Personal Quest i've got an atlas in my hands
King's End Council Building!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
// corn liquor tastes sweeter in this town
could it be it's the same as the last? //
Closer to the House of Midnight than the Refuge, yet far enough away to not be directly next to the building, is where Sunjata decides to place the building that would soon be King’s End government building. It’s set in Meadowreach, with the blooming flowers a beautiful backdrop for what he hopes to be a stunning building, capable of keeping the official work of ruling this vast land and his own personal life separate.

He's managed well enough so far, spending the past couple of weeks preparing the tools and materials required to make it work. So much so, that when he arrives with Hotaru, it’s only one wagon (full of furnishing items) that needs to come with – the wood, stone, windows, and shingles already placed in a mound alongside where he’d already measured and placed sticks into the earth to know where the boundaries should be.

It isn’t long before a group from the Refuge arrives as well, content to be put to work to help speed up the process to get this building made. A feat that Sunjata, shifting back into his human form from his Nyala to bring the cart, thanks them for. The day itself is one of the dry ones this week, partial cloud coverage offering some refuge from the pale Flowerbirth sun.

Putting together the government building for Kings End!! Please post your arrival <33

1. Sunjata
2. Hotaru
3. Flora <3
the flood
// i swear i've seen your face elsewhere before
just as familiar as a bottle and a glass //
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake
Owner of The Hanged Man / Queen of Torchline

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 30 - Dext: 32 - Endr: 35 - Luck: 34 - Int: 1
SPICE - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
flora

Well, there was simply no reason not to make this a family affair, right?

"Oh hey fam." Flora calls out brightly as she weaves her way through those who have arrived from the House of Midnight to lend their assistance, until she's standing in front of her mother and maybe soon to be be step father Sunjata. "Seems like you already have more than enough help, but if there's anything I can do just say the word."

Quite what Flora is doing back in King's End is anyone's guess. Is she here to fulfill a leveling requirement? to see her mother? to go back to the crash site now that she's been bitten by a void dog? to simply cause some trouble? Or, you know, maybe she's just here to help.
let me taste your silhouette
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9747
Valkyrie

Meadowreach is beautiful and blessedly dry, and Hotaru gazes out over the flowers as she climbs off the cart, appreciative of the view and the promise the location holds. As Sunjata shifts back, Ru gravitates to his side and loops her arm around his own as the various workers begin to convene. It's a promising turn-out; perhaps this will go faster than planned.

Flora's voice is unmistakable even amidst the hustle and bustle, and Hotaru abandons her oversight of the location to spin eagerly on her heel, hunting for a familiar head of blond hair. Hotaru abandons Sunjata's arm to meet Flora halfway with a radiant smile. "Hello petal," she greets warmly, reaching for her to plant kisses on her cheeks. "Don't worry, skilled help is far more valuable than a surplus of extra hands," she assures loftily, winking and looping an arm around Flora's waist. She turns her attention to Sunjata, one blonde brow rising expectantly. "What first, Sunny?"
Just let me hold you while you're falling apart
Just let me hold you and we'll both fall down
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Hotaru’s arm slips easily into his own, at least momentarily before another familiar blonde joins their crew, a bright smile of greeting offered as he watches the woman at his side immediately dart to her daughter. “Hey Flora.” His lips part to offer an easy comment about how he’d always take her help when the Valkyrie beats him to it, humming a soft laugh in response until her dual toned eyes are fixated on him – along with everyone else’s.

Well, first we need to dig out the foundation in the boundaries I’ve already set and get the stones placed. Someone can also start unloading the cart, given that it’s drier than I had anticipated.” He glances up to the sky to ensure that’s true, wondering belatedly whether his water magic could control the rain to make a dry dome should it start. Thankfully, he doesn’t need to worry about it and instead gestures to the rest of the materials to get started.

Sunjata himself focuses on the foundation digging, stepping far enough away to not knock anyone or anything over to shift into his draconic form, returning to let his large clawed hands start to dig within the lines given, hauling the dirt out and off to the side in a pile – one perhaps they could use to make a garden entry way later?

First things first! Someone and a group to help Sunjata dig out the foundation and someone with another group to unload the wagon of the chairs, desk, and other furnishing items!! No post order <3
the flood
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Valkyrie

Of the two options, one is definitely easier for someone who doesn't have magic, so Hotaru drops another kiss in Flora's hair (or two, just because she wants to) and flits off to Sunjata's side at the perimeter line. The Valkyrie is certain that Flora can elegantly direct any of the workers lingering around the wagon if she needs a few extra hands.

As for hands - Hotaru abandons her own in the same way Sunjata does, though her claws are far more pitiful compared to his. Earth magic has stubbornly been the last to join the ranks in her amalgamation of power, so this is the best assistance she can provide while still being slightly faster than the shovel-wielding citizens in their midst who had fallen into line after their soon-to-be figurehead.

- - -

Ru shifts to her mountain lion form to help dig out the foundation alongside some shovel-wielding NPCs!
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Age: 21 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
flora

"Mwaaahhhhhh." Flora purrs, stretching out her arms to receive her mother and melting beneath Hotaru's many welcome affections. Knowing there will be plenty of time to make uncomfortable jokes at her mother and Sunjata's expense, the Doubletake allows Hotaru to pull away with just an affectionate roll of her eyes.

Watching the pair shift with her eyebrows raised and a muttered, "damn", Flora spins on her heel to brightly address the remainder of those who had gathered to help the Flood. "Well, we can't have Sunjata ruling from an empty room, now can we?" She wonders theatrically, before waggling her fingers at the wagon before pointing toward the building. "First one to unload the wagon gets free drinks at the House of Midnight!" Flora calls out enthusiastically, before glancing over her shoulder and tipping a cheerful wink toward a certain dragon who'd not been consulted on this particular form of payment.

Flora bribes the workers with free booze @ Sunny's if they hustle.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
The pile of dirt beside the perimeter starts to grow as Hotaru and Sunjata get to work, a few helpers digging out the edges to make it smooth and level enough for the foundation to be added in and be even – not needing to worry about the idea of things slipping off of shelves with unseen slopes. It’s during this time that Sunjata hears Flora’s offer, the dragon’s work pausing immediately as he scouts out the young woman with as close to a draconic snort of amusement as this shift would allow.

Clearly not having a problem with it, the work gets done quickly, a broad-shouldered abandoned being the first to win the offer of free drinks who shoots Flora a grin of accomplishment. Either way, the cart unloaded which allows for them to use it to start work on the foundation. The group Flora is with begins to load it with stone and wood, while two of the crew start to work on preparing the mortar for the stones. Hotaru and Sunjata finish up the foundation, and he shifts back to himself, fingertips darkened by the dirt still clinging even in this form. “Great job, now let’s get the foundation and framing started.” The group splits, some preparing the stones while others start to help with the framing as they lay out the stones and mortar around it to ensure they have a good steady foothold.

Round two!

The group has split, choose between framing and laying out the stones and mortar!
the flood
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Valkyrie

Sunjata will surely feel her amusement at Flora's tactics at his expense, undeniably proud and equally gleeful over her target of choice - especially when it works. It's a shame she has to focus on the dirt beneath her claws, whatever is going on over there sounds like fun to watch.

When she shifts back, she neatly begins cleaning out her now dirtied human nails, primly composing herself while Sunjata begins taking charge of the rest of the group. When she's satisfied with the cleanliness of her hands she steps out of the torn-up perimeter of dirt and evaluates her next choice. Unwilling to stoop for so long and content to utilize her magic, Hotaru helps with framing. She does not need to rely on her compulsion to shape up her fellows when their boards are off-center, the quickness of her tongue and the perfectionism behind her sharp eyes plenty of warning to shape up fast.

- - -

Hotaru helps with framing!
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
flora

Honestly, being a good people leader was all about finding what was most needed and wanted and doing your best to supply it. Of course in King's End that was made all the more obvious given the limited resources presently available and if Flora had learned one thing from the Hanged Man, it was that almost no one turned down a free drink.

Reaching out a hand to flick the ear of a man who had been doing little else than eye-fucking her mother for the past few minutes, Flora loudly cleared her throat and crossed her arms that he might get the fuck back to work.

"Mmmm, maybe a bit more this way?' Pointing, Flora nudges one of the stones with her toe, making the most immaterial change possible, while fluttering her lashes in doe-eyed appreciation. "Omg, perf." She trills, eyebrows waggling with sugary gratitude.

Flora "helps" the stone team.
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
He does feel the amusement, and it draws his own in return. She certainly knew how to work the crowds, and for that it adds an extra push of enthusiasm into their groups. Sunjata alternates between helping with the framing and the stone work, watching as Hotaru succeeds in keeping her group from growing too careless where the boards are placed and nailed into one another, a feat that is reflected in her daughter as Flora figuratively whips one rogue worker into shape.

All things he would have had to do if not for the two brilliant women helping him with this group today.

It takes some time, but the shell of the building and the floor are in place, stones placed as brickwork to get the base of the foundation completed for the walls as well, and with it a midday break to drink some water and fuel up on food – a small fire nearby to dry off the sweat with as well as cook up the poultry caught for this whole purpose.

Looking good.” Sunjata compliments, flashing an easy grin toward Hotaru and Flora, knowing they did most of the work of making sure the workers don’t just go and fuck off.

But now that means the walls and the roof are left to flesh out the exterior. “Alright, so now we need a group to work on putting up the exterior walls and windows and the interior walls, and I will help with getting the roof on.” He gestures to the pile of material beside him, already preparing to shift with the navy blue feathers that start to sprout on his shoulders and neck, filling out the already there tattoos as the group breaks to start work again.

Round 3!!

One group for exterior walls and installing windows, one group for interior walls and doors, and Sunjata will take the group with the roof!
the flood
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Valkyrie

Hotaru is scarcely ever unaware of things like eye-fucking, though she doesn't often entertain it - Sunjata is right there after all, there's certainly no competition for her attention - but she can't help but to snort a laugh to herself when Flora intervenes with a truly impressive stink eye.

It's hard work, but Flora and Hotaru wouldn't know that given they are delegating and coordinating more than getting their hands dirty. As such it's far from surprising when Hotaru chooses to work on interior walls as opposed to exterior, preferring to contend with dust and debris from Sunjata installing the roof as opposed to the fickle elements outside. The weather is holding, but the Valkyrie isn't counting on that happening for much longer.

This time she does help. Sort of. A quick touch of her hand to a recalcitrant man and a touch of compulsion lends itself to their efforts, murmuring, "Go help with that wall - silently," then she watches him walk off with firmly closed lips, ending his annoying muttered complaints. Satisfied, she assists with nailing the drywall as it's held in place, blissfully free of the metaphorical fly in her ear.

- - -

Ru helps with interior walls and (questionable methods) delegation!
Flora Kaito-Taliesin
the Doubletake

Change author:
flora

"Oh, I see how it is." Flora huffs theatrically as she is spared neither the weather nor the debris from Sunjata's efforts above. Of course, it doesn't matter to her at all given her methods of helping are going to remain the same.

Thus it's more rinse and repeat on Flora's end, so much so that she has time to wonder why someone doesn't just make ready-to-build guild kits or housing kits or government-building-kits given how often she feels like precisely this sort of work is done.

"Maybe you should take that jacket off, so it doesn't catch on those boards?" The girl suggestions to one working who looks at least roughly her size. Obediently he does as he's told, and no sooner is it off his shoulders, than Flora has whipped it around hers to keep herself warm. Errr, to keep it safe.

Flora continues to delegate on the exterior!
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Luckily for Flora, Sunjata keeps everything contained to the roof – and if anyone gets any dust drifting down to them, it’s Hotaru. For the most part, the roof goes up without a hitch, not a single shingle dropped nor thumb hammered by accident like a repeat of the jailhouse in Torchline. And before long, it becomes perfectly ready to keep the outside elements exactly where they should be. Outside.

Hotaru’s end has moderate success, the man she compulses does as he is told but the rest of the interior walls seem to take a bit longer than anticipated, one of her helpers loosing hold of a piece of the drywall as it breaks into essentially a million pieces. Luckily, there’s extra, but it needs a bit more time focused on it.

Flora delegates wonderfully, her group works hard to get the siding up and the windows in place, even as the worker that has shed his jacket starts to complain about the wind. It doesn’t last them long at least, because any last bit of extra help with the siding is helped by the Flood as he dives down from the roof in his bat shift, landing beside Flora to help with the finishing tasks.

Guess we’ve got the door left and whatever else inside.” He offers to Flora, flashing her an easy and thankful smile for all the delegation she’s done and will likely continue to do, moving toward the wagon to start pulling out the exterior door to install.

Round 4 AND THE LASTTT!!!

Hotaru and her group need to keep putting up the interior walls and interior doors!

Flora and her group can start cleaning up the inside of the house (and maybe adding a speck of paint or fashionable touches??)

Sunjata and his group will start installing the exterior door to finish it off.
the flood
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
Valkyrie

Disgruntled by her lack of protection, Hotaru shakes out her hair (and furthermore weaves a bit of air through it, because everything is better with magic) and frowns playfully up at Sunjata when she next sees him appear between the rafters.

Though her compulsion had worked, the efforts were still going rather slow, so Hotaru clicks her tongue and conveniently sneaks away to steal a few of Flora's workers. All they have to do is clean, surely her daughter can spare the manpower? All it takes is a comely smile and the assurance that the change of plans is, well, planned and suddenly she has a few more hands to do the work she doesn't want to.

Well, aside from the nailing. She's happy to do that.

- - -

Ru steals a few workers from Flora's team to complete the internal walls and doors, and helps nail drywall.