[SE] time and confusion
For Flora <3
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 21 - Int:
TARAK - Mythical - Griffin (Fire Breath)
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
It wasn't the first time that Soh had been warned off Koa, and she longed to understand why. After all, he'd been perfectly gentlemanly towards her, and she could only judge people based on their actions, right? She looked at Flora curiously out of the corner of her eye. "Mateo said much the same about Koa," she admitted slowly. "Not about this situation, but when I first met Koa." If Koa was 'whatever,' Soh was both curious and not interested in knowing more. Maybe it was burying her head in the sand, but she wanted to hold onto her perception of the young Dragoon for as long as she possibly could.

"If I had to choose between them, I would choose Jude every time," she continued. They were approaching the Eye now, and Soh dropped Flora's arm so that she could settle their basket and prepare to enter the springs. "I really love him, Flora. I just... don't know how to fix this mess I've made."
Sohalia
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake
Owner of The Hanged Man / Queen of Torchline

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 32 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 34 - Int: 1
SPICE - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2759
"I mean, that's..." Exhaling sharply and having really not planned on having this conversation with Soh today - or any day, really - Flora runs a hand through her long hair for a moment while reaching for the words to try and explain just why it was the Heart should kick the soldier to the curb. Though maybe she wouldn't have to...?

"I mean, just choose Jude. Dealing with both would be like, way more effort than it's worth, and like...when have you ever seen a love triangle work out? Besides, even if everyone was on board or whatever, if you know you'd pick Jude every time over Koa then like...that's gonna show up in whatever relationship you try and have with both of them. It's one thing to date them both, but if you love Jude, then..that's your answer."

Turning to her friend and smoothing down a wayward piece of hair that tried to escape her elastic, the Doubletake sighed. "Just tell Jude that you aren't perfect, that you fucked up, and that you choose him and want to fix things. Like I said before, everyone is young and like..you're gonna make mistakes, and you hope he can understand that."

flora
Argumentative, antithetical dream girl

Table by Time!
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Still feeling conflicted, Soh had to admit that this argument, at least, made sense. It really wouldn't be fair to Koa to be in a relationship where he'd always be second-best. Was she really just so selfish that she wanted him there as - what, as a backup? As a safety net? Surely not - what she felt for them both was real, wasn't it? "Thanks, Flora," she said, swallowing down the sudden tightening of her throat. "That really helped. I think you're right."

She wasn't really sure what else to say or think, so she defaulted to passing Flora one of their bottles, taking the other for herself and opening it to take a swig. "This wine and lemonade combination is really good," she said, hoping that it wasn't too obvious a way to change the subject. "So things are going well at the Hanged Man, I hope?"
Sohalia
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Still feeling like maybe she was weirdly lying to her friend even though the Luminary hadn't come right out and said, oh btw have you fucked Koa in the last week or so?, Flora took the out and immediately nodded her agreement that they should start drinking.

Immediately. And probably a lot.

"Anytime babe. You know I've got your back." She says with a wink before downing some of their concoction. "Yeah, it's okay. I was like..sort of seeing someone for a while but it fizzled." The girl admits with a shrug. "But business is booming and we're working on making a whiskey fountain, so that's something." Chuckling under her breath, she glances toward the hotsprings with a sigh. "Come Deepfrost, the only place I'll visit you is in here. Otherwise, you can come to Torchline. I'm not built for the cold."

flora

Table by Time!
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Change author:
Soh joined Flora in drinking, and though she didn't chug their concoction, she certainly took a healthy gulp. She was pleased that she'd called Flora - the girl had actually managed to soothe the Luminary's frantic mind. At least Soh had a better idea of how she should - and would - proceed. Or, at least, Flora's advice would help her in figuring that out. Later. After drinking. And swimming.

She just had to not think about swimming here with Koa, and she'd be fine.

Fortunately, talking with Flora was easy and provided enough of a distraction once they'd settled into the hot springs to soak. "Oh?" Soh said, raising a brow at her friend's admission. "I'm sorry that it fizzled, if you liked them." she said sympathetically. "But I'm glad business is going well, and a whiskey fountain certainly sounds like something! I'll have to come visit when it's finished." Even if she wasn't really one for whiskey.
Sohalia
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
"Yeah, it was whatever." Flora said with a half shrug. "She had asked me to be her girlfriend and I suggested we just...like go on a date first because all we'd done before that was fool around, and then she just..." Making a poof motion with her fingers, the Doubletake sighed and wrinkled her nose. "But you know, if they aren't the one, they aren't the one, right? So why be upset about it."

As for Soh coming to visit?

'Oh my god you have to. Especially once the snow starts falling. I hate it up here in Deepfrost. Everything is so gray." Flora complains of Stormbreak. 'Hey, maybe your next Regional Quest can be literally brightening this place up?" She suggests with absolutely no concept of just how hard the Heart was working to soothe the animosity toward the abandoned.

"Anyway, want to hear some juicy gossip?" With a grin and a theatrical bounce of her eyebrows, Flora would spill all the best tea about the inhabitants of Torchline.

~FIN

flora

Table by Time!