[se] tough enough to weather
For Sah!/ kite flying
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Level: 5 - Strg: 20 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 19 - Int:
MITTENS - Mythical - Abominable Snowball
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
Lena
and sweetest in the gale is heard
and sore must be the storm
It was not very often that Mittens got away from Lena, but when it did, mischief, melee, and some manner of nefarious dwellings had been arranged.

So today, amidst the warm air clashing with the thundering nature overhead, the Caretaker found her companion wildly content and amused, a kite string in its mouth, tethered and tied to an image depicting a youthful and cartoonish looking wyrm. “Honestly,” she uttered on a low whisper, following after the beast in a slow walk, as if she weren’t chasing the little cretin. “Did you steal that from a child?”

Mittens only answered with a raucous war cry, turned itself upside down, and continued parading along in levitating form, just out of reach.
that could abash the little bird
that kept so many warm
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2935
I have never feared the storm
Sah had reservations about returning to Stormbreak, half convinced that the Abandoned welcome would prove to be only surface-level. At the announcement event, the number of whispers had given him pause, enough to fuel his already present wariness. It was as he was walking down the street that he spotted a merchant selling kits to make kites. Half out of boredom and half out of a need to blend in, he bought one. The kite assembly was easy enough and soon he had a simple blue kite of his own.

Now invested, he headed to where the merchant had suggested flying it. Attaching his kite to a tree branch to free his hands, Sah used his magic to direct it as it flew in the wind. It was as he was relaxing by the hot spring that an odd sight rushed past him.

Blinking, the Abandoned tried to process the bizarre, screaming, creature that flew by with a kite. Moments later a vaguely familiar face appeared and Sah called out, "Lena, right? Do you know what that creature...was? The one who was very enthusiastic about their kite."
Sah
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Age: 28 | Height: 5'9" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Stormbreak
Change author:
Lena
Lena’s attention meandered briefly, and probably exactly what Mittens had hoped, the moment someone else spoke out loud. Too focused on her chase with the abominable snowball, she hadn’t glanced about her surroundings – blinking suddenly, mildly bewildered, to find them amongst the clear waters and with a vaguely familiar individual nearby. “Oh, hello Sah. I hope you’re enjoying Stormbreak.” She hitched her basket further up her shoulder, as if this was all a normal happenstance, before shifting her attention back to the now cawing little beast.

As far as the creature, she could only cringe slightly, the half of her smile crooked and embarrassed. “That would be Mittens, my companion. Fairly certain it snagged the kite in an unsavory way.” The Caretaker wouldn’t put the ivory demon above petty thievery or frightening a youth purposefully, especially to snag a prize.

Sighing and shaking her head, she gave an ultimatum. “Last chance before I come get it,” for she’d be able to chase the infidel faster, swifter, in her bird form.
that kept so many warm
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
The Wild Thunder nodded, eyes still trailing the odd creature, "Yes. It's quite beautiful." The city was unfamiliar, entirely different than of the other regions of Caido that he'd been to. Yet its charm was undeniable.

Lena's next words made him refocus on her as his lips twitched into a smile, "Mittens?" He chuckled, all too familiar with the notions of a mischievous companion. To name what appeared to be sentient snow after clothing was a notion unfamiliar to him. Though with Lilly and Pad, who was Sah to judge?

Sah watched quietly as Lena dealt with her snow. He might be able to use his magic to corral the creature, but this was still Stormbreak. The Abandoned was unsure of how even an offer of such aid might be perceived. He did the only thing he felt was safe to do and stepped to the side block one of the possible exit routes that Mittens could take.
Sah

Age: 3 | Height: | Race: OOC Account | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
(If this thread takes place at night...)

Glancing up, something catches your eye. Not the moon, or at least, not that moon. Faintly, just off to the side where the moon hangs bright and clear, seems to be another moon. Or at least, a very large star.

Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
Content to hear that Stormbreak had at least tended to the Abandoned’s needs in the wake of aesthetics, she smiled once more. “You’ll have to come to the Celestine sometime. It’s also breathtakingly beautiful.” Even if she was biased, a plentiful horde of people would render it much the same. "Where have you been so far?"

Nodding at the inclination of said companion, who was beginning to spin in rapidly, taking the kite with it in curlicue formation, the Caretaker sighed. “I’ll just be a moment,” she promised, leaving her precious basket along one of the rock outcroppings, away from any ensuing disaster.

To which she promptly altered and shifted, instantly avian, and silver, pink-ish hued wings gave chase to the startled creature, who began shrieking once more.
we are more weather pattern than stone monument
sunlight on mist; summer lightning
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah returned the smile with a nod, "I'm planning to go soon. I'd like to visit the shrine there as well." Stormbreak had been the center of the Old God's power for so long, that it seemed fitting to pray there at least once. Even if Safrin was away, maybe he could still wish her luck in whatever she was facing. "Just the plaza and here, mostly. I'm hoping to see more of it while I'm here. Do you have any recommendations?"

Lena moved to handle her companion and Sah gave another nod, "Of course." He watched with some amusement as she shifted to pursue her mischievous companion. As she did so, he kept an eye on her basket, guarding it without being asked.
Sah
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
Lena listened, content to answer the Abandoned once she’d settled in her own actions. It didn’t take long, for Mittens seemed to understand she meant exactly as she proclaimed, and the companion sent itself into a fit of dramatic hysterics, rolling, tumbling, descending downward much like a miniature steamroller, as her talons grabbed hold of the kite’s string. It was released immediately from the snowball, and she could pleasantly land with it still gripped within, before shifting back entirely, and pretending this hadn’t been a scene all on its own.

As Mittens continued to wail and screech at its lost, and absconded toy, Lena wrapped it around her wrist, pondering how she’d find the poor owner. In the meantime though, she dusted herself off and slung the basket back upon her arm, finally paying attention to Sah again. “There’s always the Collegium too, if you’re interested in reading.” She knew it wasn’t the case for everyone. “But Very rich in history.” Pausing, she thought some more. "The Temple might intrigue you too."
that kept so many warm
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah's lips twitched at the snowball's tantrum. What an interesting companion, more personality than physical form. Perhaps that was exactly what Mittens was? Spite so powerful it took shape and gained sentience. Lena returned and he listened intently, perking up as she spoke.

"I'll have to make time for both. When I first came to Caido, books were an absolute asset in helping me adjust." He'd had a soft spot for the things since. Some questions had been crucial to answer but too personal to ask the people he had yet to grow close with. Nowadays, he could seek them out for such things at least.

"Where is the Collegium? I think I'll head there now before it gets too late." A hot chocolate and a book sounded wonderful. With the storms in his ear and the crackle of a fire in the background, it'd be a perfect way to end the day.
Sah
Lena Magnus
Celestine Caretaker

Change author:
Lena
Scooping Mittens up into her hands once it had been emptied of all its dramatic feelings, Lena nodded along with Sah’s notions – books, knowledge in general was a must, and something the Caretaker could always trust in. A wealth of information was never a bad thing, and considering for how long Abandoned hadn’t been allowed into such chambers, or this world at all, she figured she owed it to them to at least show the way. “Of course. I can head there with you now. I need to see who this belongs to anyway,” indicating the kite flying behind them.

Turning down another pathway, she started unfurling the directions, in case Sah ever deigned to come back and forth here again. “If you turn left, you’ll find you travel down here a ways, and then…”

{FIN}
that kept so many warm