pulled down by gravity
For nature Frey/Tal
Alys Glasse
Seer

Age: 27 | Height: 5'2" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 8 - Int:
SASCHA - Regular - Ursur
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
Alys
Alys had never thought she'd be standing in front of a shrine, an offering in her hands, preparing to commune with a god. She wondered if they would hold her feelings against her, her long-suffering disdain for everything they were and everything they stood for. From what she'd heard, Frey was the most accepting of Abandoned, but how far did that grace extend?

She was glad of Talyson's company. Even if he couldn't do this for her, his presence was still reassuring, and she'd clung to his hand as they approached the shrine, drawing strength from her partner. Now, though, she'd released him and stepped forward to set a small basket full of various seeds on the shrine. Nestled among the seeds was a drawing of a butterfly. It seemed silly and insignificant in the face of all that had happened, but she'd included it just the same, if only to offer Frey something a little pretty, if only to bring a little brightness to the god.

Did they even care about things like that? She wasn't sure.

The seer took a deep breath, trying not to fidget, trying to recall the words she'd planned ever since Tal had agreed to accompany her to see Frey. "Hi, Frey," she said, feeling supremely stupid talking to thin air. "I wanted to ask for some armor. If it could help me evade my opponents, that would be great. And, um -" Her voice softened and dropped. "Thanks," she added. "For taking care of Tal and me on the Sea of Dreams."

------

Alys is asking for a quest for armor that will give a boost to DEX while wearing to give her super speed.

Regional Score bonus: +1 in all shrine visits, drops, PQ+s, KQs, etc. (You must post this at the bottom of any post where a +1 should be included)
I once believed love would be burning red
But it’s golden
Minor powerplay allowed without permission.
Feel free to use force/magic on Alys.
Talyson Seawright
the Messenger
Courier

Age: 27 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 10 - Strg: 44 - Dext: 46 - Endr: 50 - Luck: 52 - Int: 1
BOREAL - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Cirago Offline
Change author:
MP: 5305
For once, Tal wasn't praying for something for himself. He walked in beside Alys, his hand wrapped around hers, comfortable and comforting as he offered her a whisper of support. "You've got this! Frey's great, you'll see," he murmured. It might be one of his last times praying at the shrine in the Citadel, but he'd grown up with it. Even if he hadn't been the most pious child there was a comfort in this place that was sorely needed after the events of Starfall.

His own offering was a small pot of rich soil with a handful of the most beautiful flowers he'd found in the Celestine that he'd never seen before, untouched by void as far as he could tell. They had taken some effort to keep alive on the journey back to Halo but now they spread petals of cream and orange above silvery green foliage. He set it on the altar beside Alys's butterfly and then stepped back with a final squeeze of her hand. This was Alys's prayer and her request...

But Tal bowed his head and prayed just as hard as he could that Frey would answer her.

Regional Score bonus: +1 in all shrine visits, drops, PQ+s, KQs, etc. (You must post this at the bottom of any post where a +1 should be included)

Age: 7 | Height: | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: - Strg: - Dext: - Endr: - Luck: - Int:
Played by: Admin Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Frey
The answer to Alys's internal musings is as follows: it extends far enough, today.

Almost blooming in the Citadel shrine, the Abandoned's seeds will burst into growth in response to the arrival of the deity, and her butterfly will flap off the page and take to the air. (It is still only paper, of course, for such a creature would perish in this cold, but it's the thought that counts).

"The Sea of Dreams can be very fickle," they agree, taking up the pot with the beautiful flower in it and smiling to themselves. "Armour will not help you to evade it." Raising a brow and smiling, golden skinned and abundant, they nonetheless understand Alys's request.

"Very well. Bring me a few components, and we shall see if we might make you a more wily opponent..."

Alys has received a quest! She must complete the following:

1. Complete a thread trading for or crafting the item she wishes to use as armor.
2. Complete a training thread focused on speed and agility while wearing the garment made in 1.
3. Complete a thread trying to catch a blink hare while wearing the garment made in 1.
4. Complete a thread playing a game of tag while wearing the garment made in 1.
Alys Glasse
Seer

Age: 27 | Height: 5'2" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 18 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 8 - Int:
SASCHA - Regular - Ursur
Played by: RayoDeSoleil Offline
Change author:
MP: 3230
Alys
For the briefest of moments, nothing happened, and Alys was left to stand before the shrine with the strangest combination of emotions stirring in her chest - hope, excitement, anxiety, fear - but then her seeds burst into growth, startling the seer, and a breeze called her butterfly, somehow, off the page and into the air. She watched it with surprise, her mouth hanging open -

And then Frey was there, their golden skin glowing in the light. Her mouth dry, she could but listen to the deity's instructions, and when they were finished, Alys nodded shakily. "Th-thank you," she said, her mind already whirring with ideas and plans. "I will complete these tasks."

-FIN-
I once believed love would be burning red
But it’s golden
Minor powerplay allowed without permission.
Feel free to use force/magic on Alys.