takes to the horizon
Regional Asset Thread
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Deimos
Dare we know the halo's hanging low
Another season, another round of political notions and moments. Though they’d discussed ideas at a prior meeting, there was always time to secure, alter, or change plans, if there’d been other circumstances amidst the world. He could think of several recent modicums to add (Stormbreak's leadership and subsequent quests, a Thieves Guild brewing; machinations milling).

Pleased he’d been the first to arrive on this interval, the Sword secured the larger meeting sanction with its massive table and array of chairs; then settled into placing a variety of snacks (to keep him, Evie, and Noah occupied for the duration) on the surface, and his bag of holding close by – with a furtive means to an end contained within. From there, he snagged at his old notes from the previous gathering, along with new pieces of parchment and charcoal. And started snagging at the crackers.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 10 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 49 - Endr: 51 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
The Sentinel of the North

You see the things they never see
All you wanted I could be
Prepared for a quick meeting with two Wardens who had their shit together, Noah was in a pleasant mood as he entered the hall. He had a satchel over one shoulder that had his notebook from their last meeting during the height of the summer — although the hunter hadn’t taken many notes with the way that Evie nearly burned through her paper with her writing speed.

He greeted Deimos with a bright, eye wrinkling smile as he pulled a leather clad chair back from the great wooden table. ”It’s not often I beat Evie to your side.” He winked as he sat down, a boyish glint in his eye. He looked around for the fiery haired warden then, and not seeing her closing in too quickly he gave Deimos another smile.
Now you know me and I'm not afraid
And I wanna tell you who I am
Noah
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
Evie
Evie is equally in a good mood; the springs are done, the people around her are happy and at peace, and their plans have proceeded swimmingly in terms of regional assets. Noah is dead to rights with his assumptions, as Evie comes laden with her reports and well-worn journal as she arrives, last but not late and with energy to spare in her gait and warm smile.

She doesn't catch Noah's comment, though she likely would have merely laughed if she had. Snagging a few crackers in an acrobatic rearrangement of her full arms, she swans to her chair and settles in swiftly, depositing her files on the table in their midst. Not all of them are relevant to their meeting, but she intends to sequester herself in her office after this.

"Afternoon, gentlemen," she greets cheerily, snagging at her trusty journal while swiftly consuming the few crackers she'd grabbed. "Not to be the one to put us straight to work, but also - I will be." Grinning unrepentantly, she flips her journal open and taps her pen against last meeting's notes. "So last season we devoted to asset acquisition, and I have Deepfrost marked down for the training of our Shields. This season we are readily available, though it was reported back that we won't be able to do much with our resources unless we do some more gathering." Which provides them with valuable insight as to how they should prioritize the seasons they haven't scheduled.
I can wait for you at the bottom, wait years if I gotta
Heaven knows I ain't getting over you
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Deimos
Deimos snagged a few more crackers before Noah appeared, and though he arched a brow at the comment, uncertain what it was supposed to mean, he shrugged it off (he thought they behaved themselves, in most settings anyway). Evie sprung in thereafter, and altogether their assembly had quite a few notes and books centered and ledgered upon upcoming tasks.

Muffling a snort as the Evergreen funneled them straight into work, he consulted his own notations from previous discussions, pondering over the complexities of this current season’s agenda. “So it will be down to harvesting resources again,” to ensure they had enough to render anything useful, “or upgrading the region.” There was always something needing to be done around the Citadel as a whole – so his gaze went back and forth between the others. “Do either of you have a preference?”
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:

Surely Deimos and Evie were as professional in their relationship as they could be. More than above reproach in their interactions with each other, operating as equals and partners just as they should for the betterment of Halo. But Noah would never miss the opportunity to poke fun when he could because of what he had endured with the flourishing of his and his wife’s relationship. His smirking smile didn’t falter much as Evie walked in, even as she set them straight to work.

Noah’s face was wrapped in concentration as he listened. He took a few notes, and tilted his head some in a bear-like fashion as the two Wardens spoke. ”I think harvesting more resources would be good. We can lead a team to work on some upgrades this season, so we have a good base going into the deep winter season.” Noah flicked his eyes between Deimos and Evie, settling on the latter for his question. ”Have you spoken with the other regions?” Her statement of reports sounded as if she had, and Noah was making an assumption, and wanted to clarify.
Noah
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Evie
Oh they may be above reproach in an official capacity, but citizens had seen their stupidity abound in the streets and tundra, she's sure of it.

Noting everything in her favored shorthand as they talk - even if no decisions have been made yet - Evie crosses her ankles and pauses only when Noah speaks directly to her. "Only to Hadama in Torchline. Stormbreak is still inaccessible, and I haven't heard anything from the Grounds yet, have you?" He had mentioned being tasked by Vi to assist the region, but she's uncertain how quickly such an abandoned place can be repaired and brought back to its feet. "I think we have a great opportunity for trade with Torchline if that's what we desire." Otherwise, they can simply work with the collection of Eirachi's tears that they gather.

"Of the two, I'd prefer gathering more resources before Deepfrost hits." Their intent was to train soldiers in Deepfrost anyway, so advancements could always come in spring.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos
Considering how they were already implementing portions to the wall, and could do several other projects around Halo without disrupting or sending others off, Deimos was more inclined to the assets as well. “We will be working on the wall. Did we have anything else we wanted to do to improve anything before Deepfrost?” There was always the jail cells, implementation of storage…”But I agree on harvesting more resources. If necessary, we can do more regional upgrades come spring,” especially depending on what might occur in their hazardous climate in the upcoming seasons. On another thought, he jotted down another notation. “What were our thoughts on mageglass?” And venturing into the Fangs for it once more?

Speaking with other regions, besides congratulatory letters, hadn’t occurred from the Sword. The Grounds was due to be Noah’s forte, so he arched a brow in the Sentinel’s direction, having heard nothing on alterations in leadership there. “Have we heard anything from the Greatwood either?”

Trade from Torchline might be intriguing, uncertain on how they’d barter back and forth, but worth the thought and attempt. “We can see if they are interested.”

As for the stony region lingering in the air, he snagged at some parchment tucked away on the desk, and gave one to each of them. “Speaking of Stormbreak, Sohalia made me a map of the region. So I copied some for both of you,” with a wry grin, very proud of himself.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:

”Nothing in an official capacity, though I have spent some time with civilians.” Noah said, leaning forward to rest his forearms on the table and lean most of his weight on the great oak surface. ”From what I’ve gathered, the people are pretty receptive to someone stepping in as a leader, but reluctant to be the ones to step up themselves. One even said they needed the help of a god.” Noah let his eyes flick to Deimos and then again to Evie, and back again to the Sword, trying to gauge what they may have to say about it. ”I’ve heard nothing of the Greatwood, other than it is Phoebe leading there.”

Turning his attention to the other city, Noah nodded. ”I’m interested to see how things with Stormbreak work out. I have a…certain presence there, being a demigod.” There was a discomfort behind Noah’s words that manifested in the tightening of his shoulder muscles. There was a weight to his name that he wasn’t sure he would ever be able to live up to. ”I can convene with their government. I don’t know all of them, but there are some I am familiar with.” Less now that The Order no longer ruled, or Ronin after them. When Deimos mentioned maps, Noah smiled, but lifted a brow. ”Did you offer her the same in return?” There was a joke there behind his words — Halo was much smaller than the skyward city, easy enough to get your bearings about.

Then, he answered another inquiry. ”I think we should try for mageglass.” He leaned his weight off his arms, if only to release the tension between his shoulders. Although the mineral did not help him, there were so many it could.

Noah
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Change author:
Evie
Evie begs off the mageglass question with a little grin and a shake of her head - she may love reading, Sam's soul would love to know, but she was absolute pants at riddles and other hunts for the elusive magic-increasing material. "I think we can try for it, but I'll be sitting happily at home." No headaches, eye strain, or lip-biting for the Evergreen.

As for the regions - "They're not entirely wrong. Anything that will truly help the land will require a god's assistance, like Frey has done for us. The Grounds are simply too crippled otherwise." And it hurts because she wants to help, but there is so much old pain there that she had hardly been able to stomach returning for last season's festival. "Which is why I'm uncertain how much we can help them, even in an unofficial capacity." Though she's open to suggestions, especially as Noah was commanded to aid them from on high. "I know Sohalia but only in passing. Though honestly I would prefer to wait to see how their dismantling plan shapes up before we speak to them - I feel hesitant to do much more." Her eyes go to both men, gauging if they feel the same.

"I know Phoebe though. I'd be happy to visit and speak with her." They'd been very like-minded, and both living in the Grounds for many years. Evie would enjoy the catch up as much as the political inquiries. "But for this season I'll mark down that we'll be pursuing resource gathering." Which at least means they're one step closer to wrapping up their duties for today.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos
Progress within the Grounds seemed slow, but given how things had been for them in the past, perhaps any movement at all was deemed sufficient. Brows furrowing slightly, because of Noah’s assignment, and Evie and his own connections to the world, short of planting someone else there, he wasn’t certain what more they could do. They’d already assisted in building a skyport, and they could only lend so much manpower without devastating their own. “Someone within the Grounds will have to step up,” and his gaze went to the Sentinel, pondering if he knew of anyone – could make some valuable suggestions in that stead.

The Greatwood seemed just as quiet, and he wasn’t sure what could be done there either, but glancing back towards Evie, he inclined his head. “You are welcome to try. I am not certain what has been accomplished there,” or what could be, but knowing something was better than ignorance.

Leaving that to the ether, the subject of Stormbreak persisted, and a long breath drew outward. “I think they have much to be sorted out by way of the dismantling, and we have offered to help there many times over. That one may be a waiting game as well.” And while a patient individual, he could only shrug his shoulders at that one – having no control over the floating isle’s stratagems.

He did arch a brow at Noah’s insinuations though, uncertain if he liked them, given how the Sword had always been a creature of reciprocity. “Saved her from a Ceffyl Dŵr.”

Nodding at their agreement and accord with pursuing more resource gathering for this season, he shifted it back to more diplomatic activity. “What are our thoughts on reaching out to Torchline about trade?” Would they prefer to wait for another season? Did they want to keep their resources tight and to the chest? Both Evie and himself had firm connections – it all depended on how to utilize them.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:

Noah chuckled some at Evie. His eyes were warm as he did so, with no sneer or jest in them. "Deimos has been out there before, so if he leads I'll be there to support." Noah said, though little did he know at the time their endeavor would come up short.

"I don't have any ability to call on a god for help like we've done with Frey without being a leader in the region. Though, with Vi's call on me, he may be willing to help..." Noah trailed off some and his head tilted, eyebrows lifting, as if the thoughts in his head were rolling around like marbles and he was trying to get them to the right holes. "I agree on that, too. Someone will have to step up. So far only Darkeye has tried...and failed...but I haven't seen him since we saved those traders." He glanced to Deimos for the briefest of moments at the mention of the dwarf. "I will keep my work in the Grounds seperate from the responsibilities and authority I hold here, unless you two direct me otherwise. I can help them stritctly as a demigod on his holy orders, if that is what you want." As an advisor here, he wanted to keep priority. But after his talk with Remi, he wasn't sure of his true next step. It may involve leaving Halo for a short time to help advise the people of the Grounds in a fuller capacity. "I've said it a million times, but I will say it again: I do not want to leave Halo. But...I think I might try to be in the Grounds for some of the winter. With as little resources they have, I can at least help there. For now." And then he would figure out the rest.

He shifted in his seat again and the breath that pushed through his mouth and nose were made to dismiss any further contributions he had to the conversation of the Grounds. He had set out a hand towards going to Stormbreak -- a Jonah moment. Deimos likely saw right through him, and thus both leaders dismissed the idea. As far as Torchline went, Noah shrugged his shoulders just an inch. "Trade in times of peace seems like a wise thing to do. They are the strongest next to use, after all. Why not try and forge something stronger?"

Noah
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Change author:
Evie
It's a grim topic, and one Evie is too personally close to desire any further expansion on, but she can't simply ignore it. She'd been the Queen of those lands once, for a short time. The fall of the Grounds has therefore always felt too personal for her. "The throne there has always seemed cursed," she murmurs, prone to being a tad more superstitious given her upbringing. "People will continue to point to the next person without stepping up. There's little we can do until they have a ruler instated. Even a temporary one." Here, she dares to look at Noah, wondering. Quietly questioning if perhaps he will find himself on that path to do what it takes to seal his agreement with Vi. Especially if he is already considering spending some of the winter there.

Evie, for one, would not begrudge him that choice if ever it needs to be made, so she smiles at him warmly. "Of course. Winter will be their hardest season. If you have need of my magic, don't hesitate to call on me." She would be happy to bless their crops and soil in what small way she could. Certainly nothing on the power scale of a god, but he would have her aid if he needed it.

"I agree we should reach out to Torchline first, given our history with them and their established nature as a region." Scrawling in her looping handwriting in her journal, she glances at Deimos and quirk a playful smile. "Draw straws on which of us does it?" They both have some measure of closeness with each of the rulers, so the task could fall to either of them.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos
If Noah was looking for a lifeline away from the Hollowed and broken world, he’d find it lacking in either Sword or Evergreen. “Do what you must in the Grounds. You know you have our support here, and can call upon us anytime.” Between the Sentinel’s abilities, and his compass, Deimos didn’t see too many trials and tribulations on that end – save for simply striving to pick up long, lost broken pieces. Fertile areas now late in the season..LongNight’s approach…all would have to be dealt with swiftly. In turn, Deimos was all the more grateful they’d long since figured out their own means and measures in those plights.

As for their own land, the monolith jotted down a few more notes. “We will continue preparations for Deepfrost here. I can do several hunting expeditions and oversee storage.” The greenhouse would remain firm and steady, the public free to pick from the crops not damaged by their extreme weather.

And then reaching out to Torchline – diplomacy hadn’t been one of his strengths; often too concise and stoic. Knowing the other rulers put it in a slightly better aspects, but not by much. At Evie’s suggestion, he let out a quiet grumble, creating two straws in his hands, forgoing paired perfection for one of shorter and longer length. Holding them out, he permitted her to take the first, and when he opened his palm, he found the smaller means in his grasp. Striving not to make a face, he sighed and nodded, writing down more notes and fixtures. “Fine. I can pen something this afternoon.” Glancing back at his constituents, one brow arched, seemingly everything covered for the season, unless he was forgetting something. “Do we have anything else to discuss?”
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:

Noah's face warmed and his smile covered as much real estate as it could. "I appreciate that, Evie." He dipped his head in a thankful gesture towards the warden, and replicated the same for Deimos at his own willingness to help and support. The two of them had now sat, twice, through Noah's ramblings about his duties and it was good to have their loyalty.

The wardens then moved towards Torchline. Noah didn't have anything else to contribute, so instead started piling his papers from the rudimental notes he had been idly taking. "I think that covers it." Noah said, willing to close the meeting, but lifted a questioning brow towards Evie.

Noah