come what may
For Jata and Frey
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
PHOEBE
Phoebe arrived at the shrine at the agreed upon time and place, waiting for Jata to make his appearance. In her arms she held a basket of the last few peaches she had from the year. Carefully she placed it on the shrine, then tugged her cloak close. She hated Deepfrost. The cold seeped into her bones and left a chill she would struggle to recover from.

Glancing over her shoulder as she heard a noise, she saw her fellow demigod arrive. "Hello, Jata." she said in greeting. Then she waited for him to place his blindfold on. It was odd, certainly, but she had seen far stranger things in Caido. Looking back at the shrine she took a deep breath. "Frey, Jata and I wish to speak with you." she said, calling out to their shared parent god.
I look up to the little bird
The flies across the sky
And I, I wish that I could be that bird
And fly away from here
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
// i came from a broken home, so look at all my broken bones
count me in, but count me out, i know what this is about //
The arrangements have been made and Sunjata finds himself in the Greatwood again after what felt like (or quite possibly were years since). He’s brought his own offerings too, a few ripe apples that he’s plucked from King’s End before the first frost.

Hey Phoebe.” He greets her easily with a smile, crooked in how it tugs at his cheek. But he steps up to place his offering alongside her own before stepping back to slip the blindfold on, thinking at the last second it would be easier this way rather than reopening old wounds.

If you have the time.” His accented voice finishes her comment as he faces the shrine right beside his ex-wife.
the flood
// i'm the next, so get in line
just let me have my fucking time //
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Warmth immediately blooms around the pair, pushing back the chilly Deepfrost heaviness that lingered like some tangible cloud around them. Beads of sweat would appear instantly at the bases of their necks if they continued to keep their thick layers close.

"Look at the two of you." Frey purrs proudly, appearing resplendent before both Nightengale and Flood. With features well-known to their chosen by now, it's with a decadent sigh that they stretch their hands above their head, tugging each and every muscle into place with exquisite ease, before passing on that same feeling of utter relaxation to both Sunjata and Phoebe. "So nice to see you together again, isn't it?"

Stepping forward, they tug Phoebe close, pressing their lips against her forehead and drawing her into a hug. Their embrace will feel as if it sinks down right into the Nightengale's bones, cuddling the cells of her body and lavishing every inch of her skin with attention. Turning to Sunjata, the god trails a finger of the blindfold for a moment, humming something under their breath, before embracing him in precisely the same way.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
PHOEBE
As warmth spread over her, Phoebe released her hold on her cloak, unpinning it so it could fall away. "I see you brought Longheat with you." she teased with a smile, watching as they stretched and formed into familiar shapes. Though Phoebe noticed Frey was beginning to look less like Harper and more like a handsome man of any variety. It soothed her heart to know that perhaps she was moving on.

"Only by your will." Phoebe reminded with a wry grin. Jata and she had not come together of their own wills, but because their god had wished it. Not that it was a bad thing. Thus far their friendship had been relatively easy.

As she was pulled into a hug, she wrapped her arms around Frey's waist and kissed their cheek. Then she rested her head on their shoulder, content to snuggle for a moment. She was touch deprived as of late, so it was a very welcome gesture. But they did not call on Frey just to snuggle and show off their budding friendship. There were hard questions to ask.

"People are buzzing about potential danger heading towards Caido once again. And you mentioned to Jata that you felt something was amiss a few seasons ago." she said with a tired sigh. "We just wish to be prepared and hoped you could expound on what you mentioned before."
The flies across the sky
And fly away from here
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
The warmth is a beautiful addition, already alleviating some of the tension born in Sunjata’s bones. He shrugs out of the outer jacket, left in a soft cream sweater that hugs his form, blindfolded away from viewing his deity, but ever as appreciative as ever for their arrival to the both of them.

It has gone better this time around.” He offers easily over his and Phoebe’s reconnection. They’d actually had decent conversations that didn’t result in either of them losing their tempers. He considers that progress.

It isn’t long before he feels the trace of Frey’s finger along the blindfold, but he can’t make out the muttering under their breath. All he can do is hope that maybe one day he’ll be better prepared to view them. But for now, this will have to do, and it doesn’t stop him from sinking into the hug that Frey offers him just after Phoebe, his body relaxed and content and thriving. He’s more than content to let Phoebe do most of the talking, but he does tack on a little addition at the end. “If there’s anything we can do or make to help in case things get bad again, we will.” Just as he had made the safe haven before. If it meant protection, saving lives, he would.
the flood
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
"Buzzing." Frey repeats, humming out the word such that both Phoebe and Sunjata would feel the vibrations of it on their own lips. Preferring to simply sit in the resplendent heat that they'd brought with them, the deity opts to lay back on one of the stones, seemingly unbothered by it sharp edges.

"I will let you in on a little secret, my lovelies.." Pausing only to conjure up a pear in one hand, turning the shape over in their fingers with obvious pleasure. "There will always be danger in Caido. Something with always be coming, always on the horizon. That is merely how life works." They say before crunching into the soft green-white skin of the pear.

"For the very small fauna that is disturbed when you lot build some new building or go traipsing through the jungles or forests, cataclysm is always just a day away. That you are larger and not subjected to stomping feet or expansion doesn't mean you are somehow less vulnerable to it, it...just comes in different forms." So saying, they roll onto their side, appraising Phoebe and Sunjata for a moment before shrugging.

"As for what you must do? Do what every other species does. Prepare. Plan. Become stronger. There is no need to wait for armageddon to knock on your door before thinking that perhaps you should do something about it."
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Phoebe touched her lips, feeling the vibration which made a small laugh escape them as it tickled in a way. Frey's magic never ceased to amaze her.

As Frey shifted she knelt on the ground before them, the snow not seeming to effect her from the warmth Frey imparted. Quietly she listened, taking in their words, wise as always. But in terms of becoming stronger...her eyes cast down. She was mostly a healer. Strength was not her greatest...well...strength. But Frey would not want her sulking. She sighed and straightened.

The Nightingale looked up at Frey once more. "How would you bid we prepare and become stronger?" she asked.
The flies across the sky
And fly away from here
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
The vibration to his lips has him humming a soft sound, lips quirking in a small lopsided smile. He remains silent, though, hearing Frey’s voice get slightly further away as they settle, Sunjata remains standing while he can hear the way Phoebe shifts to her knees.

He pushes up the sleeves of his sweater thanks to the warmth, chin lowered as understanding dawns on him again. Nature is nature, life is life, and there will always be something around the corner even if the thought of it makes him feel wary and already tired before it’s even started.

He puts those feelings away immediately, though, nodding his head, head tilting slightly toward Phoebe when she speaks, hearing the note of uncertainty in the sigh she gives. And he knows that in the dynamic they have that he is the strong one, the blade, while she heals and protects. So he needs to start training again, focusing on gaining more magics and utilizing his shifts, instead of trying to simply spend the years past the war relaxing.

And is it possible that the refuge could be utilized again if necessary?
the flood

Change author:
"Strength is not merely brawn, my Nightengale." Frey says with an amused tut. "Grow your healing. Strengthen your ability to protect others. Have more sex; there's plenty to do, really." Shrugging, they flash a smile in Phoebe's direction before casting their eyes upon Sunjata. Despite the blindfold, the Flood will feel the warmth of the deity's gaze.

"Of course, that's what it's there for. Everything seemed to go well enough last time, didn't it?" They raise their eyebrows softly. "If there is anything more you'd have it do, I suppose now is the time to ask."
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
The Nightingale couldn't help but laugh. Of course Frey would tell her to have more sex. "With who?" she said, only half joking. She didn't exactly have a list of suitors lining up for a good time. But that seemed more like a side item. Grow her healing and defense abilities? That she could do.

"How can I strengthen my defensive abilities?" she asked Frey. But her gaze turned to Jata. Did the Refuge need something additional? If it did she would be willing to help of course. They would have to work together to prepare for whatever it was that was potentially heading their way.
The flies across the sky
And fly away from here
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Surprisingly for Sunjata, at least, more sex is something he’s managed to do as of late. But he nods his understanding to what Frey means specifically for Phoebe’s own ability growth. It’s something he could work on too, at least, having only water and the ability to grapple with it for the moment.

As for the refuge, he hasn’t thought of whether or not things could be added to it or changed and it’s that thought that has him thinking on his feet before exhaling a small sigh, a small half smile. “Will it work for Ancients as it did for Ascended?” Comes the quiet question, before realization hits again. “And as for its activation… Will we have warning before as we did last time?” So many questions and none of them any fun, but necessary as to whether he’ll think about it needing adjustments, and that’s what sparks the apologetic smile that spreads across his face toward Frey.
the flood

Change author:
"My darling one, if that was really something you need me to answer, you have bigger problems than whatever doomsday Safrin is calling for." Frey says with a Cheshire grin, their eyebrows bobbing suggestively. 'I only mean that enjoying yourselves is part of preparation as much as anything else. Maybe the world will end, and if it does, best that you look back on your time and feel it was well spent, mmm?" As for strengthening her abilities? By questing, obviously. "By asking nicely, of course." They say with a chuckle. "If you have anything on your mind now I'm all ears."

Turning their focus to Sunjata, the deity considers for a moment before nodding. "No reason it wouldn't." They say of the Refuge's abilities in regards to Ancients. "That is not something I had considered. The war was...cut and dry from our perspective. Human fighting always is. But I have no idea what exactly Safrin is out there doing. It might be worse off to close the area entirely without knowing just what sort of threat is coming."
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
PHOEBE
Phoebe couldn't help the small blush at Frey's playful chastizing. Of course Frey would think not having sex partners was worse than the potential end of the world. But he did have a point. She was a little starved for physical attention. Maybe she ought to visit Jata's brothel again...

The thought alone made her face turn bright red.

"Would you pretty please help me make my defensive abilities stronger? Maybe last longer?: she asked in as sugary a tone as she could muster, her own Cheshire grin on her lips. Her eyes turned to Jata though as he conversed with Frey. She didn't know much about how the refuge worked, so she stayed silent on it, hoping to absorb some information.
The flies across the sky
And fly away from here
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
It’s always something that he forgets, that he can simply ask to strengthen his abilities instead of hoping and training more for the surprise he might get more options to choose from. So he filters it away for later, listening as Phoebe makes her request before he speaks over the Refuge and it’s usability.

He does agree, though, that having it closed off as it once had been. “Is there a way to add a barrier to it where it doesn’t lock us away but perhaps… Prevents anything with ill intent toward the inhabitants from finding it?” He doesn’t know how it would work, just that it’s the only thing that comes to mind. Keeping it hidden the second things start to go south, just in case.
the flood