Personal Quest something quite unnatural
the Maverick
Theocrat of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 35 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3081
I used to hold your haunted neck; I know I'll miss you if I close my eyes
Now this place is something else.

Unaware of the Grounds' deep and traumatic history, Danta has found himself nosing about the Temple and feeling richly jealous of the place. Imagine if it were crafted from obsidian, or draped with rubies and blood red tapestries. Imagine small, engraved pathways carved in the stone, perfect for bloodletting and offerings!

Alright, so all of that is far too grand for his designs. But he still thinks there must be a little bit of room in the Temple for Dygra, considering the whole place feels dedicated to the Voice right now. (And the altar they've got for her is nice and he doesn't intend to change it or anything, but come on).

Having tacked a note to the entrance of the place - ANCIENTS ARE COOL, I'LL PROVE IT - Danta is already preparing his (smaller scale, but just as impressive) plans for the building as he waits for people to arrive.

Danta is looking to make the Temple more Ancient/Dygra friendly! Please post your character arriving and we can get started!

1. Talyson
2. Edmund
Dantalion
Horns: Diamond - they look very similar to #2 in this image.
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5250
Tal was not having a great day.

He was wet, and bruised, and there was still a patch of spiderwebbing in his hair as he dragged himself into town after his disastrous morning cleaning the Peregrine at the Landing. Who knew there were sharks in the cove??? That was some bullshit, right there, and his old scowl was firmly fixed in place as he trudged through the streets. He passed the town hall he and Noah had helped fix up but it was the large stone edifice in the middle of town he was heading for. Boreal soared lazily overhead, lending him her eyes so he could chart his path as he went and not get even more lost along the way.

Wasn't there an infirmary there or something? He could've sworn he'd heard someone say something to that extent... at some point. Maybe it was a couple years back, but it was the best he had to go on and he wasn't in the mood to stop and ask nicely for directions.

When he reached the doors, however, there was someone strangely familiar standing there and Tal squinted at the blond, nose wrinkling. "Oh, it's you," he greeted, charming as ever. "What're you doin' here?"

Tal arrives with Boreal!
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Age: 18 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
SPLAT - Mythical - Darkling
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2895

Edmund had felt an odd pull to come to the Grounds. He wasn't sure what it was, or why he'd found himself hopping onto a skyship and making his way over in-between construction in Torchline. But here he was and as he approached the temple, he got his answer. Splat floated over and circled the sign and the Ancient let out a noise of affirmation. Ancient business. Of course.

Stepping inside, Edmund was unsurprised to spot Danta. The phrasing of the sign had been quite the giveaway. Splat spotted the dragon first and the younger Ancient had to block the darkling with his hand, "No." Disgruntled the living shadow's edges blurred, sad about his denied snack.

"What are you planning, Dantalion?" Edmund asked, looking around the temple.

~
Edmund arrives with Splat!

Edmund

Reborn In Fire
the Maverick

Age: 35 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Talyson is the first to volunteer himself - whether he realises it or not - and Danta flashes the courier a wide, fanged smile and tugs him further into the Temple, waggling a hand at his sign on the way in. "I'm here to make the Temple better - same as you!" he informs him as they wait for others to arrive. And lo and behold, here's Edmund soon enough to add to the efforts!

"Oh, so many things, always," he laments to Edmund with a dramatic sigh, though upon second thought, he imagines the other Ancient probably means what he's planning right the fuck now. "Well, this place is a mess, for a start. So cleaning up is a good start."

Alright, first task is to get the Temple's main area looking a bit more presentable!

1 person needs to sweep the floors
1 person needs to clean and open the windows
1 person needs to dust away cobwebs

No post order - Danta will take whatever task is left!
Dantalion
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Talyson did not realize he'd volunteered himself until it was too late, after he'd let himself be tugged inside by the chaos gremlin he'd met in the Greatwood. "Oh, uh, I am?" Tal looked around dubiously, nose wrinkling in silent judgement of the run-down, musty odour of the place. "I thought there was an Infirmary here..." He trailed off as another Ancient appeared, and Boreal promptly turned and trotted to one of the windows, pressing her face against it to see if anyone else was coming to say hello.

"Boreal, stop! You're gettin' snot on th'glass!" Tal admonished his utterly uncaring companion.

"Uh. I guess... I can at least clean up after her before I go," he grumbled, heaving a long-suffering sigh as he went to collect rags and soapy water. The dragon gave him a look of utter innocence as he shooed her away and then opened the window, beginning to scrub the glass. Then, traitor that she was, she trotted over to see what Dantalion was up to.

Tal takes the windows! Boreal goes to help Dantalion!
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Age: 18 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

Edmund nodded at Dantalion, "Agreed."  Turning to Talyson he nodded, "I'm Edmund. Good to meet you." Eyeing his circling companion with a grimace, the added, "Don't let Splat eat your dragon." Because the darkling would if given the chance.

Mentally nudging his barely corporeal companion to leave the dragon alone, he grabbed a broom to sweep. Given Edmund's last fiery attempt with webbing, it seemed like a safer option. Even if his fire magic was stronger and more controllable now, he'd rather not set a temple on fire.

As the younger Ancient created piles of dust and debris, Splat swooped in to eat them. The first time it happened, Edmund froze. Accepting that this was just his reality, he continued to sweep and use his companion as a void in which to throw unidentifiable objects.

~
Edmund sweeps and Splat has a snack.

Edmund

Reborn In Fire
the Maverick

Change author:
Well, see? They're like well oiled machines out here. Between Edmund and Splat getting rid of the dust with an efficiency that would impress anyone watching, and Talyson able to air out the large space with open windows that are sparkly clean (and free of dragon snot), already the Temple seems more welcoming. Add in Danta clearing away all the cobwebs from even the highest corners - he probably ought to have more fear than he does - and dusting Boreal for good measure, and they're ready to start Step 2!

As it so happens, this second step involves fire, because duh of course it does. "So there are a couple of big fireplaces that don't seem to be used too much any more. We should clean those out and start them again. I've also got something special for next to this thing." He gestures of the statue of the Voice and its tributes.

Someone needs to clean & sweep the two fireplaces Danta has indicated!
Another person needs to fill them with fresh kindling, and light them!
Danta is doing secrets.
Dantalion
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Change author:
"Huh? Oh, sorry, I'm Tal. An' this is Boreal," the courier responded to Edmund, blinking at the ... warning? Threat? About the little black... void... thing... floating around. "Does it even have a mouth?" he asked, genuinely curious. Boreal sniffed Splat curiously, also clearly trying to decide if the swirly black spot fell into the 'food' or 'friend' category.

Luckily Dantalion came along to give her a good dusting and the big dragon wriggled happily, rumbling her approval and following him around until they'd finished round one.

At which point Tal realized his companion wasn't going to let him leave so long as there was so much free entertainment to be had. He heaved a long-suffering sigh, figuring that Infirmary trip could wait a little longer, and gave a glum nod to Danta's next instructions. "I can find some sticks, I guess," he offered with his usual graciousness. "An' Boreal can light 'em up for us. Right, girl?" The mental image of fire shared between them earned an eager rumble of approval from the dragon, and Tal managed to coax her to come with him and hunt down old, broken down furniture in other parts of the Temple that they could break down further into the requested kindling.

Soon enough he had several good piles, and once Edmund was finished cleaning out the fireplaces he arranged the kindling with the precision and care of a native Halovian. Once he was done he stood back and unleashed Boreal on the unsuspecting wood, the hefty dragon romping from one fireplace to the next and lighting them up with gusto.

Tal gathers kindling and Boreal lights the fires!
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Change author:

Splat happily floated around and taking the 'snacks' that Edmund offered. It still mildly disturbed the Ancient to watch a floating void but the steady hum of satisfaction that came through the bond had him smiling softly. With how successful their sweeping had been so far, the young Ancient easily turned and began to sweep out the fireplaces.

As Splat continued to snack, Edmund sent a cautious glance towards Dantalion. He had a hunch as to what the older Ancient was up to, but only time would satisfy his curiosity. Though the statue of the Voice did make Edmund wonder if any had seen Mother's true face? At least, any who were still around?

~
Edmund and Splat sweep the fireplaces!

Edmund

Reborn In Fire
the Maverick

Change author:
Whatever Edmund's hunch, Danta has not had time, alas, to craft a statue of their beloved mother to stand alongside the Voice. (But that's a great idea, and there's always time later). But no, as the fireplaces are expertly cleaned out and lit with fresh kindling, there's no doubt that the Temple does start to look cozier and more welcoming even without extra additions.

But there are extra additions.

Having recruited a few others from outside to help him carry everything in, the Ancient arrives with a cast-iron fire bowl and a low pedestal for it to stand upon. Setting it up before the statue and its offerings, he offers a broad smile to both his fellow Ancient and to (poor, poor) Tal. "I thought something like this would be good for a centrepiece," he announces, withdrawing a sleek blade from his back pocket.

"But you know, it wouldn't really be for Dygra without spilling a little blood." So saying, he nicks the back of his hand and lets a few drips of thick crimson coat the inside of the bowl.

Be dearies and bleed into the fire bowl, won't you? (Or make your excuses, whatever. Danta won't be crushed or anything).
Dantalion
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Change author:

Edmund glanced at what Danta had brought and grinned, fangs bared. "Perfect." Although his hunch was incorrect, this was a wonderful start. The younger Abandoned's tail flicked as he waited for the vagabond to finish his offering. Splat meanwhile lurked high above the bowl, his edges blurring.

Once Danta finished, Edmund stepped forward and took his own knife from his hip. Slicing his palm and curling his fingers in, he held his fist over the bowl and let his blood fall. Their combined blood wasn't satisfactory alone, and Edmund glanced at Danta, "We should kill something and fully fill the bowl." The idea of violence made Splat rumble, coming to circle his bonded's shoulder. The darkling's anticipation echoed through their bond and Edmund shook his head with a small smile.

~
Edmund adds his own blood to the bowl and suggests that they fill it with a kill.

Edmund

Reborn In Fire
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Change author:
Alright, Tal couldn't deny that there was nothing like a nice, cozy fire in Leafchange. Having the hearths merrily burning and casting light throughout the old Temple to mingle with the daylight streaming in the now-sparkling windows really went a long ways to cheering the place up and softening the rough edges where a little fresh paint or masonry repair might still be needed. The courier found that in spite of his bedraggled appearance and Really Bad Day so far, this wasn't as much work as he'd feared. Hail, maybe he could even rest up a bit in here for a bit before he found that healer...

The clang of the metal bowl being set into position drew his attention back to what Dantalion had been up to, and covered the noise of frantic squeaking in a back corner of the room. The courier's nose wrinkled in confusion at the addition of yet another fire source when there wasn't even any snow on the ground, but the Ancient soon demonstrated its other purpose.

Tal eyed the bloody bowl dubiously and for a moment he teetered on playing along maybe - because it never hurt to have another god on your side in a pinch - but Edmund's bloodthirsty additional suggestion had the courier edging towards the door. "Yeaaahh... hard pass on all that," he demurred, wondering if it was time to head out after all.

Boreal, however, was way ahead of Edmund. The dragon trotted back from a dark side corner of the room, a dead rat held in her jaws and her head proudly high. She paced regally to the fire bowl and dropped the rodent in before turning her big, pale eyes up at Dantalion and sitting back on her haunches, just as pretty as a picture. After all, good dragons deserved treats, didn't they?

Tal says nah, but Boreal deposits a freshly-killed rat in the offering bowl!
the Maverick

Change author:
With eyes alight with dark glee, Danta is clearly impressed with his younger kin - both for the bloodletting and for the suggestion of filling the bowl to the top. "I would feel rude asking our new friend to volunteer," he croons, the implication clearly being that Tal might have sufficed for that purpose. And besides, even if he's a weenie reluctant to participate, is lovely dragon brings a morsel to help out. "Well look at that," he chirps, offering Boreal some well-deserved scritches to the top of her head.

"We can meet tonight," he suggests to Edmund. "Make a proper hunt of it." Slay a little offering, sate a little bloodlust. What's not to love?

For now, though? Clapping his hands together, Danta seems very pleased with the progress, and he fetches a few already burning logs (bare-handed, naturally) and adds them to the fire bowl, along with a stack of wood to keep feeding the flames.

"There's only one last thing to do," he announces, hurrying away and returning with a bottle of definitely-wine and three goblets. Pouring a generous measure into each, he hands them to his fellow acolytes and raises his glass. "To Dygra!"

Last but not least, let's toast to Dygra!

This marks the end of the PQ, so thank you for all of your help! No post order, but the last person to post, feel free to slap a FIN on it!
Dantalion
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Change author:
As much as Tal would have liked to tell Boreal to stop encouraging them, he was a little too busy feeling green around the gills at Danta's implication. He shot a suspicious glance at the slender blond, nose wrinkling as he tried to decide whether to be offended or to embrace his weeniness and get going while the getting was still good, but Boreal was busy soaking up the scritches with a happy rumble.

"Hey! Let's get goin'," he hissed at her when their host scampered briefly off, but the dragon pretended she couldn't hear him as she sniffed around the feet of the fire bowl instead, and so it was that the courier edged back into the Temple to try and grab her.

Gods, what must it be like to have a dragon the size of Sugar or Pip, who could just be picked up and held and carried away when they misbehaved?

...Probably lots of scratches on the arms and bite wounds on the hands, come to think of it, and Tal settled for snagging one of his big companion's curving horns just as Dantalion returned with the libations.

Well. He'd fallen off the sobriety wagon after the War, and if he was going to at least get a drink out of it, it'd be rude to refuse, right? Tal accepted a glass (sniffing the liquid dubiously to make sure it was definitely-wine) and then raised it hesitantly. "To, uh... Dygra, I guess? If that's your thing," he added to the toast, before taking a polite sip. And then a polite swallow. And then draining the glass because why the hail not?

"Look, it was, uh, nice meetin' y'both, but I gotta find that Infirmary," he apologized, handing the glass back and sidling towards the door, dragging his companion with him. "See you..."

Tal toasts Dygra and makes his escape!