this isn't the ideal
For Willis
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 21 - Int:
TARAK - Mythical - Griffin (Fire Breath)
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
Everyone wants to see heaven
But no one wants to say goodbye
Soh's favorite cafe was crowded, but they managed to squeeze her into a little table for two in the corner. It made her heart hurt; normally, she'd come here with Jude, but he'd yet to return, and the table felt too big for just her. She wondered how much longer he'd stay away, and what the result would be when he came back. Would she be granted a second chance, or would he decide that he was better off without her? But he'd said he wasn't breaking up with her, and she had to trust that. Wasn't that what all this boiled down to, at least partly? Trust, or lack thereof?

The Luminary stirred her tea dimly, watching the way the liquid swirled in the cup, wrapped in her own thoughts and oblivious to the world around her. When the waiter appeared at her side, she jumped with surprise; he apologized, and then told her that they were running out of space for new patrons, and asked if she would be willing to share her table. "Of course," she said, smiling at the waiter. She was always happy to make a new friend.

So the waiter returned to the front of the cafe and, after a moment, led a dark-skinned man over to the table, depositing the stranger before running to take care of another table. "Hello," said Soh with a polite smile. "I'm Sohalia Lumaris. It appears we'll be sharing a table."
But no one wants to die
Sohalia
Willis Reede
Monster Hunter/Mercenary

Age: 25 | Height: 6'3 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 0 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 4 - Int:
Played by: Smiling One Offline
Change author:
MP: 10
A city in the clouds.... now this was something. Willis placed his feet up drinking a sip of ale, there wasn't much work to be found in Stormbreak might as well just take a break before leaving. The cafe was crowded and it wasn't his kind of place. He preferred bawdy and rowdy taverns where he can play cards and drink. Willis even used to flirt with the waitresses until he met his wife, now even the bustiest serving girl paled in comparison his wife. The young man took another sip until a blonde woman who was around his age introduced herself and said that they would be sharing a table.

"Oh! Well sure," Willis felt his ears reddening immediately removing his feet from the table. "I never knew we had to share seats. Haven't been here as often as I like to. Name is Willis Reede."

The young man felt a little awkward having to be forced to talk to a stranger without at least having a few drinks first. It was the best part about a tavern or a cafe as these people call it. "So what brings you to these parts?" He asked.
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
"Sorry," said Soh, making a face. "They're really busy today. Normally they wouldn't do this, but..." She shrugged. It made little difference to her. It wasn't the first time she'd been paired up with a stranger at a cafe. In fact, a similar situation had led her to meeting one of her best friends. "Anyway, it's nice to meet you."

Settling at the table, Soh offered a friendly smile. "Oh, I live here!" she said. "I'm actually the Heart of Stormbreak, so I'm around here quite often." It was still strange, introducing herself as the leader of the region; she wondered if she would ever get used to it. "What about you? I haven't seen you around before."
But no one wants to die
Sohalia
Willis Reede
Monster Hunter/Mercenary

Age: 25 | Height: 6'3 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 0 - Strg: 8 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 10 - Luck: 4 - Int:
Played by: Smiling One Offline
Change author:
MP: 10
Willis had to admit being this high was a little nerve wracking. He'd been on Skyships before and was always in awe on how advanced it was. For years birds, Dragons and other species were able to fly but never people. Through the creation of the Skyships, it showed that anything is possible but Willis preferred to sail the oceans. He grew up around water and besides, he could never get used to great heights despite thinking the Skyship was a great achievement.

Stormbreak on the other hand, took flying to another level. A floating city was unique to say the least. "It's nice to meet you too Sohlalia," Willis said smiling. "So, this is not a popular place after all, I wonder what's the occasion?"

Such strange customs, it made Willis want to stick around and explore the place and get a feel for their culture. "What do you mean you're the heart of Stormbreak?" Willis asked. "And I'm just a mercenary passing through. I haven't found work around here place looks pretty peaceful."
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Change author:
Heights had never bothered Sohalia; it was one of the perks of being an Attuned with a winged shift. She'd been flying ever since she was young, and she'd never thought twice about Stormbreak being so high up. Skyships, on the other hand, used to terrify her. To put her life in some other person's hands as they piloted a ship that worked through some means that she didn't quite understand? No, thank you. Still, with the help of a friend who had his own skyship, she'd managed to get over her fear. They were, after all, the fastest way to travel around Caido.

"Ah, sorry," she said, smiling a bit sheepishly. "I forget that not everyone knows Stormbreak well. I'm the leader of Stormbreak; my position is called the Heart. Or, well, it is now, anyway. It used to be the Eye, and then the Commander, but when I took the position, I wanted to do so with a more... personal touch." Then she nodded. "Things are pretty peaceful here. They weren't always, but we've been fortunate of late."
But no one wants to die
Sohalia