resilience
For Noah
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
DEIMOS

Heading back to his home only briefly, for he had promises to keep, Deimos scrawled a note for Evie, in case she wondered what he’d gotten up to, before heading towards one of the spare rooms. From there, he snagged a bundle of things he’d created long before, when he’d heard particular announcements from both Sentinel and One Shot, and then grabbed a prepared meal too. Shrugging his shoulders over his wares, he headed right back out the door, and towards Noah and Cordelia’s domicile.

Excitement and contentment for his friends, for this had been a long time coming, sent his long strides sweeping across snow and ice, nodding at a few passersby, mentally rearranging a number of meetings in his head. Eventually, he wound his way towards the familiar door, lifting one hand to knock upon the aperture.
think about this
you have the ability to survive anything
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 10 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 49 - Endr: 51 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
NOAH

The knock at the door alerted Eira first. The griffin lifted her head off of her taloned feet. She pulsed across Noah’s mind, keeping her spot between the double sized crib. The twins were swaddled carefully inside, sleeping. Noah had been dozing all the same on the couch, Cordelia out for the day on a hunt. He was sure she felt good to be stretching her legs in her fox form, chasing ningos and arctic hares alike.

Noah choked on some saliva as he woke with surprise. He hadn’t realized he had fallen asleep, but his body must have taken advantage of its stillness as soon as the twins had been put down. Shuffling to his feet, he moved across to the door and opened it without hesitation. Deimos’ face met him and immediately sleep brushed itself from his eyes and his face broadened with a bright smile. ”Come in, come in.” He ushered, stepping to the side and closing hte door behind the Warden.

Noah couldn’t hesitate any more. He knew exactly why the warden was here. He had commanded invited the man to come. To see his precious gifts. Gesturing for Deimos to follow him, Noah stepped into a small second bedroom and pointed at the crib. They just fell asleep He informed over the attuned bond.
I'll follow you down through the eye of the storm

Don't worry I'll keep you warm
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS

An apology was already behind his teeth the moment Noah greeted him with a sleepy look – inwardly grimacing at the timing, and pondering over a hasty retreat back home. Sorry was a motion across the Attuned bond, regardless, as he was ushered in, and then he stood awkwardly off to the side for a moment, with his bundle of things. These are for all of you, he persisted and continued, insistent on not awakening tiny, fragile beings, and placing the bag by the door, for Noah to peruse later.

He followed, footsteps treading as lightly as a man his size would allow, before ceasing at the threshold of the room. I can come back another time, if this wasn’t a good one; though he couldn’t quite resist peeking around the corner, staring at the crib from a distance.
think about this
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
NOAH

Don’t worry. I steal any minute I can get. Of sleep, that was. The Sentinel gave Deimos a genuine smile and there was nothing to hide over the attuned bond — he meant everything he said. Thank you> He said as Deimos set down the bag of gifts and food at the entryway.

Eira lifted her beak some and clacked it lightly at Deimos, a purr vibrating her chest and the floor beneath her. She enjoyed the Sword’s presence, as the only other who could speak with her aside from the Sentinel. They sleep like rocks when they finally do. Noah took a few steps towards the crib and looked down at the twins, before his eyes made their way back to Deimos and beckoned him silently forward.

Cordelia is off on a hunt. She’s been itching to get out for days now, and finally felt good enough today. Noah predicted that Deimos understood that would be the only reason for the One Shot shrike to be apart from her babies.

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS

Thinking of Eira, he shifted slightly to his pockets, snagging at several treats always stored away for either his own companions, or any others he happened to come across. Opening his palm and crouching down so the griffin could access them easier, he listened to the Sentinel, striving to overcome that sudden rush of apprehension.

When there was a measure of reassurance, and Eira had finished her treat, he regained his stature and composure, still quietly stepping over thresholds. Peering down over the top of the crib, he stared at the youths nestled within – quiet, unassuming, and likely far more affable in their current state.

He wasn’t surprised by Cordelia being absent – she likely needed her breaks too. Do they give you much trouble? He’d reared Kiada when she was well beyond this age – newborns weren’t something he was overtly familiar with.
think about this
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
NOAH

Happy to nibble up her snacks and head back to her nap, Eira filled Noah’s mind with warmth. Noah took another step towards the twins and held on to the side of the crib. Cordelia more than me, as all of their frustrations and crying comes around food. He said.

Little whines filled the room as the men spoke over the attuned bond. Margot stirred some and Noah let his hand fall into the crib. His massive palm rested on her swaddled chest. She stirred again before settling in to the weight and warmth of his presence, small coos leaving her mouth. Marcus twitched at her side but did not stir in the same way.

You know, it took me months to build this crib. Even with getting all of the parts from the Westfalls already carved. There was humor behind his mental words, and a glint in his eye as he looked from the twins to Deimos. What took the hunter months would have only taken the warden mere minutes.

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS

The imminent whining made Deimos’ eyes widen – an initial apprehension and panic, wondering if it was his presence and if he should be continue backing out of the room once more. Noah didn’t kick him out though, and seemed to handle the situation with simple movements, so his gaze narrowed in careful perusal and study, before shrugging. The babies seemed fine all over again, settling back into their slumber.

He nearly asked how the Sentinel had known to do such actions – but then considered it was out of experience and prior efforts, figuring out what was efficient, suitable, or necessary for the youths. Persisting in pondering, the statement contorted through the Attuned bonds gave him somewhat of a pause – another wonder, if Noah seemed sheepish over the notions. While it was true that the Sword could likely create and hasten a crib to whoever’s liking within a matter of moments, the effort, the nuance behind the motions, mattered. Still makes it worth it.
think about this
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
NOAH

It was the only thing that gave me even a sense of the labor that Cordelia felt all those months. Noah smiled but shook his head some, knowing the effort he put into the crib was not even a shining glance at what Cordelia had managed to do. Noah was still amazing that she had created life within her, and continued to nurture life now with her body. It was a beautiful, wonderful, majestic sight to behold and be a part of — a glimpse at Vi himself.

Do you want to hold one? Noah’s eyes lifted to the Sword once more. Eira lifted her head curiously, large golden eyes fixed on the behemoth of a warden. Noah wasn’t sure if those strong, calloused hands had ever held an infant. There was always a first for everything, and if the warlord had not yet had such the privilege, Noah would give it to him. And teach him.

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS

Deimos arched a brow at the comment, striving not to laugh – for there was no possible way to compare the toil of creating a crib, to childbirth (much less two iterations). Presuming the Sentinel meant it as a joke, there was an inward chuckle, and a quiet shaking of his head, before the apprehension set in again.

Eyes widened once more at the inquiry, cranium snapping back in Noah’s direction. Did he want to hold one? The Sword’s hands had held a wide variety of armaments and loved ones, but never a very small, tiny, newborn child – and his gaze went back and forth from the slumbering youths to their father. And maybe with some residual fear lingering down his spine – uncertain if he’d hurt them. I would not want to disturb them.
think about this
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
NOAH

Don’t be silly. Noah said. He jutted his chin up and to the north side of the room, impressing upon Deimos to take a seat in one of the two rocking chairs there. He didn’t wait for Deimos to comply before he scooped up one of the twins. The boy. The infant didn’t stir much as Noah lifted him and brought him close to his chest. Closing the distance between him and Deimos, he instructed over the bond. Hold your arms in such a way that I can place him in the crook of your elbow. Then, he placed the infant down. This is Marcus. Noah said, a smile brightening his face in a reassuring way.

Turning back, Noah scooped up his daughter in much the same way. Unlike her brother, she did twist and moan as her father disturbed her. Noah shushed her lovingly and gently as he took a seat in the second rocking chair. He brought her up close to his chest so she could feel and hear his heartbeat. Once the warmth of her father and the thump of his heart overwhelmed her, she settled with gentle cooing sounds.

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS

Generals and warlords were not typically handed off newborns, and despite his silliness, Noah’s insinuations didn’t ease off the apprehension. Nor was he given much of a choice, glancing back at the rocking chair, and then to the Sentinel and infant, before there was suddenly a very tiny child in his arms.

He went very rigid immediately – spine a straight, unyielding line of bones as he tried to maneuver his elbow and arms correctly. Swallowing down every sense of hesitation, he unfurled another breath, watching Noah carefully, and then tried to mimic the motions.

Eventually taking his seat too, he curled Marcus tighter into his chest, grateful that he seemed incredibly undisturbed by all the movement. Like this?
think about this
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
NOAH

Marcus did not stir against the Resurrected Sword. Instead, he seemed to nuzzle closer in to the warmth provided for him despite being comfortably swaddled. A faint snore buzzed with each of the infant's quick breaths, and Noah smiled at Deimos. I think he likes you. He reassured his friend, his brother in arms, the man who had fought tooth and nail at his side and destroyed the threat of the Voice in this world. Here they were now, together, holding tiny, cooing babies.

Margot stirred after only finding comfort in her father's arms for a moment. Her nose wrinkled and her mouth opened. She rooted around on his henley shirt for a moment before she let her demand be heard. Food her cry echoed. It bounced and reverberated off the walls and crashed against the glass, frost-covered windows. Noah sucked in a breath and stood, bouncing and comforting and shushing his daughter.

He moved her from his chest to the crook of his elbow and offered the only thing he could, a makeshift pacifier in the form of his pinky. His daughter latched on, and there was a moment of helplessness as he looked back to Deimos, expecting to see a similar panic. Cordelia will be home soon. He knew that if she were anywhere close to hear that scream, that demand, she would come running.

Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS

Deimos was more than a bit grateful as the child seemed to fall deeper into sleep, beginning a snore that gave him a false sense of confidence. Thank you Marcus, he offered silently towards the infant, easing some semblance of relief in a long breath, figuring he could ease further back into the chair –

And then the other one started crying and the Sword was an unyielding thing again. Cradling Marcus closer (maybe he could block the noise), his eyes widened as he watched Noah strive to occupy the youth.

Which really meant one helpless look to the other, because the Warden wouldn’t have a single clue. Instead, he took it as some other signal. Oh – do you need me to leave?
think about this
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
NOAH

Although Noah had held himself together at the beginning of this visit, hoping to look like a father who had everything together and was more than just keeping his nose above water, the illusion was starting to crack at the edges. Despite the blooming pride, Noah's anxiety level increased. He couldn't focus on slowing it down or even closing it off from the attuned bond as he rocked and patted his daughter, offering her soothing sounds and words and kisses to the top of her peachy head. He mumbled and murmured soft cooings to her, but it didn't seem to be working. All the while, Marcus continued to rest easily in Deimos' embrace.

If you go, he might start this too. Noah said, flashing Deimos a near panicked expression at the idea of being left along to handle two crying and hungry infants. If you can handle the crying, please stay. There was a begging to the tone of Noah's words and a pleading in his eyes as he stared down the warden, bouncing and stepping to the left and right to keep Margot from screaming.