in the process of clearin' out cobwebs
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Age: 30 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 21 - Luck: 13 - Int:
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
cordelia
Cordelia hadn't know a time in her life when she'd been separated from her cousin for so long. Not since he became a part of her family. The ache left in her chest at the idea of being without a member of her pack was unfathomable. Part of it, of course, was her own doing. Choosing to hide away from anyone and everyone, self inflicting isolation on herself for a reason she couldn't even remember now. Was it fear for the twins? Her own hormones urging her to hide away? Her distaste for the Grounds causing her to retaliate in a way that made little sense now that she thought back?

The One Shot couldn't say.

All she knew now was that she needed to see her family. Desperately.

Sah doesn't even get a chance to knock on her door before the Attuned is wrenching it open, practically tackling him despite the monsoon raging on outside, threatening to soak them to the bone if they don't get inside. "I've missed you so much. Don't ever let me do that again." She muttered against his shoulder, squeezing so tightly there was a real threat she might force all the air from his lungs.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2895
Sah
What is knowledge without wisdom?
When Cordelia sends word that he can visit, Sah doesn't hesitate. Leaving a letter for his pups he raced out the door. If he needed supplies along the way he could hunt or create them with magic. Getting to his cousin as soon as possible was more important than packing a bag. Lilly and Pad barely managed to catch up as he tore through the Citadel to get on the soonest Skyboat.

It's worth the effort and he reached the Grounds in record time. Cordelia's absence has been agonizing. Being denied access to the rest of his pack was hellish. But Sah would never blame his cousin, not for this. Not for being a mother and doing what she felt was necessary for her and her pups. But Gods he's missed them all.

Sah was far past his limit by the time he arrived and as Cordelia burst from the door, he caught her with ease. He only had half a mind to make the few steps inside and close the door. He somehow managed it as he placed kisses along his cousin's crown."I'll hold you to that. I've missed you too. Gods, I've missed you." The pain in his shoulder was worth it. A reminder that this was real. That she's in his arms and safe. That his pack was whole once more.

While the cousins reunited, Pad stood guard at the door. There were pups here and with the humans busy, he would ensure their protection. Lilly however sat patiently, tail wagging vigorously in anticipation of her own reunion with the One-Shot.
What is desire without instinct?
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Age: 30 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
cordelia
She melts into his embrace, nearly sobbing with relief at having a part of her back at her side once more. Despite the fact that the twins were a year old now and her hormones had mostly balanced out, the One Shot couldn't help the onslaught of tears that occasionally overtook her. "I've missed you too. So much." Cordelia breathes against his damp jacket, holding tight to her cousin for a moment longer before finally stepping back, brushing at her eyes.

Feeling silly for her tears, Cordelia clears her throat, shaking her head as she turns her attention to Lily who is patiently waiting her turn. "Hello, beautiful." She coos, reaching down to give her a good scratch behind her ears and placing a kiss on her nose. As if sensing a presence in the house that was someone other than their mother, the twins decided that then was the perfect time to make themselves known from the fur rug she'd left them on in the living room.

It was Margot, of course, who let out a shriek of what might have been delight, but more likely was simply a demand for attention. Cordelia turns quickly, eyes alighting on her twins before flicking back to Sah, "I think someone is excited to see you." She says with a grin, practically dragging him into the living room, barely giving him a moment to get his boots and coat off. Sitting down on the floor, Delia scoops Marcus into her arms, placing the more quiet of the two on her lap as Margot pushes up on her own, babbling happily when Sah joins them.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Sah
Sah very nearly doesn't let Cordelia step back, but he can feel through the bond how excited Lilly is. The silver wolf's tail wags faster as she's given her due, giving the One-Shot's face a big lick. The surge of joy that spreads to Sah has him taking a shaky breath. He's not the only one who has desperately missed Delia.

The pups call and Sah's eyes snap over, going soft immediately. He's happy to be dragged and practically throws himself to the ground with open arms for Margot to climb into. He gently pulls her close the second he has a hand on her. Leaving a flurry of kisses on her small face, he hardly cares for the mistiness in his eyes. "Hi, little love. I've missed you too." One hand reaches out to run a hand through Marcus's hair from where Cordelia has him, "You too." If his voice cracks, so be it.

Sah glances up at Cordelia as he gives Margot one last kiss on the cheek "How do they get more beautiful every time I see them?" It had been the same with his twins and yet he was caught off guard all the same. Lilly takes the opportunity to come over and noses the little girl's belly with a happy woof. Meanwhile, Pad silently settles a small distance away, his eyes never pausing as they scan all doors and windows.
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:
cordelia
Margot goes to him without a single complaint. She squeals as her face is covered in kisses, reaching up with a tiny fist to grab at the front of his shirt, tugging at him. Cordelia doesn't need an Attuned bond between them to know what Sah is feeling right now. She doesn't miss the way his eyes get that glazed over look as he draws Margot into his embrace. The One Shot snuggles Marcus close, pressing a kiss to his temple, breathing in his sweet scent. "I ask myself that every day. They're getting so big now." Cordelia murmurs, watching her cousin with Margot doing something to ease the ache that had made a home in her chest as of late.

"They're starting to walk now. At least, trying to. I think Margot is going to be the first." The child in question giggles as Lilly noses at her belly, using a tiny hand to pat at her head, undeterred by the wolf's size. After all, the babe had spent a lot of time cuddling with her mother's polar bear shift from the time she was born. "We're hoping we'll be back in Halo soon. Noah is close to being done here."

Something Cordelia was really looking forward to. If only because it would mean they were closer to the rest of their family and finally able to breathe again. At least until Vi gave him another task. A thought that Cordelia firmly pushed from her mind for the time being.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah
Sah raised a playful brow at Margot, "Are you now? I bet you'll be faster than your brother." Her energetic disposition certainly hinted as such. Perhaps the little girl would follow in Soleil's footsteps? His daughter would surely dote on her younger cousin. Marcus already reminds the Wild Thunder of Noah and the image of the young boy tailing after his father is precious.

The Abandoned grinned widely at the news, "Really? I've been helping him out when I can, but I didn't realize he was close to done." Sah adjusts his hold on Margot and rests his chin on her head. Lilly curls up beside him, her nose still tucked up against the child. "We've missed you all in Halo. It'll be good to have you home."

Halo felt empty without Noah and Cordelia. Even more so now that it entailed the absence of their twins as well. "Do you think you'll be back by next season?" He surely hoped so. Things in Caido were shifting once more and the Wild Thunder would rather face the unknown with his entire pack united.
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:
cordelia
Of course Margot couldn't answer him, but she smiled all the same at Sah as he spoke to her. The girl giggled, waving a hand excitedly as she looked up at him with wide eyes that she got directly from her father. While Margot's disposition matched her mother in many ways, her physical appearance very much took after Noah. Marcus, however, was the opposite. His features a near replica of Cordelia's, but his manner already taking after him father.

Cordelia nodded, "He only has one more task, but soon he'll be able to call on Vi again." She explained, bouncing Marcus lightly in her lap and a smile curled on her lips. That was part of why she had wanted him to come. Exactly what he was asking her about now.

"Noah thinks we'll be able to return at the turn of the season." Cordelia let out a breath she hadn't realized she'd been holding, relieved that she could say yes to this. She was ready to be home. To be with her family. It was clear that Sah would be glad for it too. "Tell me about you, though. How are you? Any new developments?" The way she stressed the word developments made it clear she was asking about one thing in particular aka his love life.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah
A tension that Sah had been holding for weeks unfurled, "That's wonderful. If I can help, I will." He'd always be ready to help his family. Especially if it meant getting them home sooner. He nuzzled Margot's head, "It'll be fun to introduce them to snow again." Now that the twins were growing, they'd finally be able to enjoy the wonders of snow.

Sah caught onto his cousin's tone and snickered, "Nothing in that category. I've been too busy, and I haven't met anyone that I connect with like that." Not since Seren. Even Maeve had been more of initial curiosity and attraction. Too brief and new of a time for a true connection.

"But I have finally mastered creation magic and can make magical items. Once the twins are a little older, I can start making things for them the same way I do for Soleil and Luka." A slightly melancholy look crossed his face, "With Marcus and Margot being Abandoned, I want to give them the best start that they can get." He'd sworn to protect them and guide them as they walked the path of magic users. It was an oath he had no intention of breaking.
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:
cordelia
"Thank you. Your help means everything." Not just to her, but her husband, too. Cordelia knew just how much Sah's support meant. Family or not. Margot babbles as Sah nuzzles against her blonde tresses. "I know. There is so much for them to learn and experience about their home. I can't wait." How to ride on a sled, identifying tracks, learning to string a bow... All necessary for living in Halo.

Cordelia snorts, rolling her eyes at him, "Too busy? Come on now... That's a poor excuse. Too busy to meet someone?" She had been running for her life and trying to survive in the Wilds and she still managed to accomplish the task of falling in love. "To go grab a drink and talk?" She shakes her head, bouncing Marcus in her lap, "If your Uncle Sah keeps talking like that he'll never get himself a partner." She coos, grinning wickedly over at him from above Marcus's head.

The playful mood, however, quickly evaporates as Sah speaks. Her eyes widen and she freezes, lips parting in shock, "What? What do you mean with them being Abandoned?" No, she must have misheard him. The twins weren't Abandoned. Noah would have told her. He would have known. The ring... The Order ring detects that. Right? She knew it did. Had heard him talk about it. Why wouldn't he have told her? Why would he hide that?
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah
Sah scoffed and childishly stuck his tongue out at Cordelia, "Come on now. You just want something else to tease me about." If he were being honest with himself, the Wild Thunder would admit that he wasn't sure if he wanted a partner. He certainly didn't desire one enough to actively seek one out at the moment. That much he could be honest about.

The Wild Thunder's arms froze around Margot and his eyes blew wide, "What do you mean? Did Noah not tell you?" Why would the man have told Sah but not his own wife? Noah hadn't even said anything about hiding it from Cordelia. Anger bubbled beneath Sah's skin at the man, but he quickly took a deep breath and forced himself to relax.

Pressing a kiss to Margot's crown he nodded at his cousin, "They are Abandoned. Both of them."
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:
cordelia
"No. I want to know that you're happy and not alone. Is that so bad?" Now, if it was really what Sah wanted, she'd support him in whatever path he picked. Whether that was with a partner or by himself.

"No." Her tone is clipped, a new anger bubbling up in her chest, but she took a breath in an attempt to calm herself. Setting Marcus down, afraid she might hurt him as her shifts stirred beneath her skin, causing her nails to elongate into talons. "He didn't tell me anything." Her voice was low, eyes flashing dangerously before she took a deep breath in an attempt to calm herself.

"Why wouldn't he tell me?" She asked softly, confusion causing her brows to knit together, hurt swirling in combination with the anger in her belly.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah
Sah deflated a little, "I'm...ok." He smiles softly, "I'll be better when you're all back in Halo." Not having a romantic partner didn't bother him. His pack being separated and spread thin across Caido, however? That kept the Abandoned up at night, with a white-knuckled grip in Lilly's fur and an arm thrown over his eyes.

But there are more important things on hand. Namely, Noah's apparent deception. When Marcus was put down, Sah reached over and scooped the boy into his lap alongside his sister. With a twin in each arm, he met Cordelia's eyes. "I don't know. He might have thought he was protecting you. Letting you adjust to motherhood before adjusting to the added challenges of having Abandoned children." Sah grimaced, "An ill-executed attempt at protection if that's what it was."

Lilly walked over to Cordelia and rested her chin on the woman's leg. She was far more durable than the twins and didn't mind clawed head pats. Watching his companion fondly, Sah added, "But I do know that Noah loves you and respects you. I don't think he had any bad intentions behind his secrecy." The Demi-god loved deeply and fully and sometimes took on more than he could handle for the sake of his loved ones. His loyalty was unquestionable.
Cordelia Olson
the One-Shot
Hunter

Change author:
cordelia
It's an unexpected blow after everything they'd gone through. The vows that they just made after failing to uphold them in the first place. By Vi's strength I will cherish and protect you. His words ring through her mind again and again. It would be like him to do this if he thought it would protect her or the twins. However, it didn't change the hurt that roared through her. The betrayal she felt was acute.

Sah's words barely reach her through the buzzing in her ears, but it doesn't stop her from trying to listen to her cousin. Noah must have had a reason. No matter how ill-conceived it was. Still, it didn't change the fact that he had actively deceived her. That he had gone so far as to tell others yet keep it from her.

"Bad intentions or not, Sah... He lied to me. Kept something about our children from me." Cordelia can't help the growl that's edged into her words, barely restraining herself as all of the worst case scenarios roll through her head. "What if I had gone to Stormbreak for something before it was safe for them to enter and they had been turned to stone in my arms, huh? What of it then?" Sure, that was an extreme. A worst case scenario. The Attuned had never set foot in Stormbreak in the entirety of her life, but it still didn't change that it could have happened.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah
Sah stayed silent as Cordelia spoke, knowing that she needed to put her anger and pain into words, or she would turn to action. He'd personally been on the other end of her rage before and could attest to how hard she could hit. He still occasionally had nightmares about Aino's death and the pain it had brought his cousin. Her grief-stricken face would haunt him forever.

All of the air left his lungs as she spoke of Stormbreak, "Gods...I didn't even think of that." Lightning flashed outside the window and the Wild Thunder forced himself to take deep breaths. Reaching out to cup the twins' ears he sharply whispered, "What the fuck was he thinking? Godsdamn idiot."

Removing his hands he added, "If you don't yell at him, I will." A merciless grin stretched across Sah's face, "Or I can yell at him after you're done."