deep dive
Open!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
Phoebe

Phoebe smiled at him kindly when Hadama spoke his next words. It was a kind gesture, given how personal the line of questions really were, and how sad the answers had just gotten. But she had committed to answering his questions and she would continue to do so. "I have told this story many times. I won't withhold details just because some are tough." she said with a slight shrug.

His next question actually wasn't so difficult for her though. "With the exception of my separation from Harper, I can't say I've had much negative experiences. But that's because Frey is kind and caring. They did not want me to participate in the war even. But demigods of other gods have had a harder time." she said, explaining that the nuance had to do with the gods particularities.
i'll make it feel like a vacay
turn the bed into the ocean
the Tidebreaker
King of the Merfolk / Chef

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 35 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 46 - Int: 0
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5305
Hadama inclined his head gratefully at Phoebe's willingness to speak of her experiences in spite of the pain. There was sadness in her eyes but also strength, and the mermanta let his respect and admiration for it show in the small obeisance. Thank you, he murmured through the mental bond, then grew silent again while she answered his other question.

He nodded slowly in recognition of what had happened with Harper. He had heard a little of the other man's history, and there had been pain on both sides. A task for Frey that had separated Phoebe from husband and child, with no chance to warn them or explain. But now he heard another side of Frey; one that had protected and sheltered.

Her mention of others, however, piqued his interest. Could you explain? he requested of her mention of other demigods. Was it gossip? Probably. But the stoic king of the merfolk collected gossip like a child walking along the shoreline collected seashells.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
Phoebe

Phoebe glanced at the mermanta king sidelong, a chesire grin curving her lips. "Is the king of the merfolk a gossiper?" she said teasingly. It was one thing to ask about her experiences, but to ask about the experiences of others? Information she only knew because of closeness? Well now, here was a side to the king she had not expected to find!

"Some of the gods are more demanding than others. Some are more strict. I think that has put a strain on the shoulders of some of my fellow demigods." she said with a slight shrug. "It's just like the different lands. Each place is ruled by someone different with different peculiarities and ruling styles and that directly affects the citizens."
the Tidebreaker

Age: 38 | Height: 6'6" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
He returned Phoebe's glance with one of his own, emerald gaze sparkling at the mischief in her tone. Mmh, was his hummed response. Not exactly an affirmative... but certainly not a denial as he added, innocent but for the laughter in his eyes. I keep my ears open. He did not often let the gossip he heard swim back into the ocean of rumors, but he quite enjoyed hearing it!

Phoebe's tact was both noted and admired as he nodded slowly in understanding of what she said. He had only ever sought out one goddess, but the occasional Drops games and gatherings of the other deities had given him a passing familiarity with them, in addition to the stories that inevitably spread after large events. Indeed. Thank you for answering my questions.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe

Hadama might have laughter in his eyes, but Phoebe had laughter on her lips as the mermanta explained himself. Of course there was no sound, a high pitched garble at best, as bubbles rose to the surface from her mouth. "A wise thing for a King to do." she said through the bond, grinning from ear to ear. Hadama seemed so stern and solemn, it was nice to see a different side of him.

She continued to smile at the mermanta as he thanked her for her answers. "You're very welcome. I am always happy to answer questions." she said. Phoebe was not one with many things to hide, and she was open and honest about her life with most people. Hadama was no different.
the Tidebreaker

Change author:
It took some time for the mermanta to warm up to people and begin to loosen the stoic facade, but he and Phoebe had worked together often enough now for him to be more comfortable around her, and to not hold so much back. He tilted his head an appreciation of her teasing compliment, the hint of a smile tugging at the corners of his mouth.

And I will answer yours, if you have any, he offered in trade for her willingness to share her experiences with him, both good and bad. His own life had not felt particularly exciting until the last few years, but not knowing whether she had spent much time with other Merfolk, he could at least offer insight into the ocean and his people.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
Phoebe

Phoebe was glad Hadama seemed more relaxed around her. The first time they had worked together, he had been so stoic and serious. Now, with a smile on his face, he seemed much more approachable and personable. But she supposed such a facade might be common among merfolk. He was the only one she knew though so perhaps such a broad assumption was short sighted.

"I am sure I will think of some at some point. But for now I should probably get back to the village." she said with a mental sigh. Work was never ending for a leader, as Hadama would know well. "Thank you for keeping me company. I hope to see you again soon." she said before surfacing. The Nightingale made her way back to shore, drying off before placing her light dress over herself again. Then she headed off, back into the wood.

{FIN}