swirling in disarray
Asra
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 10 - Strg: 49 - Dext: 49 - Endr: 51 - Luck: 47 - Int: 1
EIRA - Mythical - Griffin (Venom) VI’ADORE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Time Offline
Change author:
MP: 1005
The Forsaken

You see the things they never see
All you wanted I could be
Noah ventured beyond the imposing Citadel walls, his steps purposeful against the backdrop of a world transformed. The familiar tundra, once a vast expanse of frozen solitude, now lay inundated, water stretching as far as the eye could see. His hood, typically shielding him from the elements, failed to guard against the surprise etched across his features.

The floodwaters reflected the overcast sky and shimmered ominously. The Citadel, a bastion against the chaos of the divine and malevolent, stood behind him with walls a testament to order and stability. Yet, the very nature of the tundra, a land he thought he knew intimately, had undergone a drastic change. Noah knelt at the water's edge, dipping his fingers into the cold flood, a furrow forming on his brow. The connection he felt was distorted, the energies of the flooded tundra swirling in disarray.
Now you know me and I'm not afraid
And I wanna tell you who I am
Noah
Asra Solaris

Age: 31 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
TROUBLE - Mythical - Griffin (Fire Breath)
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2895
asra

Pride does not equal arrogance

A large griffin flew overhead, a smaller one perched on her back. It had been some time since Asra had been in Halo and she hadn't expected such change. Circling back, she landed a small distance from the man. Trouble happily leaped down and smacked the water with a paw and watched the water ripple. Letting out a cheerful shriek, he then smacked both front paws down.

Leaving her young companion to play with the water, Asra tilted her head at Noah, Are you aware of what caused this change? It was entirely possible that the man wouldn't be able to understand her and if that was the case, she'd have to shift. Comfortable as she was in her feathers, however, she'd rather avoid it if she could.
coding by kaons | image generated on Adobe Firefly
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
The Forsaken

Knelt down as he was, Noah suddenly surged upwards when the winged shadow flickered over the water. His heart skipped a half a beat as the very-feline and very-winged creature’s shadow made him think Remi had come to the Citadel. When his eyes lifted to the creature, however, it was not Remi he saw. So he swelled with power. Within him celestial energy stirred and he readied himself for a defense.

All of that was cut short, however, when a vaguely familiar voice entered his mind. Asra? He asked, brows knitting together. His voice across the attuned bond carried the length of his confusion, wondering why the woman was here. He didn’t know the nomadic nature she held—the Forsaken had believed she was a member of the Hollowed Grounds community when she came to help with the repairs in the infirmary.

It’s whatever caused those tangle weed to hurt as they did. Noah said to her, memories of the day pressing in his mind. The meteors that fell over Longnight, and the one that more recently fell in Torchline.
Noah
Asra Solaris

Age: 31 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
asra

Only at the sound of her name through the bond did Asra fully recognize the man. She nodded her head, shaking out her fur. Good day, Noah. Ignoring his confusion to focus on the matter at hand, she stepped forward to sniff the water. It smelled normal as far as she could tell. Icier than she was used to if anything.

Fascinating but concerning. Asra looked up and eyed Noah, I imagine that similar things will continue to occur across Caido. We are never so lucky that it is only one region that faces calamity. The dramatics always overflowed to spread across the regions, one by one. The meteor's effect hitting Halo's was no different.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
The Forsaken

Even when the Hollowed Grounds contained all of the heralds and the Voice, the rest of Caido still felt the sting of calamity. Halo was no stranger to the terror that Caido could hold, not before the falling of the barrier, the war, and all that was between. Now in the face of the next danger, they needed to prepare just the same. I spoke with Vi after we refurbished the Temple. This is something that is against our gods. As an attuned, Noah understood that Asra had to follow one of the old gods.

Noah's nerves churned like a tempest within as he contemplated it all, though. USed to it as he was, as the world was at large, it didn’t make it easy by any means. The weight of his mission pressed upon him, and the uncertainty of its outcome cast a shadow over his thoughts.
Noah
Asra Solaris

Change author:
asra

Asra nodded in agreement, Indeed. The regions of Caido had always been deeply interconnected.   Trade, communication, political strife, magic, energy, fate, etc. Each was tied to that of the other regions and the griffin did not doubt that if one truly fell to an outside threat, others would follow.

She ruffled her fur as Noah spoke of Vi, recalling his Demi-god status. If Vi declares it, then it is so. What do we need to do? It was true that as an Attuned, she was a follower of the Old. Having been Attuned by Frey when she was just a teenager. Her loyalty would always be to nature and its balance, a follower of Frey and Rae till the end.

Asra refrained from commenting on the echoes of restlessness that she could feel through the Attuned bond. The man wasn't actively projecting it to her, so she pretended to be none the wiser.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
The Forsaken

Noah's glacier eyes flicked towards the griffin, a bright spark of hope easy to see across them. His face softened some, and if one looked hard enough they were sure to see a weight lifted off of the demigod's shoulders. He didn't know she would be so willing to step in to what Vi had for him -- for them -- but her haste gave her another ounce of his trust.

Vi says to destroy all of the flora and fauna that are affected by the void touch. Noah said simply, though he was sure Asra could feel the weight of those words across the attuned bond. When the god of life says that something must die, then it certainly should. Noah again regarded Asra with another look before he let his eyes fall out over the tundra.

Do you travel often? Perhaps you could help expel in other regions, too.
Noah
Asra Solaris

Change author:
asra

Asra's concern and wariness echoed in the bond as she took in Noah's words. I will be settling in King's End soon. I prefer to be around as few people as possible but with the coming storm, being around allies will be best. However, I will not give up my travels entirely. A new, still-to-develop region would be the best compromise for her to build a home. Yet nothing would take her wanderlust away. The wilderness would always be her home and where she was most at peace.

Conviction burned within the griffin, and Noah could surely feel it as she nodded, I will kill any of these corrupted creatures that I stumble upon. They were an enemy to Vi, an enemy to them all. Any beings touched by the void that made the mistake of crossing her path would meet fire and retribution. They would regret ever stepping upon Caido's land.
Noah Olson
the Forsaken
Hunter

Change author:
The Forsaken

My friend Hotaru lives there, now. She would welcome you with open arms. Noah said, a bright burst of affection swelling over the attuned bond. She used to live here in Halo, but has just recently moved there. And though Noah didn’t agree with the decision, nor her partnership with a certain demigod and leader of the region, he had no control over the Valkyrie’s decisions. She was her own, and always would be. He hoped.

Taking in a deep breath, Noah turned slightly and gestured towards the horizon, where the sun was beginning to dip. I better get back into the Citadel. Check on a few more things before it gets too dark. Noah reached out, offering a departing pat to the griffin’s shoulder should she allow it. You are welcome in Halo any time, Asra. He reassured her and her traveling heart.

FIN
Noah