{RQ} suspend your disbelief
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen
Warden of Halo / Apothecarist

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 8 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 30 - Int:
MICAH - Regular - Tide Jaguar
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9747
Evie
i'll plant a row of daisy seeds
in the space beneath each eye
Despite the news of Safrin looming over the Evergreen’s shoulders, she is determined to make this task for their quest fun. Alys had supported her on her most important day, and while Evie hopes giving her the apothecary balances that somehow, it also makes her realize (with no small amount of chagrin) that perhaps she has gotten rusty and forgotten how to make friends. So today she just wants to unwind and do some good old fashioned bonding.

Armed with an icebox, magic, and determined cheer, Evie picks out a good spot in full view of the sun and sets down the icebox to turn to Alys with a smile. “So I’m open to ideas, but since catching rainbows is an idea that makes my brain hurt I was thinking we could do something like this.” Her magic reaches and grasps at the water around them, spraying it up in a large misty swathe in front of the sun and immediately causing a rainbow. Telekinesis brings a piece of ice to her palm, which she holds up to view the rainbow through - and then she closes her eyes and drops it into the icebox.

Opening her eyes with a smile, she shrugs helplessly at Alys. “If we don’t see the rainbow disappear from the ice, surely it’s still in there right?” It’s just a different kind of ~magic~.
so they'll remind you of your beauty
when they bloom each time you cry
Alys Glasse
Seer

Age: 27 | Height: 5'2" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 8 - Int:
SASCHA - Regular - Ursur
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
Alys
Alys had been thrilled to receive Evie's invitation, even more so when it meant she could bond with her newest friend and help her region all at the same time. She hadn't so many friends that she felt particularly adept at making new ones, but thus far things with Evie had been easy. She wasn't entirely sure when she had gone from a weird loner from the Hollowed Grounds to a happy Halo resident with friends and loved ones, but she found that she relished the change.

The sun was bright overhead when they arrived at their chosen spot, and Alys watched with interest as Evie demonstrated the task at hand. The seer was quiet for a moment, tilting her head to one side as she considered her friend. "You're very creative," she said with a smile. "I'd never have thought of that."

She reached out with her own telekinesis to lift an ice shard into the air, peered through it at the rainbow that still colored the air, and then closed her eyes. It was harder to drop her ice shard into the box - she didn't want to miss and have to start all over - but she managed. When she heard the satisfying click that indicated that her ice shard had found its mark, she opened her eyes. "Do you know how many we have to get?"
Oh, I had a dream that you couldn't hear me screaming
Trying to tell you everything but it wouldn't stop you leaving
Minor powerplay allowed without permission.
Feel free to use force/magic on Alys.
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Age: 34 | Height: 5'5 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Evie
Evie isn't expecting the compliment, so her fair, freckled skin goes a bit pink as she grins and downplays it. "Thanks, it was just something we did a lot in the Grounds as kids." When the long years in the barrier had made them long for something brighter beyond those impenetrable walls. Turning a curious glance toward Alys, she mimics the woman's use of telekinesis if only for the further challenge. "You're from the Grounds too, right?" She recalls it vaguely, likely someone had told her in the time since Alys' arrival, but, "It's your surname. It's familiar to me." And though the Wordsworth name was incredibly well-known in the Grounds, Evie is glad that with her recent marriage, she has killed it for good and escaped from underneath it at the same time.

As she calls up another round of mist to renew the rainbow, Evie squints one eye and looks through the smaller shard of ice her magic had snagged, before closing both and dropping it into the icebox. Only after she has heard it land inside does she open her eyes and give a small shrug and a smile toward Alys. "It wasn't clear from Frey. I'm thinking if we fill it half-full we'll be good to go." It won't take long with the larger chunks of ice spread throughout the smaller debris.
Alys Glasse
Seer

Age: 27 | Height: 5'2" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
SASCHA - Regular - Ursur
Change author:
Alys
Evie downplayed the compliment, but Alys gave her a knowing look, as though to say, I see what you're doing, but you deserve the praise. The seer would never have come up with something half as clever. "I am," she said of the Grounds. "My parents were merchants there." It hadn't been a particularly happy childhood, but it had been so long ago now. She smiled faintly, thinking of the family and friends she'd gained since then, knowing better than most that blood didn't necessarily make for the strongest bonds.

Mist reappeared, and Alys turned her face into the spray for a moment, enjoying the feel of the droplets on her skin. Then she continued, plucking another shard of ice into the air and squinting through it. This one was smaller than the last, and the rainbow looked a little crooked, but the seer didn't think it would matter. She closed her eyes and dropped it into the box. "So, how's married life treating you?"
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Change author:
Evie
Evie blatantly turns away from Alys’ expression, lips twitching with mirth at her own stubbornness. She knows how sensitive of a topic the Grounds can be, so it’s nice to add a little levity here and there. “I’m a Wordsworth by birth,” she explains with a slight wince, far less comfortable with flaunting the equivalent of Grounds royalty when she has killed her lineage forever. Most people know her as Warden, or Evie, or just Evergreen. She hardly ever mentions her origins these days. “It’s interesting how so many Grounders end up calling Halo home, right?” She grins, not forcing Alys to divulge any more than she wants to. Another chunk of ice comes to her hand, and another spray of water into the air.

Only, the mist sprays a little sideways as she splutters slightly, caught off guard by Alys’ question. Laughing, cheeks pink, she smiles at the rainbow created by her own hand and observes it plainly for a moment, basking in her own happiness. “Not much has changed given how we already lived before the wedding, but…” Evie shrugs, words failing to encompass how the feeling was different now. “Somehow, it’s still different. In the best kind of way. I’m happier than I’ve been in years, you know?” Evie turns a shy, girlish expression toward Alys. She hasn’t had an opportunity to talk like this with another woman in a very, very long time. It fills an aching spot she had long since left to fester, and makes her chest tight with gratitude.
Alys Glasse
Seer

SASCHA - Regular - Ursur
Change author:
Alys
The Wordsworth name was familiar to Alys, but she simply hummed a response as she lifted yet another shard to capture a rainbow within. She'd never been particularly interested in names and bloodlines, having learned early on that they meant next to nothing if they brought only misery and pain. As for the next statement, that many Grounders had moved to Halo, Alys paused. She'd found happiness here - for a time, at least - but she'd yet to tell anyone that she was going to be leaving soon. A part of her wanted to share. After all, it was an exciting time for her, and it was a novelty to have friends to share it with. But another part of her - the guilty part of her - wanted to hold it close until she absolutely had to.

"It is," she said, happy, at least, to agree with Evie's assessment. "You and Deimos have made it a refuge." Which was strange, really, given how inhospitable the tundra could be. And yet, the Citadel was protected from the worst of the elements, and the snowy landscape had its own haunting beauty that was incomparable to anywhere else Alys had seen. It might not have been enough to make her stay, but it was certainly sufficient to keep her visiting regularly.

Married life, it seemed, suited Evie, and Alys shared a smile with her friend. She might not completely empathize with the feelings Evie shared, but she could certainly understand how even a small shift could make things feel different - bigger, better, warmer - than before. She thought of Tal, and their time shared at the Spyglass in Stormbreak, and smiled warmly. "I'm happy for you," she said, reaching out a hand to squeeze Evie's arm companionably. "You both deserve happiness."
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Change author:
Evie
She wouldn't be alone in her estimations of Grounds lineage - precisely why Evie had changed her surname to Deimos' despite being the last Wordsworth alive. If they are to have any children someday, she wants them to be free of the expectation of dead men. Living up to the Ignatius name however...Evie can't help but grin to herself at the idea. Deimos would shudder to be held on such a pedestal, but surely his name would impact how their children would move about the world.

Maybe it's the topic in her head, but she doesn't notice Alys' conflicted silence, instead demurring over the idea of having made Halo a refuge. "I don't think I can take much of that credit," she huffs a laugh, something torn appearing and disappearing within a moment on her face before a warm smile takes its place. "But it's amazing to see how far Halo has come, it's true." All of their innovations and magical advancements, the welcoming and close-knit community, the freedom of Abandoned in Halo's borders.

Evie's hand comes up to wrap around Alys' elbow in return, the two women holding each other in that manner for a moment as the Evergreen smiles back. "Thank you. And thank you for being there for me that day - though I know I've said it a hundred times by now." Grinning, she releases the Seer and looks down at their bucket. Nearly full now. "How about one more for each of us and we call it a success?" Raising a ginger brow, she uses her magic to pluck another piece of ice from the shore, using it like a spyglass for the rainbow in front of them. They're so close to completing their quest, and with so many new changes in Caido, Evie is desperate to see Frey once more.
Alys Glasse
Seer

SASCHA - Regular - Ursur
Change author:
Alys
Alys simply shook her head. The more she learned about Evie, the more it seemed that the woman couldn't accept a compliment. Not that Alys could blame her - the seer wasn't exactly one to spend time in the spotlight, either. "I've only really seen Halo as it is now," she mused, dropping a new shard into the icebox. "But from what I hear, it has indeed changed for the better." In no small part to Evie, Alys was sure, but to avoid making her friend uncomfortable, she kept that to herself.

The seer grinned at her friend before releasing her. "I was honored to be a part of your day," she said honestly. "It was truly beautiful. What you and Deimos have is special." She really didn't deserve much in the way of thanks - after all, Hotaru had taken the lead on most of the primping and preparing - but she'd been glad to be there all the same.

"One more," Alys agreed, and picked up one last shard to hold up to the water.
Evie Ignatius
the Evergreen

Change author:
Evie
Evie hums thoughtfully, expression pinched as she pauses and looks out over the ice-scattered horizon. "There are some good accounts on the history of Halo in the library, but only a few that are firsthand journals. Maybe we should write more of them..." It feels like Samuel himself is taking hold of her, and it makes her roll her eyes fondly to herself to envision him shy but gleeful somewhere out in the ether.

"I think everyone thinks of their relationship as special," she begs off with a laugh, though she has a lovesick expression like nobody's business going on at the same time. "But it's definitely special in the sense that we're both Wardens too." An additional stressor to any relationship, but one they've yet to have impact their own. Knock on wood and all that, but Evie truly doubts it ever will. They both love Halo in a way that ensures the work they do for it is hardly a burden.

Speaking of that work - Evie drops her last piece of ice into the icebox, and covers it up immediately after so nothing inside will melt, the mist and rainbow disappearing slowly in the air. Turning to Alys, she holds her hand up for a high-five. "Now I'd call that a mission accomplished. Wanna get lunch?" With a grin, she hoists up the cooler and tilts her head back toward the Citadel, satisfied and ready for a reward.

- Fin!