paint your bluest skies the darkest grey
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 4 - Strg: 17 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 21 - Int:
TARAK - Mythical - Griffin (Fire Breath)
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
Don't know when and I don't know why
One day you wake up and you're living a lie
It was Deepfrost, and with Deepfrost came decisions. So it was that Sohalia invited her advisors to her office one winter afternoon. She sat at her desk, making notes in a journal about things that still needed doing throughout the region. Tarak was curled up in a little bed near the fireplace, purring contentedly as he napped. Outside, snow flurries landed upon the window panes, but through the snow, she could look out and see her city. She did so, sitting back with a sigh, running a hand through golden hair, and gazing, unseeing, out the window.

It was a troubling time in Caido, and the first real challenge to her rule: Safrin was gone. Where, they didn't know, but what they did know was that trouble was coming. She wanted to be prepared for it, but how was she to ready Stormbreak for an unknown threat that was coming at some undetermined future time?

With a frustrated sigh, Soh rose to her feet, moving to the hearth and prodding at the fire with the poker. It was nice and warm in her office, and she wanted to keep it that way for the meeting. Her advisors were due any time now, and she turned towards the door as she heard movement, a tired smile on her face as she welcomed each of her advisors in turn.
Goodbye love, and goodbye pain
Went to the river, didn't come back the same
Sohalia
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 19 - Int:
MITTENS - Mythical - Abominable Snowball
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Lena
and sweetest in the gale is heard
and sore must be the storm
The look on Sohalia’s face was a mirror and reflection of many, the Caretaker was certain, given everything occurring in a rapidly short amount of time. Between the bizarre notions of the latest moth attack (which she hadn’t hesitated to research in the library), incoming work towards ensuring the Observatory was repaired, and the news of Safrin’s departure, they were due for a swell of conversation over this season’s motions.

Lena came bearing coffee, tea, and treats for each council member, placing them on the table for everyone to snag when they were ready. “You all right?” she whispered warmly to Sohalia, mainly to ensure everything was fine – health wise – before the impending wakes began.
that could abash the little bird
that kept so many warm
Everest Hart
Aviator

Age: 22 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 27 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 5 - Int: 0
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
Everest
Despite his attempts to be early, Everest was not the first to arrive. Feeling an internal sense of panic well up inside—what were Lena and Sohalia discussing? Was it anything important? Should he ask? Should he remain silent? Was it about him and the fact that he was nearly late and so might not be a good advisor anymore?—the aviator cleared his throat politely as he entered the room and offered both Sohalia and Lena a small smile.

"Hello." He mumbled, his voice falling far short of the confident tone he'd been aiming for. That was no real surprise of course, and so it was with slightly lowered eyes and a head abuzz with doubts that the young attuned took his seat and smoothed out the pages of his notebook.
even if i had to lose you to know you,
i'd still be that temporary phase that you grow through
Anju Rao
Captain

Age: 31 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 10 - Int:
RIYA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9747
Anju
tried to wash you down with something strong
But the taste of blood remains
Anju sweeps in still draped in her Dragoon regalia, hair messy in a way that makes it clear she simply yanked her hair tie out moments before walking in the door. Though she cherishes her rank as Captain, meetings like these are admittedly sometimes difficult to work into her schedule given how few Dragoons there still are even this long after the war. Wherever Anju sees slack she normally picks it up herself, but she is only one woman, and the duties are never-ending.

Nevertheless she is present and accounted for, and the conversation is...nonexistent? Okay, she hasn't missed much then. Lena's soft touch seems to be accounting for whatever is bothering Sohalia, so Anju leaves the healer to it, choosing instead to sit and remove her sword so it doesn't jam into her side. "I assume our goals will have changed now that Safrin is away," she opens with plainly, too awkward to linger on anything but business.
Cold, empty mattresses and falling stars
My, how they start to look the same
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Age: 20 | Height: 5'6" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Lena appeared first, her calm and soothing demeanor a balm on Sohalia's tired soul. She smiled at her friend. "I'm fine," she whispered back. "Just a lot going on at the moment." Perhaps they could talk more later - but for now, Everest appeared (Soh waved to him in welcome), and then Anju, and their meeting promptly began.

Not wishing to waste anyone's time, Soh put her best face forward, shoving her troubles to the back of her mind for now. She sat at the table, hands clasped before her, and nodded towards Anju. "They have to," she agreed. "And even without Safrin's disappearance, it might be a good idea to focus our efforts on other things as time goes on. How do you all feel about gathering resources this season? I've been approached by King Hadama in Torchline about trade opportunities, if we were so inclined."
Sohalia
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 19 - Int:
MITTENS - Mythical - Abominable Snowball
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Lena
and sweetest in the gale is heard
and sore must be the storm
Lena didn’t think her fellow Attuned looked fine, but as the other cabinet members arrived, she merely nodded, settling into her chair, and giving Sohalia moment to pierce through whatever ailed and fretted her. It could be a variety of things, and the Caretaker wasn’t one to speculate needlessly.

There were other matters to attend to, of course.

Her eyes lifted at Anju’s response, waiting for those notions to strike and unfurl, before her gaze meandered to their leader again. How they’d prepare for things mattered; the notions of the last war would be ever present in Lena’s mind, and no doubt many others, considering the suffering, casualties, and then the safety net of the isles.

Lena had suggested gathering resources last season, and it had been met with disapproval. This time, however, Sohalia seemed justified by it, and she had to wonder if they were going about things correctly – or if there was one at all. “I see nothing wrong with gathering resources,” she agreed, but also offered another opinion. “What were your thoughts on preparing our soldiers potentially? In the near future?” Her glance went from Everest and Anju, then rounded back to the Heart.
that could abash the little bird
that kept so many warm
Anju Rao
Captain

Age: 31 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 10 - Int:
RIYA - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9747
Anju
tried to wash you down with something strong
But the taste of blood remains
Anju has never been anything but straightforward, so she clasps her hands in her lap and makes a short, brisk sound in her throat. "Perhaps this is just my own outlook, but I would not be inclined to trade in the wake of Safrin's disappearance. Any promises of trade would have to be renewed in light of recent news, to see if it still stands." Like a territorial tigress, Anju - if she were the leader of any of the other regions - would forsake wishy-washy 'potential' magical items in favor of strengthening defenses. Alas, that is why she is Captain, and Lena's question toward her is a fair one.

"If we cannot do it this season, then next at the very minimum. We are a very small and isolated region - help would not come quickly from the mainland if we were in need of it. Our defenses must be strong from within." So while she is glad for the removal of the Abandoned defenses, the future - to her - should be filled with those aims.
Cold, empty mattresses and falling stars
My, how they start to look the same
Everest Hart
Aviator

Age: 22 | Height: 5'11" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 6 - Strg: 27 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 24 - Luck: 5 - Int: 0
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
Everest
Keeping his eyes down, the aviator did not comment nor even form any thoughts about how his fellow council members either did or didn't appear. Instead, he took meticulous notes before realizing that everyone had made some suggestion or other save for him.

Clearing his throat, Everest sets down his pen and smiles politely as he forces his gaze to rise. "Especially in the wake of Safrin's disappearance, I would agree that strength from within should be our priority. Even before she left, before the city rose into the sky, Stormbreak has always been rather isolated. We have never needed trade." He explains gently, if only because Sohalia was newer to the now-island than the other two.

"With the attack on the Spyglass recently..we haven't enough soldiers to even begin the repairs, and that was just one isolated incident."
even if i had to lose you to know you,
i'd still be that temporary phase that you grow through
Sohalia Lumaris
the Luminary
Cartographer

Change author:
The stress and pressure of leadership had been a bit much of late, and so perhaps that was why Sohalia had not fully thought through the suggestion of trade. Regardless of the reason, she felt a faint heat creep into her cheeks as each of her advisors in turn suggested the need for soldiers. Of course, it made sense, given the circumstances, but she felt rather young and silly all the same. "Of course, Safrin's disappearance changes things," she agreed. "Training soldiers would be beneficial - especially since we don't know if, or when, the threat she spoke of may appear."

The young Heart drummed her fingers thoughtfully on the table. They may not have needed trade in general, but they needed it even less with Torchline, given her close relationship with Harper. She doubted that their regions would be pulled into an international conflict (looking at you, Koa) while he was one of the kings there.

Coming back to herself, Soh nodded resolutely. "Right, soldiers, it is. That makes the most sense in these times." They could always look at gathering resources later, after all. Assuming there was a later, beyond whatever threat Safrin sought to keep away. "Thank you all," she told the group, genuine relief showing on her youthful face. This was why she had advisors, after all - to keep her from going astray.

------

Fin <3 (if anyone wants me to un-fin, poke me in the next day or two. I'll wait to archive for a few days.)
Sohalia