throwback tears
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
and my heart ran away with me
Few hawks found hunting at this altitude worth their while given how easily they could become a snack for much larger winged inhabitants, such that the piercing cry leaving Remi's throat just now should be enough to draw Ronin's attention. If not, the Lullaby also pulsed the Attuned equivalent of turning up the volume on old shitty speakers until they crackled. The mental sound was one of frosty annoyance made musical only by the travelling tongue; one didn't need to be a fluent speaker to parse the agitation clear in the silent tirade.

Pausing only to drop the flowers by the bank of the waterfall, Remi tugs his shirt over his head and throws it carelessly into the grass before plodding in. Shifting his lower half so that his suckered limbs could affix him to the rocks lest the rising water carry him away, Remi lets the reverse flow of the water try and drum out all thoughts of Isla.

Maybe if he was quite clever about it, he could convince Ludo to strip all memories of himself from Isla and be done with this annoying mess.
remi
Styling stolen from Sky (obviously)
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
run away and take me with you
Both the trill of the hawk and the tirade of Attuned thoughts and feelings that go swarming overhead are enough to draw Ronin from his focus. He'd been out felling trees in readiness for Leafchange and the cool weather to come, but with a swift strike, he leaves Emmett's axe buried in a nearby trunk and makes his way out towards the waterfall.

The sound of the hawk on its own wouldn't be enough to cause alarm, but his husband's mood practically causes the skies to darken all around (in the Nova's opinion, anyway), and as he passes a bouquet of squashed flowers, both his confusion and his concern grow. "Remi?" he calls into the waterfall, unlacing and kicking off his boots and drawing his shirt over his head. "Everything okay?"

Shedding his clothes - and hissing in a deep breath as the waterfall reaches for him with freezing fingers - he ducks into the upside down torrent to look for the Lullaby.
don't let go, i need your rescue

RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
For a moment the only response from the Lullaby is the sort of moody inarticulate moans you might expect to hear from someone protesting getting out of bed. Following that comes a decidedly sulky no at the same time as a tentacle slithers out toward Ronin where it wraps itself around the other man's ankle to keep him from being sucked up into the air by the current.

With his head down and the waterfall blasting his skin with frothy and frosty fingers, Remi tries to let all the aggravation he felt slip away. The only trouble with being a demigod of such resolute constitution was the fact that you could stand beneath an icy blast of water and still have the mental resources to be upset.

I ran into Isla again. Remi says after a moment once it becomes clear that he won't be able to drown his thoughts. Never have I really understood women, but I certainly do not understand this women. He adds, his words coloured by bitterness and annoyance both. I am very seriously starting to think about asking Ludo to remove her memories of me at this point.
remi
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Unable to help himself, a soft smile does curl at the corners of Ronin's lips despite the other man's sulkiness and annoyance. Appreciating the tentacle curling around his ankle, he lets the current carry him just enough to bring him level with the parts of Remi that are still human, reaching out to cup his cheeks and draw him into a soaking wet kiss. Any sound they make will be drowned out by the drum of the waterfall, and he'll have to stop kissing the Lullaby besides, so he also resorts to the Attuned bond.

I'm sorry you keep running into her, he says sweetly into the other man's thoughts. And usually I would be all for an idea like that, but I remember it being very important to you that someone was able to carry those old memories. Sending an apologetic pulse through the bond, Ronin is nonetheless happy to bear the brunt of Remi's bad mood. Is there anything I can do?

RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Ronin's lips are blissfully warm amidst the chill of the falls, and though Remi's annoyance is not yet ready to let go, still the alchemist find himself softening by degrees. Whoever thought the Supernova's powers were all Safrin-given had never seen him calm the Lullaby with just a touch. Well, I have been wrong a time or two in the past. The alchemist thinks in response as if this is some sort of admission on his part. So perhaps I was wrong about this.

Curling his arms around Ronin's shoulders and sighing with enough theatrics to suggest he was being forced to carry the weight of the world on his shoulders, he shakes his head. Women. Apart from being literally gayer than he ever had been before, Remi wasn't quite sure what else he could do to avoid being constantly tangled in relationship drama with other women.

I think maybe I overdid things in leaving the Cordillera without you. I just wanted to get you some flowers, and... Well, and then Isla.
remi
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
Have you? Somebody had better stop this waterfall, because I should write this down for posterity, Ronin jests, letting himself be drawn closer against the Lullaby even as his lips offer gentle apologies for the bad day he's had. Mm, women, he agrees, though the soft pulse of amusement suggests that he (obviously) isn't quite as against the fairer sex as Remi currently is.

Flowers, for me? The spark of golden warmth between them is probably what the Lullaby had been aiming for, so maybe it's a saving grace that he achieves it with merely the thought of such a gesture. That's very sweet of you. But yes - perhaps we can stick to more familiar people and places for now. Speaking of... His fingers thread through the alchemist's wet hair, Ronin leaning in for a smooch to his nose.

Do you know that Spice bonded to Flora? His smile is mostly internal, but it's nonetheless proud. She asked if we'd get her some echo sharks from the Greatwood, since she's a little busy with her new companion.

RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
You are a menace, Remi thinks affectionately, grinning against Ronin's lips despite how it ruins the sweetness of their kiss. That his husband doesn't share the same severity of gayness isn't anything that worries the Lullaby, even if in this moment his pettiness demands that Ronin be more spiteful simply because.

Mmm, from meadowreach. I wanted to give you something from somewhere that we do not often go. I was going to save some of the seeds after they had died to add to our garden. It's a strange thing, holding each other so close within a waterfall that flowed up, if only because their combined strength (and Remi's tentacles) were able to force the water around them quite easily.

'Is that so?' Pursing his lips thoughtfully before they twisted into an amused S shape, Remi just shrugs and nods. We can congratulate Phoebe for becoming the new Guardian while we are there. Remi supposes; not that he cares much for politics, but Flora's recent gathering had only reinforced in his mind just how few friends he really had these days.
remi
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
I am your menace, Ronin corrects with a smug smile that further ruins his onslaught of kisses, and he finally relents enough for them to catch their breath and enjoy the weightless tug of the waterfall's flow. And that is very thoughtful. I think I did see a squashed bouquet on the bank outside, so is it safe to say you were sort of successful? At least a ruined bouquet of flowers will still yield seeds, so Remi's plan hasn't been an entire failure.

Humming his agreement (and having forgotten about the Greatwood's new leader, shame on you Ronin), the Supernova anchors himself closer to his husband, cheek to cheek with him to enjoy the roar of the water and the warmth of their proximity at the same time. That sounds like a great idea, he agrees. For now, though, why don't you let go of that rock and we'll see if we can swim to the top again?

RONIN
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
Growling a serenade of possessive agreement, the sound dies in the Lullaby's throat as he huffs. It had been quite a full and lush bouquet until Isla attacked me as a tiger while I was a raccoon. Remi replies defensively, his anger flaring brightly in an Isla-shaped blaze in his mind.

That I absolutely can do. Uncoiling his tentacles from around the rock, the satisfying thwop thwop thwop of his suckers letting go lost to the rush of the water, Remi splayed his remaining shifted appendages out beneath them to act like some sort of water-sail. Up they rose until the altitude made the water nearly freezing to the point where even demigods might be a bit annoyed by it. Even then Remi had no intention of letting Ronin go, and it was with wings splayed from his shoulderblades and tentacles holding the Supernova firmly against him that the Lullaby returned them back to the ground at the same time as giving nightmares to any creatures who might have been watching.

~FIN
remi