chained to my thoughts again
For Phoebe <3
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
Phoebe took his arm, not one to turn down an act of chivalry. With her free hand she pointed out all the various things the Greatwood had to offer. It was idle, but welcome chatter she thought.

Seeing his cheeks redden another time made her laugh lightly. "You get embarrassed easily, don't you?" she said with a grin. As they reached the Bodega, she found them a nice spot by the river to sit and chat. A server came over and took their order - white wine for her. "Oh, I am sure you do now. But whiskey is an acquired taste." she said.

"So what else do you enjoy doing, in your spare time?" she asked with a tilt of her head.
You thought you'd watch me fade away
When you broke me into pieces
But I gave I gave each piece a name
Liam Dawson

Age: 32 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 2 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
Oh, how I've tried to get you out of my head
And I lie broken in words I said
It was nice to stroll the streets of the Greatwood with a pretty woman on his arm, learning about the strange new region in which he found himself. He marked points of interest on his mental map as they walked, chatting with Phoebe and asking all manner of questions about the Greatwood and its inhabitants.

As to whether he was embarrassed easily, he reddened further and cleared his throat before answering. "I, uh, I guess so?" he muttered, reaching up a hand to rub the back of his neck. It had always been easy to make Liam blush, and he felt suddenly sure that Phoebe was going to be the type to take advantage of that fact.

They took a seat at a nice little spot by the river, and he had to admire the scenery as they waited for their drink orders. "Honestly, I didn't have much free time until I resigned from the Dragoons. I worked, and I trained. " Especially after his family had died. "It's probably cliche, but I enjoy training, especially running." He paused thoughtfully. "I enjoy playing chess, sometimes." Though even that was a tainted memory now; he'd just begun teaching his daughter to play before the attack on Stormbreak.
Never thought I'd walk on this street again
Standing where it all began
Liam
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
PHOEBE
Phoebe grinned and laughed outright as his blush deepened. "I know I am a demigoddess of Frey, but surely I can't embarrass you that much." she said, still giggling. If he thought she was embarrassing now, just wait until he got to know her better and the types of topics she was willing to discuss openly.

She took a sip of her drink as she listened to him, unsurprised that his hobbies were work related. It seemed a norm for men of his profession. But he did admit to playing a game every so often. "I've never played. It is a war strategy game, right?" she said, knowing very little about chess itself. But maybe he would teach her - she was always open to learning something new!
Liam Dawson

Age: 32 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
"It's not you, it's just -" Gods, why was he so flustered? "It's me," he finished lamely, looking at her sheepishly. It wasn't that she was embarrassing, but rather that he blushed easily - something that had always amused his late wife. Maybe that was why he was so flustered - it had reminded him of her.

But when talk turned to chess, he smiled. "That's right, it's all about strategy. My father taught me to play when I was young, and I used to play with my family. It's been a while, though - it's hard to play without a partner. If you're ever interested, I could teach you, if you want?"
Liam
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
"It's just...you." She repeated lamely, a smirk on her lips as though to tease him. She sipped her drink and laughed. "It's an endearing trait. Just be careful around Frey. If anyone will make you blush it is them." she said with a grin. But he was from Stormbreak, a very devout place. He probably already knew that.

As far as learning chess, she tilted her head. "Strategy you say? Well it couldn't hurt to learn." she said with a smile. "So consider me your Greatwood chess partner." she said. Not that she knew what she was signing up for. This game could be insanely complicated and boring for all she knew. But if it helped new residents feel more at home, she would do so.
Liam Dawson

Change author:
”So I hear,” he responded wryly. He’d never had the pleasure of meeting any of the gods, but he’d heard plenty about them. ”I’ve never met them. What are they like?” he asked of Frey. He knew they they had two aspects, of course, and he knew what aspect he’d choose to visit, if only to save face and avoid embarrassment. But he had to admit to some curiosity, as well.

As for chess, he smiled. "You don't have to do that, but if you really want to, then I look forward to it," he said. It was kind of Phoebe to not only welcome him into his new home, but to seemingly take him under her wing in helping him to settle in. "And what about you? Do you have any hobbies?"
Liam
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
It was a question she received often from people - what was Frey like. Few had spent as much time with them as she had after all. "Frey likes offerings, specifically fruit. I always bring peaches." she said with a small smile. "They are very direct and appreciate directness. Get to your point quickly, but politely. Their nature aspect is beautiful and ethereal, the world around them pulsing with their presence. Their sexual aspect is, well, raunchy. But they never take what isn't offered willingly, so there is no need to fear them." she said, taking a sip of her drink.

As for chess - "I'm happy to learn. Though I am sure I will be a push over of a partner to start." she said with a light laugh. "I haven't had much time for hobbies as of late. But I have always enjoyed reading." she said with a smile. "The Undercroft here is a wonderful library. I particularly enjoy the tomes from the Fae perspective. Their view of the gods and the world is very unique."
Liam Dawson

Change author:
Phoebe spoke of Frey easily, as though she had spent plenty of time with the deity - which, Liam supposed, she must have, to be their demigoddess. It was strange to hear them spoken of as easily as one might describe a normal person. He knew of the gods, of course, but he'd yet to build a relationship with any of them, and they still seemed distant and grand to his imaginings. "Thank you," he said. "I will keep that in mind - about the fruit." Peaches seemed fitting, at least for the sexual aspect of Frey.

As for Phoebe's hobbies, Liam listened attentively. He kept more books at home than he'd found time to read. Perhaps that would change, in this new lifestyle he'd selected. "Sounds fascinating," he said, meaning it wholeheartedly. "If you have any recommendations, I would love to hear them. I've not made time to read recently, but perhaps that will change now."
Liam
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Phoebe smiled warmly as he said he'd remember her advice. She hoped to make visits easier for Frey, knowing the deity had very specific preferences. Though it did surprise her that someone from Stormbreak didn't already know these things. Then again, with Liam's propensity for blushing, Frey may have simply not been on their mind to visit. Perhaps she had changed that.

"Oh there are several I could recommend." she said with a grin. Then she began to list them off, some history tomes, some deity guides and observations, others more research oriented into the vastness of the Greatwood.

And thus the night carried on with good humor and chatter, drawing closed at a late hour. Phoebe felt very positive about it all, thinking Liam a perfect new addition to the Greatwood community.

{FIN}