Too hot to handle
for Nature Frey
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5305
I'm afraid that Tal had been thinking (a dangerous past time, I know), and what he'd concluded after days of mulling it over while he'd brought Sohalia safely home from their latest jaunt out to Hak Etme was that he really needed to do something about the way he suffered in the hotter regions.

Boreal had hardly seemed to mind, fire breather that she was, but the courier was less hardy and he could only take so much heat. So bright and early the next morning he'd gotten directions to the most nature-y shrine in the city and made his way into the Celestine, where the dew still glimmered on the leaves, shimmering in the strange eternal twilight of the gardens.

It felt oddly appropriate, since an aspect of Frey had once saved his life in this place. He was going to have to look up Finn to say hello before he headed back...

Ah, but he digressed. Trying to stay focused on the bountiful god as he placed his offerings on the altar, Tal fiddled with the basket of piping hot scones, fresh from the baker's oven, and the little jars of honey and jam he set out beside them. Boreal was off chasing Speaking Squirrels somewhere in a nearby enclosure, caroling happily as she'd nearly catch one and then slow down to let it escape so they could keep playing.

"Hey, Frey. I was hopin' maybe you could put a li'l extra blessing on my Frostbite Cuff. Make it so the heat doesn't bother me anymore'n th'cold does now. Please?"

Not a leveling quest turn in, just a normal prayer thread

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Frey
No one prays like Talyson
Brings displays like Talyson
No one hates the heat of the sun's rays like Talyson

"You know, clotted cream works a treat with these." Frey's voice is soft and content as they appear before the Courier, seeming to bloom and unfurl much like a lotus flower at the shrine. Cross-legged, they take a warm scone and break it open, adding a generous drizzle of honey to one half and a dollop of jam to the other.

(Uses ursur in all of his deeeeecorating)

"Mm, I don't see why that can't be done," they say around a bite of honeyed bread. "Let's see..."

Now begone and quest, Talyson!

Tal has received a quest from Nature Frey to upgrade his Frostbite Cuff!

He must:

1. Complete a thread collecting ashes from an area in the Climb.
2. Complete a thread collecting sand from an area in Hak Etme.
3. Thread with a character who has fire manipulation and see them use it.
4. Complete a thread leaving an offering for Tanau, the Longheat seasonal deity. (Note: this should not be a shrine/prayer thread, just an ordinary one).
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5305
No one scowls like Talyson
No one yowls like Talyson
In a training thread no one calls foul like Talyson

"Oooh, I haven't tried that," Tal admitted, perking up as the suggestion reached his ears even before the god bloomed into view. Clotted cream, huh? Maybe he could get some on the way back to the Peregrine...

But then his focus was all for the tasks that were being set before him. He nodded slowly, not really surprised at the requirements to go to all the hot places. It made sense to him, and at least Longheat was past. Hail, the Climb and Hak Etme might almost be tolerable in a few weeks.

Though he wasn't exactly excited to be leaving an offering for Tanau, the worst wingman ever. But if Frey was asking it of him, he figured he could swallow his pride.

"Sure, an' thanks Frey!" With a grin for the god and a whistle for his dragon, Tal bounced up and headed back towards his ship to prepare for the adventures ahead!

~Fin~