before i learned civility
Alys Glasse
Seer

Age: 27 | Height: 5'2" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 8 - Int:
SASCHA - Regular - Ursur
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
Alys
For not the first time, Alys was struck dumb by Evie's revelation, blinking owlishly at the Warden as she revealed that Alys was the first person she'd told. It was a huge honor, and for a moment, Alys wasn't sure what to say. She and Evie weren't yet close - though this was certainly something to bring them closer! - and to be the bearer of such a blessed secret was beyond Alys's comprehension. "Can I see the ring?" she blurted, both out of curiosity and a desire to buy herself time to think, to figure out how to navigate the uneven ground upon which she suddenly found herself.

As for the emotion that came next, Alys averted her gaze with a smile, allowing the Evergreen the moment she needed to collect herself. "It will be a rather large reception, if it's public," she pointed out as she oo'd and ah'd over the ring. "Aside from friends and loved ones, I'm sure you'll have visiting dignitaries eager to congratulate you." She tilted her head to one side. "Unless it's just public to Halovians, that is."

As for the shop, Alys pursed her lips in thought. "How about this?" she asked. "If you ever need anything, all you have to do is ask." She raised her eyes to Evie's, stubbornly holding the other woman's gaze. "You'll never pay for anything in my shop."
gather 'round, here's how to get what you want
introduce a new religion of feeling like a boss
Minor powerplay allowed without permission.
Feel free to use force/magic on Alys.
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9747
Evie

Evie obligingly holds out her hand, showing the detailed flower ring with the embedded jewels and twisting, vine-like band. And then, just to be a bit of a minx, she extends her other hand to twist the top of it - and immediately disappears entirely from sight. Her soft laughter gives away that she hasn't moved, and with another twist she is visible once more, smiling beatifically. "Of course, Deimos made sure it came with a fun twist." How could he have resisted?

"It will be open to all, though I think you give us too much credit to believe foreign dignitaries might come," she disagrees with a laugh. Perhaps for Deimos, but certainly not for her, who has always taken on the more political and paperwork-minded tasks. "Deimos is most excited about the food - though I suspect he'll try to sneak us away before the reception is over, he's not one for crowds." It's said with a lovesick expression because she'd have him no other way.

Frowning slightly at the open-endedness of her offer, Evie huffs slightly, her composed demeanor making way to the redheaded temper beneath - though it's a fond sort of exasperation. "Fine, but only because I'll be able to control how often I ask." Se extends the key again, hoping Alys will actually take it this time. "And a deal that you'll catch rainbows with me for our quest because I don't want to do it alone." That could be her first request!
if this love does not call itself a wildfire
then I don't want it at all
Alys Glasse
Seer

Age: 27 | Height: 5'2" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
SASCHA - Regular - Ursur
Change author:
Alys
"Trust Deimos to make even an engagement ring useful for combat," Alys said affectionately, shaking her head at her friend, smiling at the place in the air where Evie's head should have been - were it not invisible. It was only for a moment, though, for Evie reappeared soon thereafter. "It's a lovely ring, though," she added as she held Evie's hand, gently turning it this way and that to admire the jewelry.

Alys raised a brow as Evie declined that foreign dignitaries might come. "Perhaps," she said noncommittally. She was more than sure that other leaders would be sure to come if they knew about the wedding, but perhaps it was one of those things that Evie would need to see to believe. In any case, she snorted at the comment about food, releasing Evie's hand. Of course Deimos would be most excited about food. "Well, as your friend, I'm sure that I can cover for you if Deimos decides to disappear early," she teased with a wink.

She reached out to pluck the key from Evie's hand. "Deal," she said of catching rainbows, grinning at the thought that she could be of use to Evie so soon. "And thank you for this," she added, gesturing around her to the living space that they stood in. "I'll have to have to back for my grand opening."
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9747
Evie

"Hey, it can be used for sneaking too!" It's a weak defense and they both know it, especially by the grin on Evie's face. Most people don't look at her and see a warrior, but since the war, most Halovians have realized their mistake. Pinning a banshee to the ground and hacking it to death was pretty convincing she supposes.

Groaning slightly as Alys winks, going pink yet again and wondering when it would end, Evie slaps her newly freed hand onto her forehead and laughs past the fluster in her veins. "I can't even say no, because I'd appreciate it so much if you did. I have a feeling we're both going to want to sneak away early." They've always had a particularly active sex life, and Evie knows herself well enough to be certain that when she sees Deimos in his wedding attire, with her last name officially changed? She's not going to be able to hold herself back.

"You're very welcome! If you need help with remodeling I'm happy to chip in. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if you made changes with me present." While the house and shop are dear to her heart, she'd been speaking truthfully when sharing that her life had changed and altered course drastically since then. Seeing new life be breathed into it would make it all worthwhile.
if this love does not call itself a wildfire
then I don't want it at all
Alys Glasse
Seer

SASCHA - Regular - Ursur
Change author:
Alys
Alys snorted at that, the last of the defenses reserved for those who didn't know her well crumbling at Evie's weak defense. That was all it took to earn Alys's friendship - an invitation to a wedding and a sad excuse for an invisibility ring. She smiled warmly at her new friend, shaking her head as though she didn't know what to do with the Warden. From her chest, Sascha mewled plaintively, clearly wanting to be put down so that she could explore their new home. Alys carefully undid the sling and placed the cub on the floor; the ursur was off to find Micah before Alys could blink.

With Alys's role at the wedding decided, she grinned wickedly at Evie's blush. She wiggled her fingertips. "I'll practice my illusions. We'll see if I can't make it seem like you're there when you aren't," she joked with a wink.

As for the shop, Alys looked around and began making mental notes of things she might want to change or tweak. "There's really not much to do," she admitted. "But I'll send word when I start working on it. I'm thinking we should get through LongNight first." It shouldn't be too much longer. "But for now, why don't we get some tea and talk about your wedding plans?" And so she led the Evergreen back down the stairs, locked up her new shop, and joined arms with her newest friend as they made their way back through the cold.

-FIN <3-