the young and indignant
Hotaru

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
I got this feeling on the summer day when you were gone
In the twilight shadows of Halo, a fiery teenage girl disrupted the silence with a rebellious act. Small in stature but immense in fury, she unleashed a torrent of ningo eggs at the looming building. The brittle shells shattered against weathered stones, echoing her discontent through the narrow cobblestone streets. Her actions spoke of defiance in the face of societal constraints--she had been told she couldn't attend a recent training session because of her age. Each egg thrown carried the weight of a turbulent era, leaving behind a scattered trail of shells as a testament to her unspoken rebellion.
I crashed my car into the bridge
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 38 - Dext: 38 - Endr: 54 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9667
as I watch the foaming breakers
when the tide comes rushing in
The little rebel may have gotten away with her act of revenge were the timing of Hotaru’s night not so fortuitous. It’s the sound that alerts her first as she flies overhead, intent on entering her rooms in the Academy from her balcony as she often does. It’s unlike any natural sound in the area at this quiet hour, and as she turns hawk eyes downward and takes in the context of the moment, she is both impressed and irritated with the youth.

Diving on silent wings, Hotaru shifts behind the girl and lays a hand on her shoulder - both to stop her and to ensure she has physical contact to utilize her compulsion magic if she needs to. “Art is subjective my dear, but my decisions as Headmistress are not. Do you think upsetting me is the answer to buying your way into the next training?” Her voice is soft, conversational, but with implied danger beneath. Hotaru runs more age-appropriate lessons for exactly this reason, but if the girl continues to press her luck, she’ll be benched for far longer.
I will contemplate my lifetime
with its virtues and its sins
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Change author:
In the dim glow of Halo's twilight, the fiery teenager froze as the night's unexpected specter descended. Hotaru's hawk-like eyes pierced through the darkness, catching every nuance of the rebellious act. The impact of her hand on the girl's shoulder halted the torrent of ningo eggs mid-flight. Silence hung in the air as the Headmistress spoke with a soft yet firm tone, a dangerous edge underlying her words.

"Subjective, huh? Well, if breaking the monotony of your oh-so-serious Academy is an art form, call me an artist, but I'm not here for your approval." Rage burned in the youngling's eyes and steamed her words, even with the consequences of challenging Hotaru's authority loomed, threatening a longer benching for the relentless rebel.
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
Hotaru only raises a brow at the spitfire's continued fight, almost amused to watch her dig her grave deeper by the moment. It may only infuriate her more, but her lips twitch into a half-smile, plain to see. "Oh, I've never cared if the Academy is serious," she sighs almost whimsically, though her hand never leaves the girl's shoulder. It tightens and she turns her slightly so she can make eye-contact, tapping into her magic as she commands, "Do not speak." Her compulsion takes hold with ease, the girl's strength more willful than actualized.

With the floor to herself now, Hotaru's face falls, serious and sharp. "You were barred from the training because it was too dangerous for you to handle. See how you can't fight my magic? You wouldn't stand a chance - and I know that because it's my job to know what you can and cannot handle as your Headmistress." Despite how firm her voice is, there is a distinct absence of anger or frustration, only a gravitas of sincerity to impress the importance of this upon the young woman.

"Now, I don't intend to punish you - though I certainly could," she warns sharply, eyes flinty for a moment. "If you are this intent on training, then I hope you are prepared for personal lessons with me - starting tomorrow." If the girl intends to court her ire over a lack of training, Hotaru will give her plenty of it. When she is exhausted and spent on the training room floor, maybe she will regret her actions.

Glancing intentionally at the egg-splattered wall, she lets her compulsion fade away, allowing the girl to speak. "However, if you don't clean that wall right now? You can consider the offer null, and you'll be banned from the Academy for a minimum of two years." The choice may seem like it's hers, but with Ru's hand on her shoulder, she'll ensure the girl cleans the wall one way or another. She simply wants to give her one last chance.
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Change author:
She fought. Like a rapid dog caught in a corner. Like a deranged devil with no other choice. Her will hardened like mageglass and she writhed mentally against the Valkyrie’s compulsion. The rebellious teen's eyes flared with defiance even as Hotaru tightened her grip. The command to silence stung, but beneath her fiery exterior, frustration simmered. Hotaru's revelation about the danger only fueled the flames.

The prospect of personal lessons from the Headmistress barely fazed her. Bring it on she thought, unyielding. Yet, the mention of cleaning the egg-splattered wall cut through her bravado. Her heart flickered and then, suddenly, she screamed. The sound boomed and echoed and a flare of power burst around her. The rest of the eggs went smashing across ice and cement, an obvious display of rage-fueled, uncontrolled telekinesis.

A moment of hesitation flickered in her eyes, a subtle acknowledgment of the challenge. [say]"Fine, I'll clean your precious wall,"[/say] she finally shot back, her voice dripping with sarcasm. As the girl begrudgingly approached the wall, she couldn't help but wonder if the rebellious act was worth the impending exhaustion of personal training sessions with Hotaru. The choice might seem like hers, but with the lingering presence of Hotaru's hand, compliance felt inevitable, if begrudgingly given.

Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Change author:
The mess wrought by a rather impressive display of telekinesis (for the girl's age at least) only prompts a further raised brow. More for her to clean, it seems. Hotaru may have only demanded the cleaning of the wall, but she is already known to be fickle (though usually not about the Academy) so why should she care what the girl thinks of being ordered to clean the rest?

"Your understanding is appreciated," she simpers in return, her sarcasm leagues more elegant than the spat brashness she is faced with. Releasing the young woman - though keeping quite a keen eye on her - Hotaru assists with cleaning up if only to ensure it's done properly. Shifting her hands into Komodo claws to scrape the mess off the top of the dirt and snow without chilling her fingers or leaving anything behind to attract rodents and pests, she scoops up the waste and shamelessly uses the bag the girl had brought the eggs in to store the refuse.

It takes nearly thirty minutes of dedicated cleaning due to lack of materials, but Hotaru does not trust she can retrieve any without the young woman running off. Besides, it's only harder for the girl, not the Valkyrie, who has plenty of shifts and magic to assist her.

Critically surveying the wall, Hotaru nods firmly and turns to the girl, taking the bag into her own possession to dispose of; no sense in giving the rebel more literal ammunition if she's going to be taking her eyes off her. "Very well. This is satisfactory. I will see you at training tomorrow in the intermediary hall, understand?" The Valkyrie awaits confirmation first before she shifts into her falcon form once more, clutching the bag in her talons and hefting it into the air with her to dispose of elsewhere.

- Fin!