let it glow
For Frey
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 32 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 41 - Luck: 41 - Int:
PIM - Mythical - Dragon (Electricity) BRANBAST - Mythical - Sear Cat (Speech)
Played by: Grant Offline
Change author:
MP: 1825
 The
Nightingale
Deepfrost was apparently the time for visiting the gods, as Phoebe found herself with more requests and questions than she had had in some time. Perhaps since before the war. But for the first time she did not come on behalf of herself, but of the people she now represented. There was a lot of work to be done to improve the quality of life in the Greatwood, and the intervention of the gods was called for.

And she could think of no better god to ask for help from than Frey. They were, after all, the god of nature (and sex but that was nature in a way too she supposed). Setting a jar of mixed berry preserves she had made just for Frey, she looked up at the shrine. "Frey, if you have time, I've a request to make on behalf of the citizens of the Greatwood." she called out.
little birds sing even after a storm
Code blatantly stolen from Sky

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
"You're here as a mouthpiece, are you kitten?" Frey wonders, warming the air around Phoebe with their presence.

Appearing cross-legged on a large stone, the deity looks up at the Nightengale with a crooked smile on their lips, before beckoning her closer. "Go on then" They encourage, sitting up slightly straighter and giving Phoebe the full weight of their attention.
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Age: 26 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:
 The
Nightingale
Phoebe smiled when Frey appeared, happy to see them as always. "It is part and parcel with the new job." she said, knowing Frey would already know she had taken up the mantle of leadership in the area. They knew everything that happened it seemed.

She took a few steps closer as she was beckoned, grateful for the warmth her god provided. "Candles for light at night pose a threat to the Greatwood and frankly do not do much to provide light without many around." she said, starting with the problem and reasoning. "I was wondering if there was some way we could create better light sources for the streets and homes that could be turned on and off. I know some plants give off light, but something even brighter." she said, making the request.

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
Tutting under their breath at the thought of a job, still they shrug their broad shoulders before nodding.

"Even brighter than the brightest of Rae's creations?" They wonder, eyebrows raised. Where this anyone else they might have received a tongue lashing from Frey, and not even the fun kind, for suggesting that what Rae had created was somehow not good enough. But this was not just anyone, but Phoebe, and so rather than chastizing her, Frey simply slipped forward and draped their arms around her.

"Perhaps you and I could create something new in the Greatwood. A species made special, just for this?"
Phoebe Steadman
the Nightingale
Midwife

Change author:
 The
Nightingale
Phoebe nodded emphatically, not realizing that what she proposed was some type of sacriledge in Frey's eyes. "Bright enough to light a whole room or the streets!" she said with excitement. She always thought and planned big, why stop now.

Her arms naturally snaked around Frey, looking up at them lovingly. Make something new with Frey? That was exactly the thought. "Yes! That would be perfect. Something new and unique to the Greatwood." she said brightly. "How would we go about such a thing? I can't even imagine where to start." she said. Making a new species seemed a daunting task to the demigoddess who only barely understood cells.

Change author:
"I can." Frey purrs, smoothing down Phoebe's golden hair with their hands and grinning. 'You get me a few bits and bobs and I'll do the rest." Leaning forward they press a kiss to the Nightengale's forehead, before glancing up at the sky with a mischievous smile.

Tasks. There is no time limit. There are currently 4 active GreatWoodpeckers. This means 2 unique characters have to participate. Characters can participate more than once. Phoebe must participate in at least 2 threads.

1. Collect shed luxere antlers
2. Collect Magic Mushrooms
3. Collect Glow Stones
4. A PQ of at least 2 Greatwood Peckers corralling 10 Will-O-Wisps toward the Shrine before you turn the quest in (So the PQ should be outside of the shrine board).