Mini Event For which your soul has always yearned
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9747
Evie
they say love is a journey, and I promise that I'll never leave
Hand-in-hand, petals still clinging stubbornly in their hair, Evie and Deimos arrive at their reception to a swell of noise and cheer. Popper explode, sending confetti into the air. People raise their glasses - the first of many - and every eye seems to be on the newlyweds as they arrive at the beginnings of a celebration dedicated to the Wardens of Halo and their happiness.

Laughing brightly, flanked by the wonderful women who had attended the private ceremony and her beloved at her side, Evie’s cheeks are pink and radiant as she waves a hand to try and quell the noise for a brief moment. Even so, she lifts her voice loud, baffled and honored by the amount of faces she sees. “Thank you all for coming! I promise we will do our best to say hello to everyone, but while we do, please enjoy everything we have set up to your heart’s content!” The giant bonfire center to the party illuminates long tables filled with food and an array of both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. Live music plays quietly, sure to fill the area with sound the moment she is done speaking. A stage area for dancing covers the cobblestone near the musicians, ensuring there was something for everyone to do.

“We’re married! Let’s celebrate!” It’s a joyous cry, one that is met with a resounding swell in response, and Evie’s laughter is swallowed up by the shared happiness of all the people who had cared enough to attend. Even so, as she turns to Deimos at her side, trusting he will take them somewhere first, it’s clear she still has eyes only for him.

- - -

Welcome to the Mini Event celebrating Deimos and Evie’s wedding! There’s food, drinks, dancing, music, and a giant bonfire.

Everyone is welcome, including any visitors from outside of Halo!
When it's all too heavy to carry, Remember this moment with me
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Deimos

He didn’t shake the petals from his hair or remove her hand from his; coming in together to the swell of song and dance, jubilation and merriment, was enough of an overwhelming fixture that he could only snort, then laugh. Evie’s announcement rang throughout without needing a word from him, and he kept her tucked along his side as they wove along people, nodding his head, cheeks flushed, whirlwind notions curling through his mind. “Thank you,” he proclaimed after her, already wondering how long it would take for him to be overwhelmed and yearn to fade into the vastness of their evening.

Ordinarily he’d seek out Kiada or Ru for some sort of comforting balance between footholds of others; solidarity in family, but for now they’d rest on the stirring of music, intentionally pressing footholds across towards the snack table, the trepidation of nerves no longer at war within, and the famished sentiments had begun to settle. “Food first,” he insisted, a joke of a whisper in her ear, which she probably expected. Snagging at a flute of champagne for each of them, a starter, he passed one over to the Evergreen while he gathered plates for them.
it's not the waking, it's the rising
It's the fire it ignites
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2935
Sah

Sah watches the happy couple arrive with a radiant grin. Seeing his friends so joyous warms him to the core. Evie and Deimos deserve this happiness; seeing them finally get it is a triumph to celebrate. The Wild Thunder was already by the food, as he usually was at these sorts of things.  As the couple comes over to fill their plates, he's happy to warmly greet them, "Congratulations you two." He tilts the champagne flute in his hand towards them, "I wish you nothing but happiness."

The Abandoned is tempted to pull them both into a hug but seeing their held hands, he doesn't want to force them to let go of each other. They've waited long enough for this.
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
REMI
the lullaby
there's a light that you give me
when I'm in shadow
"I love you so much." Remi whispers, tugging Ronin to a halt before the Nova can open the door to the greenhouse. Weddings always put the Lullaby in an obnoxiously sappy mood, and today is no different. Lacing his fingers through Ronin's hand, taking care to feel every fingerprint whorl and callus, Remi squeezes softly and sighs into the space between them. "I always wish I had better words for it. You would think after all these years of saying so, I would have thought some up, but," shrugging, boyish and joyful, Remi can only smile softly. "It is only you, for me."

Looking put together only because Ronin had picked out what he should wear, he adjusted his tie briefly so as to feel less like it was strangling him, before giving Ronin a silent nod to indicate he was ready to go in.

Congratulations. I do not think I have ever seen you so happy. He called silently out to Deimos, that he might not have to yell above the crowd. Waiting for a moment when the Evergreen was not otherwise engaged, Remi made his way to her, offering a warm smile. It had been years since the pair had talked—at some leadership gathering probably, and before that, gods so many years before that, when Remi had dated her twin—but for well-wishing that hardly seemed to matter. "You look absolutely beautiful." He said with a crooked smile.  "I wish you a long life, filled with as much joy as you feel now, if not more."
there's a feeling you give me, an everglow
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: OOC Account | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
bones, bones, bones, bones, bones, bones, bones, bones, bones, bones, bones, bones, bones, bones.

You've encountered the OG random event! This allows you to skip one levelling requirement with the character in this thread. (Unfortunately does not count for characters over level 10, how sad.)

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin/Moderator Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
artemide
Though Safrin could not be in attendance, that did not mean she had not planned as meticulously for this moment as much as the two newlyweds.

Regardless of the time of day or how long the festivities go for, stars will sparkle overhead appearing almost close enough to touch. No matter the frivolity or chaos, both Deimos and Evie's attire will remain utterly pristine, as will their hair and makeup, and even the scents they've chosen to douse themselves with.
Alys Glasse
Seer

Age: 27 | Height: 5'2" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 8 - Int:
SASCHA - Regular - Ursur
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
Alys
The reception was every bit as beautiful as the ceremony, even if the number of people in attendance made Alys want to fade into the wallpaper. Still, she'd promised Evie that she would help she and Deimos escape, when the time came, and so the seer resisted the urge to run from the crowds. Even if there didn't appear to be many people she knew, aside from the bride and groom.

Which was fine, really. This wasn't her day. This was theirs.

And so she watched with a small smile on her face as the pair were greeted and congratulated, until it was her turn to slip to the couples' side. "You are radiant," she told Evie with a warm smile. She'd said much the same before the ceremony, while she and Hotaru had helped the Evergreen to get ready, but it was a sentiment that bore repeating. Then she turned her attention to Deimos, taking in the pair proudly. "Congratulations. I wish you both all the happiness in the world."
I'd meet you where the spirit meets the bones
Minor powerplay allowed without permission.
Feel free to use force/magic on Alys.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 59 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 81 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3101

"There are no words I'd rather hear coming from you," Ronin objects with warm affection, obediently falling to a stop before the greenhouse doors. Lifting their laced hands, he leans in to press a kiss to the back of Remi's palm, drinking in the somewhat giddy feelings radiating from his husband and letting them flush through him in turn.

Once the Lullaby is content to go in, Ronin follows suit and heads into the party. Finding a drink, he raises it in a toast to both Evie and Deimos, before delivering a kiss to Remi's cheek and approaching the latter.

"Everyone will have said it," he murmurs to the Sword, "but congratulations. You both deserve every bit of this."

ronypony
it's always nice to make an impression
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Deimos

They wouldn’t be left to their own devices for long – something Deimos expected – but it was with a wide grin and clear contentment that he faced the rush of well-wishers. “Thank you,” he first gave to Sah, and seeing the moment, shook his head and granted the man a side hug, enough to extend the compassion and kindness for what it was worth.

Remi surprised him by arriving that much sooner, flickering into his mind as he briefly tucked away a piece of bread. Much appreciated and he gave him a wry glance as more words came flickering towards Evie. Nor you.

Other pieces and portions fell into place, and he couldn’t help but notice the pristine nature of the hour, the luminary particles beginning to etch their way into the sky. He wondered, and had faith enough, to extend the acknowledgments into the bridges and branches of the evening. Thank you, Safrin.

Alys provided him a layer of opportunity for mischief as she meandered by again, his brow arching at the extended compliment to Evie. “And I am not?” Granting her a wrinkled nose to ensure he was clearly teasing, he obliged her another nod of his head. “Thank you.”

Ronin sliding in wasn’t a shock, not after Remi, but he still grinned, beginning to hand over pieces of cake to anyone nearby. “Thank you as well. Make sure to enjoy yourselves while you are here.”
it's not the waking, it's the rising
It's the fire it ignites
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Change author:
Evie
they say love is a journey, and I promise that I'll never leave
Evie could have recited Deimos' reply in perfect harmony with his delivery, which makes her grin stretch ever wider in ways she didn't think could be possible. "Lead the way husband," she bids, surely giving the worst moon eyes anyone in attendance has seen (aside from perhaps Remi and Ronin if they were in possession of convenient mirrors). As they venture toward the refreshments, the stars overhead draw her attention, and Evie presses her free hand briefly to her breast as she looks up at them. She has never met Safrin personally, but she is certainly the second most important in Evie's life, and her symbolic attendance is deeply moving.

Sah pulls her from the heavens above, and though Evie does not have champagne yet she plucks one from the table to return his toast with a beaming smile as he and Deimos embrace, moving forward to squeeze his elbow since the Sword has taken up the rest of his body. "Thank you," she effuses, aware she will likely be saying it all evening and quite looking forward to it.

Remi is a wonderful surprise. Evie has not seen him in years, and he looks much happier now than in those fateful days. Automatically her hands reach to take one of his, feeling an old kinship with faces from her past. "Oh, Remi. It is so good to see you. Thank you so much for coming," she murmurs, aware it may have been on Deimos' behalf but appreciative of the gift of his presence. "I don't think I can possibly fit any more joy in my body," she admits on a laugh, overwhelmed by the weight of the love in her veins. "But thank you. Please, visit us more? That would be a much greater gift." Winking at Ronin to include him in the request, she pulls the Lullaby into a quick side-hug before gracefully letting him go.

Three flutes of champagne down, Alys' timely arrival keeps her from reaching for another to darken the slight flush in her cheeks, though the Seer's compliment achieves it nonetheless. "It's largely due to your help," she laughs, certain she's never been complimented so thoroughly in her life and struggling between blossoming beneath it and shying away. Reaching for the woman's hand, she squeezes briefly, smile softening. "Thank you again for being there for me. It meant the world." While their friendship is a fledgling thing, having cherished women surrounding her and supporting her on her special day had kept Evie floating on a high of friendship that kept the bittersweet evidence of her lost family at bay.
When it's all too heavy to carry, Remember this moment with me
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2935
Sah

Sah grins widely, happily returning Deimos' hug and giving Evie's hand a quick squeeze as he pulls back. "Of course." He glances at the long line of incoming well wishes, "I'll let you get to it." With a warm smile, he steps back to let others reach the newlyweds. It's no surprise that people have come from all over Caido to wish the couple well. They've made a massive impact on dozens of lives over the years.

Sipping his drink, the Wild Thunder melts into the background as he grabs a plate overflowing with food. Once the greetings are complete and the alcohol has flowed, he's sure that there will be some entertainment to be had. These events never disappointed in terms of people watching.
My soul is in the sky
-William Shakespeare
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Change author:
HOTARU

It doesn't take much to keep from crossing paths with Ronin in a crowd this large, but even if she had been forced to, Hotaru is already blessed enough to have been invited to participate in and witness the intimate ceremony preceding the celebration. She takes one hand each of the new married couple and kisses both of their cheeks when she finds a good moment to step close and take their time for herself for a while, smiling brightly to see them both radiating such pure happiness.

"I'm so happy for you both. If you want to slip away early, Alys and I have a distraction planned," she assures with a grin, having eagerly joined the crusade when she'd heard about it from her friend. Aside from having sewn the dress and suit for the lovely couple, Hotaru has her own gift to give - though it was too large to bother taking up their hands with at a party. "I left my gift boxed on your front porch. Tell me what you think of it, okay?" It was a quilt made out of garments from those loved and lost, pieces of their wedding garb, and handwritten notes on fabric from those still present. It would keep them warm and help bless their house with memories of loved ones.

Turning, Ru signals to Alys to begin preparing their distraction, ready to cover their disappearance as soon as they gave the word. But not before one final squeeze of their hands and a fervent congratulations, heart brimming with love and happiness for the two of them.

- Fin!
Oh, drunken gods of slaughter
You know I've always been your favorite daughter
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.