{se} feels like I'm sleepwalking when you're gone
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9747
Hotaru
Somewhere my lifeline still hums and sings
In the mess of all I have thrown away
She isn’t expecting him to shift so readily, having contented herself with the idea of them flying together in avian forms or simply walking. Still, she does love his Pegasus form, and so with a bright laugh she springs gracefully onto his back and settles herself, letting him know when she’s ready. It’s a form of flying she’s frankly never experienced, being human all the while, and it’s strangely more intimate. Already she can tell she loves it.

Taking Sunjata’s lead on how public he wants to be and how much gossip he wants to court, Ru honestly doesn’t know who all looks because she only has eyes for him until they’ve made it to the kitchen. Gracefully allowing him his chance to scheme, the Valkyrie looks over the drink selections and picks a cocktail with grapefruit which sounds positively delightful and asks for it to be made virgin. Then she rests her hip up against the counter, watching Sunjata from afar with soft eyes she doesn’t bother to hide. When he returns she extends her hand again - wanting to make a point that they’re both choosing to do these things, engage in these physical moments. In time she’ll get comfortable doing it without hesitation, but for now it’s nice to feel like everything is intentional. “So how does this work, do they bring it up to your room or shall we eat in the bar?” As they’d done last time. One is certainly more public but Ru is in no rush - she’ll be here overnight after all.
Hungry now,
I am gathering new seeds to throw wide
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
SUNJATA
at another place in time, you were infinitely mine
relatively alright, when berenstein was fine
He also doesn’t get too much time to watch and see just how many people turn their heads to them. But that’s fine, he’s too focused on the meal he has in mind that he’s content to let her drift off to make her selection of drink, while he gets the surprise underway. And it’s with a quietly confident smile that graces his face that he returns to her, taking her offered hand with a gentle squeeze – deciding this time that he also doesn’t intend on drinking anything with liquor.

How’s that for unintentional surprises, Ru?

He picks his usual nonalcoholic drink – a blackberry, lime, and ginger cocktail that’s equally as refreshing as it is sweet. “Depends on where you’d prefer to eat.” He offers, shifting to lean his elbow on the bar, flashing her a brighter smile as the options are laid out. “I don’t mind either way.” He lifts his drink to his lips to take a sip, awaiting her answer.
at another place in time, only parallel to mine
the universe was alright, when berenstein was fine
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Hotaru
It’s very surprising, but a delighted sort, and one he will both feel and see on her slowly-smiling face. She doesn’t know what the evening holds for them - conversation or more - but either way she wants to do it sober, and it means a lot that he chooses the same path.

Admittedly it feels like they’re two very different people with no history between them and he has merely come to charm her at the bar. It’s working - she smiles coyly back, if only to distract from the pink in her cheeks. “Honestly? I’d prefer a bit of privacy.” Aside from the bar opening in Torchline Hotaru has admittedly not been back in the social scene for many years. “Besides, I need to check in and make sure you really did separate your office,” she teases, smirking over the rim of her glass as she takes a sip. Only then does she brighten slightly, lifting a brow and offering her drink towards him. “Have you tried this one?” He has likely tried all of them, but you can’t fault her for trying to be sweet and simply flirtatious in the way normal, less seductive people are - an art she’s trying to learn.
Hungry now,
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
SUNJATA
Then privacy it is.” He leans back from the bar for a moment to catch one of the kitchen staff’s eyes, pointing his non scarred hand up to the loft space, before he returns his attention back to her precisely at the time she mentions his separation of office and bedroom. It does spark a hum of a laugh, the amusement flickering down the bond as he nods his head. “It’s mostly there. Don’t take it out on me.” He winks to her, pretending that they’re simply just normal people having a moment of flirtation.

He reaches with his free hand to take her drink to take a sip – he has in fact tried it before, but it’s important to make sure that the recipe hasn’t changed just because it isn’t him ordering it. And he’s pleased to see that it’s the same, a low hum of approval leaving his throat as he hands it back to her. “Refreshing,” he murmurs before handing his own to her. “This one’s a play on a blackberry mule.” He watches her to see just how she likes it (sure that she’ll recall blackberries being his favorite fruit).
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Hotaru
She wrinkles her nose at him in some mix of threatening and considering when he reveals the job is not fully done, but seems to decide on not tormenting him about it with a playful roll of her eyes and a, “Fine.” She doubts they’ll need much room for talking, so she can allow him some grace.

Ru blatantly watches him drink; the bob of his throat, the touch of liquid on his lips, the hum of approval. Okay maybe she made the wrong choice in innocent flirtations. Taking his glass in turn she sips at it in reverse, and makes a pleased noise. She’s not a fan of blackberries - in hilarious contrast to his love of them - but she smiles and licks her lips all the same. “You know what, I like it more than I thought I would.” Maybe her tastebuds have changed?

He leads them upstairs shortly thereafter and she immediately looks around the room, spotting the few lingering boxes of office supplies and shooting him a look. She can’t resist. Taking her drink with her she slips her shoes off and sits cross-legged at the end of his bed, wanting to make herself at home without inviting overthinking. “I like it, it’s cozy,” she murmurs with a small, distracted smile as she looks around the loft room. “Hopefully not too hot in the summer?” King’s end is more temperate but heat does rise.
Hungry now,
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
She watches him as a mirror of how she watched him take the sip, and watches as the purplish liquid hits her lips, watches how she licks her lips in response to clean up the rest of it. “An open mind, perhaps?” He bounces a brow playfully.

But before they can linger too long on it, the food is done with metal tops hiding the food within it and the trek upstairs isn’t long, even if it’s surrounded by the muffled sounds of what goes on in the floor below the one he sleeps on. She makes herself at home quickly, and while it isn’t his business desk in the bedroom anymore, its another little desk with his collection of books that don’t fit on the shelves stacked on it, Lusea and Nate’s lantern set on their own shelf, and he uses the desk to remove the tops of the meals before bringing it over.

It’s got a sort of cabin feel. It’s quite comfortable.” Especially with the fire that crackles in the corner, the blankets strewn across the bed, the scent of smoke and him everywhere within it. “I get a decent cross draft in Longheat, and water magic, so I manage.” He shoots her a smile, taking the plates to the bed where his surprise is revealed to be roasted catfish on a bed of vegetables with a sweet and refreshing sauce, his gaze lifting to look at her with a soft smile awaiting her reaction.
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Hotaru
Though she keeps herself firmly where she is so as not to overstep, her eyes roam for her, catching on memorial lantern, crackling logs, and a multitude of books throughout the room. But…not hoard levels. Patiently waiting for that little inquiry, Ru sets her drink between her crossed legs for lack of anywhere better to keep it safe. It’s perfectly timed however as Sunjata produces their good moments later; if he’s looking for a reaction he’ll find it plentifully in her widening eyes and growing smile as she leans closer to inhale the enticing smell - something she’d been resisting otherwise so as not to get drunk on the intensity of his scent in here.

“It looks - and smells - amazing!” She holds her hands out for him to hand over the plate so he can free up his own enough to join her on the bed. Only to shoot a sly look at him sideways. “I’m almost tempted to poach them, but my Grand Beanery is still on paper only.” Not that she can envision a use for a chef in a coffee house, but she can’t pass up any opportunity for teasing and lightheartedness.

Taking a forkful, she hums something nearly lewd around that first bite, eyes even falling shut. Okay maybe she does have to poach the chef, regardless of why. It’s almost (almost) enough to distract her from sliding her eyes sideways to smirk at him around her fork, pulling it out leisurely to make way for a grin. “Soooo…where are the rest of the books? I was promised a hoard. Or had he moved it after her threats? He’d never told her in the first place. Perhaps beneath the floorboards…?
Hungry now,
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
Her reaction is precisely what he’s looking for, and his grin widens as she takes the plate for him and he moves easily to sit on the bed, tucking one leg under him and using the other to press his toes into the floor and lush rug to give him balance to set his plate on his lap as he dives into his meal, too. He swallows his first bite, laughing lightly at her response, before he casually doesn’t look at her with the sound that slips from her lips with the taste of the fish. “Ah, thank the gods that my chef is still safely tucked away here.” He teases her back, taking a few more bites if only to prepare him for her follow up question.

Did you really think I’m that poor of a dragon to keep them in plain sight?” He asks, looking to her with a tilt to his head, smirking lightly. “They’re here.” He rumbles, taking another bite, but if Hotaru looks long enough she’d see at least two trunks with locks, also not including the trunks under the bed full of trinkets and more books. “Though I distinctly remember you mentioning you’d steal them.” He looks at her sidelong and playful, nudging her lightly with his elbow.
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Hotaru
Ru is unfortunately far too short for such luxuries, but she does eye the plush rug with clear envy. Not enough to leave the comfort of the bed, nor her delicious meal, but she’ll certainly be checking it out later now that she has abandoned her shoes.

Grinning unrepentantly, Ru leans sideways to knock her shoulder into Sunjata’s (though it’s closer to his elbow) and points her fork at him. “Unless you have proof I won’t be slandered as a thief,” she loftily commands, and takes another bite in a far more dramatic fashion. Though she does notice the trunks, and they’re unfortunate locks. “I’m far more inclined to steal your plentiful blankets honestly.” She looks at him from the corner of her eye and smiles. They’d be perfect alongside the shirt she still has, having never given it back that night under the stars, and she already collects blankets. This one will merely have his renewed smell as a bonus.
Hungry now,
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
Her shoulder knocks into his and Sunjata snorts a soft laugh before he takes another bite – certainly chewing it longer for the dramatic effect of trying to mull over her comment. Of course, before it’s been too long, he gives in – leaning a bit closer in her space to offer a quiet little “Well, the only other person that knows would be Isla and she hasn’t been here in weeks.” Despite having made the same threat once or twice – though he’s checked them each time it came up.

It's got to be the possessiveness within him that does it.

But he draws silent for a moment to finish his plate, moving to stand to take the plate over to his desk and to retrieve his drink, downing the rest of the blackberry refresher before returning to her to stretch across the bed on his side, peering at her with a still bright steel gaze. “You’re welcome to steal one if you’d like.” He offers, knowing that the permission of it was far less fun, but perhaps it could be made up in which blanket she chooses to take.
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Hotaru
Unbidden, and despite being quite fond of the woman now, Ru’s eyes bleed gold and her hair lifts slightly from the tawny hackles that rise beneath, at her nape - immediately territorial of the idea of another woman being here, in this space that smells so much of Sunjata, when Hotaru is here in this moment. Her lip has just begun to curl when she catches herself with a cough, and immediately takes another bite so she doesn’t give in to the urge to look sideways to see if she was caught doing it. Though she noticeably doesn’t respond.

She cleans and sets her own plate on the desk (though with a touch of magic so she doesn’t have to get up) and stifles a laugh when Sunjata stretches out on his side on the bed behind her. Still cross legged, it almost feels like a childish sleepover sort of physical arrangement. “I’ll bear that in mind,” she winks in return, tentatively stretching her legs out parallel to him on the bed as if getting used to taking up space in a room she sees as his den. And, because she’s trying to be honest, she says, “Though I’d really like a shirt still. It’s…different. Scent-wise.” And while blankets can be utilized, clothes could be worn.
Hungry now,
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
Luckily, he doesn’t notice the majority of her territorialness, catching only a glimpse of tawny hackles that slip away when he turns back toward the bed. He wisely keeps quiet on it, too, vocally at least. The bond between them is a gentle tide of reassurances, perhaps – given that it’s been weeks since Isla was here last, everything of hers cleared out of this room so she could go on her adventures and catch up with Remi, in a unique turn of events.

Regardless, he stretches out and she stretches out as well and there’s a pulse of contentness from him at her making her own space amongst his possessive home, full of his hoard and all things undeniably him. He props his head up on his hand and lets his other reach out to reach for her to run his calloused fingertips along gently, humming a soft sound of understanding when she offers more honesty. “Do you have a favorite? I could change into it and you could take it with you.” He nods with his chin toward the open closet beside the desk, where his shirts and the rest of his clothes are all hung up, before his gaze returns to her face as if trying to pick out if she’d have a favorite out of his newer collection.
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Hotaru
There’s a twinge of embarrassment and perhaps even shame that twitched like a spawning muscle from her side of the bond, but she gratefully accepts his polite silence that accompanies the comfort she can feel from him. It’s uncharacteristic of her, really. Or maybe it’s not - she’s just only had her own den to feel this way about before, and nobody has tried to intrude on it for years.

The touch of his hand on her leg makes her shiver blatantly, another thing to try and shove under the polite rug of not saying anything. Her eyes go to his closet at the offer, but she’s already slightly shaking her head. It’s only a few feet, but she doesn’t want that much distance right now. “I already have my favorite. Is your current one acceptable?” Otherwise she’ll just have to reluctantly bring the green striped one back.

Laying down so they’re perfectly mirrored - and hoping he’ll simply move his hand to her hip now - she lays her head on one of the pillows and simply watches him for a bit before slowly smiling. This is nicer than she could have anticipated. Simultaneously peaceful, tense with the need to hold back getting further into his space, and healing. Hotaru doesn’t try to hide those vague thoughts and feelings in the bond, because she suspects he feels the same.
Hungry now,
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
SUNJATA
It’s acceptable.” He agrees, offering her a softer tinged smile. He’s half tempted to take it off right now – but that poses a risk of being misconstrued, and besides, the longer he wears it the more like him it will smell. So he remains as she readjusts, his hand slipping up to her hip now, warm and heavy as he presses his scarred cheek into his pillows, watching her. He could stay like this in silence forever if he wanted to, simply watching and content to be at whatever mercy she’d have him, but he can feel the vague notions on her side of the bond.

And so he shifts to slip a little bit closer to her, hand still at her hip as his thumb starts to run along the bone there, and starts to speak with an air of apologeticness that’s quite obvious to her as a mask to hide this quiet arrogance he feels. “I’m sorry if I’ve complicated things with your date. George, was it?” A man he's never met, that he had done well in supporting whatever Hotaru decided might work best for her, but through the bond alongside the arrogance comes the tendrils of his own possessiveness, a shrouding feeling like how his pegasus wings had blocked them from sight when they'd kissed.