Like Blood From A Stone
Peter Pikely

Age: 33 | Height: 5’3” | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Johnnie Offline
Change author:
MP: 87
Peter had fallen into a routine quickly, adapting to the new world he was in without too much thought. It was easiest, kept him safest. He woke up, helped Maea with what he could for as long as she wanted him to, then roamed, wandering through the settlement, following the same path nearly every day. It was something he could control, most of the time.

His routine had been interrupted, a rarity in itself, though the fact that he had been the one to change it was even rarer. He had been struck with a fit of restlessness, the simplicity of the farm feeling cloying. The settlement was no better, his usual paths not bringing him comfort like hey should have. The sound of people around him, the nearly physical feeling of eyes on him only heightening his anxieties. He needed to move, to get away from people. The temple offered refuge, dark, quiet refuge. Peter entered it, and moved to the back as quickly as he could. A single sputtering candle at the shrine caught his eye, enrapture him and drew his feet slowly towards it.

Gods were a story, a fiction to make people feel better, but... Peter could use something to make himself feel better. The core of fear, and confusion that he usually managed to keep tamped down roared against the back of his throat and eyes. After a quick look around, he summoned a thick black candle and a book of matches to hi hands, not knowing the transgression made in his attempt to mirror those who had come before him.

"I've never... I've never done this before." His tongue stumbled over the words as he lit the candle, setting it before him. "Back where um... where I came from, there's not uh... theres not gods. But, before, I was told that talking, just um... just out loud, might help. So... you don't have to listen to me. If um... if you're there." It felt silly, talking to himself in front of the shrine, but he could also feel some of the choking feeling in his chest fade away. Trying hard to not be so self conscious, he kept going. "I know that... being here means I'm not dead. But... it would be easier. I have to... I have to start all over. Find people to trust... and listen to. I just... I don't know how to... how to start."

Peter looked up at the shrine, and sighed. If he were in any position of power, he wouldn't listen to his stupid ramblings. There was no reason to believe gods would either. There was a reason he had only listened to orders before. Having someone to tell him what to do would make this so much simpler.

"I just... I need a place to start. Something to... to listen to, and follow." The words were still out loud, but more to himself now, the beginnings of some kind of plan.
Peter
try, try your
whole life
to be righteous
and good

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

No answer at all is an answer, isn't it?

Absolutely nothing happens.