All the single ladies
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5305
The encounter with the Dreamwalker had shaken Tal, reminding him of his previous run-ins with some of Caido's more dangerous denizens. The creepy haunted house, the blazing giant in the Eye of Fire, the Banshee Queen... he'd only come close to death himself once, but others hadn't been so lucky.

Before he found himself neck-deep in hot water again, he figured he'd better prepare for trouble. Especially with Safrin gone and something terrible maybe on its way.

The courier padded into the much-loved Shrine in Snowcloak with Boreal leading the way. The dragon went around, sniffing the candles and checking for any previous edible offerings that might have been missed by a divine hand while Tal set his own offering down on the altar. In the spirit of Deepfrost he'd chosen a thick, short candle with pressed, dried flowers in the scented wax, that smelled like a field of spring blossoms when lit.

He also placed a plain silver ring on the altar, adjusting it to sit precisely in front of the candle before he took a breath and began his prayer.

"Hi, Frey. I hope it's okay, me comin' t'see you again so soon. I really appreciate all your help with my Dagger, but I've been doin' some thinkin' an' I was hopin' t'get somethin' more healy? For myself an' maybe anyone else I need to fix up in a hurry." His self-conscious scowl tugged up into more of a grin as Boreal ambled over and butted his shoulder encouragingly with her head. "I figure I can always pull a ring off an' slap it on someone's chest to heal 'em in a pinch, yeah?" Maybe not the most elegant of solutions, but then again this was Tal, and he was doing his best.

Turning in Level 10 Reward: mastered magical item given to you by your chosen deity

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Frey
"No slapping needed, I assure you."

Before Talyson, his offering ignites in a pleasant scent of blossoms and petrichor (that part my be Frey's own doing, though). Appearing, comfortably crossed legged amongst the other offerings, they reach out and pluck the ring up from where the Courier has painstakingly placed it, peering through at him from the tiny hollow circle.

"You have been through much for one so young," they say softly. "Consider this one a gift to warm you through Halo's coldest season, and all those that come after." Pressing the ring to their lips, when Frey offers it back, Tal will find it veined with gold where the deity's kiss has touched the metal.

Tal has received the following:

Ring of Mending | A silver ring imprinted with gold, as if it has been kissed. Capable of delivering Mastered Healing to one target of the wearer's choosing.
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5305
The scents of Flowerbirth washed through the shrine and Tal felt himself relaxing as he inhaled the perfume of flowers and rain and looked up to find the God upon the altar. A broad grin split the courier's face; relief and welcome and a simple, wholesome happiness at seeing Frey again healing some of the recent scars left by the Dreamwalker on his heart.

Death came easy on Caido, but life continued to grow and change and find its own way. It was good to be reminded of that sometimes, especially in the bleak days of Deepfrost.

The god spoke first, their voice uncommonly gentle as they lifted the ring and blessed it. Stunned at the deity's generosity, Tal accepted the ring back without thinking, curling his fingers around it and pulling it close to his chest above his heart. "I... Frey... thank you!" he managed, speaking past the lump of gratitude that filled his throat as he slipped the newly-magical adornment onto his finger. "More'n I can say..." He bowed his head, Boreal crooning a joyful accompaniment to the bright emotions that filled her human, and if Frey was gone when he looked up again? Well, the god's kiss upon his ring was a point of sunlight that warmed him inside and out, lingering long after he left the shrine.

~Fin~