beach babes
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake
Owner of The Hanged Man / Queen of Torchline

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 32 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 34 - Int: 1
SPICE - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
flora

So, ever since Isla had mentioned that she'd have expected Remi to put some sort of failsafe or backup plan or whatever into the removal of his memories of Isla, Flora had been thinking. Maybe scheming was a better word for it, but really, who cares?

Wanting to soak up the last few remaining warm midnights before Torchline started to cool off, it was well past the Doubletake's bedtime when she strolled toward Safrin's beach-front shrine. With her toes bare and trailing through the bioluminescent glow on the shoreline, she'd brought with her two glasses and a bottle of her best gin as an offering.

"Hey girl," She said as if hailing an old friend. Sitting cross-legged on the sand and smoothing out a place to rest the glasses and the bottle, she filled both before looking up into the cosmic brightness overhead. "I have a little...something to run by you."
The rumors are terrible and cruel
But honey, most of them are true
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
it's fine to fake it 'till you make it
The stars above seem to brighten causing their reflected light in the water to pulse with each lap of the waves. Formed from sea foam and ocean spray, Safrin materializes before the Doubletake with an amused if not slightly sharp smile upon her lips. 'Oh do you now?' With children of her own, hundreds of them in fact and most having gone through the teenage stage at some point or another, Safrin is not ignorant of this particular phase of youthful development. Still, the tightness of her smile suggests that Flora should tread carefully.

'Well, will you keep me in suspense, or shall I pluck the information out of your mind?'
'till you do. 'till it's true.
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
flora

Rolling her eyes playfully as if the admonishment had come from a friend rather than the herald of Vi herself, Flora sits slightly straighter before offering up the glass of gin to Safrin. "Okay so," She murmured, trying to get right to the point. "I want a way for Remi to remember Isla. I met her at the tavern opening and she's so nice and it sounds like my dad was an absolute jackass about it, so..." The Doubletake shrugs, tilting her chin up toward the goddess with her mind fully open should Safrin want a further explanation.

"I'm not going to let him know it's from me either, so...if it could be some sort of liquid to drink, or like..." Realizing that was her only suggestion, Flora shrugs and takes a sip of her gin. "..well, whatever you think."

And there it was. The start of Flora's idea for Caido's version of the Parent Trap.

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
it's fine to fake it 'till you make it
Safrin's expression is a precise and perfect mask even as the galactic cogs of her mind turn. The goddess' dislike of the Lullaby has never been something she'd bothered to hide such that the deity can't help but wonder if the Doubletake is aware of the potential pain her quest might cause her father. Why else would she think that Safrin would be willing to help...?

"I do not like being used." Safrin warns, standing tall and ignoring the offered drink. " But I do like the way you think." She adds, the barest hint of a smile parting her lips. If Remi was to remember Isla, and if that were to force some distance in his marriage whether by design or happenstance...well. Perhaps Ronin might turn to her once again in those times of loneliness...?

"Here is what you need..."

Flora must:

1. Bring an Echo Shark
2. Collect Blushberries
3. Collect a dream cactus
4. Bring melted memory snow
5. Bring bits of both Isla and Remi.
'till you do. 'till it's true.
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
flora

Trying not to flinch, Flora lowers her eyes - and the offered glass of gin - and simply nods. "Understood." She murmurs, voice soft and appropriately chastised. Perhaps next time she would simply set it out before the goddess rather than trying to simply cut to the chase. As an accepted and Ronin's adopted daughter, Flora was aware that her luck would only go so far, and apparently she was nearer to the end of that particular tether than she'd realized.

'Thank you, Safrin. I'll be quick.' So saying, the Doubletake gathers up the glasses (after downing each, the bite of the gin certainly helping her nerves), before offering the goddess a last smile. "I really appreciate it."

~FIN