Plot Advancing PQ full-throated cries
Emergency Shelter PQ+
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2935
yet my blood renders me a King
Sah's heart went out to the tired mother, "I can make some games or puzzles for them to play. Are there any that they enjoy in particular?" Depending on what preferences the children had, the Abandoned could make a variety of games. He'd spent plenty of LongNights curled up with his family and finding quiet yet fun things to do indoors. With Dorothea's input, Sah started creating.

With their mother to supervise, the Abandoned was sure that the children would be able to enjoy themselves without getting in the way of the rest of the work. There was still much that was yet to be done.

~
Sah uses his creation magic to make some puzzles and board games for the kids to play.

Regional Score bonus: +1 in all shrine visits, drops, PQ+s, KQs, etc. (You must post this at the bottom of any post where a +1 should be included)

Magic: Creation | When combined with Mastered Air, Mastered Earth, Mastered Water, and Mastered fire, can create 2 magical items per season (with admin approval). Without mastering the four elements, can create well-made complex machines, and an unlimited number of regular items per thread limited by endurance stat. Small items last their natural lifespan. Medium and large items degrade after a season. Complex machines (a telescope, music box, etc) must be created with the knowledge of the character (i.e., cannot create a machine you don't understand/wouldn't be able to build with relevant tools)
Type: Light | Rank: Mastered
Sah
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 72 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 73 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 10254
DEIMOS
The sound of iron shots is stuck in my head
The thunder of the drums dictates
Mrs. Took had about the same personality as her husband, which was perhaps how they’d gotten along for so how many years. Arms folded across her chest, there was hardly a reaction at all as the unicorn approached, healed, and mended her leg, save for more than a sharp huff. “Thank you, young man,” she extended back to Noah, and even that note of gratitude seemed strained. “I’m going to rest now,” pointing towards one of the unoccupied spaces, already marching over to pull one of the curtains aside. “Don’t let those children bother me,” and she yanked the hangings shut.

Between Eira and Sah’s creations, the Banks’ kids were occupied, but it was difficult to keep any of them from squealing after the griffin overhead, little hands outstretched for feathers and fur. The older ones were much more apt to go for the games, clearly unbothered by the griffin, laying out a checkers mat along one of the desk tops. ”Thank you,” Mrs. Banks offered in return, already trying to corral those yearning to snag at Noah’s companion.

As for Mrs. Knotwise, Deimos pondered over various solutions – she didn’t appear injured, though maybe more than a little rattled from the ongoings, which was a normal and acceptable response from the laden devastation. “Would you like to cook?” He offered in return, beginning to lead her over to the fireplace and the large pot set aside. It’d be something like normalcy, despite lacking her usual accoutrements. The woman’s face lit up at the notions, patting his arm again as she hastened about, beginning to prep for the sudden influx of ideas. ”Could make a nice soup,” and on a spare piece of paper the Sword supplied, she began to make a list of ingredients she needed.

Which would be fortunate, since even amidst the shelter, besides the meat stored, they’d need more food for the occupants. Deimos turned, his loud rumbling voice echoing over the foundations already instilled. “When you two are ready, we should set up the dining area.”

--

NPCs are occupied (for now). We need the following done for the next round:

- One to take Mrs. Knotwise’s list and gather supplies (as best they can in the current state of things) – including water, vegetables, meat, and the like
- Two to move tables, chairs, etc. and prep the dining area

No post order!
The rhythm of the falls, the number of dead
The rising of the horns, ahead
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 10 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 49 - Endr: 51 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
The Forsaken

Eira continued to play with the children. She glided towards the lobby of the palace, hopefully using it as a large open space out of the way for the children to play with her. Used to babysitting and entertaining the Forsaken's children, Eira was enthralled to be able to have so many littles to follow her around, and she felt delight in their laughter.

Noah simply nodded towards the butcher's wife and watched her head towards the make-shift sleeping area. Patting Vi'dore on the neck and turning his attention back towards his fellows. "I can help set up the furniture." Noah said, starting to roll up his sleeves halfway. Then, he helped his friend (whoever also chose to do such a task).

Eira takes the kids to the palace lobby and keeps playing with them, Noah helps move furniture for the dining room.
i'd fashioned my own cross
been crushed by its weight
there's no stronger message
than dirt in your face
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
It's a relief that the children take to the games and Sah gave their mother a soft smile as she turned to handle the excited kids. He regrouped with the others just in time to hear the promise of soup. Perking up he nodded, "I can help set up the dining area as well." The Wild Thunder knew how to make a few recipes, but he wasn't confident that he could accurately find the ingredients needed to make soup. The broth wasn't just water, right? He had no idea.

Teaming up with Noah, Sah helped to set up the dining area. Out of efficiency, he called forth his telekinesis to provide them with an extra 'pair of hands' to get the job. Children were impatient and they would surely run in for food as soon as they got hungry. With more Halovians likely on the way, it would be no surprise to him if they had a full table.

~
Sah helps Noah move tables, chairs, etc., and prep the dining area using manual labor and telekinesis!
Sah
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 33 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
Deimos, much to his surprise, ended up with the list; no furniture to move, no dining area to set. Eyes widened, he received nothing more than a handwave from the newfound cook, before he was off, shaking his head, towards the greenhouse to snag at what vegetables would be suitable for the upcoming soup.

Sah and Noah both took to the task readily – tables and chairs clambered together nicely, the dining area set for whomever required future sustenance, warmth, and comfort. It was beginning to look less like a barren Palace and homier, despite the massive size, and in their opinion, hopefully, finally, put to good use.

But after that, there was more to be done – but mostly in the case of Mrs. Took.

As one child, curious and inquisitive and not distracted by games or companions, reached for the curtain of the woman’s makeshift shelter, there was a bloodcurdling screech from the butcher’s wife. ”Good heavens, get it out of here!” Mrs. Banks also began making a fuss in herding and snagging at her wandering youth, but maybe there was another solution in mind for the time being…

--

Deimos is off to grab ingredients! Sah and Noah have established a lovely dining area, but there are issues with the current occupants. How will you solve the problem? No post order!
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
The Forsaken

The setting up of the dining room didn’t take much time. Sah and Noah were both well equipped with strength and experience in such tasks (moving furniture, trying to place it in a way that made sense for foot traffic, etc). With their focus clearly entertained by the duties at hand, it was easy for them to forget about what they had already accomplished.

The children seemed to grow bored of what they had been given, and Eira’s sharp mental alert reverberated within Noah at nearly the same time that the scream reached his ears. Shoving a chair in to place, Noah trotted towards the sound of the alarmed woman. Noah raised his hands, palms out, towards the butcher’s wife in a manner attempting to calm her down, as he then reached for her curtain. He pulled it closed, and then turned towards the children as Eira continued to chirp and play tag with those she had occupied.

”Hey, I’ve got an idea. Why don’t you guys come with me to gather some firewood for the fire? This palace has the biggest hearth you’ve ever seen.” He said, trying to gently herd the group back towards the palace lobby.

Noah tries to wrangle the kids and get them to help him gather firewood.
than dirt in your face
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
The table was set without issue and Sah was just about to stretch lazily when the scream came. Alarmed, he was right on Noah's heels as they made their way towards the sound. He initially felt relief that it wasn't an emergency, but it was quickly overtaken by annoyance at Mrs. Took's extreme reaction. It was just a child! Thankfully Noah seemed to have her, and her tent covered.

Noah turned towards the children just as he did. "If any of you don't want to move firewood, I have an idea. We can each grab a piece of rubble from outside and paint it." Channeling his magic, he created a vial of paint and a brush in his hand, "I can make whatever color that you'd like." He'd make sure that any piece chosen didn't have any dangerous edges in it of course.

It might be a weird idea, but the Wild Thunder thought it might help the children deal with the trauma of the situation. They'd be able to look back at their art when they felt overwhelmed and be reminded that beautiful things could come from disaster. But maybe he was overthinking this.

~
Sah offers a craft project for the kids who don't want to help Noah.
Sah
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
Mrs. Took was sent to near sputtering at Noah’s sudden appearance, and the closing of her curtain, but quickly peeled away to silent grumbling as the child, and the hordes of others, were occupied by the Forsaken and Sah’s activities. The older children, content to help with any proceedings, followed alongside Noah, eager and chipper and completely unaware, with Mrs. Knotwise applauding them in her usual soft manner. “Get a nice fire going for us, dears, and then the sooner we can eat,” as means of encouragement.

While Sah was properly, and understandably, irritated, his mannerisms persisted in snagging at the rest of the young flock, with Mrs. Banks alongside, to paint some rocks and rubble. The requests for colors came on streamlined efforts, shouts, and hollers of excitement. “Rainbow!” “Silver!” “Turquoise!” all held banners of enthusiasm – and perhaps the Wild Thunder would be able to corral them in an area away from Mrs. Took.

Deimos, meanwhile, had snagged vegetables, broth, and several other ingredients from either the greenhouse or whatever the markets were willing to spare, before returning to the sight of the shelter. His eyes might have widened at the entanglement of children running around in different locales, but then he shrugged, intent on his goal. “Let me know if this is not enough,” he told Mrs. Knotwise when he’d unloaded all of it, to which she tutted and began mixing together in a large pot.

Turning back to his constituents, and muffling something like a snicker, he gave them another mission while the food cooked and rendered. “I figured we could tackle the medical area next,” jaw jutting over to where the supplies had been stored, but clearly not moved in everything else going on.

--

The children have been occupied (again), and Deimos has returned with the ingredients for food!

Next tasks:
- One to continue to occupy the children/help stoke the fire for the soup
- Two for getting the medical area ready, including storing bandages, gauze, etc.

No post order! Deimos will take the last available task.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
The Forsaken

Gathering the firewood wasn't too difficult of a task in and of itself. There was plenty that needed to just come inside -- already gathered, split, and stacked. The people of Halo never let this slip -- and as soon as word got out that Deimos was spearheading this project, the wood came. Noah directed the children to grab that they could and bring it inside. "Over here." He directed once they were inside again. He led the children to the largest hearth, and set his own logs down to show them where to stack theirs.

As Noah started their second trip he acknowledge Deimos' return. "I'm going to keep these guys busy getting wood and we'll get that fire and up roaring." He said. Then, he and the kids proceeded. Grabbing a few more loads of wood, Noah then started stacking in the hearth and got a fire going enough for the kitchen to be able to cook on however they needed.

Noah does wood and fire!
than dirt in your face
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
The children quickly took up Sah's attention and he worked efficiently to create any color that was thrown out. It's a relief that he's had so much practice with his creation magic lately. There were a few colors thrown out that he'd never heard of. Thankfully a quick group huddle with examples and similar color names, he was able to make them. At least the children are having fun.

Returning to the others with paint-splattered clothes, Sah let out a tired laugh. "I'll take care of this and then head over to sort the medical supplies." With a rush of telekinesis and air magic, the paint now surrounded him in the snow, leaving his clothes their normal black and earth tones. When ready, he grabbed the first bin of bandages and got to work.

~
Sah works to get the medical area ready by bringing in and organizing the bins of bandages, gauze, etc.
Sah
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
There was an air of slight peace to the shelter – for the moment – everything and everyone in rhythm with what was required. The children were split amongst themselves, with either firewood or painting rocks, Mrs. Banks could have a moment to breathe with the smallest of the lot, and Mrs. Knotwise was quietly peeling potatoes and humming as the fire stoked and roared. Best of all, Mrs. Took was silent behind her curtain, save for the mild snoring.

It gave Noah an opportunity to stack with the stronger portions of the brood, as the youths eagerly joined in, either to appease and impress the demigod, or as forms of entertainment. Mrs. Knotwise, perhaps a bit more clever than she let on every now and then, eyed them all shrewdly. ”Would you like to help me make the soup?” Noah, was, by default, also pulled into the inquiry.

Meanwhile, Deimos and Sah began sorting through the rolls and bins of bandages, gauze, and supplies left untouched or unfurled; more than once they’d each find themselves having to find a more efficient system. “We can store them over here,” to which the Sword nodded towards the designated area, placing more of the boxes alongside. “We should move these beds around and make space for anyone needing treatment too.”

--

The fire is going, the supplies have been sorted, and now there’s more to do.

Noah and the children have been conscripted into soup making!

Deimos and Sah can arrange the medical area.

No post order!
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
The Forsaken

The fire came to life and it filled Noah with a solace as it always did, always had, always would. Fire in Halo would always be the beacon of hope, life, and safety. Even now, the sprawling metropolis that Halo was (before the damage caused by the starfall) it was still an eternal, centering structure of pureness.

As the fire was tended and ready, Noah was pulled in to making soup. He followed willingly, eyes flicking around what had already been done. Nodding and keeping idle talk as it came up, the hunter worked on washing, peeling, and chopping produce that Deimos had brought back from the Greenhouse.  

Noah helps make soup!
than dirt in your face
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah nodded and turned to follow Deimos' directions. "Let's move the beds first so we have more room to store the supplies." Putting the supplies down near the door, he stepped up to lift one of the beds. Maneuvering the beds without scaping the walls was more of a challenge than he expected. Once he felt that there was enough space, Sah turned back to the medical supplies.

The Wild Thunder did his best to keep the organization logical by sorting the supplies into different stacks of related items. Putting bandages beside disinfectants and gauze while placing blankets and towels in a different section for example.

~
Sah helps arrange the medical area!
Sah
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
The kids watched as Mrs. Knotwise and Noah expertly peeled away at the vegetables, before taking their own turns with washing and chopping, as much as their little hands could do safely. The finesse of the plop as they all went into the boiling water was much appreciated, and before long their eyes darted back to the Forsaken and cook, as if to say what next?. Mrs. Knotwise instigated another turn instead. ”We should get some bread, don’t you think?, glancing pointedly at Noah, while the children began to chant “Bread! Bread!” at the top of their lungs. ”Quick too,” she added, pointing in the direction of the snoring Mrs. Took across the hall. ”Wouldn’t want to wake her.”

Meanwhile, Deimos and Sah organized and maneuvered, until a lift of one bed solidified in a resounding crack. The Sword had the wherewithal to restraint the sudden bout of irritation and annoyance flickering to his face, though his expression went into a reluctant nonchalance, as if the expectation had been there all along. “All right, I will fix this,” and his eyes went towards more linens, then back to Sah. “You can prepare more of the medical beds.”

--

Noah has been bullied into grabbing bread from somewhere.

Deimos is repairing one of the medical beds, and Sah can continue preparing the infirmary portion of the wing.

No post order!