you're here with me
For Ever <3
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 21 - Int:
TARAK - Mythical - Griffin (Fire Breath)
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
It's not losing it all, if we have each other
In the end it's all, in the end it's all that matters
Though the suggestion to speak to the people about why she thought allowing the Abandoned back into Stormbreak was a good one, it gave Soh pause all the same. It was more a gut feeling that she had than a series of logical thoughts, and she wasn't sure exactly how to put her feelings into words. She couldn't help but feel that anyone might have been better at this than her; she was quite insecure about her position as Heart, quite uncomfortable with the fact that people were now looking to her to guide the direction of Stormbreak. But if there was no one else, she was damned if she was going to let things continue and just hope for the best.

"I'll do my best," she promised Ever, offering the man a smile. "I think I will call a meeting. Introduce myself and our group, and solicit feedback from the people to see what they would like to focus on. There are other things to do, aside from allowing Abandoned into Stormbreak." She considered her ideas, sure that some of them were terrible, but hoping that others could be useful. "I thought about navigational lights around the Grotto and the underside of the city to help pilots avoid the rocks and roots. Or emergency beacons throughout the city, where people in trouble could alert the Dragoons that they need help. Or we could do something with the hot springs - the ones in Halo have healing properties. We could do something similar here.

"We also need to decide how we utilize our resources, though that, I think it more a decision for myself and the council, as is building a relationship with other regions..."
She trailed off, the magnitude of the tasks before her seeming suddenly overwhelming. "I guess... I want to be able to control the high level decisions, but when it comes to things that impact day to day life in Stormbreak, I was input from the people. To find a balance between the two."
If we take this chance, and it falls to pieces
In the end you're all, in the end you're all that matters
Sohalia
Everest Hart
Aviator

Age: 22 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 27 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 5 - Int: 0
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2759
Everest
Reaching again for his notebook to write down Sohalia's thoughts—the new Heart would quickly learn that this was merely part of how Everest interacted with the world, this constant record-keeping—he nods. They were all good ideas, but until asked Everest would keep his thoughts to himself about their order of importance. The aviator, who had thoughts about nearly everything, had learned long ago that unsolicited advice no matter how well-meant was often not well-received, and so he'd learned to simply keep quiet.

'That balance will be important.' Everest agrees. "All big decisions impact the day-to-day in some respects, just as small day-to-day decisions necessarily are related to big picture things.' This was probably where someone else might offer Sohalia a pat on the back or a hug, telling her that things would be okay and that she had support and though she'd inevitably make mistakes, in the long run everything would turn out alright. Everest did none of these things of course, but merely stared politely down at the corner of the desk.

"Is there anything else I can help you with right now?"
I've done the math, checked the facts
And there's no changing that
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 21 - Int:
TARAK - Mythical - Griffin (Fire Breath)
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
It's not losing it all, if we have each other
In the end it's all, in the end it's all that matters
With a variety of thoughts and ideas swirling around in her mind, Soh hadn't realized how much of a burden would seem to lift just from sharing them with someone else. While Everest may not have been the most comforting of her Council - she'd have gone to Lena for that - having someone with a level head listen and give advice was appreciated. He'd been very helpful to the overwhelmed young Heart, and she was glad to have him as a part of her team.

With her business for now seemingly concluded, Soh shook her head. "No, thank you. That was all for now. I appreciate your insights," Soh said warmly. It was nice to know that she could count on Ever. Not that she had doubted, exactly, but it was one thing to know that one was supported and another to know. "I'll let you get back to your organizing. Thank you." And with a word of goodbye, she did just that, sweeping from the room feeling lighter than she had in days.

-FIN-
If we take this chance, and it falls to pieces
In the end you're all, in the end you're all that matters
Sohalia