{se} It's off to work we go
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9707
Evie

Mining had sounded dreadfully dull, but it was a necessity for the approaching festival and Evie already has an idea for a pendant necklace with wire wrapping around the stone so it simply must be done.

That doesn't mean she has to do it alone. Recruiting her beloved had taken a bit of wheedling, but given the volcanic region is close to Halo they both knew it wouldn't keep them away too terribly long. Micah remains at home, though deeply against his will. While he'd impressed visually that he was okay with heat and humidity due to being from Torchline, Evie had heard none of it because the Climb in summer was simply another beast. Admittedly she does miss him terribly though, which makes her all the more inclined to get this done quickly and go home.

Already using her earth magic shamelessly to find the ore deposits like a radar system, she marches ahead with her pickax despite doubting she'll actually use it. "I don't know why we have to do this in Longheat of all seasons," she gripes towards Deimos, uncharacteristically ruffled.
if this love does not call itself a wildfire
then I don't want it at all
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
DEIMOS

Despite his intense dislike of the desert, the Climb didn’t hold the same level of abhorrence for the Sword. He presumed, perhaps, it was due to his penchant for fire, the flames and embers chasing through his veins. Or other multitudes of memories firmly defiant against anything loathsome. He’d already been here several times over the season, either for guild work, mining, or other curiosities taking hold when he had a moment’s notice.

Already pulling his hair away from his neck in its residual, makeshift bun, he strode behind the Evergreen slightly, piercing eyes flickering over the surroundings, before grinning at her disgruntled state. Peeling back the sleeves of his tunic to roll them well past his forearms, he arched a brow, earth incantations already searching for the inevitable too. “Could be worse,” like Hak Etme, or the Feverlands. “Not every task can coincide with a vacation,” and he snickered, anticipating some kind of grumpy response.
think about this
you have the ability to survive anything
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Evie

His amusement is to be expected, and luckily doesn't add too much fuel to the flames of her irritation. Times like these - few though they may be given her normal easygoing attitude - remnants of the young woman she once was shine through in the stomping, pouting, huffing ways she displays her grumpiness. Normally she'd be rather embarrassed to show it so blatantly, but it's clear Deimos merely finds it amusing that the tables have turned. Plus it's not like he hasn't seen her in all manner of mood and circumstance.

She pauses momentarily in her disgruntled pacing as he rolls up his sleeves, ogling him shamelessly before moving on. She's owed it okay? This sucks.

"They should, because we get so few of them," she retorts with a huff, turning her head to the west when her magic trips over something more compact than rock. Wandering closer and frowning as she tries to estimate whether it's the grouped-together natural of rubies, her eyes attempt to spot any external signs that might prove the dig won't be too much of a pain. No luck - of course. "Can I sweeten you into helping so we can grab the whole chunk and leave?" Surely he would help regardless, but asking means she can give him puppy eyes from over her shoulder.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS

Completely unbothered by her attitude towards the caverns and heated wake, his long strides eventually carried him beside her, and then past, turning and rounding a corner with insouciant ease. With an arch of his brow, he caught her ogling, and gave an impish, boyish smile, before ignoring that for later purposes.

“Maybe next season,” he added ambiguously, though they probably both knew better, especially given their platitudes towards work. Then his eyes roamed again, pinpointing on one section of the wall – narrowing, pondering, estimating. The inquiry thereafter left him snorting, a pretense following through on a forced drop of his jaw, as if shocked and bewildered. “I thought my company was enough.” Though he couldn’t recall an instance where he didn’t help, but teasing and taunting was never too far out of the realm for him.

Another pace taken, earthen wares and incantations pulsed, pondering. “Rubies or obsidian?”
think about this
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Change author:
Evie

He catches her staring, but Evie merely simpers at him, absolutely shameless and unrepentant. If he didn't want her to stare, he shouldn't look so handsome and do things like go around baring his skin unprompted.

Of course she can't do anything about it, which only fuels her petulant mood. It's a temporary thing though, as Deimos' dramatics make her lips twitch helplessly as she tries to fight her laughter only to fail seconds later. He never fails to brighten her whenever he's around. "It is, but I'd rather have your company at home." Surely he wants to return as well, so maybe if she just dangles it...

"Rubies. I don't have a need for anything metallic. I was thinking of making a ruby pendant with wire wrapping on a leather cord." Simple, classy, and with a similar aesthetic to Evie's freckles and fiery hair once the copper wire and crimson stones were combined. Using her magic first, she begins to crack and crumble the top layer, not wanting to sweat in the oppressive heat and make herself more miserable by utilizing the pickax.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS

Ignoring the next round of temptations, maybe he’d save it for home, he pressed his lips into a muffled form of a cheeky grin, and then proceeded to glance and study at her performance. The ruby necessity didn’t surprise him, what with matching designations, but the simplicity of her plans did – perhaps, given it was for a festival, she wasn’t going to bother with extremes. Incapable of refraining from the teasing, and because she likely knew he was going to help regardless, his rumble persisted, coming to stand alongside her, glancing down and at the top of her crimson locks. “What do I get if I assist?”

He arched a brow at the pickax, waiting for her to struggle a little more because he thought it was funny, and he could do his own silent ogling, before his earthen enchantments began to unfurl. One by one, the portions of rock started to become undone, carefully, to ensure nothing else came toppling down around them; bits and pieces of shining layers and lacquer nestled in between.
think about this
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Change author:
Evie

She can feel him ogling in return, though she isn't sure what's so enticing about her plain tanktop and bared, freckled arms. Then again she finds every inch of him attractive, so maybe that's the entire point. "I'll make dinner, do the dishes, and go down on you if you can make this short and sweet," she bluntly offers, though her ears are a little pink in ways the heat can't explain away; ironic, considering she's not shy about how diverting she finds him.

Layering their magic together feels wholly unlike the lesson Hotaru had enforced between Evie and Hadama. Whether it's the shared element or their history, it feels like she knows exactly what section he intends to move next, and her magic merely molds to fill in the gaps. It's distractingly harmonious. And clearly lucrative given she can soon see the dull shine of color that signifies unpolished gems. "We don't need the whole lot, or carrying it would be a pain." And so she uses her magic to pry the top part away from the rest, finding all the holes and gaps of stone and soil to cleave it in two.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS

He practically choked on air at the bluntness, but then it turned into a rumbling echo of a laugh, until it pummeled off the walls. He wasn’t going to deny any of those. “Deal. I will even fly you home.”

Control and mastery ensured quick snagging, grasping, and sectioning of the cavern exterior – and the Sword easily molded and melded into the finite threads and strands of the layered pieces. While she pried top portions away, he went back to tending the barrier and partitions, so the portions looked as though they’d never been taken in the first place. Strengthened and honed, stalwart and dependable.

With the combination of both incantations, no time was wasted; his brow arched as promise of colors snagged from below the surface. Fiery highlights justified their means to an end; and likely far more than what she required. “I can carry it, regardless, if you want to use it for something else later.”
think about this
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Change author:
Evie

The forthrightness was clearly successful, especially if they can fly home and arrive even faster. It's not like she was sacrificing very much anyway; with Deimos' hair in a messy bun and arms on display she's feeling particularly excited about fulfilling her end of the bargain. "Deal!"

The section of rubies pops free anticlimactically, and Evie is about to segment it again when Deimos offers to carry it. She isn't quite sure what she'll use them for, but it would always be nice to trade, even if the merchants will surely be overrun with rubies and obsidian after this season. "Let's do that then. Thank you, love." Bending to pick up the chunk of rubies, she hands it to Deimos and then grabs him by the arm, ready to leave post-haste. "Now come on, let's get back. No time to waste, right?" And she winks - just for good measure.

- Fin! ;)