come up behind Sohalia, dropping to a knee behind her and reaching up to cover her eyes. "Hi," he murmurs playfully against a pale eardrum, his voice glittering with warm amusement, the smell of her already filling him with warmth. "Guess who?"

'cause I think you're so good
and I'm nothing like you
Koa
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Sohalia
Had it not been for Pip, Koa would likely have succeeded in scaring surprising Soh. As it was, she heard the trill of excitement just before the dragon appeared in her lap, pushing her hand across the page and leaving a smear of charcoal behind. Smiling ruefully, she was just about to turn around to look for Koa when a pair of hands closed over her eyes and a voice breathed a hello into her ear, raising goosebumps that ran down her spine.

Laughing softly, Soh reached up to grasp Koa's hands and pull them down, leaning her head back to rest on his shoulder so that she could meet his eyes. "Hi Koa," she murmured, her lips precariously close to his. For a moment she lingered there - happy to receive a kiss if it came, but not moving to initiate it herself, before she turned her attention to the dragon in her lap. "Hello, Pip," she giggled, releasing Koa's hands to scratch the dragon under the chin. Sure, she'd have to fix the drawing she'd been working on, but she really didn't mind. It wasn't one of her maps, anyway, about which she was meticulous. This had just been a drawing to pass the time.
Koa Carpenter
Dragoon

Age: 22 | Height: 6 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:

He doesn't kiss her, though he desperately wants to, but it feels like a little too much too soon. This is only their second date, after all, and Koa is content to bask in the anticipation as he gazes into silver eyes, a smile on his lips. "You look beautiful," the Dragoon informs her, sincerity warming his husky voice.

He lets his chin rest on her shoulder as she turns her attention back to Pip, who is gleefully accepting her scritches. Koa maneuvers to be more comfortable, sitting behind and to the side of Soh. One arm drapes on the girl's other shoulder; the other hand runs idly over her hand and wrist. "Were you waiting long?" he murmurs into the supple curve of her neck.

The drawings are strewn about beside them (thanks Pip), and Koa grabs one with his free hand, raising it up to inspect. "Wow- this is really good, Soh," the Dragoon says admiringly, copper eyes taking in the detail of the art. "Seriously, you have to stop being so incredible. It's getting hard to measure up," he adds, shoulder nudging playfully against her back.

and I'm nothing like you
Koa
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Change author:
Sohalia
He didn't kiss her, which left her both a little disappointed and a little relieved. On the one hand, she'd enjoyed kissing him the other night; on the other, her estimation of him as a gentleman rose as a result. "Thank you," she said shyly, smiling into his copper eyes. "You look great, too." Or, at least, the part of him that she could see.

With Koa joining her, his breath hot on her neck, Soh's stomach fluttered eagerly. Gods, but he was attractive. And sweet. And fun. She swallowed hard, taking a breath to regain her composure. "Not too long," she told him. "I wanted to do some sketching, so I came a little early on purpose." Her drawings, of course, were now scattered around her, and she reached to begin picking them up. Koa found one before she could grab it, but she didn't really mind; her artwork was her livelihood, after all, and it was one of the few things that she was truly confident in. "Thank you," she said proudly.

Then Koa was complimenting her again, and she blushed faintly. "I'd say you measure up just fine," she murmured, silver eyes meeting copper with the honesty of youthful naivete, not really aware of how her words could be taken. "Oh!" she exclaimed then, and began flipping through her drawings. "Before I forget, I have something for Pip!" She pulled out a sketch of the dragon, as lifelike as she could make it. Drawn from memory, it wasn't perfect but it was striking all the same, and she was pleased with how it had turned out. She tilted her journal to show it to the dragon. "What do you think?"
Koa Carpenter
Dragoon

Change author:

Just fine, or just foine, Sohalia? Don't worry Soh, Koa will never fail to take a compliment as a compliment, gracing her with a preening grin and planting a kiss below her ear, his right arm tightening fondly around her. With his left he continues to hold the picture, gazing at it with the admiration of one who grew up around artisans and lacks any lick of talent himself.

The promise of a present is very appealing to Pip, who immediately looks up from the pencil she's been chewing on, her long ears perked in eager anticipation. And though unable to hide her disappointment when the offered gift is not a treat, the little dragon is entranced enough by her likeness to quickly forget this slight. She rises on hind legs to investigate further, forepaws clasping Soh's fingers for balance as she investigates the art. "I think she likes it," Koa translates somewhat unnecessarily, for Pip's low purrs speak for themselves. "It's wonderful. We'll have to frame it, right, Pip?

"We have something for you, too,"
the boy adds, reaching behind him to grab the discarded basket and the flowers inside. "Nothing so great as a portrait, but..." He brings the boquet into view for her, all boyish smile and puppy-dog anticipation of having done good. "These were my Ma's favorites," Koa explains of the forget-me-nots. "She used to leave some by my bed, when she went on deployment. Said it was so I'd have sweet dreams of her."

He breaks away a sprig of blue blooms, tucking it tenderly behind Soh's ear. "Hopefully now you won't forget me when you're off on your adventures." He flashes what he hopes is his most charming grin.

and I'm nothing like you
Koa
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Change author:
Sohalia
Soh was rewarded with a grin and a kiss that sent a shiver down her spine as Koa's arm tightened around her. Her attention, however, was rapidly diverted to Pip, who seemed enamored with the drawing, rising up on her hind legs to inspect the image further. Soh laughed, stroking the dragon affectionately. For now, she gathered up the last of her drawings and closed them into her journal for safekeeping. Koa could have the dragon sketch later, when there was no chance of it getting folded or wrinkled or wet. They were sitting awfully close to the water, after all.

When Koa produced a bouquet of forget-me-nots, Soh gasped and took them. "Oh, Koa, they're beautiful! Thank you!" They meant even more when he explained their meaning, tucking a flower behind her ear and drawing a faint trace of pink to her cheeks. "How could I possibly forget you?" she asked with a shy smile. With all his charm, Koa was shaping up to be quite unforgettable, indeed.

"Speaking of adventures," she said, still admiring the bouquet. "What's this about you going to Torchline?"
Koa Carpenter
Dragoon

Change author:

"You might meet some dashing rogue who sweeps you off your feet." His fingers walk up her bare arm as he muses, tracing constellations between freckles. "Or a charming princeling, who woos you with his riches." He's teasing, but there's a little insecurity beneath it, something rarely found in Koa's countenance.

If only he knew how painfully accurate his prediction would turn out to be.

Koa shifts on the blanket beside her, stretching out like an oversized cat. "Oh, you know- we like to send Dragoons to other areas occasionally," he explains from his position on the ground, his head on crossed arms as he gazes toward the sky. "I've been trying to volunteer for a tour for ages, but I never had seniority." Truth be told, now that it's happening, Koa is nervous to be leaving home.

"You'll have to give me a list of places to check out." He's propped himself up an an elbow, his bright smile and warm eyes focused back on her. His shirt has bunched up over his waist, leaving a swath of dark hair on tantalizing display beneath the curve of his abs. Gratuitous? Maybe. Intentional? Eh, we'll leave that up to you to decide.

and I'm nothing like you
Koa
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Change author:
Sohalia
Even something as simple as his fingers walking up her arm sent a shiver down her spine and a flush to her cheeks, enjoying the casual touch as she wrinkled her nose at the thought of finding a dashing rogue or a charming princeling. She was hardly out in the wilderness looking for love, after all. She was much likely to find that closer to home. (Just... maybe not in Stormbreak, but don't tell Koa.)

Koa stretched out beside her, arms crossed behind his head, and Soh leaned back on one arm, her torso turned towards him so she could gaze down into his face. And if her gaze flickered appreciatively over the abs that were so conveniently on display, well, who could blame her?

"I visit Torchline quite often, actually," she told him. "It's nice there - all sunshine and beaches. The people are very different from ours. More..." What was the word she was looking for? "Outgoing? Relaxed?" At least from her experience, anyway, and they wore significantly fewer clothes. Suddenly, Soh tilted her head to one side, realizing that Koa might find someone in Torchline more appealing than her. "You might even like it better than Stormbreak," she said. You might like someone there better than you like me.

"Mostly, I'd say to check out the beaches. The Rainbow Road, the Miana Pool. There are supposed to be some nice bars, if that's more your thing, but I'm mostly out exploring the scenery."
Koa Carpenter
Dragoon

Change author:

"I hear they have some wild parties." Koa waggles his eyebrows teasingly, because if there's one thing he's pretty sure about, it's that Soh isn't one for ragers. "All night bonfires, naked dancing... things a good Dragoon would never involve himself with, of course." He nods seriously, but it's obvious he's joking. Koa is ready to go to the beach and get fucking lit.

But for liking it more than Stormbreak? This time his laugh is guileless, his boyish smile sincere. "Nah, I'm a Breaker Boy through and through." Letting his finger brush against hers, he adds, "Home is where the heart is and all that, right?" The touch is soft and warm as sunlight, rich with the promise of a potential he dares not quite acknowledge, yet.

Beaches and bars are a safer topic. "The Oerwoud is near there, isn't it? Your favorite." Koa smiles again, pleased with himself for remembering. "I'll have to check it out. When I'm not too busy working, of course. Anju has me on a tight schedule," he says with an exaggerated sigh.

But! "Ok - no more lying around." Koa sits up and pats his thighs, suddenly the picture of vigor and vim. "Picnic first, or swimming?" He knows which one he would choose. It'd be a terrible lie to say he hadn't spent much of the day thinking about Soh in a bathing suit, water sparkling against her pale skin. Koa may be playing at gentleman, but he's also still a boy.

and I'm nothing like you
Koa
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Change author:
Sohalia
Koa's assumption would be correct: Soh wasn't one for wild parties. Oh, sure, sometimes she might wonder what it would be like, but she'd never actually try it. She was destined to be a wallflower at parties, for no matter how bright and bubbly she was one-on-one, she was shy as could be when it came to being in the spotlight. Far from scaring her off, the ease with which Koa joked about Torchline's national pastime made him seem all the more worldly and experienced in Soh's eyes.

It also made her afraid that she could never live up to his expectations, but that was a different conversation.

As Koa's finger brushed against hers, Soh smiled into his eyes, entirely smitten and not even bothering to be coy about it. She was delighted when he remembered how much she liked the Oerwoud, and she laughed at his assertion that Anju was working him too hard. "I'll have to have a word with her," she teased. Anju was a friend, after all. "You deserve to have some fun."

And then Koa was sitting up, a sudden vigor radiating off him in waves. "Hmm... well, they say not to swim on a full stomach," she said seriously, though her eyes twinkled with uncharacteristic mischief. Then she gestured towards the hot springs. "After you." For all her bravado, though, she was suddenly terrified. Last time she'd gone swimming with someone, she'd just gone in a shirt and pants, too shy about her body to even dream about a bathing suit. But in preparation for a swim tonight, she'd gone out and bought one. It was just that the idea of essentially stripping down in front of someone - especially Koa - made her cheeks warm and her heart race.
Koa Carpenter
Dragoon

Change author:

"Oh please don't." Koa's eyes grow wide, some of the color draining from his cheeks at the prospect of what Anju might think, should Soh tell her he'd complained. "She'll make run the entirety of the Righteous Road in full armor, carrying Pip. She's done it before." And boy, had that been a sweaty day.

Koa perks up even further when Soh suggests they swim first, up on his feet even before she's finished the declaration. As both a soldier and a Hot Person Who Knows It, he has no qualms about his body, and thus wastes no time lifting his shirt to reveal the defined muscles underneath. Shoes come next, hastily kicked away, and then all that's left are his pants, and, yup, there they go, stripped away with utter nonchalance.

Don't worry though Sohalia, he had (frightfully short) swim trunks hiding underneath. They leave very little to the imagination, but at least they try.

He pauses at the edge of the water, turning back to Soh, as enthusiastic and eager as a puppy off the leash. "You coming?" he questions brightly, clearly ready to jump in. Back on the blanket, Pip gives the girl a plaintive look, as if to say Here, see what I have to deal with?

and I'm nothing like you
Koa
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Change author:
Sohalia
She really wasn't planning to speak with Anju, but Koa's reaction had her giggling in spite of his clear dismay. She sobered a little at the punishment that he described, but her eyes still twinkled with amusement. "I won't say a word," she promised solemnly.

And then it was time to swim, much to Soh's excitement (she loved swimming) and dismay (she did not love being mostly naked). As Koa stripped off his clothes, Soh glanced down, her cheeks aflame, but she couldn't help but peer up at him appreciatively. He really had no right to be that attractive.

Soh rose gracefully from the ground, smoothing her skirt, more nervous than she could ever remember having been before. With slightly trembling hands, she pulled off her shirt and stepped out of her skirt to reveal a simple, one-piece bathing suit of striped navy and white. The shopkeeper had praised the way that it clung to her curves, and Soh had believed her at the time, but now she just felt ridiculous. Maybe once she got in the water, and she wasn't so exposed, she'd feel better.

So she stepped up beside Koa with a nervous smile and jumped into the pool.
Koa Carpenter
Dragoon

Change author:

She's gorgeous. Koa does his best not to outright ogle - he was raised well, after all - but it's terribly hard, especially as she slips out of her skirt and reveals a bathing suit that hugs her curves in a way that makes him want to trace each line with his hands. "Wow," he says appreciatively, for once at lost for words. His expressive face tells the rest of the story: Sohalia, you look good.

His eyes stay on her as she draws near, brain working desperately to keep the focus above her clavicles. The slack-jawed look transmutes into a goofy grin, his expression buoyant as he readies for the plunge. "Do you want--" Koa begins, anticipating trepidation.

But nope, Sohalia surprises him by jumping right on in.

Koa's grin broadens and he follows close behind, launching himself in a "Cannonball!" designed to maximize his splash. The water is warm and pleasant, perfect temperature for an evening swim; below the surface he navigates with the easy grace of a shark, waiting to break the surface tension until he's right beside Soh.

When he does come up it is to sling his arms around her waist and pull her in close. Skin touches skin, the heat between them greater than that of the pool. "Caught you," he smiles, his warm eyes sparkling, thick hair plastered against his head. He looks her over, eagerly taking in the contours of her neck, the way the steam curls around her like clouds around the sun. "That means I get to kiss you now," the boy announces to his prize.

And he does.
and I'm nothing like you
Koa