Soleil

Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by:
Change author:
MP: 0
Soleil
I was born a lover
And I will die that way
Now, Soleil doesn’t really drink. She’s sort of that almost unbearable ‘I’m drunk on life!’ type of person, preferring to dance and try all manner of bar food than get sloshed. However, in Soleil’s mind, trying out fruity cocktail after fruity cocktail and leaving them half-finished to acquire a delightful buzz is different.

Oblivious to the various people vainly trying to snag her attention, Soleil sits humming in a corner of the bar, scribbling notes in a cute little journal she has propped on one thigh. Occasionally pausing to tap her pen against her lip, she pouts contemplatively. “Is it worth it though? Bottles are such a pain to lug around,” she sighs, ankle bouncing as she mutters to herself. It’s clear she’s from out of town given her shorts and bikini top, but the chill of the ocean hadn’t bothered her much as a Halovian, and the Miana’s shallower waters had been downright refreshing. A perfect start to her Deepfrost.
Lavender forever, kiss it till it's better
Honey sticky fingers for life
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Age: 19 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
SPLAT - Mythical - Darkling
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3000

Edmund needs a break. The construction of the guild, his quest, and recent traumatic events weight heavily on his shoulders. He's only ever had a little alcohol, but the bar is away from the crowded streets and is dark. It's enough to have the Ancient walking in. The bartender recognizes him despite it being his first time here, and quickly rushes over to take his order. Edmund's not sure if it's because of Maeve or Harper, but he appreciates the gesture.

Picking up his drink, (he thinks the bartender called it a whiskey sour?), he looks for a place to sit. Spotting an open stool, he walks over and pauses when he recognizes who's sitting beside it. "Hi, Soleil." It was a nice surprise to see one of his guildmates, even if his ears turn a little red as he recalls how she called him 'cute'. His tail flicks nervously at his side as he speaks.

Edmund

Reborn In Fire
Soleil

Played by:
Change author:
Soleil
I was born a lover
And I will die that way
Soleil has become accustomed to the coming and going of people next to her over the past hour or so, their 'going' usually inspired by her lack of interaction with them. The few drinks that had been presumptuously bought for her had merely been included in her graveyard of taste-testing and she had continued in her merry, distracted fashion.

That is, until she actually recognizes the person who sits down next to her.

"Edmund!" Soleil sets her journal down haphazardly, eagerly spinning on her stool to face him as her legs come down and she leans into his space with an easy elbow on the bartop, granting him her full attention. "What brings you here? Awfully bold place for a date," she teases, though given her naturally sunny disposition it's far easier to swallow and more kindhearted in nature, playful instead of snide.
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Age: 19 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

Edmund's tail curls as Soleil enthusiastically greets him. He sits down on the stool beside her now that he knows his presence is welcome. "I just wanted to get away from the crowded street for a bit." The young Ancient nearly chokes on his drink when he takes a sip just as Soleil speaks.

Letting out a small cough, Edmund ducks his head to hide the sudden redness on his face. "Soleil!" Sputtering he gives her an attempted stern look that looks more like a pout, "I'd never bring a first date here. First dates deserve cafés or picnics on the beach."

Trying to collect his composure he turns the questions onto her as he eyes her army of half-finished drinks, "What brings you here?"

Edmund

Reborn In Fire
Soleil

Played by:
Change author:
Soleil
I was born a lover
And I will die that way
Edmund seems the type to get a little overwhelmed by the busy Torchline streets, but even in her head, it's thought with an endeared tone. She might not relate, but it's quite cute. "Say, you're from Torchline right? Is it normally this busy in Deepfrost?" It's conceivable given it's warmer here than nearly every other region (the settled regions at least). Is that not why Soleil herself is here?

Distracted by Edmund's intensely flustered reaction, Soleil tries not to laugh too much lest he get the wrong idea and assume she's being mean, even as it escapes her all the same. "I never said first date! Just a date." Winking, she leans over her notebook toward him. "I didn't know you were such a romantic though. Have you been on a date yet?" He could sweep quite a few young women - or men! - off their feet with that approach.

Reminded of the journal in her hands, Soleil sits straighter and unveils it, planting it on top of the bar and spreading the pages wide. "I'm preparing my adventuring bag for Deepfrost! I'm trying to decide what I can't live without, since I can't carry all that much." Elegantly, the hand holding her pencil waves around in the air, dismissive. "Necessities aside of course, since I'm still just exploring the settled regions." The wilds will come next, but only when she has more experience under her belt. Until then, most markets and inns will supply her with the basics.
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Change author:

Edmund nods, "It is. I used to be acclimated to it all, but I've been away from home too long." He glances at the crowd outside, "I'll get used to it again soon enough." In just a few short seasons his life has changed exponentially. On some days, his whimsical childhood almost feels like a lifetime ago.

The Ancient is well aware that Soleil's teasing is in good fun, otherwise, he would have left already. As it is, he fiddles with the hem of his jacket sleeve. "No. I was too busy after I aged up." Cheeks and ears bright red he glances away, "I've never liked someone like that before." It was probably why he was so easily flustered by such things.

Grateful for the change of subject, Edmund leans forward to see his guildmate's journal. "Add rope to your bag. You may only need it once, but it could save your life." Tapping her writing he adds, "And double your rations. Even if you plan to eat at restaurants, things happen."

He pauses, tail flicking in thought. "I don't think I could live without those. Or my Mother's guidance." He's only spoken to Dygra twice, but every interaction taught him something new about the world and himself.

Edmund

Reborn In Fire
Soleil

Played by:
Change author:
Soleil
I was born a lover
And I will die that way
Where most might pry, Soleil merely takes Edmund’s revelation at face value. Considering her own adventurous spirit, there might not be a particularly interesting story even if she did pry. Not that she isn’t still curious - but his fluster and embarrassment is far more entertaining material, and it’s already right there.

“Eh, you’ve got time!” Her bright response is simultaneously reassuring and flippant. “But dates don’t have to be a big deal right away. I mean, I think you’re cute, but I don’t know you very much, right?” Soleil gestures with loose, natural grace at the bar they’re sitting at, the way their bodies are turned toward each other to converse easily. “So a date would be like this for me - seeing if we jive past the surface, yeah?” Her warm smile is encouraging. He can be as romantic and straight-laced as he wants, but having gone one a few basic dates herself, she hopes he doesn’t end up discouraged if he comes across someone who wants to take a more casual entry route to love.

Still, it’s clear he’s a little uncomfortable with the topic. It’s a bit sad to her really, but he’s not the first she has seen struggle with discomfort over something Soleil finds incredibly natural. Then again, for all his dread at the idea of Sol dating, her father had always been upfront and open to answering any of Soleil’s million questions. No topic has ever been taboo or ‘unseemly to talk about’.

Letting him change the topic at his leisure, Soleil bites her lip and narrows her eyes contemplatively at her journal. “Hmm, true, I’ll add that. But I was thinking more…things I can live without in a survival sense, but things I can’t live without in a self-fulfilling way.” As a lover of casual speech, sometimes Sol can come off as shallow and simple, but given the knees she’d been raised at in Halo she can easily switch modes. “Mostly I’m trying to figure out a way to carry my family with me without risking losing or breaking something sentimental. So I was thinking a locket?” With either their portraits or perhaps even a lock of hair?
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Change author:

Edmund lets out a contemplative noise. "I guess that makes sense." Causal sounds like less pressure and frankly, the idea certainly appeals to the young Ancient. Perhaps if he'd remained in Torchline he'd have become more comfortable with such topics. Maeve would have certainly answered any he posed. Yet he doesn't regret a thing, even if he's severely disadvantaged on matters of the heart.

Soleil elaborates and Edmund easily settles into the conversation. "My little brother carries a keychain that I made him." Resting his chin on his hand and tapping the bar with his fingers, the Ancient considers just what else might count as a sentimental item. "What about letters? I keep all of the letters I exchange with my family and read them when I'm having a rough day." He probably couldn't live without those letters either. They were a reminder of why he's taken the path that he has and a source of strength.

Edmund

Reborn In Fire
Soleil

Played by:
Change author:
Soleil
I was born a lover
And I will die that way
Not one to shove her ideologies onto others, and rather content she’d made him think it over at all, Soleil merely smiles beatifically and lets the topic drop. Besides, there’s the bits of information Edmund drops about himself to consider, and Soleil makes a crooning noise in her throat at the prospect of a little brother. “That’s so sweet! I have a brother too - a twin.” The light of her life, and one of the main reasons why adventuring doesn’t take up all of her days. It’s also the reason why she’s making this list of necessities.

“That’s a good idea!” She keeps them all regardless, but has never opened them up just to read back over them, more inclined toward physical items than words on a page. That doesn’t mean she isn’t willing to try. Content with the last thing she scrawls in her journal, she shuts it and lays it on the bar only to fold her arms on top of it, resting her cheek on her forearm and eyeing him from beneath a few stray curls. “Soooo, what are your plans for Deepfrost? Guild plans included if you’d like.” If he’d rather keep the topic on business she’ll give him the out, but now seems as good of a time as any to get to know him a bit.
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Change author:

Edmund smiles softly, "A twin? What's his name? My little brother's name is Jude. We're technically not related being stepbrothers, but I love him." And he's another thing that the Ancient can't live without. If something happened to Jude, Edmund doesn't know what he'd do. Jude is precious to him and keeping Jude safe was one of the very things that drove Edmund to become an Ancient.

The mention of Deepfrost plans has Edmund thinking for a moment. "I was thinking that maybe I should throw a grand opening party for the guild before the weather gets too cold. As for when the cold comes, I'm not sure. I'll probably spend it in the Climb." Fiddling with the hem of his jacket he adds, "I'm not sure how much you know about Ancients, but cold is bad for us. Really bad actually." He'd made the mistake of going out in the snow once since he turned, and it had been horrible. Thankfully he'd been able to get warm before stasis set in.

"What about you? What are your plans?"

Edmund

Reborn In Fire
Soleil

Played by:
Change author:
Soleil
I was born a lover
And I will die that way
“Luka!” It’s a chirrup of noise, short and sweet, but it holds all the love in her heart until it’s positively overflowing within the too-small grasp of two syllables. One hand waves away his explanation while she blows a loud raspberry with her lips. “Who cares about blood! If he’s your brother then he’s your brother. Is he going to be part of the Guild?” Maybe that way she’ll get to meet him as well. Luka is a bit more of a homebody lately, or she’d try to get him to join too.

Like meat to a tiger (heh) the word party snags her attention and draws it quickly back to Edmund. “That’s a fantastic idea! I’ll make sure to stick around longer then!” Already she’s planning how to make her supplies stretch and extending her stay at the hotel, decision made. “I don’t know almost anything about Ancients, but being from Halo most people can’t handle our level of cold, so I’m used to helping people stay safe from it.” The implied offer of aid is there in her tone, though she’s not sure how helpful non-magical means might be for an Ancient, who is far more sensitive than anyone else to the cold.

“My friend and I are planning on exploring the Grounds! I haven’t visited there or the Greatwood - well, aside from that short time where we met - and the settled regions are my first stops on my adventuring list.” Her heels kick a happy rhythm against her stool leg, envisioning wilderness and camping sleepovers with Noe. “I was actually thinking of visiting Dygra too! I feel like only the Ancients know her, but people of all types go to visit the other heralds, so I think that’s unfair.” She certainly doesn’t intend to become an Ancient, but there was no rule she knew of saying she couldn’t pray to Dygra the same way as Safrin.
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Change author:

Edmund can't help but let out a small laugh at Soleil's antics. Grinning he shrugs, "Very true. I hope he joins but I don't know if he will. I'll have to ask." When things calm down that is. The Accepted's enthusiasm is infectious, and the Ancient's grin grows, "You think so? I hope to see you there then." It's a relief to have someone support his idea. Edmund's never thrown a party, but he's been to plenty having grown up in Torchline.

Solei's offer has Edmund's features softening, "Thank you. But I think it's a bit too severe for any measure of preparation to help. I've felt the effects in the snow outside of Halo, even being bundled up." Maybe one day there would be a safe way for Ancients to enter the region, but not yet. Still, her words fill the Ancient with warmth.

"That sounds wonderful. I've been planning to explore a bit as well. Maybe we can team up for some in the future?" It sounds like Soleil's current plans were already made and he'd hate to impose. Yet it'd be nice to explore with a friend if the opportunity arose. Edmund hasn't explored even the fraction of Caido that he'd like to. Once he's done with his quest, he'll have to remedy that.

The mention of Mother has the young Ancient perking up. Literally. His tail shoots up to curl in the air. "Really?" He nods enthusiastically, "You should. Mother is incredible. Just being near her makes you feel powerful and confident." A thought occurs, and Edmund leans forward, "If you want to go, I'll happily guide you through the Climb. It can be dangerous for those who aren't Ancients."

Edmund

Reborn In Fire
Soleil

Played by:
Change author:
Soleil
I was born a lover
And I will die that way
"I'll be there with bells on," she promises brightly with a wink, never one to let a party pass her by, and certainly not one she is readily invited to as a member of the Guild hosting it. "Maybe you can get a charm or something to help later on! I'm sure a lot of Ancients will need it to see any colder regions. Maybe the Guild can run a loan service of a singular charm? Or make it a goal to source multiple?" Far be it from her to tell him how to run his new guild, but the ideas stream forth readily for him to take or discard at will.

Biting down on her giggle at his enthusiasm, charmed by how boyish he becomes where once a regal young man sat, Soleil grins and nods. "Of course! Maybe that can be our first adventure together then - going through the Climb!" Just the two of them, before meeting up with Noe in the Grounds. "You're welcome to join us in the Grounds though. Either we can go there straight through from the Climb or you can find us after." He has a new guild to get off the ground, he might be busy for the first little while.
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Change author:

Soleil's idea isn't bad at all and Edmund's tail swishes as he considers it, "That might work. In the meantime, I might try and seek out someone capable of creating one for me. Mother is fire so I'm not sure if she can help. But there are people capable of crafting magical items too, right?" Perhaps he could commission one of them to make him an item. He would never seek out the aid of a deity other than Mother.

His guildmate is serious about meeting Mother and the young Ancient is delighted. "Let's do it! Just let me know when you want to go, and I'll be there." Soleil continues to surprise him as she invites him to join her time with Noe. Smile turning soft he fiddles with the cuff of his jacket, "I'd enjoy that."

Edmund

Reborn In Fire