Twilight zone
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 10 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 49 - Endr: 51 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005

Despite the thick mist that covered this land, the stars above were easy to see. Noah made his way deep into the Frostfields, protected by his sentinel’s coat, on the back of Vi’dore. The unicorn’s massive, cloven hooves crunched into the snow beneath him and his breath came out in large, warm clouds that mimicked the puffs made form his bondmate’s breathing. Noah stroked the creature’s neck when they came to the place they needed to be. Sliding down from the unicorn’s back, Noah scratched his withers before taking the vial of dark, murky liquid from his chest pocket.

Taking the vial and placing it in the snow, Noah sent up a silent prayer to Safrin. It is here, my lady. He prayed over the mists and the chilled winds, his chin tilting towards the sky. His companion mirrored him, and together they gazed at the stars the glittered brilliantly above.

Noah Olson

cold in the violence after the war
hope is a fire to keep us warm
Eternum Galbatorix
Information Broker

Age: 21 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Ivar Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Stepping through the mist, Eternum caught sight of Noah. Recognizing him from the town meeting not too long ago. He lifted his hand in greeting.

"Hi"

He was trying to suppress the relief that washed over him upon seeing a familiar face. He had come out this far for some training and had somehow managed to lose his bearings, although he would never admit that.

Eternum approached him, observing the unicorn and the strange vial of liquid with curiosity.

"It's a bit out of the way here, isn't it? Mind if I stick around with you for a while?"

The company would be welcome, and he could possibly lend a hand with whatever Noah was doing. Plus, it would save him the embarrassment of admitting that he didn't know his way back.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:

If Noah’s ears weren’t keenly attuned to his surroundings, the youngling may have snuck up in him. Turning his head down towards the approacher, Noah greeted him with a nod. He didn’t know the young man by much more than affiliation with his family — with over a decade separating them — and he couldn’t even recall his name.

Vi’dore lowered his horned head and curled his neck around Noah to look at the stranger. His eyes were warm and kind.

”Of course.” Noah’s voice was even and calm, strong as the Fangs and steady as the glaciers. ”What brings you so far out from the Citadel at this time of night?” He asked, cocking his head some in a way that was more bear than it was man.

Noah Olson

Eternum Galbatorix
Information Broker

Age: 21 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
A sense of calm settled over Eternum as the older man spoke, his tone steady and soothing. He nodded in acknowledgment, meeting the gaze of the horned creature with a quiet awe.

"I was training my magic. I thought it would be a good idea but it wasn't."

His gaze flickered to the landscape around them. It was harsh and unforgiving out here and he was fully aware that this was probably not the best place for someone of his skill level to be training.

"What are you up to? I couldn’t tell through the mist and I can’t say I can tell now."

He let out a chuckle.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:

”That makes sense.” Noah said, giving an understanding nod. ”But there is ample room to train in the Academy, you know.” He was not sure if the young abandoned was a student of the Valkyrie’s or not. Perhaps if he wasn’t Noah’s words would give him a nudge towards seeking out tel Arcane Academy teachings.

Vi’dore snorted and turned his great head away. The unicorn scratched at the ground with cloven hooves until he unearth tundra grasses to nibble on. Noah’s hand idly raked through his mane. ”Oh, that.” Noah jutted his chin down towards the vial of ink dark water. ”I’m on a quest with Safrin. She told me to leave this out under the stars across different parts of Caido, and I wanted to start at home.”

Noah Olson

Eternum Galbatorix
Information Broker

Change author:
Eternum listened intently to Noah's words, his gaze landing on the vial of dark water as the man explained its purpose. He nodded in understanding.

"I've heard many good things about the Academy… I just... I'm not sure I'm ready to train around others yet. The idea of failing, or worse, causing an accident..."

He trailed off, a grimace crossing his features.

"I suppose that's a hurdle I need to overcome."

At the mention of Safrin's quest, Eternum perked up, his eyes lighting up with curiosity.

"That sounds important. If there's anything I can do to assist, just let me know. I’d be glad to contribute in any way I can."
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:

Noah understood how difficult magic could be to manage. He knew how devastating it could be when it wasn’t managed. He also knew how wonderful a thing it was, raw power and might and a closeness with the gods, when it was mastered and handled with skill. It all took practice, and time — something the Academy had in spades with Hotaru as the headmistress. She was a skilled teacher, and patient. At least with those that deserved it. ”What magic do you have?”

Noah cocked his head some and then gave the youngling a small smile. ”Well, I could give you a chance to practice your magic with someone and also help me in this quest.” Noah gestured vaguely at the black liquid vial. ”Safrin also said that I needed to duel someone who wanted to break the vial. Perhaps you’d be interested? I’d like to complete the first leg first, and take the vial to different lands, but then after…? Noah trailed off, waiting to see what the boy would say.

Noah Olson

Eternum Galbatorix
Information Broker

Change author:
"I have lightning magic. It’s very weak though."

There was a hint of embarrassment in his voice. He put a hand in the air and let sparkles form at his fingertips.

At the mention of a duel, he swallowed hard, anxiety crawling up his throat. But he knew that he would never improve if he didn't take risks.

"I'd like that. A duel sounds like good experience. But just to clarify, did you want to duel now or later?"

He didn't want to suddenly lunge at the vial and try to break it, fearing the possibility of misunderstanding the older man's intentions.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:

”The Head Mistress has lightning magic. She’s quite adept with it. I bet she has a lot of tips and tricks.” Noah offered the boy a hint of confidence. ”Later. Perhaps when the summer turns to autumn.” He responded in regards to the duel. Vi’dore wandered off and dug more tundra grasses from beneath the snow.

It was normal for Noah to be known before he knew who he was speaking with. Between his lifetime in Halo, his stints as Warden, and the touch of Vi upon him, there was little room for him to be a stranger in anyone’s mind. Unfortunately—or, rather, fortunately—others didn’t have that same recognition when it came to them in his mind. ”What’s your name?”

Noah Olson

Eternum Galbatorix
Information Broker

Change author:
Eternum's eyes lit up at the prospect of meeting the head mistress.

"That's reassuring. I think I could learn a lot from her. I'll definitely go see her soon."

Hearing the timeline for the duel, he breathed a sigh of relief. Autumn. It was something tangible to work towards.

"Autumn, then. I'll be ready."

He certainly hoped he would be. That gave him a whole season to prepare. Gods knew he needed it since he packed hardly any punch at all.

"Oh, my name is Eternum. And you're... Noah, right?"

He was one of the few prominent people from the town meeting that he’d remembered.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:

The Sentinel nodded, confirming his name as the youth uttered it. The hunter braved his hands on his hips and sucked his teeth. ”Other than practicing your magic, what’s a guy like you up to these days? Hunt much?” He only had a vague inclination of the boys family, even with the name given he wasn’t able to pinpoint them down in his mind.

The stars above them glinted despite the fog that hung low and blanketed the fields in thick swatches of gray. Every now and then, Noah caught a star reflection glinting off the glass bottle at his feet before the ink dark liquid absorbed all the light that touched it.

Noah Olson

Eternum Galbatorix
Information Broker

Change author:
Eternum nodded and watched the sparks fade away at his fingertips as he contemplated his response.

"I'm currently an information broker of sorts… mostly dealing in unimportant stuff if I’m honest. But it's my hope to use my magic for work as I become stronger. How about you? What do you do for fun outside of work?"

His attention was drawn to the vial that Noah had, his eyes widening in awe as the inky black substance within it seemed to absorb all the light.

"That's truly incredible. I suppose I should expect nothing less from a quest from Safrin."
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:

Interested in what Eternum had to say as soon as the words filled the space between them, Noah lifted his eyebrows. ”An information broker?” The Sentinel’s head tilted ina curious, bear-like fashion. ”How would you use lightning magic in such a trade?” His voice was light with the curiousity he had within him, but inwardly the hunter prickled. Did the boy intend to torture?

Features glazing over with ice as thick as the Sea of Glass once more, Noah decided to keep Eternum talking. Noah’s face, though now turned down to look at the ink dark vial, broke with a humored smile. ”Between being a father and husband, as well as an advisor to the WArdens there is little time for fun.” Glacier eyes moved up towards Eternum, and he chuckled, almost dismissively. ”But I like to hunt. It used to be my only livelihood.”

Noah turned his face and his eyes again from the boy to the vial. ”I asked Safrin for the ability to protect those that I love. Whatever she has cooked up for me, I believe this vial is important. If it didn’t matter, she wouldn’t have me tend to it.”

Noah Olson

Eternum Galbatorix
Information Broker

Change author:
Eternum nodded, understanding Noah's curiosity. He spoke with a shrug, sparks dancing briefly at his fingertips.

"That's the thing, my magic is... somewhat useless for my trade. My work is based on gathering and selling information. Lightning doesn't exactly help with that. I'm trying to make my magic stronger, to... branch out, I guess. Do something else. Like hunting, for instance, or really anything that lets me use my magic in a practical way."

Listening to Noah's goals and commitments, Eternum found himself respecting the man even more.

"That's quite a noble goal. Balancing all those roles and finding time to pursue your passion... it's commendable."

His gaze dropped to the vial, filled with its strange, light-absorbing liquid.

"I hope Safrin holds up their end of the deal."