To transport some wood
Eternum Galbatorix
Information Broker

Age: 21 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Ivar Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Eternum listened as Deimos explained the use of the skyport. It solved the problem of getting someplace but travel was only part of the issue. He’d need money to buy food and shelter as well. Perhaps he could afford it if he did the math… he’d have to check after Deimos left.

"True, I’m full of excuses as you’ve probably realized."

Eternum chuckled then took a thoughtful sip of his tea. The warmth of the beverage felt soothing, a pleasant contrast to the chill outside.

"Trying to reach? What kind of difficulties do you face?"

Eternum didn’t often get to talk to someone who actually did exciting stuff so he was all ears.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
DEIMOS
And in your darkest hour,
I hold secrets flame
Deimos wasn’t one for multitudes of excuses, but he’d certainly heard many of them in his multiple lifetimes. Usually from fellow constituents, looking to avoid some manner of labor, training, or if the parameters were difficult. “If you truly want to do something, you will find a way.” He shrugged, sipping at his tea again, waiting for a rebuttal. There were few notions that probably wouldn’t fit the bill – but traversing likely wasn’t one of them. “Do you have somewhere you wanted to go?” Torchline was usually warm enough that one could lay out on the sand overnight – with the only worries being the local pickpockets.

The Warden wouldn’t be detailing all his difficulties, so he snorted, head tilting vaguely. “Responsibilities, duties, time.” Between roles of leading Halo and his guild, there was always something to do, projects to fulfill, and people to instruct. “So I travel when I get the opportunity.”
master of nothing place;
of recoil and grace
Eternum Galbatorix
Information Broker

Age: 21 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Eternum chuckled lightly at Deimos' straightforwardness. He knew he was right there's always another assignment, another piece of information to gather.

At the question, Eternum's eyes took on a faraway look.

"I've always dreamed of going to a warm beach somewhere. To feel the sand beneath my feet, the sun on my skin, and not have to wear layers upon layers of clothing. I don't even know if I'd enjoy it, honestly, but... it would be a nice change of pace."

He listened as Deimos listed his own hindrances, nodding understandingly.

"I suppose that's life. Speaking of travel, where’s the favorite place you’ve been that’s not Halo?"
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
I hold secrets flame
Torchline offered what Halo couldn’t – at least, in the wake of warmth and ocean tides. The mountains held their own beaches – though blackened, icy, and not what anyone would recommend for swimming. “Would not hurt to try,” and he shrugged, half a grin still marked on his face, wondering how many Halovians managed to meander their way down to the sea each year on promises of vacations.

As for his own favored places, he nearly said Sea of Glass, or the hot springs curling in plumes along their Fangs. But it had to be outside of the summits and their winter ranges, so he muffled a laugh. “In the Greatwood, there is a place called the Stone Symphony. There are little pockets of the river where you can dive. See goldfish."
master of nothing place;
of recoil and grace
Eternum Galbatorix
Information Broker

Change author:
Eternum listened as Deimos described the Stone Symphony, and couldn't help but feel a sense of wanderlust. He'd only heard stories of the Greatwood and its enchanting beauty. The thought of diving into a river, surrounded by nature's symphony, it was enticing.

"That sounds incredible. Seeing that must be quite the experience. One I'd definitely like to have someday, if I ever learn to swim. Is there even a good way to learn around here without freezing to death?"

The thought of swimming in this weather made him cold at the thought. He took another sip of his tea, appreciating the comforting warmth spreading through him.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
I hold secrets flame
Deimos couldn’t help but snort at the connotations; for this hadn’t been the first time he’d heard the inquiry. Several others, including Evie, had initiated the question because there simply weren’t opportunities around Halo, or even elsewhere, without some level of threat. But nowadays there was a clearer answer than hoping for a notion towards Torchline. “You could learn in the hot springs we just put in the Fangs.” He jutted his jawline in the direction out of the Citadel, winding towards the open-air caves.

The warmth of the water ensured no one would freeze, and if they kept their towels and clothing nearby as soon as they left, it’d be much less of an issue. “They should be shallow enough to practice in.” From there, they'd be able to converse until time ensured the Sword was needed back at his own duties.

{FIN}
master of nothing place;
of recoil and grace