[SE] Hard work [fin]
Eternum Galbatorix
Information Broker

Age: 21 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Ivar Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Eternum stood at the edge of the quarry, his gaze fixed on the raw, rocky terrain. In his heart stirred the anticipation of a new adventure.

"I hear these rocks hide treasures. Time to uncover them."

With a pickaxe in hand, Eternum ventured deeper into the quarry. His keen eyes scanned the rocks for any sign of the gems he sought.

"Rubies, gems of passion. It's time you saw daylight."

His strikes echoed through the quarry, a rhythm of determination and hope. Each swing of his pickaxe brought him closer to his quarry.

"There's a certain charm to hard work and discovery."
Sola Freyen
Socialite

Age: 19 | Height: 5' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 0 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Sabrina Offline
Change author:
Sola observed as Eternum stood at the precipice of the quarry, a gleam of anticipation bright in his eyes. His words echoed through the open space, laced with the thrill of an impending adventure.

"Some say these rocks conceal secrets, treasures waiting to be found," she commented, her gaze following his into the heart of the quarry. She had been surprised to see him here but alas, it was a small world.

As he ventured deeper, pickaxe swinging rhythmically, she admired his determination. Each strike on the rock seemed to echo his resolve, his intent to uncover the hidden beauty within the rough terrain.

"There is a certain allure to the mystery of discovery, isn't it?" Sola reflected, her voice carrying on the wind. "The fruits of hard labor often taste the sweetest."
Eternum Galbatorix
Information Broker

Age: 21 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Eternum's pickaxe dug into the heart of the quarry. His body echoed the rhythm of his work, his gaze set on the stone before him. He was unaware of Sola's arrival until she spoke.

"I had to pay an arm and a leg to make it over here. I better find some valuables or else I can’t afford a trip back home!"

His movements were unwavering. Every strike brought him closer to the gems hidden within the earth. Sweat trickled down his face, a testament to his relentless pursuit.

"Hard work has a charm of its own, doesn't it?"

Suddenly, his pickaxe hit something different. He withdrew it, revealing a rough stone sparkling with a deep red hue.

"Ah, the fruits of labor. Always worth the effort."
Sola Freyen
Socialite

Age: 19 | Height: 5' | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Change author:
At the quarry, Eternum's pickaxe struck rhythmically, his whole being echoing the steady pattern of his work. He was so engrossed in his labor, he didn't notice Sola's arrival until her voice broke his concentration.

"I've braved quite a journey to get here," she commented, eyeing the quarry. "Better find something valuable or I'm stranded!"

Despite the interruption, Eternum's rhythm didn't falter. His commitment to the task, the sweat on his brow, all attested to his determination.

"The charm of perseverance, indeed," she agreed, watching him strike the rock.

The moment his pickaxe hit something different, her attention snapped back to him. The revelation of a raw gemstone caused her eyes to light up.

"I wonder what one has to do to refine such a gem. It doesn’t look all that appealing as is,” she commented, admiring the rough gemstone.
Eternum Galbatorix
Information Broker

Change author:
The quarry echoed with the rhythm of Eternum's work. Sola's voice broke through his concentration once more.

"Sounds like we both went through a lot to get here. It’s so freaking hot too. I just want to get this over with as quickly as possible."

Despite the interruption, Eternum continued his work, pickaxe striking rock with unwavering determination. His pickaxe struck something strange again. He pulled back, revealing a raw, deep red gemstone. He looked at Sola, a spark of triumph in his gaze.

"Now this is something isn’t it? I’ll mine a few more of these and I’m getting out of the heat!"
Sola Freyen
Socialite

Change author:
"I came all this way and now I'm melting," she grumbled, mopping her brow with the back of her hand. Sola's complaints about the heat, her words punctuated by a sigh. She didn’t feel like doing much labor in the heat but she had little choice now did she? She was already here!

When Eternum revealed another deep red gemstone, his triumph mirrored in his gaze, Sola couldn't help but feel a bit of jealousy. "Alright, enough is enough," she declared, snatching a pickaxe. "I didn't come all this way to watch you have all the fun. Let's see what these rocks have in store for me!"
Eternum Galbatorix
Information Broker

Change author:
Eternum braved the oppressive heat of the quarry, his determination stronger than the scorching conditions. With each rhythmic swing of his pickaxe, he delved deeper into the quarry's secrets. When another gemstone revealed itself, he marveled at its potential.

"Just a few more and I’m out of here I swear it. Say, whoever mines the most before quitting is the winner eh?"

He figured he might as well add in a little competitiveness to liven things up. He didn’t really are if he won or not but the fact that there was something on the line made him work a little faster.
Sola Freyen
Socialite

Change author:
The intense heat of the quarry stood as a formidable adversary as she slaved away with the pickaxe. Sola heard his challenge of a mining competition. Her heart caught on to the prospect of livening up the arduous task, turning it into an engaging contest. Gripping her pickaxe tighter, she called back, "You're on! The one to uncover the most gems wins!" She already felt the rhythm of competition stirring her, driving her to plunge her pickaxe into the yielding earth with renewed vigor. She felt like she would be the first to quit though, given she was a woman.
Eternum Galbatorix
Information Broker

Change author:
Eternum perked up at Sola's acceptance of his challenge, her enthusiastic response sparking a competitive flame within him. A grin tugged at his lips as he watched her muster her strength for the task at hand.

"Let's see what the earth has in store for us!"

Eternum's comment filled the air, stirring a wave of determination within him. His muscles tightened, the cool metal of the pickaxe firm in his grasp.

Yet, a glance at Sola gave him pause. He noticed the sweat glistening on her brow, the strain in her movements. He knew well the strength mining required even after doing it for a very short time.

"Sola, remember to pace yourself. This isn't about who finishes first, but who unearths the most gems."
Sola Freyen
Socialite

Change author:
Sola gave a half-hearted laugh at his warning. "I appreciate the concern," she said, wiping the sweat from her brow with the back of her hand. She'd already been exerting more effort than usual, but she was not about to give up that easily. This was a challenge, after all, and she was not one to back down easily.

"But don't worry about me. I've faced far tougher tasks than this. Mining in a quarry isn't exactly the hardest thing in the world you know," she added with a wry smile. This was her way of saying she wouldn't be quitting anytime soon.

"Anyway, it's not just about unearthing the most gems. It's about finding the right ones," Sola pointed out, her gaze on the rocky terrain in front of them. "The ones that will tell a story worth remembering."
Eternum Galbatorix
Information Broker

Change author:
Eternum admired Sola’s determination and resilience, her statement ringing with a familiar spirit that he shared. He gave her a lopsided smile.

“I’ve no doubt about that, your enthusiasm is admirable. But remember, there’s a fine line between bravery and recklessness.”

His tone was light, filled with an unmistakable hint of respect. He had mined just about as much as he was willing to with his muscles. One had to also remember that they had to transport the gems out and he was not the strongest of fellows. He wrapped the gemstones in a thick sack he’d brought along.

“I think I’m about done here.”
Sola Freyen
Socialite

Change author:
Her muscles ached and her clothes were coated in dust and sweat, but in her hands were tangible, beautiful evidence of her labor. She felt a gratifying satisfaction surge within her. Still, there was only so much physical exertion she could handle.

"I think I've mined enough for today," she announced, slightly out of breath. Her eyes glanced towards Eternum, catching his sympathetic smile. He too seemed ready to wrap things up.

"Come on, then," she beckoned, turning towards the quarry's entrance. Despite the discomfort, there was a sense of accomplishment she couldn't deny, and it painted a proud smile on her face. Cradling the gems closer to her chest, she made her way back, leaving the hard, punishing terrain of the quarry behind, for now.
Eternum Galbatorix
Information Broker

Change author:
Seeing that Sola was done, Eternum figured he would be done too. He was surprised she’d made it this long.

"You did well today. Here, let me help you carry those."

His eyes met hers with sincerity, allaying any fears she might have.

"Don't worry, I won't steal them. I've got my own set of gems to care for."

As they walked towards the quarry's entrance, he couldn't help but look back at the site of their fruitful work, a small sense of relief building up. Today had been a rewarding experience in more ways than one. And he was glad to have had someone to share it with.