With the roar of the fire, my heart rose to its feet
Wedding~
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Deimos
Whatever here that's left of me
Is yours just as it was
Blessings came on eaves and dawns; a flurry of activity for promises and unions. Quiet and nestled settings, full of their own convictions, contorted themselves in rapt aplomb – greenhouse pathways, soothed and settled by the glows of lantern light, adorned in fixtures of memories and those gone, but never forgotten. Seating was arranged for the few invited, tight-knit and clustered in their shelter and sanctum, with room for watery roamers nearby in the conservatory’s pool. Emblems of interlacing metal shown them for familial efforts, Rexanna, Samuel, and other faces and souls that simply couldn’t be here, tied amidst the elongated trellises and the interlaced column work of flowers and hues. Natural finery, branched and woven from Halovian pursuits, ensured some measure of tradition – but the Sword and Evergreen had always done things their own way, and so too would this ceremony follow in their footsteps of steadfastness and stalwart interludes.

They’d already spent the better part of the morning assembling themselves and getting ready; neither bothered by a formality of not seeing one another before formalities. Instead, they dressed and dined and wore those restless edges together, and did so once more as the rest of their friends and family gathered; a nod given to Hotaru, Kiada, and Alys, before some nervous rumble began again.

Standing amidst the front though left the residual nerves tucked into his ribcage, the result of many days spent in full view and attention, and more than once Deimos counted the long, slow breaths intermingling through his lungs. Fingers traced lightly over the rings in his pockets, waiting for the exact moment for Evie to make her way down their makeshift aisle.

And when she began, the rest of the apprehension melted and pooled away, encouraging the depths of his boyish smile and piercing stare to segment entirely on her. For moments like these, conjured and carved solely for them.
I'm set alight
And I blink inside your blinding light
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9747
Evie
I get to love you, it's the best thing that I'll ever do
And it's a promise I'm making to you
Considering the preparations had fallen almost solely to the two of them, the days preceding their wedding had been full of work and ever-furthering details to be checked. Evie had welcomed those days with open arms, exultant in not only the chance to build their ceremony with their own hands, but to have so many hours of unrestricted access to her fiancé. With careful hands and keen eyes, they’d woven a veritable tapestry of greenery and lights throughout the greenhouse to shelter and usher in their nuptials.

Before they’d parted, she had kissed him slow, wanting to savor and carry him with her until they would meet again at their makeshift altar.

Hadama had visited her early in the morning at the Bay, the cold wind off the sea no match for the warmth his dedication to being present had instilled in her. Alys and Hotaru, true to their promises, had helped Evie into her dress and had assisted with artfully curling and pinning up her long red hair with pearl pins that shone with prismatic colors. Their companionship had smoothed over the old, quiet ache of family present only in lantern fixtures and memories, and the morning had been filled with laughter and cheer - and a budding, restless yearning to see Deimos again.

Now, though, her stomach is full of butterflies, and her hands are slightly clammy around the stems of the small bouquet she’d grown for herself. Evie knows there’s nothing to fear, but as all eyes turn to her as the quiet click of her footsteps alerts them to her arrival, she feels it all the same.

At least until she looks away from those precious few in attendance, and finds Deimos at the end of the petal-filled walkway. Her fiancé looks stunning, and any nerves burst from thistles into blossoms that unfurl blooms of color in freckle kissed cheeks that swell with the force of her smile, everyone else forgotten as she takes that first step fearlessly toward him.
Whatever may come, your heart I will choose
Forever I'm yours, forever I do
Kiada Njovu-Reyes
Hollowed Grounds Registrar

Age: 30 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 3 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 29 - Luck: 17 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
carve your name into my arm,
instead of stressed, i lie here charmed
The day arrives and Kiada has shown early, if only to try and ensure that she won’t immediately turn to stone and ruin their wedding day. So far, everything has worked out beautifully, settling into the greenhouse with a dress to match the theme courtesy of Hotaru’s focused hands. Her gaze drifts between the lights that hang, to the others accompanying them, to Deimos on the altar where she offers a gentle smile of courage – never once knowing what it was like to get married, but imagining she can offer support where she could.

The rest, though, the click of Evie’s heels against the floor and the rapt attention Deimos offers, has the Harpy’s attention drifting, body turning to face the aisle, permitting a soft gasp of surprise to leave her at how beautiful Evie is as she moves to meet Deimos at the altar. She can’t help but to keep a bright grin from her face, silent as she watches the wedding commence.
KIADA
'cause there's nothing else to do,
every me and every you
Kiada has a large X scar on the right side of her neck.
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Kiada, without killing her <3
Alys Glasse
Seer

Age: 27 | Height: 5'2" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 8 - Int:
SASCHA - Regular - Ursur
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
Alys
Evie was beautiful.

Alys and Hotaru had spent the morning with their friend - a morning filled with laughter and good cheer and love everywhere Alys looked - helping with the morning-of preparations for the wedding. Alys hadn't been to many weddings, much less helped the bride to get ready for one, and so she'd arrived feeling rather nervous. Fortunately, Ru was talented enough for the both of them. They were able to get Evie into her dress, her hair artfully curled and styled with pearlescent pins, and Alys hardly even knew that any time had passed.

And what a stunning dress it was - all lace and flames that danced as the Evergreen moved. Alys was sure that Deimos was going to love it - but then, with the way that he and Evie looked at each other, she could probably be dressed in rags and he would still be just as happy to marry her.

At the appointed time, the seer helped to arrange the train of the gown just so before slipping quickly into the small crowd, where she could watch with a wide smile as Evie started down the aisle.
Oh, I had a dream that you couldn't hear me screaming
Trying to tell you everything but it wouldn't stop you leaving
Minor powerplay allowed without permission.
Feel free to use force/magic on Alys.

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: OOC Account | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Like a self-contained blizzard, a white dragon snarls overhead with an ursur clutched between its claws. Flying towards the high cliffs that no doubt are its home, it’s probably a good thing that it already has its dinner for the evening, lest you have become its meal.

You’ve encountered a White Dragon. This counts as a rare creature encounter for the purposes of levelling, but does not count as a Random Event for levelling or MP. There will be no further admin/re intervention. If you choose to follow this creature, you do so at your own risk, however, just having it in this thread is enough to satisfy your levelling requirements. You may not kill your rare creature without admin permission.

White Dragons (Rare/mythical): Living in underground tunnels that are warded with ice and snow, white dragons hoard treasure and anything they deem beautiful. Often this means that one might find gold, gems, and frozen humans stored in their caves. They can speak the basic common tongue and can communicate telepathically with the attuned, though they are secretive, vain, and usually aloof and unhelpful.
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Change author:
Hotaru
It had been difficult to say the least to split her time between bride and groom. While she’d spent most of the day with Evie, helping primp and prepare her, she’d made sure to slip away - leaving the Evergreen to Alys’ capable care - to help with adjustments for Deimos’ suit and Kiada’s dress. Wanting to be both family and friend, sister and supporter. It was a shame she couldn’t clone herself, but given the small nature of the ceremony it hadn’t been overly necessary.

The last wedding in her memory is a painful one, and in contrast, even the beginnings of this one shine like sunlight. It’s clear how desperately the two love each other, even when separated and with only the future hours to look forward to. This will be her last big event in Halo, and Hotaru couldn’t be happier - or prouder - to have it belong to them. To see her brother, her best friend, incandescently happy on a day he has deserved all along, so that she can confidently leave him in Evie’s loving care so she might pursue her own happiness.

As the only person capable of doing it, Ru lets her side of the Attuned bond open up, emanating waves of support, happiness, and love to help Deimos stand a little stronger alone at the altar. It won’t be long now - in fact she can see Alys sneakily slipping back into place, clearly having cleverly fixed Evie’s train, and the Valkyrie winks at her for it.

But they are all here for one thing: to quietly gasp and gawk, stunned by the bride and her equally dashing groom, to linger and languish in the love that fills the air until it’s impossible to discern what is the heat of the greenhouse and what is the force of their affections. And Hotaru - a romantic to her core - can’t help the tears that well in her eyes as Evie begins to walk toward Deimos, their eyes holding no room for anyone but each other. Luckily she came prepared. Subtly she lifts a handkerchief to dab at her eyes, the other hand reaching for Kiada’s to squeeze tightly.
Don't forget who you are even though you are hurt
You are caught in a wire and soon it will burst
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Deimos
Is yours just as it was
With a flame-kissed and ivory-laden Evergreen proceeding, his eyes were wholly absorbed by the exquisite picture before him. Boldness and fire and everything encompassed within the confidence of their convictions, the trepidation ceased entirely (so not even a distant roar of a dragon could bother), and he tracked Evie’s movements, one by one by one on eternities’ spirals, until she was there before him. In another time or place, he might’ve shaken his head at Ru’s tears (and still remain wholly grateful for the touches of the Attuned bond swarming over his senses) or made faces at Kiada and Alys, but the whole of his attention had been carved into this instant entirely for the Evergreen, shared spaces and breaths and quiet nuances. He reached out his palm, a quiet whisper and a rumble under his breath. “Hey,” wrapping his fingers around hers and lifting the back of her hand to his lips, before ushering her closer along the front, breaking apart any other remaining worries.

There’d be no officiant but themselves; a regard for how they lived and governed their souls, what the world taught them to be. His broad grin was enough, piercing gaze following hers, recalling the words they’d written down in planning, intending to execute them without fail. No tremor, no apprehension, naught but the confidence of their intentions, of melding and molding themselves together. “Evie,” he began, “I love you – from your steadfastness, boldness, and kindness. You are brave, compassionate, confident, and inspiring. I would not seek to possess you or command you, but I will give you what is mine to give.” Pledges she’d seen and had before, in the stillness of their roles or the roar of their souls; offered repeatedly on endless bounties. He’d say it in words, he’d grant it in actions, and follow through on each and every notion.
I'm set alight
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Evie
She’s certain she doesn’t blink the entire way down the aisle. She wouldn’t want to even if she could. Deimos is devastatingly handsome in his carmine cloth, framed by blossoms and leaves; but it’s his eyes - transfixed and shining love from every fractal of blue - that hold hers so fixed, beckon her closer. As she walks past the lovely women gathered to witness their happiest day, she wants to smile their way, but Deimos’ hand is extending toward her and yet again there is nothing else in the world but him. She reaches for him immediately, and as he takes her hand and kisses the back her soft laugh is charmed and flushed like they’re on the first date instead of their wedding day. “Hey,” she murmurs, and it feels like they’d never parted.

Ru is not the only one a little glassy eyed, kept at bay only by the vibrancy of Deimos’ smile and the way her name sounds on his lips. As he speaks, vines begin to twine around one set of their joined hands, smooth and thornless against their skin in a living handfasting rope. Small buds begin to form as words she’d penned and memorized come as easy as breathing. “Deimos,” she echoes, “You are the most courageous man I have ever known. Loyal, steadfast, and selfless. You inspire me every day with your determination and your unwavering commitment to all that you hold dear.” His morals, their people, and most of all her.

“I love you not just for who you are, but who you inspire me to be; your love has changed me for the better, and continues to every day.” Little blossoms begin to part the buds, spotting colors and brushing soft petals against their bare skin and the sleeve of Deimos’ suit. “With you by my side there is no struggle too vast, no odds overwhelming.” Neither war, nor blight, nor whatever may yet await them in the future. “In sickness, strife, and all manner of turmoil, I will be your shelter and your support. Your love and your light. And I will pray every day for one day more to give to you my love.” Her hand in his squeezes, smile radiant. Though they hadn’t shared their full vows, they’d planned part of them to match, a substitute for an officiant they hadn’t desired to have.

“You cannot possess or command me, but I entrust myself and my heart to your care with willing intent. I will give you what is mine to give.” As they already have; building a life, a home, a kingdom together.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos
Is yours just as it was
Evie had always been more fluent and capable in words than he; and in the rapt demonstration of love and acceptance he couldn’t help but flush, cheeks reddening as he watched and peered and stared upon her. Another breath intermingled along phrases and diction, while the vines pressed and wove, joining hands and framing outlines; clasped dominions and solidified vows. Had one of his palms been free he might have brushed away the inevitable press of a tear from the corner of his eye, but instead he settled for some warm laugh in the back of his throat, uncertain where and how he’d come to deserve her or anyone else in that greenhouse. These instances reflected how far they’d all come, to be here and now, allowed to linger and express their devotions and affections. Another squeeze unfurled through interlocked fingers, and he gave an echo, a reverberation, a truth held near and dear. “I will be your sanctuary, your shield, your sword.”

Only thereafter did the vines pulse away, seemingly frozen in place, knotted along as they removed their hands, unyielding and strong, a representation of everything they were and would remain. He smiled at the tenacious roots and blossoms, before placing it on his arm for safekeeping, taking one hand away from hers only to snag at the matching rings laden within his pockets. “I pledge my loyalty, commitment, strength, and love to you,” presenting on another low rumble, before lowering his gaze to the circlets and bands, northern stars and auroras and portions of who they were – fortunate and bold. Taking hers, marked in difference only by the ivory stone, Deimos gently held her ring finger, sliding the object over skin and knuckles; presuming she would want to swap them around later.

Then he offered his own, so she might do the same for him.
I'm set alight
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Change author:
Evie
He may believe himself less eloquent, but the smile on his face as he'd watched her walk down the aisle, the way he'd reached for her, the words he speaks with such sincerity - they mean more to her than any flowery prose that wouldn't really be him. Already she feels as if she can see through the shine of his eyes into his heart, and she prays he can do the same, because all he will see there is the love that swells and strains against the bonds of her physical body.

The sight of a small tear makes her laugh quietly, blinking quickly as tiny diamond tears cling to her lower lashes in understanding. All of this feels too big for her mortal form, and she understands now why Mort is the personification of everlasting love, because a love like this couldn't possibly end at death's door.

As they both gently remove their hands from the intertwined vines and blossoms, Evie can't even spare a glance for it. Instead, she is enraptured by the sight of his hands around one of her own, gently sliding on the ring he'd made for her on the rooftop of the home they'd made together. Now the first few happy tears begin to drip off her lashes, spotting her smiling cheeks. Her own hands are sure and gentle as she takes up Deimos', sliding his matching ring onto his finger. As she does, she vows, "I pledge my loyalty, my strength, my patience and understanding. And, above all, my love."

And here they are. Rings adorning both their fingers, their loved ones watching on, the fruit of all their labor immediately surrounding them and stretching out for miles and miles. "And I vow to you, Deimos Ignatius, that I shall be your wife; now and forevermore." Waiting for him to say the same is almost impossible, knowing it is the last thing she needs to hear before her smile turns into a radiant grin. "Now kiss your bride," she commands, simultaneously lofty and thick with joyous tears, as she pulls on his hands to bring him halfway - ready to meet him in the middle as she always has.
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
Deimos
Is yours just as it was
Deimos would always make up for his lack of words with actions; and he trusted she knew this, no matter how concise or true. He glanced down at her voice, at her words, absorbing them for all the strength, might, and patience behind them, lighter blessings of a thousand suns and flames. Watching as the ring slid across his finger too, as symbolic gestures persisted, peaks and mountains and auroras pressed against their skin until it was just them and them and them. Another laugh lifted from his chest, warm and bright, bending into her at more vows and radiance, or the level of impatience always felled from her. “I vow to you, Evie Wordsworth, that I shall be your husband, now and forevermore.”

Deimos couldn’t help the snort at the following command, but took the demand wholeheartedly, settling his hands and fingers over hers once more, waiting for her to raise the rest of her features to him in blinding touches and gentle motions. Wholly pervaded by love and devotion, the surroundings might not have mattered at all in those segments and snippets, not between their regards and joy. Eyes closed, he needed only the reaches of her existence, lips pressed into hers, heartfelt, ardent, fervent, and committed, a devout reel of emotion staunch and steadfast in his ribcage, in the canvas of his soul.
I'm set alight
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Change author:
Evie
Though nobody will know it for a time, this will be the last time she hears that version of her name from his lips, and it feels as if any shackles holding her to an old and painful past shatter into nothingness as she takes her first step into this beautiful new life. A life they’ve built with their own hands, shaping and stubbornly carving out space for their own bit of peace and happiness. Creating a family out of love instead of lineage.

His laughter is the perfect prelude to their first kiss as newlyweds, for it was the sound she chased well before she knew she was in love with him. Evie chases it again now, arms coming up to wrap around his neck until any space between them is eradicated, pressing her lips to his and reveling in the small wave of cheers that go up around them. She pours every liquid piece of her heart into the space between their lips; and when they finally part, she doesn’t hesitate in kissing him immediately a second time.

Just for good measure.

- Fin <333