Went to sea in a sieve
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
THE VALKYRIE
You bring clarity when I can't see past
All the places where I made my mistakes
Near the waters of the pools, spawned and sustained by the rarity of the element even in its sulfuric state, stand her quarry. Dream cacti are not overly hard to find in the desert, but she is not the only one foraging today, and she'd rather not waste too much time wandering or flying over the massive expanses of sand. Armed with a container and a sharp knife for extracting the spines, Hotaru wrinkles her nose slightly at the intense smell lingering near the pools and immediately deems them lesser than the hotsprings in Halo; no surprise given Frey had crafted them. Though that could also be the high she's riding from having visited Frey and been called one of their favorites.

"I've never seen the crabs around here - are they really big enough to be hunted for the brothel?" Hotaru calls it over her shoulder as she harvests the spines, curious as to whether the meat tastes the same and how the creature survives with so little water to be found.
Your love has turned me into something better
Elevate me with your love forever
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
THE FLOOD
// take my heart and make it feel,
take my soul and make it real
It’s true, the desert probably isn’t the best place to try and look for some things to shake up the House of Midnight’s cuisine. But that doesn’t mean there aren’t other options around. The crab that she speaks of in particular, though, has his nose wrinkling. “Well, it sounds like they’re fairly large. And magical. I’m not sure if that changes how they taste.” It probably would, he assumes, given that it’s a sand dwelling, carnivore versus the ocean tender crabs he’s used to collecting.

He shakes his head regardless as they trudge through, sporting clothes decked in as close to white as he can get, given the heat the desert still holds despite it being just on Deepfrost’s doorstep. “If nothing else there’s gotta be some kind of edible bird around here, don’t you think?” He poises the question to her, turning with a crooked smirk and a bounce of his scarred eyebrow. In the distance a small ways, there’s a few cacti that dot the surface, some that aren’t what Hotaru’s looking for but one seems oddly replenished enough to be exactly the thing she needs.
'cause i was bright, yeah I was pale and blue,
starry eyed by every thought of you //
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
THE VALKYRIE
It's almost scary how quickly things have become familiar once more; the physicality, the conversation, the shared mornings and evenings. She thinks about it more than she normally might have given Deimos' fierce disagreement and the way it nags at the back of her mind, but even second-guessing and wondering every few hours can't stop her from feeling simply and plainly happy. Even now she titters a laugh, envisioning giant crabs on pitifully small plates. "It would be a shame if they had hardly any meat, hm? Seems like something Rae would do." A giant crab with a carapace nearly as long as Hotaru is tall (all short jokes aside) having nearly no edible meat seems perfectly in line with Caido's hilariously bad luck.

Sunjata looks all the more tan with the white linen of his clothing, though the same could be said of Hotaru in her equally ivory dress. It makes it hard to focus on finding cacti to say the least - he's quite the distracting visual, and she still feels she has to make up for lost time. "Absolutely. Vultures at the very least - though your guests may complain about the taste." Her own playful smirk answers his, aware there are plenty of other birds they can hunt but never missing a chance to tease.

Following his gaze simply because she can't remove her own from him without prompting, Ru makes a pleased noise in the bottom of her throat and hurries her leisurely pace at the sight of the promising cactus. The spines are unmistakable, and she pulls on her gloves before shifting her hands to her Komodo scales in case any spines puncture through the fabric, setting about cutting the bases and carefully placing each one in her container. Though she trusts her shifted armor implicitly, there's no room for error.

The seed ghosts had been perfect for an introductory class at the Academy on healing, but a select few students (who had signed plentiful waivers) had consented to being dosed with the hallucinogenic spines in the name of learning to heal something more grievous than a welt. That doesn't mean Hotaru - with her plentiful trauma - wants to know what kind of nightmares the cactus could induce if she is sloppy. "Have you ever tried Third Eye?" Curiosity sparks the question, though she has no opinion on the drug itself or those who take it.
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
THE FLOOD
Her comment sparks a bright rumbling laugh from his chest, some unhappy agreement that it would be just their luck. “I guess we’ll have to crack one open and see? Provided it doesn’t try to eat us, of course.” His accented voice takes on an almost haunted, spooky sort of sound, as if the thought of it was frightening enough. He thinks they could handle it, though. He’s come face to face with far worse than a giant crab, after all.

He can feel her gaze on him, though, and it warms him up inside in a buzzing sort of happiness that’s at odds with the warmth from the desert around them and he can’t help but to cast his gaze back to her as she looks away to see where he’s spotted her precious cacti. “I was thinking a sandgrouse, perhaps. Or a road runner.” It’s contemplative and not entirely serious – even if he ended up with nothing out of this, he wouldn’t care because he got to spend the day with her.

Sunjata does keep his distance, however, as she plucks the spines – careful to stand in a way that casts his shadow over her to keep the sun from having more chances of burning her skin, but careful to not stand in the way that would block the spines on the cacti so she’d have every chance to see which ones she took. And as if, for the effort of taking the spines, Sunjata conjures some of his water magic to spread along the roots of the nearby cacti, thankful for the distraction as Hotaru poses her question.

Not intentionally.” He admits with a soft sigh. “I think my father was dosing me with it, though.” Instead of the sleeping sedatives he was prescribed – instead, having terrible, horrible hallucinations and memories. He’s suddenly reminded with the gut twisting sight of marble floors coated in blood, causing his hands to grow a little clammy, before he shifts the subject slightly. Not out of the way to let her know that something was wrong with the question – there wasn’t! – it was simply just to offer a different admission. “I admittedly was a fan of Snapdragon for a bit there after you and Nate left.” The first time, after Hotaru had left him officially and Nate had taken his break and he was left alone – seeking comfort in his grief in the Halenani.
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
THE VALKYRIE
His laughter is an auditory aphrodisiac that makes her grin like a girl, all bright eyes and sincerity instead of wolfteeth and superiority. He could talk about any manner of beast or (based on his affected tone) ghoul, it doesn’t matter to her - his easy smile and the sun lighting up his steel eyes would keep her captivated no matter the topic. Ru thinks, amused and chagrined, that maybe she has it worse than the first time she realized she loved him.

If he notices her lovesick staring, he doesn’t point it out. It would be a mercy if the words that filled the space instead were not so tragic. Ru’s hand spasms around her dagger, recalling that awful day on the cliffs watching her two most beloved from the crowd, unable to intervene. Useless. Extra. Maybe that’s where the first seeds of doubt had been sown.

“Some people don’t deserve Mort’s grace,” she grits out on a grumble more for her own ears than his, tone hateful. Only to soften and turn in his shadow to look into his face, grief and regret twinging in her chest. Instead of lingering on those dark days, the Valkyrie gives a small wry smile and drops one of the spines into her container with a thunk. “I drank myself sick for seasons after,” she confesses, and knows he will understand the gravity of that given her aversion to alcohol. “Halo is too tightly knit for most drug dealers to take hold though. I never had the option. Though I don’t know if I would have tried.” Alcohol had already stripped her of her revered control. Hotaru suspects drugs would drive her insane.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
THE FLOOD
He’s content to continue relishing in the gentle and easy conversation, in the jokes and jests they can bounce off of one another. But the conversations run a bit more sour, bitter, tragic, and he keeps himself closed off from the Attuned bond for the moment if only so she doesn’t have to feel the way his stomach twists and churns. He does, however, spot the way she turns to look back at him – his steel gaze darker in the shade of the sun that he offers her, a low rumble of a sound in agreement slipping from him because yes, he absolutely did hear her. “It’s a shame his body’s somewhere off in the ocean now. I’d have liked to burn it.” Maybe then he’d feel better than he did when he emerged from the waves after far too long.

He works his jaw, though, mostly as if running his tongue and teeth along his cheek where the scar Shaju had left him with sits when she speaks, nodding and stepping a little bit closer – trusting that she’s got the spines in good hands and well concealed the second she plunks them into the container. “Snapdragon is… euphoric. Much like alcohol it lowers inhibitions.” He murmurs, thoughtfully, before shaking his head slightly with a snort. “We keep some at the House of Midnight for those that request it for themselves.

Never to be given to whomever doesn’t want it, of course, but there’s there instance someone wants to give it a try and live a little. And who is he to deny that when he’d done literally the same? “That being said, if you did ever think you want to give it a try, I know a place.” He flashes her a wink, a jest at being suave bad boy for the sake of it, as if the entire time she’d known him he’d been a perfect saint.
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
THE VALKYRIE
Turning away to strip another spine, the Valkyrie bares her teeth at the cactus where Sunjata can only catch a glimpse of it on the corners of her mouth, more animal than woman. "Live dismemberment would have been better," she mutters darkly, then blows out a rush of air with a scowl, trying to temper her hatred. The man is gone and dead, lingering on the topic will only dredge up bad memories for Sunjata. Preventing that matters more to Hotaru than cursing Shaju's name.

With around ten spines in her container now, Ru snaps the lid closed and carefully sheathes her knife. She'll disinfect it thoroughly later. Removing her gloves by inverting them (no matter the fact it's an overabundance of caution with her hands still half-shifted with tough scales) and then burning them with a touch of magic, she watches the wind take the ashes off into the distance before turning back to Sunjata, appreciating the way he blocks the sun so she can look up into his face.

"I trust you if you consider it safe. Though I'd ask you to be sober to keep an eye on me if I do," she tosses back with a small grin. "Maybe lock me in the room so I don't do something ridiculous." Like go streaking through the House of Midnight, or try to swim in the field of flowers in the hills behind it where she'd kissed him. Ru isn't sure what sort of euphoria it will induce, but so long as Sunjata is there to take care of her, she thinks she'll be willing to release her tightly gripped control for a single night.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
THE FLOOD
What I’ve dreamed to do to him.” Sunjata murmurs, equally as dark and potentially bloodthirsty. But who could blame him? The root of so many of Sunjata’s problems and the entire reason he is the way he is was because of that vile, terrible man. But, at least, the conversation shifts and he doesn’t delve into the idea of reminding her of how his father had broken his wing, how Nate had pieced it back together. She knows those stories already. She knows him.

He stays lingering back from the spines until the jar is secured and he watches as the fire engulfs the gloves, watching the ash float away on a breeze before his eyes lock on her again, the offer made with a soft smile in response to her small grin. The idea of it, though, is one that has him stepping closer to her, hands seeking out her middle to pull her into him for an easy hug, if not playful in the sense of how his lips quirk into a smirk.

I will be.” He agrees without a single chance of her to doubt him. “And maybe to make you extra comfortable, we should borrow one of the rooms?” To be her ideal space in the first place, to have him there, what could be more comfortable for her?
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
THE VALKYRIE
Despite its importance to the Academy, Hotaru could not forget the container faster the moment Sunjata steps closer, sliding it back into her leather satchel without taking her eyes off him so as to give him her full attention - admittedly curious as to the change in his demeanor, which has taken on the edge of something impish and playful.

His swift assurance has her softening, nervous edges she hadn't known were prickling inside her skin crumbling away to leave her pliant and willing in his grasp as his arms wrap around her waist and bring her close. Though many will say actions speak louder than words, the immediacy is an action unto itself, and repetition will someday reassure her that her trust in him is not misplaced.

Sliding her own arms through his to wrap around his back, intrigue brightens her expression. Despite her frequent - and increasing - visits, Hotaru has yet to actually use one of the rooms in the House of Midnight. Her train of thought aligns perfectly with his own, tempted by the idea of a perfect environment paired with his presence. "Think we can talk the owner into it?" she teases, though the illusion hardly holds water. "I seem to have forgotten my wallet in Halo you see." Tilting her face upward coyly, Ru's hand idly rubs up and down his spine, never one to resist indulging in physicality once it's within her grasp.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
THE FLOOD
It’s as much a balm to distract him from the darker thoughts his father brings to mind – as well as a reminder that he’d succeeded in ensuring that Shaju didn’t get Hotaru as well, not like he’d gotten Nate and Vervain and anyone else he seemingly was close to at the time. So he indulges while he can, touch starved and greedy, melting as her arms wind around his middle in return, and he can’t help the low chuckle that leaves him as he peers down at her.

Mm, well, I’m sure he could be convinced. A barter, perhaps?” A suggestion, though without any true follow through. He’d do anything and everything he could to make sure she was comfortable if she wanted to try it, knowing deep down just how much she wasn’t a fan of losing control unless she had the comfort surrounding her. And he wants to be that for her.

He leans in to press a kiss to her forehead, far less intimate than the conversation they had perhaps been heading toward, and with his lips pressed against her forehead he speaks. “Might be enough to ward away the dragon.
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
THE VALKYRIE
As flimsy as the illusion may be, it delights Hotaru that he plays along so easily, no matter how childish. These small simple joys mean more to her than grand displays, but she can't think of anything grander in this moment than what he is already offering her; comfort, experience, the opportunity for exploration with as minimal fear as he can assure.

It may not be as intimate, but Ru melts into the touch of his lips against her forehead, the sun on their shoulders and the arid wasteland around them meaningless now as she hides her smile. Not that it matters - he'll feel her radiant joy through the bond all the same. "But the dragon is precisely what I want," she laughs quietly, arms tightening around him.

"Really though, I'd like that. Let's do it. When we get back, maybe?" There's no time like the present, and the journey will take plentiful time even if they fly. "If it wasn't so risky I'd encourage you to advertise it. I doubt any other brothels can say they have Snapdragon on demand." And Hotaru is all about being better than other people, even in a business sense. "Though I suppose I can't speak for whatever is available in Stormbreak." The only brothel she has yet to visit, though hopefully that will change soon.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
THE FLOOD
He relishes in these moments — of being childish and ignorant of everything else, ignoring the responsibilities and adultiness he typically has to exude given the responsibility that sat on his shoulders. And she plays along, melting into the gentle kiss he presses to her forehead, his arms growing more possessive as they settle around her and keep her close.

Well, we might be able to barter that in with the request.” For the right price, of course. But he pulls back slightly to flash her an amused smile regardless, tugging awkwardly at the torn through muscle the scar on his cheek provides. “We can.” He agrees, he doesn’t mind giving it a shot so long as she was comfortable.

As for the rest of it, well, he might advertise it if it weren’t for the ways that could go terribly wrong. “I thought about it. The Halenani had it, though I wasn’t sure if it was provided or the person I was with had it.” It’s contemplative and serious, before he draws quiet again in contemplation. “I just don’t want it taken advantage of.” Consent was the key there, as Hotaru would know given his history of getting drugged unannounced.

I also haven’t been to Stormbreak’s yet either…” It’s contemplative, wondering for a moment if it might be worth a shot to go and see it. He doesn’t know what he’d do there, though, imagining they wouldn’t take lightly to a rival brothel coming in to get tips and tricks.
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
THE VALKYRIE
Though the nerves will slowly start to awaken as the hours slip by, aware of what they have now planned soon coming to pass, Ru doesn’t regret her decision. With only her own heart and mind to guide her she has had to therapize herself to the best of her abilities, and lately that has been finding ways to prove to herself that she can trust him without fear of belated betrayal. It helps that an evening in one of the rooms sounds downright relaxing - far better than the scorch of sun across their backs.

“Mm, that’s why I think it’s too risky. But it will certainly inspire regulars.” Even if they can’t use it to draw in new visitors, they’ll ensure those who take a chance on the House of Midnight are inclined to stay. Ru can’t help but shake her head slightly, golden hair swaying as she laughs. “I blame you for getting me so invested in the success of a business that isn’t even mine. Then again, the Valkyrie has always been rather suited for politics, business, and other ventures that hinge on doggedness to succeed.

Despite the heat that worsens with their closeness, Ru doesn’t attempt to pull away just yet. “Neither have I - for obvious reasons. Though their new leader is apparently working on dismantling their Abandoned defenses.” It’s clear from her expression and tone that she is doubtful of how it will all play out. “Though I’m sure they’d love if you visited. Demigods are practically parade-worthy there I hear,” she teases, bumping her hip forward against his own with a grin.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
THE FLOOD
It would be too risky, but she understands, and Sunjata appreciates that far more than it might seem. Even when she blames him for getting her involved in a business that isn’t hers, he can’t help the laugh that leaves him. “It is yours, in a way.” What’s mine is yours, all that jazz. But he understands if she doesn’t want any of that involvement, already having so much to do for her own endeavors in the snowy landscape of Halo; a place he's still unwelcome in.

Their closeness does spark more of a sheen of sweat against his skin, but where he stands he’s mostly shaded, never mind how it draws out the dark freckles smattering his face. “Really?” He supposes it makes sense. Last he heard, Sohalia had taken up leadership, and the few short times he’d met her she’d been all together kind and warm. It doesn’t surprise him to see she wants to change the core values Stormbreak had.

At her next comment though, his face scrunches slightly. “See, everyone keeps telling me that but I don’t believe it’s the case for me.” And only because it’s her does he delve into the truth that people have speculated but he’d never admitted. “It’s a secret… But I, uh, brought the Ascended to Stormbreak for the battle. And after that I snuck in to get the last relic before the war. I didn’t get it, though because Remi and Ronin arrived. Melita too, I think, but I was distracted.” His nose wrinkles again at the memory before he sighs. “Remi choked me out and I woke up in the Judgment Needle shortly after.” Woke up in prison.

Wasn’t the first time.