[se] thought everything was fine
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 10 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 49 - Endr: 51 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
i will endure the night for the promise of light
Noah headed out from his home early after making sure Cordelia and the twins were set for the day. He had several matters to attend to, but his first mission was to head to the Monster Hunter's Guild to see if there were any notes posted by citizens.

Unfortunately, that was not what he found.

Instead, he found the evidence of cloud spiders. He stood on the porch of the guild hall for a minute before entering. His dismay was clear -- shoulders dropped, a deep sigh and an eye roll. Apparently he was the first guild member to see this (at least today) for he knew none of them would let this stand.

Once he shoved the door open with a considerable amount of might, Noah set to work. He shifted into his polar bear form and began pawing and pushing at the thin silk that covered the entryway.
THE SENTINEL OF THE NORTH
Soleil Lovi
Adv

Age: 20 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 2 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 2 - Int:
DIANA - Regular - Arctic Wolf
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
Don't try to rush me, I know I'm lovely
Soleil is hunting for Deimos.

Now normally this is something that requires patience, long legs, excessive questioning of bystanders, and luck. All things Soleil has in spades. Orrrrr, you just go to his favorite haunts and set up shop! Given her recent return to the cold, and no desire to be out in it today, Soleil has chosen that course of action.

Laden with a wicker basket full of bread and looking very Red Riding Hood with her traveling cloak up and vainly trying to contain her hair, Soleil is understandably disappointed when she arrived at the Guildhouse and finds it utterly entrapped. But there’s also another man working away at the spider silk - a man she knows, of course, but only by name.

“Can I help you Mr. Olson?” she calls cheerily from down the path, already hurrying her pace to meet up with him in the newly opened entryway. Eyeing the spiderwebs she frowns, wishing she had some sort of magic or shifts to assist. Alas, she only has her knife, which she pulls out and begins cutting the silk with. It’s surprisingly resistant, which is doubly annoying.
But listen honey we're gonna take it slow
Soleil
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
The sheer force and strength of his polar bear was helping him bring down some of the spider silk. It was a surprisingly strong material, given how small the creatures were that made it. Despite Noah's frustration at the infestation reaching even the coldest parts of Halo, he couldn't help but think what the silk could be used for.

With that thought popping into his head, Noah shifted again. His body was that of a man, but his forearms and paws of his polar bear form remained. His long claws cut at more threads, just as a voice piped up from behind him. "Sure." Noah replied, a polite smile lighting his glacier eyes. He didn't know the girl, save for having seen her across the Citadel or streets in passing.

"Were you trying to seek a hunter?" He asked, swiping at another section of thick webbing and sending it floating to the entryway floor.

Soleil

Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by:
Change author:
MP: 0
It's no surprise he doesn't recognize her, given she has only ever spent time with Cordelia; playtime in the Palace, fox-chasing in the Citadel streets. She knows him in ways aside from being a demigod, and he has no idea. It provides her a mischievous sort of amusement that only the task at hand can possibly keep in check.

"I was looking for Deimos or Ru," she shares easily. Deimos foremost, but her godmother is always reliable when it comes to begging favors such as utilizing her keen nose or all-knowing brain. Still cutting away with her knife, she looks sideways at Noah, excitement ill-concealed. "Is Delia ready for visitors yet? I haven't been able to see her in a while." Since before she got pregnant really, which means forever to a young woman.
Soleil
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
Noah nodded with understanding. "No monsters after you then, terrorizing your home?" He asked with a bit of jest behind the words. Deimos and Hotaru were certainly accomplished monster hunters, but if she approached the guild with little panic, then they certainly weren't needed to swoop to the rescue with capes flying in the cold, bitter wind.

Noah hacked away at more spider silk, but paused when she brought up his wife. Hands shifted back, and he turned to face her fully. There was a familiarity behind her eyes that Noah couldn't quite place, at least not more than having interacted with her on the streets of Halo which he had previously suspected. "You know, I think she is up for it. The twins seem to like visitors, too. Any attention they can get, really." He smiled, genuine and soft and warmer than a Torchline evening. "Remind me of your name?"

Soleil

Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by:
Change author:
MP: 0
Soleil giggle-snorts at his playfulness. "I sure hope not, or Deimos' brain would leak out of his ears over monsters getting into Snowcloak." After all those efforts on the Citadel walls? The Sword would be apoplectic, and Soleil doesn't think she could blame him at that point.

Brightening immediately to hear that Cordelia is feeling better, Soleil mentally tallies her baking supplies at home - it seems she'll have to make even more bread than what she has in her basket. "Perfect! I love babies," she assures, though they have so few of them in Halo these days. Soleil's heart had nearly melted out of her ribs when she'd come across the school in Stormbreak and seen handfuls of gleeful children running about during recess.

Shaking a bit of sticky webbing off her hand, Soleil smiles at Noah, not at all insulted by his inability to recognize her. Usually her hair and eyes give her away, but only to people who had known her before she grew up. "Soleil Lovi! Sah's my dad." And, belatedly, she extends her hand towards Noah for a shake.
Soleil
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
Noah laughed. Bright, like a windchime on a summer's day. "That is true. He'd be ringing the alarm bell and bringing in the shields and each guildmember." Or, what he actually would be doing, was attempting to slay each and every beast that threatened them and their home with his own bare hands.

Noah's brows lifted and he took a break from breaking at the spider silk. "There it is." Noah said, warmth spreading through his words and covering each syllable in honey. "You know, your father talks so much about you." Was it weird to say you knew so much about someone even though you had never met them? Yes. So Noah kept that to himself. "But I'm glad to officially meet you, Soleil."

Then the blinked. The magic pulsed deep within him and he teleported from where they were, to deeper inside the building. Reappearing, Noah took a step forward, then, and surveyed what they had done. With their combined efforts, the spider silks had all been erased from the entryway. "Thank you for the help."

FIN