Personal Quest court in a tree
Open!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe
the nightingale
The nightingale appear'd the first
And as her melody she sang
The Nightingale had put out a call for help once again. This time it was within the village proper though. Standing outside a structure built into a great tree, she waited for any who might show up. The building had been created by Fae magic and sat vacant. She didn't know what it used to house, but it was perfect for her needs.

Outside also sat cleaning supplies, a large round table with chairs, and a few windows. This was the final step towards bringing some order to the Greatwood - a formal place for a government to reside. It made her equally excited and terrified.

Now she just had to hope people showed up.

Open PQ setting up a government building for the Greatwood! Come give Pheebs a hand!

1. Liam
2. Sohalia
The apple into blossom burst
To life the grass and violets sprang
Liam Dawson

Age: 32 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 2 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
A machine where your heart once was
Slowly takes the place of you
Liam was not the sort to sit idly by when someone was in need - even less so when that someone had been kind enough to help him when he'd needed it. So when the call for aid came about, he was more than willing to help out. After all, what else did he have to do now to occupy his time?

He really needed to find a job. Or a hobby. Or friends. Anything, really.

He arrived at the structure built into one of the massive trees of the Greatwood, dressed for a day of work in jeans and a sleeveless shirt. "Hello, Phoebe," he said with a smile. "Let me know what I can do."
Only hold the memories now
Of a love I thought I knew
Liam
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 21 - Int:
TARAK - Mythical - Griffin (Fire Breath)
Change author:
As Sohalia had promised, she had answered Phoebe's call when it came to setting up a base of operations for the burgeoning Greatwood government. It was a worthy pursuit, and one that she was happy to assist her friend - and her boyfriend's mother - with. She'd sent a note to Jude that she was planning to help, but she hadn't had a chance to wait for a reply. She wondered if he'd received her message in time to come and help.

When Soh arrived, there was already one other person there, a man she didn't recognize. That didn't stop her from an affectionate greeting. "Phoebe!" Soh squealed, rushing to hug her friend. "Just let me know what you need. I'm all yours till we get everything set up!"
When memories fade we've got each other
When time and confusion collide
Sohalia
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Phoebe
the nightingale
It seemed those who had heard her call had arrived. "Hello Liam, thanks for coming." she said with a warm smile. It was good to see a resident of the Greatwood show up. Upon seeing Sohalia, her smile widened and she hugged the girl back. "Thank you, I need all the help I can get." she said.

Then she looked at them both and clapped her hands. "Okay, first things first. The inside is pretty dirty so it needs to be cleaned. There are also a few windows in the back that need to be replaced." she said, listing the first priorities. "Then we need to find a way to get this table in there." she said, patting the piece of furniture.

All the supplies they would need could be found near or in the building.

Time to start! Pick your tasks!
Liam Dawson

Age: 32 | Height: 6'2" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Liam smiled back at Phoebe, then stepped back as she hugged a pretty girl who Liam didn't recognize. Another Greatwood resident, or just a friend of Phoebe's? He wasn't sure, but he was certain that if she lived around here, he would find out eventually. After all, there weren't that many residents, as far as he could tell, even if Phoebe had plans to change all of that.

Considering the tasks she listed off, Liam considered what might be best suited to his particular skillset. He was no expert, but he was fairly handy, and he felt that the most challenging task on the list was the replacement of the windows. So he rumbled, "I'll take the windows," as he gathered some tools and rambled into the building. It was rustic but charming, though dirty, as Phoebe had said; he found the broken windows without having to search too hard and set to work removing the old panes.

------

Liam chooses the windows and begins removing the old ones!
Liam
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
While Soh didn't recognize the man who had joined them, she wasn't particularly surprised given that she didn't live around here. She waved a polite hello and then turned her attention to Phoebe, who was listing off tasks to be completed. While she would normally choose to clean, the question of how to get the table inside presented an interesting puzzle. In its current configuration, it wouldn't just go inside through the front door. Bending to inspect the table, she found screws underneath holding the legs to the top; if she removed the legs and put them back on inside, it would be much easier to get the table inside.

"I'll take the table, if that's okay," she announced, going to the pile of supplies for a screwdriver. Then, with some effort, she carefully flipped the table so that it was upside down and began unscrewing the legs.

------

Soh chooses the table and begins taking it apart to get it in more easily!
Sohalia
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
the nightingale
It seemed her small crew was a group of go getters, setting to their tasks right away. Liam was working on the windows and Soh on the table. That left cleaning for her, so she set to it, grabbing a mop and bucket to scrub the wooden floors clean.

Liam would have no problem removing the windows - but he would struggle to hang onto them, dropping them on his big toes. Ouch!

Sohalia would encounter a slight problem. Some of the screws were stripped, making them impossible to unscrew as they were. Maybe she would find something amongst the tools and supplies to remedy this.

Go team go!
Liam Dawson

Change author:
Liam made quick work of his task, first removing the trim surrounding the windows before removing the window itself. While it was awkward to remove the windows on his own, he made do, carefully carrying the broken windows outside to get them out of the way. He picked up the new windows, one at a time, and brought them inside to their respective places, then took a brief moment to just enjoy the breeze from the openings where the windows would go.

Preparing the openings for the new windows was straightforward enough, but actually getting the windows in place was a great deal harder. As awkward as removing the old windows had been, replacing them was even more so with just one person. Before he discovered the best way to work, he'd dropped one of the windows on his foot, squashing his big toe. "Shit!" he cursed, both because it hurt like a bitch and because he was afraid he'd messed up the new window. The window, at least, was fine; his toe, on the other hand, throbbed painfully. However, he'd pushed through worse as a soldier in Stormbreak, and he wasn't about to let a stubbed toe get the better of him now, so he continued with his work hanging the new windows.

------

Liam curses his luck but continues hanging the windows!
Liam
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Change author:
Unscrewing the legs wasn't a particularly difficult task on its own, but Soh quickly discovered that some of the screws were stripped. Not particularly handy, she rocked back on her heels with a frustrated hum as she considered what to do next. She returned to the pile of tools and searched for a pair of pliers and a rubber band: if she could create enough traction on the screw heads, she could get them started, and once they were raised enough above the surface of the wood, she could use the pliers to get them the rest of the way out.

With this plan in mind, she set to her task, painstakingly holding the rubber band over the stripped screws to attempt to create enough traction and fill in the holes enough that she could unscrew them from the wood. If that worked, she would then use her pliers to twist the screws out the rest of the way, repeating the process until they were completely removed.

------

Soh tries the rubber band method of removing the stripped screws!
Sohalia
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
the nightingale
Phoebe heard Liam shout and went to investigate, bringing her mop and bucket of water with her. "Are you okay?" she asked with concern. Certainly something had happened for him to swear so loudly after all. But everything seemed okay so she continued to mop until Liam said otherwise.

Liam, with his now pronounced limp, wouldn't have further trouble with his task, the windows sliding into place easily.

Sohalia finds success with her method, each screw slowly but surely coming out. However, she is perhaps too successful, as one of the chair legs falls right towards her head.

Go team go!
Liam Dawson

Change author:
Liam's shout brought Phoebe running, and he looked at her with a measure of guilt and embarrassment. "I'm fine," he said. "Sorry - just dropped a window." He studiously ignored the pounding in his toe, shooting what he hoped was an encouraging smile towards Phoebe as she returned to her cleaning. Then he glared at the window, not wishing to look incompetent in front of his new friend and about-to-be-leader.

Hanging the windows went more smoothly after the whole dropping-one-on-his-toe mishap, and when he was done, he took a step back to admire his handiwork. They fit well with the other windows, blending in perfectly, if he did say so himself. He returned to Phoebe, trying not to limp. "Do you need any help cleaning?" he asked. "Or are there other tasks to be completed?"
Liam
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Change author:
Fortunately for Soh, the dice gods smiled upon her her method worked, and she smiled as screw after screw came out of the table. Unfortunately for Soh, her method seemed to work too well - or she wasn't paying enough attention. Either way, as she unscrewed one last screw, the table leg she was working on loosened, slipping from her grasp and falling right towards her head. With a squeak of dismay, Soh tried to dodge out of the way, but only succeeded partially: instead of falling on her head, the leg hit her shoulder and bounced off, landing on the ground with a thud.

"Ow," she said to herself ruefully, rubbing the spot where the table leg had hit. Still, it wasn't too terrible an injury, and in a few moments she was up again, preparing to move the table into the building. She would carry the legs and screws in first before picking up the round top and trying to roll it into the building.

------

Soh narrowly avoids hitting her head and begins to bring the table inside!
Sohalia
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe
the nightingale
Phoebe raised a brow at Liam. It had sounded like he was in pain, but maybe not. So she continued to mop. That was until Liam approached and she saw him limping. "What happened to your foot?" she said in concern. Apparently he had hurt himself. But his question had her glancing around. Sbe saw Sohalia bringing in table legs. "I am sure Soh will need help with the table." she said.

Then the Nightingale grabbed a rag and began washing windows.

Liam's attempts at deceiving Phoebe failed and he was caught. Maybe she could use her healing powers to fix his foot?

Sohalia the table legs prove no problem, but the table itself is far too big and heavy for a single person to lift on their own. Maybe someone can help you?

Go team go!
Liam Dawson

Change author:
Liam winced as his attempt to fool Phoebe failed, and he sighed. "I dropped the window on my foot," he admitted, then hastened to reassure her. "It's not a big deal. It'll be fine." Damned if he was going to give up on helping now, when things were going so well in their bid to prepare the building for Phoebe's leadership. Still, if Phoebe offered to heal it, he wasn't going to turn her down.

In any case, he made his way over to the girl struggling with the table. "Let me help with that," he offered, before taking one end of the table and lifting it, moving to carry it inside with the girl's help.

------

Liam tries to say his foot is fine (it's not). If Phoebe offers healing, he will accept, but otherwise, he goes to help Soh with the table.
Liam