If you can't stand the heat
Quest turn in for Nature Frey
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5305
What had been intended as a simple journey to Frey's shrine in the Oerwoud to complete his quest had become far more dangerous than Tal had expected as the Wilds had proved their name once again. Shaken by the swift lethality of the Dreamwalker's assault on the Attuned, the courier had taken a bit longer to reach the great tree than he'd expected as reaction had set in and the adrenaline drained away. An occasional shiver still slid through him as he climbed to the altar and pulled out his offering: a yellow flower constructed of hand-made paper, its thick petals pressed with wildflower seeds that, if soaked in water and dropped into fertile soil, would eventually sprout new flowers in a bright profusion of colors and shapes.

He centered it carefully on the altar, pushing it back and forth until it was lying just so, before he took off his Frostbite Cuff and set it in front of the flower. Shivering once more, this time as the Deepfrost cold cut through his light jacket, Tal cleared his throat. "Hey Frey," he prayed, subdued but fervent. "I know a lot's happenin' these days so, uh... I really hope you've got a minute. I did what y'asked, an' I was hopin' you could make my Cuff protect against the heat, too."

Frostbite Cuff: Upgrade to protect against heat
Too hot to handle
1. Complete a thread collecting ashes from an area in the Climb. Blood and ashes
2. Complete a thread collecting sand from an area in Hak Etme. S(t)and and deliver
3. Thread with a character who has fire manipulation and see them use it. {Training} Heat Lightning
4. Complete a thread leaving an offering for Tanau, the Longheat seasonal deity. (Note: this should not be a shrine/prayer thread, just an ordinary one). Like a sinner in church

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Frey
As Tal might have expected by now from his dealings with Frey, the wildflower paper does not stay as paper for long. Water appears to bleed along its edges before seedlings burst forth, growing and blooming and spreading across the shrine to become part of it. "Mm, things are certainly busier these days than they have been in seasons," Frey agrees, more golden, disembodied voice than anything else.

Before Tal, the Frostbite Cuff will appear to quiver and glow, as if becoming red hot, before with a hiss of what looks like steam, it settles again. "That should be sufficient for your needs, I think. Travel well, Messenger."

Tal has completed his quest and has received the following:

Type: Grey | Style: Defensive | Level: Upgraded
Frostbite Cuff | Light | Defensive A fur-lined cuff which protects the user from sub-zero temperatures and extreme heat. Does not affect the environment or any environmental issues associated with the cold or heat (e.g. deep snow, icy ground, lava flows)
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5305
Tal caught his breath as the paper rose bloomed and spread its beautiful rainbow riot around the shrine, but his surprise was soon replaced by a proud grin as something he had brought became part of Frey's place of worship. It more than made up for the chill of the air against his skin as he went without his protection for a short time.

He looked around for the source of the honeyed voice, but before he could find it his Cuff was glowing and the courier's attention was drawn to his accessory with wide eyes as the magic happened. "Hey, that's awesome! Thanks, Frey! Again, I mean. For all th'help..." He gathered up his Cuff and slipped it back onto his wrist, admiring the workmanship anew before turning his attention back to the altar and a pair of black-eyed susans that bobbed maybe kind of like eyes? "I'll come pray again soon!" he promised fervently.

~fin~