Mini Event come one, come all
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 21 - Int:
TARAK - Mythical - Griffin (Fire Breath)
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
And I know I'm asking too much
And I know I'm taking control
On the heels of her trip to Halo, a trip to Torchline sounded warm and sunny and absolutely divine. It was with Hadama's invitation that Soh planned her arrival for the agreed-upon time, and she and her envoy worked to set up a small get-together in Haulani that mimicked what they'd done in Halo. A long table of food, smaller tables to eat and chat, and a general atmosphere of camaraderie: Soh regarded it all with a pleased smile, ready now to simply wait for people to begin to arrive.

Perhaps it was because she'd spent so much more time in Torchline than in Halo, but the young Heart felt altogether more comfortable in the tropical air of Haulani than she had in the frigid tundra. Though she'd only spent a little time with Hadama, she knew Harper quite well, and she found herself much more confident than nervous going into today's little soiree.

So it was that she waited for attendees to arrive, a cheerful smile on her face.

------

This is a mini-event announcing that Stormbreak will be opening to Abandoned in the near future! Come on in, grab a bite to eat, and hang out with friends from Stormbreak while we await Soh's official announcement!
But a heart that's not worth breaking
Isn't worth much, not at all
Sohalia
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 19 - Int:
MITTENS - Mythical - Abominable Snowball
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Lena
hope is the thing with feathers
that perches in the soul
Torchline had always been a comfortable place for the Caretaker; having met many acquaintances here in the past. And while her intrigue had always been about the animals surrounding this tropical world, the people were a plentiful respite from the more stony fixtures of Stormbreak’s residents.

She dutifully followed along Sohalia in her Advisor role, as she’d done in Halo, there to assist in any inquiries, philosophies, or histories over decision making; though hers would be more relevant to the present. Squeezing Sohalia’s elbow as she passed by, the Attuned snagged a drink, surveyed the surroundings, and awaited other individuals to join.
and sings the tune without the words
and never stops at all
Koa Carpenter
Dragoon

Age: 22 | Height: 6 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 28 - Int:
PIPSQUEAK - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: shark Online
Change author:
MP: 2580

Koa

We're going down, down in an earlier round
And sugar, we're going down swinging
Koa figures he should come and support his homeland and his Queen, even if being at a gathering with Sohalia really isn't the top of his priorities right now. Still, it's easy enough for him to avoid her in a crowd, to take on the role of casual soldier with his summer fatigues and copper tan. And it's good, he thinks, to have a Dragoon presence, especially if he's hoping to expand the organization to other realms.

So he leans himself against a wall, wishing very much he had a beer but too mulishly diligent to actually drink on the job. And he tries, oh he tries, not to steal glances at Sohalia as she mills around the guests, focusing instead on looking as solderish as possible while still approachable, should anyone want to know more.
I'll be your number one with a bullet
A loaded god complex, cock it and pull it
the Tidebreaker
King of the Merfolk / Chef

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 35 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 0
Played by: Cirago Online
Change author:
MP: 5305
Torchline was now welcoming of all sorts to its sunny shores: merchants and mercenaries, beggars and thieves, governors and queens, outlanders and naturals alike. Attuned, Abandoned, Accepted, and Ancients were no exception, but Hadama was aware that distant Stormbreak was somewhat different in that regard.

And given that the Merfolk had until recently held a similar insular view of the landfolk, he could appreciate the difficulty in upending generations of settled tradition, even if it was for the better.

He arrived to give the young leader his support, and was pleased to find Lena there as well. He inclined his head to his human friend, curious about her presence but willing to wait for explanations. Instead he considered the setup thoughtfully before swimming to an edge of the canal nearest the tables and lifted the water beneath him up so he could reach the plates and food before subsiding back into the sparkling channel to listen.
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9747
Harper
I was born in a big gray cloud screaming out a love song
It's hard not to show up like a proud dad with pom-poms and a giant sign that reads 'YOU GO SOH!' (rhyming intentional). This is a formal affair between regions, which is stupid and Harper hates it, because his visiting time with Sohalia has dwindled immensely since they both took up leadership positions nearly simultaneously.

Luckily Harper doesn't mind pretending he's welcoming Sohalia while secretly tapping into the Attuned bond the moment he takes her hands. I'm so proud of you kiddo, he croons, careful to keep the connection open only between them. Take deep breaths. I'm right here if you need me. Both to help calm any disgruntlement that may ensue and to support her on a personal level.

Turning away, he spots Hadama and lifts a hand and a warm smile for his friend and co-leader. Lena is noticed next as he merges back into the crowd, so he grabs a drink and sidles up to her, pleasantly surprised by her presence. "I was beginning to think you never left Stormbreak," he teases in a friendly manner, bumping elbows companionably.
among broken chords and unnamed cries -
what a place to come from
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
And I know I'm asking too much
And I know I'm taking control
Soh was far more at ease in Torchline than she'd been in Halo, and it showed in the easy set of her shoulders and the sweet smile she offered to those who came to join her. She was still glad for Lena's calming, supportive presence, especially when she caught sight of Koa. Swallowing the heartache, she turned her attention instead towards Hadama, offering the King a polite incline of her head. She tried to greet Harper the same - after all, this was a formal event - but she couldn't help the broad smile as he opened the Attuned bond between them and she felt the rush of pride and love from her surrogate father. Thanks, Dad, she sent warmly through their private bond.

When it seemed that people had arrived and settled, Soh repeated her speech from Halo. "Thank you all for the warm welcome. It is a pleasure and a privilege to join you as the Heart of Stormbreak. We come bearing news that we hope will be welcome: we are in the process of completing a quest to open Stormbreak's borders to Abandoned for the first time. We wanted to share this news with you all personally and invite you to visit us just as soon as our quest is complete. I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have."
But a heart that's not worth breaking
Isn't worth much, not at all
Sohalia
Ellyra Fox
Nurse

Age: 22 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 2 - Strg: 7 - Dext: 11 - Endr: 11 - Luck: 22 - Int:
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
Ellyra
We made plans to kiss the sun at night
Hopeless dreamers, hopeless types
Following Sohalia, Lena, and Koa to Torchline was a no brainer. It was a better option than Halo, anyway. Torchline was the place she knew to be full of all the fun things: dancing, late night parties, booze, and sex. She didn't think that Sohalia's event would involve such things, but certainly there would be an after party. Even if Ellyra was apprehensive about the quest that Stormbreak was embarking on, it wouldn't stop her from enjoying herself.

Staying near Lena, Ellyra listened as Sohalia spoke. She was impressed that the Heart was as eloquent as she was. They were so young, after all, and Ellyra felt hardly more than a kid herself most days. She bit her bottom lip as she listened, amber eyes glancing over the crowd to see if there would be an outrage or rejoicing.
Shedding skin you show your beauty scars
Don't forget me or who you are
Harper Quinn
the Stalwart
Teacher

Age: 33 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 5 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 15 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 19 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9747
Harper
I was born in a big gray cloud screaming out a love song
It's the first time she has ever called him dad, and he wonders if she even notices it. He does, but he closes off the bond so she can focus on what she must do instead of the emotion and jubilation in his heart.

Standing near the front of the crowd, he listens intently as she delivers her - clearly rehearsed, which is adorable - speech, and considers as a leader what inquiries he might want to make. Though he's not Abandoned himself, there are many moving parts in Stormbreak removing their Abandoned defenses.

"Can you explain the details of what the defenses previously entailed, and how their removal will look? For example will Abandoned be able to move about Stormbreak the same way others could, or will they require some sort of access item that can only protect them when worn?" Harper highly doubts that, but it's good to get clarification.
among broken chords and unnamed cries -
what a place to come from
the Tidebreaker

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Hadama listened to the announcement and then to Harper's excellent questions that followed. Though he wasn't personally affected, he had citizens who would be - and friends in other regions whose safety was at stake. Though he took some time to turn the news over and examine what little information had been given he did eventually speak up, his low voice rumbling from the edge of the canal in which he floated.

"I have heard of the anti-Abandoned sentiment in Stormbreak," he began. Before the War in particular the Stormbreak-based Order had been militant in its acts against the Ascended... but they had held the Abandoned in contempt as well. "How will you convince your citizens to accept magic users?" After so many generations of being taught to hate and fear and blame them? "And what penalties will there be for any violence against them?"
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Change author:
Got no plans and I've got no money
Gone are the days of milk and honey
Soh listened to the queries of the two leaders of Torchline, her expression one of polite interest, her hands clasped prettily before her. They were good questions, and after having answered similar ones in Halo, she was fortunately prepared to answer. To Harper, Soh said, "Our task to dismantle the defenses includes digging up old hand mines and replacing them with region-appropriate plants. We are working with Safrin to remove the defenses, and she has been indicated that there will be any restrictions after we are through. Our intent is for Abandoned to be able to come and go as freely as any other citizen in our region."

Then she turned to Hadama, thinking of Hotaru, who had asked nearly the same question. "We are working to educate the people of Stormbreak and spread pro-Abandoned information among the populace while we work to dismantle the defenses. We are focusing on both the general populace and the Dragoons in particular. As our peacekeepers, it is expected that they will protect both Abandoned and non-Abandoned in our region equally."
Green eyes and a head of gold
I'll give you two dollars if you save my soul
Sohalia
the Tidebreaker

Change author:
Hadama listened to Sohalia's answers to Harper's question and when she had finished he nodded his approval of the measures being taken and the choice to seek out Safrin's blessing to see the work done. "And the statues that turn Abandoned to stone?" he asked as a followup. He had traveled to Stormbreak several times now on the nights when he could take human form, and he had seen the countless statues made of sentient marble that were placed around the city and along its streets.

As for her answer to his own question, he hmmed a thoughtful sound. "Indeed," he said slowly, though he seemed less convinced by her optimism. "It will take time. But it is a good place to start." Not everything could be perfect immediately, as he knew well. He could see no better way to ensure that the Dragoons would not abuse their power in the name of their bias, however, or to prevent the first few Abandoned into Stormbreak from bearing the brunt of the difficult transition. Though he was uneasy that the young Heart had avoided answering the question on punishment there was little he could do about it, and he accepted it philosophically. Perhaps they would be lucky, and there would be no need for such things.

Only time would tell.
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Change author:
Got no plans and I've got no money
Gone are the days of milk and honey
Soh had good intentions, it was true, and she hoped that her sense of her people was accurate in that most of them harbored no lingering ill will towards Abandoned. At the very least, the majority of her populace had voted to remove the anti-Abandoned defenses, so she had to believe that that had meant something. Still, she was not completely naive; some anti-Abandoned sentiment would linger in Stormbreak, and they would simply have to do their best to weed it out. Soh, for one, had no intention of letting such outdated feelings fester. She intended to address any issues that came up swiftly and without mercy.

"The statues should be disabled," said Sohalia, "Although I will admit that I do not know the specifics of what Safrin will do to them once we finish our tasks." She hoped that she was right; the goddess had made no mention of the statues, but surely they, too, would be destroyed once their quest had been completed?

With the questions seemingly done for now, Sohalia smiled at those assembled. "Thank you all for coming. I assure you that we want a smooth transition, and we are committed to doing whatever we need to in order to ensure everyone's safety and wellbeing." And with that, the meeting came to a close. Soh lingered, mingling with any who wished to speak, and doing her best to soothe any fears expressed to her by Torchline's citizens.

-FIN-
Green eyes and a head of gold
I'll give you two dollars if you save my soul
Sohalia