[SE] A Hazy Shade of Winter
For Maea
Thalassa Sanguis
Pirate Captain

Age: 25 | Height: 5'2" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 8 - Int:
Played by: Dew Offline
Change author:
MP: 365
I fear no monsters, for no monsters I see.
The snow falls around her in clumps, drifting down through the fog as if from invisible tree branches. A chill runs down her spine from the cold seeping into her bones and the creepy tombs dotting the hills. Although leafchange has come to an end, the veil between realms feels thin here, as if the fog might disguise a wandering spirit or a whispered voice. She looks closely at the stone frames and their rusted iron doors. Her untrained eyes tell her nothing about who may be buried within.

Thal sighs, causing a white cloud to obscure her vision momentarily. Although it seems pointless, she hopes that the neutral grounds might serve as an ice breaker between her and Maea. The snowy weather may even be able to dampen their fiery tempers and act as a balm to painful memories. If not, they will freeze together in a foreign land full of unknown souls. Either way, Thal is determined to clear the air.
because all this time the monster has been me.
THALASSA
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
Maea
And I never know what to say
'Til I'm already walking away
She had never been so glad for new clothes as she was this Deepfrost. The season had barely even begun and Maea already held a newfound appreciation for socks, knitted sweaters and mulled wine, not to mention the Halo-crafted coat that kept the worst of the chill at bay. She still looked rather miserable as she came trudging through the snow. High slits in the long skirt made her new dress easy enough to walk in, but a layer of white powder was steadily building up along the hem that would soak moisture up to the knees the moment it started to melt. Bundled up in layer upon layer of wool and silk, she squinted at Thalassa through a narrow gap between hat and muffler.

"Is there a reason why we couldn't meet indoors?" Fire danced around her like so many will-o-wisps, warming the air marginally; still, it wouldn't let them stay outdoors for very long before it became dangerous.
Wanna punch you in the face
But I won't, but I might, but I won't
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦
Thalassa Sanguis
Pirate Captain

Age: 25 | Height: 5'2" | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 1 - Strg: 10 - Dext: 14 - Endr: 15 - Luck: 8 - Int:
Played by: Dew Offline
Change author:
MP: 365
I fear no monsters, for no monsters I see.
Maea's approach was more welcomed than not at the prospect of clearing the air so that they could promptly leave, even if she looked like a heap of walking clothes. Thal could barely make out her pale skin peaking out around her eyes. It would be hard to have a conversation when she was tempted to laugh at the speaking bundle of fabric and fur.

She chuckled at Maea's question. "I figured we could bury our quarrel in the snow amongst other forgotten disputes. Although these ended in a different way, perhaps we can settle ours in a more civilized manner. Maybe scream at each other again until our throats go hoarse? After all, only the dead can hear us out here." Thal reached out her arm in emphasis of the empty snow hills that wouldn't cast judgement on their recent exchange of choice words that resulted in the eternal rest of her sister-in-law. Her own feelings were still hurt so she couldn't imagine the other Ancient's own emotions. With her arms outstretched, Thal gave Maea a challenging grin. "Do your worst."
because all this time the monster has been me.
THALASSA
Maea Valair
Hollowed Grounds Ambassador / Loreseeker

Age: 30 | Height: 156 cm / 5'1 ft | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 5 - Strg: 22 - Dext: 22 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 23 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
Maea
And I never know what to say
'Til I'm already walking away
Tucking her gloved hands into the pockets of her coat, Maea followed the widespread arms to gaze across the landscape. Blanketed in white, the brightness stung her eyes even under an overcast sky, and the bitterly cold wind echoed a chill that had settled somewhere near her heart ever since their clash in her office.

"There isn't really anything to discuss, is there," she said, pale eyes turning back on Thalassa. "I asked for your assistance. You gave it, and we solved the problem. That's all there is to it." She didn't think any amount of snowballs thrown could make up for the harsh words she had been subjected to. It didn't really matter that they had been true - what hurt would always hurt, and that was that.

"I'm not holding it against you. Just let it lie."  She could be civil and polite about it if they ran into one another; it wasn't like they needed to hang around one another, and as Thalassa was a nomad they had plenty of opportunity to steer clear.
Wanna punch you in the face
But I won't, but I might, but I won't
♦ Violence, magic, thievery is permitted with Maea at all times. DM me if you have any ideas ♦