Plot Advancing PQ Dripping Red
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Age: 18 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
SPLAT - Mythical - Darkling
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2935

It's finally time. Edmund takes a deep breath as he arrives at Frey's Breath. After months of collecting blood and blood like substances, as well as being hunted by unicorn-radicals and nearly being murdered, his quest is coming to a close. All that is left was to build the bloodbath and then inform Mother of its completion.

He recalls that Danta will be joining him and spread whispers to his fellow Ancients to inform any who they thought might help. Hopefully enough people would show up. As people arrive (and NPCs), Edmund hopes that today's work will go smoothly. Its for Mother after all. And although a bloodbath isn't necessarily a necessity, it's a luxury for his fellow Ancients. The Climb as a region already belongs to Mother, but this will be another landmark that declares this fact to ignorant outsiders.

~
Welcome to the PQ+ to build a bloodbath in the Climb! Please post your characters arriving and list anything that they've brought.

1. Edmund
2. Dantalion
3. Phoebe

Edmund has everything on his profile, blueprints for the bath, NPCs, rope, stone, mortar, shovels, pick axes, and any other construction materials that may be necessary. He also has a bow w/ 20 arrows and a dagger.

Edmund

Reborn In Fire
the Maverick
Theocrat of the Hollowed Grounds

Age: 35 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3101
Dantalion
but you can't be free
Danta hasn't been back to the Climb in a little while, given all the shit he's been up to in the Hollowed Grounds, and with the advent of Deepfrost he's definitely happy to give his true home a quick visit. Having been lounging in the hot waters of Frey's breath, it's only as he rolls against the stone and notices Edmund's arrival that he rises from the water, using a towel to dry himself off.

"Finally getting this done, huh?" he chirps to the young Ancient as he saunters over, having only bothered to clothe his bottom half, and Edmund is lucky to get even that much, honestly. "Tell me where you need me. I'm sure I'll be able to handle it." Maybe there'll even be some chaos to enjoy, like a rockslide, or rocksliders.

Danta arrives with himself. :B
'cause I'm selfish, I'm obscene
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Horns: Diamond - they look very similar to #2 in this image.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
Phoebe was...intrigued, if not a bit suspicious. First Jude tells her that Edmund killed a band of people in self defense, and now he was building a blood bath. Coincidence? Maybe. But she found there were very few coincidences in Caido. So she showed up, ready to work, in leggings and a long tunic top, hair atop her head in a perfectly messy bun.

She glanced over at Danta when she saw him and waved in greeting. At least there was someone she recognized. Then her honeyed gaze turned to Edmund and she clasped her hands infront of her. Time to see what this was all about.
and then there's me, always waiting for you
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Age: 18 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

Edmund's tail flicks as Dantalion arrives, "Yes." His eyes narrow for a moment and he lets out a shaky breath, "There was a complication...of sorts that delayed it." A few desperate and unplanned murders were the result, but he was finally here and ready to start. An unfamiliar face arrives, and Edmund gives them a wave, "Nice to meet you. I'm Edmund."

Once the last few NPCs arrive, Edmund addresses everyone. "Thank you all for coming. We'll begin shortly. The goal is to build a bloodbath for Ancients to recover from stasis in. There's lava around already, but it seemed fitting that both options be available."

Nodding he gestures to the blueprints, "Let's get started."

~

Round 1! Edmund will take what's left. No post order.

1. Use the blueprints and rope to mark out the perimeter of where the bloodbath will be.
2. 2 people can begin clearing debris from the marked area.

Feel free to instruct NPCs to help you.  

Edmund

Reborn In Fire
the Maverick

Age: 35 | Height: 6'0 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Dantalion
but you can't be free
With a smile curling across his lips and a devious little bow to Phoebe, Danta forces himself to listen to Edmund's instructions rather than finding excuses to flirt with the gorgeous demigoddess.

As it happens there's plenty to do, and so it's with a lamenting huff that he gets to work. Whistling for the attention of a couple of the NPCs volunteers, he gathers them together and starts to corral them into helping to remove the debris.

Danta, of course, acts as foreman in all of this, shifting into a gore crow and perching on the shoulder of the burliest volunteer so he might peck at the man's bald head to let him know when he's getting it all wrong.

Danta corrals some NPCs, shifts into a gore crow and tactically organises the removal of debris!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
PHOEBE
In Danta's defense, the devious little bow did elicit a laugh from the demigoddess. She turned her attention to Edmund though, instead of any ongoing antics. "It is good to meet you officially, Edmund. I'm Phoebe, Jude's mother." she said with a warm smile. But those who knew her might've noted the guarded expression in her eyes.

It seemed cleaning debris was well handled once work started, so Phoebe gathered her own set of volunteers and set them to the task of placing stakes and rope. She worked alongside them, hammering stakes into the ground while others followed behind, tying ropes into place.

Phoebe and some volunteers place stakes and rope!
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Change author:

Edmund visibly brightens at Phoebe's introduction, the shadows from his eyes clearing. "Really? I thought you looked familiar. It's nice to officially meet you!" The resemblance between the woman and Jude suddenly makes sense. He returns her smile with one of his own, albeit a genuine one. Though the smile dims drastically at his next question, "How is Jude? I spoke with him recently and..." He shakes his head as grief and sorrow clearly color his next words, "I guess it was wishful thinking to hope that I would be the only one having nightmares after that."

They begin to work and maybe Dantalion's dreams of leadership aren't that far off. The older Ancient is able to lead his group with absolute ease. They move like a well-oiled machine and with Edmund and Splat working alongside them, the debris are soon removed. The area that the bath will be built is now smooth and ready for construction.

Meanwhile Phoebe has a bit more trouble. She has to retie some ropes and replace a stake or two but soon the perimeter is marked.

"Fantastic! Now we just need to start digging. Grab some shovels and pickaxes and let's go."

~
Good job everyone! Round 2. No post order.
1. Everyone dig! (Feel free to grab some NPCs again).

Edmund

Reborn In Fire
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Phoebe could sense Edmund's genuine concern for Jude in his next questions, and it made her heart soften for him a bit. Maybe she was jumping to conclusions and judgements too quickly. It was easy for a parent to do when feeling protective of their child. "He will recover, and so will you. Caido is a world that steels your heart over time." she said in a motherly tone.

But it was to work they went, and tying off the perimeter proved more difficult than she had anticipated. Taking more care with the fixes she finally secured everything in place with a sigh. Now it was time to dig. Directing the volunteers that had helped her before, she grabbed a shovel and set to the task, shovelling out dirt as those with pickaxes softened the ground.
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
the Maverick

Change author:
Dantalion
but you can't be free
Feeling very good about himself, Danta preens his feathers from his impromptu foreman's shoulder while they clear the debris for the bath; he'd have asked about Jude, but to be frank, he doesn't care. Only when Edmund confirms that they're onto their next bit of construction does he hop off his employee's shoulder and shift back into himself, seizing a shovel and whistling for his NPCs volunteers.

Just as Phoebe has done, he allows those with pickaxes to churn up the dirt and rock before shovelling it away, though there's no method to his work. By the time they are done there will be small piles of new debris all over the place, rather in one neat area.

Danta digs!
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Change author:

Phoebe's words reassure Edmund and smiles softly, "Thank you."

They dig! And dig some more! It goes...decently? Phoebe is able to carve out her portion of the bath with some trouble but between her and the volunteers she delegates, they succeed. Edmund and Dantalion struggle immensely. Perhaps the stone where they are is just too dense, but they barely make a dent. Yet not all hope is lost. Some of the volunteers step up and help the two finish and the basin for the bath is d. It's plenty deep enough for people to rest in.

Regrouping, Edmund glances at Dantalion's mess, unimpressed. "Well, ok then. Time to deal with that. And to add some quest ingredients into the mortar."

~

Round 3! No post order. Edmund will take what's left.

1. One person to work with NPCs to clear Danta's debris
2. One person to crush the bark of the Hanging Tree and debris from the River Star’s meal (its the skeletal remains of a lizard) and mix them with mortar.
3. One person to work with the NPCs to smooth out the basin of the bath.

Edmund

Reborn In Fire
the Maverick

Change author:
Dantalion
but you can't be free
Who is going to clean Danta's mess? You're correct - not Danta.

Immediately more interested in the skeletal remains of the lizard, the Ancient calls shotgun by gathering up the quest ingredients and promptly taking them off towards the mortar.

Luckily there's plenty of rocky debris about for him to create an appropriate pestle and mortar sort of space, and he spends some time grinding bark and bone until he deems it fine enough to pour into the mixture being prepared.

(Whether or not this is up to Edmund's standard is entirely left for debate).

Either way, mixing the mortar up and feeling quite pleased with the progress, he turns to spy on the others to see how it's going.

Danta deals with the quest ingredients!
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Phoebe glanced at the mess Danta had made and...yeah she was not cleaning up another man's mess. She had her son and his laundry for that. No, that would be Edmund's problem. The perks of being the foreman she supposed.

Calling the volunteers together again, she set to smoothing out the basin. Using the backs of the shovels, they patted down the soil alongside the volunteers. It was meticulous work, smoothing the rough ground and squaring off edges. But with time the work would be done. She glanced over at the other two to see how they were getting on.

Phoebe smooths the soil!
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Change author:

Although the NPCs prove absolutely useless this time, it doesn't matter. Dantalion crushes his task without any trouble. The bones and bark are a fine powder indeed and they mix perfectly into the mortar. Not only that, but he's speedy enough that they now have enough mortar mixed for the tasks ahead of them.

Phoebe has minor trouble thanks to the NPCs being idiots, but with some elbow grease, she's able to smooth out the basin until it's polished safe to walk on without having to check every step. Part of that success is owed to Edmund who manages to remove all of the debris left in Dantalion's wake with a combination of manual labor and his fire magic.

Edmund calls everyone over once their tasks are complete, "Excellent. The actual basin is done. Now onto the actual construction."

~

Round 4! No post order. Edmund will take what's left.

1. Two people to use stone and mortar to build a pillar in the center of the basin. (Think high enough to be above the 'water' line but still low enough for people to reach the top of.)

2. One person to collect lava stone from their surroundings with the NPCs.

Edmund

Reborn In Fire
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Phoebe was glad that for the most part her task went smoothly with only minor hiccups. It seemed the other two were successful with their tasks as well. It was nice when things went swimmingly like this. It made for an enjoyable experience.

But there was still more work to be done. Clambering out of the hole with the other volunteers, she led them to some baskets. With those gathered, they set out to the surrounding area, picking up lava stone as they went. She was curious what it would be used for, but she supposed she would find out in time.

Phoebe and crew collect lava stone!
BASE INSPIRED BY ODD <3