Training A moment of respite
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Age: 18 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
SPLAT - Mythical - Darkling
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2935

Talyson's letter had suggested King's End might be a good place to start his investigaiton. Leaving a note for all letters addressed to be given to Splat so that the Darkling could bring them to his bonded, Edmund headed out. He hadn't found anything thus far and decided to stop and take a break. He'd never been to Meadowreach and the place was beautiful. The colorful flowers were a soothing sight, and the gentle breeze had the young Ancient letting out a sigh as he felt the tension of the past few days bleed out of him.

Setting up a small camp, Edmund elected to explore the area some before continuing on. After some time of walking through the flowers, he came across a flat area that seemed perfect for training. Taking out his corseque, he began to go through a series of warm-ups.

Sunjata

Edmund

Reborn In Fire
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
// and i love vermont, but it's the season of the sticks and i
saw your mom, she forgot that i existed //
Once more attempting to get a lay of the land and any other potential damage the meteorites have caused, Sunjata’s in his dragon form as he scouts from above. This time it’s easier, the sunlight is bright and vibrant and makes it so much easier to see the changes the land has taken. Thankfully it isn’t much, the snow beginning to melt and reveal the flowers buried beneath as he glides over Meadowreach.

He does, however, spot a small camp which brings his curiosity higher and he drops quickly out of the sky a little ways away, wandering closer in the direction of the young Ancient. When he breaks over the view to be able to see just who it was, Sunjata offers a little wave – pace picking up. “Hey! Didn’t expect you to get here so fast.” He flashes a softer tinged smile Edmund’s way the closer he gets.
the flood
// and it's half my fault, but i just like to play the victim //
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Age: 18 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:

Edmund glances up as he hears the wind shift and smiles brightly when he spots Sunjata, "Uncle Jata!" The Demi-god is always a welcome sight and the Ancient returns his wave eagerly. "Between Skyships and wings, the trip didn't take too long." Edmund never imagined that flight would be so freeing but exploring in his gore crow shift was quickly becoming one of his favorite pastimes. He'd also underestimated its usefulness.

As Jata drew closer Edmund's eyes softened, "It hasn't been long, but how have you been?" He ran a quick eye over the man and was pleased to see no signs of injury. Granted, there was little that could overpower the Flood nowadays.

Edmund

Reborn In Fire
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Glad to hear it.” Sunjata rumbles, finally getting within Edmund’s space for a more casual conversation rather than having to shout over the distance. His gaze flickers around the little camp he’s made, before returning to the young man’s at precisely the time that Edmund is scanning him, as if searching for anything amiss. Of course, he is always charmed by the amount of concern the young Ancient has over the Flood, but for the second time they’ve met, Sunjata’s been surprisingly good.

He gives Edmund an easier smile, one to alleviate any concerns the man might have. “Good. King’s End is livable now and I’m thinking about investing into it.” A small way of saying he’s going to seek leadership of it, to rule and run the place to make it exactly what he wanted. And with it having been a space of the Wilds before, well, it just meant he got to build it from the ground up. “How about you?
the flood
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Change author:

Edmund matches Sunjata's grin as the Flood speaks, "Is it? That's incredible." King's End had certainly improved in recent years and for it to become livable was wonderful. There were many who would take the opportunity to flock to a new region. It would flourish under Sunjata's rule, just as Torchline had. "If you need any help, I'm just a letter away." The young Ancient can't leave Torchline, not now. He needs to protect his family and home. Safrin's failings and now absence have him restless, to say the least.

Tail flicking, Edmund gestures vaguely to his small camp, "I'm heading to the crash site to meet up with my guild." He isn't sure exactly what kind of information Hadama wants but he's planned to get dimensions and samples of the site.

Leaning against his corseque Edmund's grin sharpens, "I was just doing some training before continuing on. Do you want to join me?" He's never sparred with Sunjata and the idea certainly appeals.

Edmund

Reborn In Fire
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
That you are.” Sunjata murmurs with a soft laugh, resigning himself into pushing away all the plans he has suddenly for the location and just how he intended on going about putting it together in a way that made it a unique place to live and thrive – especially with the refuge so close. Plenty of options to grow and expand, he just needs to narrow it down to a starting point.

Which will happen another day, given the information Edmund tells him of meeting up with his guild by the meteorite site. He nods his understanding, humming a soft sound in his breath but remaining silent as Edmund’s grin sharpens and Sunjata’s attention focuses a bit more intensely on the Ancient, his scarred brow rising.

The offer of training has him snorting, before he nods and straightens up, loosening his arms as if he’s warming up briefly and quickly. “Sure, fine with practicing magic?” He asks, tilting his head playfully.
the flood
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Change author:

Edmund nods, having no doubt that Jata will send that letter eventually. Starting a new region is an insurmountable task for a single person. The Flood will need as many spare hands as possible. At least he seems excited about the notion.

Sunjata accepts his challenge and the young Ancient's tail flicks with anticipation. Edmund steps closer to the campfire and lets the flame leap up to lay in his palm, "I'd be delighted." He has no qualms about improving his fire magic. The sooner he can master it and create his own flames, the better.

Edmund is well aware that he's outclassed as he steps into a ready stance, fire flickering. "You may start." It'll give him the chance to get a better feel for the man's movements.

Edmund

Reborn In Fire
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Despite his size, Sunjata’s always had an agile, athletic way to move around whether it be battlefields or the day to day. And when it comes to training, it certainly takes the forefront of his mind. It’s such that as Edmund steps over to retrieve the flame from the bonfire, Sunjata’s conjuring water from thin air, the light sparkling from the flickering flames. He reaches deeper, drawing little droplets surrounding him, and once Edmund offers the choice of starting, the Flood takes a moment to calculate just how to go against the young man.

He plants his feet, the main stream of water warbling into something akin to a string when he suddenly moves swiftly, sending the stream of water out to the hand that harbors the flame in its palm, and alongside the makeshift water whip, the droplets start to move, as if he’s creating a makeshift rainstorm.
the flood
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Change author:

The Flood is fast. The speed at which Sunjata conjures easily outpaces Edmund's attempt to call the fire to him. It's extinguished within moments of settling and the young Ancient pauses before breaking into giggles. Stifling his laughter, he calls out, "Let me try that again." Edmund's pride would be wounded if this were a spar with anyone else. But this was his Uncle Jata.

Calling more of the fire to his hand, Edmund attempts to fan the flames higher and hotter. Nibbling his lip in concentration, the young Ancient tries to encase himself in the fire to evaporate the rain before it could hit him.

Edmund

Reborn In Fire
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Perhaps he’d come out of the gate a little too hard with just how quickly the rain douses the Ancient’s flame. A small hum of a laugh rumbles from him as he looks back at Edmund snickering, holding back the rainfall as best he can and warping it back into the globs of water he can control.

He does give the young man some time to collect the flame though – knowing it wouldn’t be a likely scenario in a real fight, but if the chance arose perhaps knowing what to do after you had it was better than how to get it in the first place. So he waits, watching until Edmund’s spread the fire around his body like a shield of some sort, Sunjata taking that moment to break apart the floating spheres of liquid to create another whirlwind of rain, aiming them to swirl around Edmund as fat raindrops, aiming to drown the fire once again.
the flood
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Change author:

Edmund rolls his shoulders in discomfort as the rain comes at him once more. It's not cold per se, but it's chilly enough to make the Ancient uncomfortable. He's grateful to Sunjata for allowing this spar to truly just be practice for him. It's sorely needed. Most of his training lately has been physical-based and not magic. Perhaps after the attack in Stormbreak he should have refocused on the arcane but sparring with weapons was an excellent stress reliever.

There's no time for what-ifs as the Flood's rain once more extinguishes Edmund's fire. However, he's able to keep a flicker of the flames alive in his palm. Holding out his hand, he grits his teeth. To the best of his effort, he sends a bolt of fire straight at Sunjata, hoping it'll burn through the rain and reach the man. It won't be enough to burn him regardless, but maybe the young Ancient can singe him a bit.

Edmund

Reborn In Fire
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Magic is something Sunjata has lately been focusing perhaps too much on – relying heavily on the gifts Frey has given him versus the weapons he’d grown up using. Perhaps it’s that cockiness that has him believing he can still handle the weaponry in spite of putting all of his focus into the water at his fingertips. It’s not unlike when he’d first attuned, using his shifts in lieu of the creativity with weapons he’d grown so used to.

Either way, the rain cascades toward Edmund, Sunjata watching as it seems to douse the little shield he’s made – but he misses the small little flame kept in a palm, watching as it shoots out toward him surprisingly fast, singing a little mark into his shirt and sparking a rumbling laugh from Sunjata at the surprise of it.

He recovers quickly, though, shifting the rain into a long stream of water, shooting it out toward Edmund to let it tangle around his wrist and tug.

He’s using this one!:
Magic: Taking Hold | Using his water magic, Sunjata can form water into a tangible form that can grapple at a distance of 30ft. Success is based on a STR roll.
Type: Light | Rank: Upgraded
the flood
Edmund Ansel
Adventurer / Guildmaster

Change author:

Edmund gives a fanged grin as his small attack lands. It fills the Ancient with pride to know that he managed to land a hit at all on the Flood. He doesn't get the chance to bask in his success as Sunjata's water rises and surges towards him. There's enough time for his eyes to widen but then the water is grabbing him.

Water acting as a physical restraint is something he could never have predicted. Pulling at his arm to try and free himself, Edmund attempts to call the fire nearby to shoot out and burn through the water by his wrist. If it acts like a rope, maybe it'll snap like one. It's worth a try at least and the young Ancient isn't sure what else he can do.

Edmund

Reborn In Fire
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He is going easy on the young man – but that’s where he finds the most learning can happen. After all, if he just constantly threw everything he had at him, it would get old and frustrating quickly. And this was all about learning, about enjoying the battle. And perhaps he’d learn a few things here that might help him in the future.

Plus, it was nice to see Edmund smile despite Sunjata quite literally dousing his flame.

The water follows Edmund’s hand, the flame he calls sparking through the stream turning it to steam momentarily, the water falling away before Sunjata conjures another, spreading it out to grip Edmund around the middle now that his hands are distracted, humming a low chuckle of amusement.
the flood